• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
Newtype Awards were announced on Saturday
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...movie-win-top-prizes-in-newtype-awards/.79838

Best Character (male)
1. Kirito (Sword Art Online II)
2. Producer (IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukōgawa e!)
3. (tie) Gunzō Chihaya (Arpeggio of Blue Steel)
3. (tie) Rin Matsuoka (Free! Eternal Summer)
5. Jōtarō Kūjō (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
6. Tatsuya Shiba (The irregular at magic high school)
7. Kotetsu T. Kaburagi (Tiger & Bunny The Movie -The Rising-)
8. Sora (No Game, No Life)
9. Koyomi Araragi (Monogatari Series Second Season)
10. Hōzuki (Hōzuki no Reitetsu)

Best Character (female)
1. Haruka Amami (THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukōgawa e!)
2. Ryūko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
3. Mako Mankanshoku (Kill la Kill)
4. Homura Akemi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion)
5. Chihaya Kisaragi (THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukōgawa e!)
6. Kaori Fujimiya (One Week Friends)
7. Takao (Arpeggio of Blue Steel)
8. Asuna (Sword Art Online II)
9. Hibiki Ganaha (THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukōgawa e!)
10. Iori Minase (THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukōgawa e!)

Best Picture (TV Broadcast)
1. Kill la Kill
2. Arpeggio of Blue Steel
3. Love Live!
4. Free! Eternal Summer
5. One Week Friends
6. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
7. Gundam Build Fighters
8. Riddle Story of Devil
9. Is the order a rabbit?
10 Haikyu!!

Studio Award
1. A-1 Pictures
2. TRIGGER
3. Sanjigen
4. Sunrise
5. Kyoto Animation

More awards in the link

Branduil

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...movie-win-top-prizes-in-newtype-awards/.79838

More awards in the link

i6FT78LLGUL3O.jpg

Dresden

Best Character (male)

At least the girls aren't as bad as this lot. All three may as well be faceless.

Jarmel

Banned
Ryuuko being on that list is blowing my mind.

How the fuck do you vote for her when Satsuki is in the same show?

How do people have taste this bad?

More awards in the link

Hum let's see :
Best Character (male)
3. (tie) Rin Matsuoka (Free! Eternal Summer)
5. Jōtarō Kūjō (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)
6. Tatsuya Shiba (The irregular at magic high school)
7. Kotetsu T. Kaburagi (Tiger & Bunny The Movie -The Rising-)
8. Sora (No Game, No Life)
9. Koyomi Araragi (Monogatari Series Second Season)
10. Hōzuki (Hōzuki no Reitetsu)

I'm ok with this , kirito popularity is like kira yamato , it's not going to go down anytime soon. Producer in second place is a nice surprise. Sora would have been higher if he wasn't tied to his sister.

Best Character (female)
1. Haruka Amami (THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukōgawa e!)
2. Ryūko Matoi (Kill la Kill)
3. Mako Mankanshoku (Kill la Kill)
4. Homura Akemi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie Part 3: Rebellion)
5. Chihaya Kisaragi (THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukōgawa e!)
6. Kaori Fujimiya (One Week Friends)
7. Takao (Arpeggio of Blue Steel)
8. Asuna (Sword Art Online II)
9. Hibiki Ganaha (THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukōgawa e!)
10. Iori Minase (THE IDOLM@STER MOVIE: Kagayaki no Mukōgawa e!)
I'm NOT OK with this.
Goddam Haruka , what are you doing in first place ? This list is missing takane.
Nice to see takao in the top , she deserved it.
Lol idolmaster really broke this ranking.

Best Picture (TV Broadcast)
1. Kill la Kill
2. Arpeggio of Blue Steel
3. Love Live!
4. Free! Eternal Summer
5. One Week Friends
6. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders
7. Gundam Build Fighters
8. Riddle Story of Devil
9. Is the order a rabbit?
10 Haikyu!!

HUm this list is clearly buggued. gundam should have been higher and arpeggio ( as much as i like the show ) should have been lower. What's the heck is lovelive doing here ?

Studio Award
1. A-1 Pictures
2. TRIGGER
3. Sanjigen
4. Sunrise
5. Kyoto Animation

i don't have a problem with this.

Mecha Design
1. Takehiko Matsumoto (Arpeggio of Blue Steel)
2. I-IV, Kenji Teraoka (Aldnoah.Zero)
3. Hajime Katoki, Junya Ishigaki, Nobuhiko Genma (Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 "Over the Rainbow")
4. Gundam Build Fighters
5. Makoto Ishiwata (Valvrave the Liberator)
6. Knights of Sidonia
7. (tie) Shigeto Koyama (Captain Earth)
7. (tie) Girls und Panzer: Kore ga Hontō no Anzio-sen Desu!
9. Shoji Kawamori (Nobunaga The Fool)
10. Takeshi Takakura, CHOCO (Infinite Stratos 2)
Yeah i can accept this list ... not perfect but it works.

Voice Actor Award (female)
5. Miyuki Sawashiro
You will always be the first , my godess.

Jarmel

Banned
Monster-8
This was kinda weird. So Tenma goes back to work despite knowing that people probably want to kill him.

Also fuck Eva. Bitch can drown herself in alcohol. Tenma did the right thing ignoring her. I started bawling out in laughter when she tried to blackmail him back into a relationship with her.

I was full of dread thinking that Parasyte would be a horrible adaptation, but I'm content with it so far. The soundtrack seems out of place and some of the added scenes feel odd, yet I'm hopeful the series can keep from falling on its face. Fingers crossed.

Jarmel

Banned
I was full of dread thinking that Parasyte would be a horrible adaptation, but I'm content with it so far. The soundtrack seems out of place and some of the added scenes feel odd, yet I'm hopeful the series can keep from falling on its face. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully Yoshinari does more cuts, since he wants to do everything other than work on LWA2. This way he's contributing to at least one show of worth this season.

fertygo

One Week Friend always voted kinda high in this kind of vote is rather weird, iirc its ranked 2 in big globe poll or something.

Cross Ange 2

Still subdued as fuck compared to some of the reactions in here. Was expecting
full-on rape, but only got a failed attempt.
Not to say it can't happen later considering the character, but I feel like they're setting her up to die considering she's being portrayed as anything but sympathetic.

The first episode was more fucked up than this. This was just a standard set-up for the fight against the dragons. Protagonist that shouldn't be good at something is a natural, the enemies appear,
someone giving off major death flags dies,
it's all vanilla stuff.

Still enjoying it to a degree.

mankoto

Seven Deadly Sins 2
Just a set up episode really. Our heroes were given a tip on where to go and Elizabeth is a failure as a waitress. But hey, at least she's wearing actual clothes now and not that skin tight stuff.

PK Gaming

Girl Friends BETA 1

Who is the target audience for this anime?

The people who played the FTP game? If that were the case, wouldn't the archetypal self-insert MC make more sense?

Yuri fans? Possibly. MC seems only seems to be interested in that one girl, but it'd be cool if they went with a reverse harem.

Midonin

Girl Friends BETA 1

Who is the target audience for this anime?

The people who played the FTP game? If that were the case, wouldn't the archetypal self-insert MC make more sense?

Yuri fans? Possibly. MC seems only seems to be interested in that one girl, but it'd be cool if they went with a reverse harem.
Fans of the game are interested in the girls themselves (I think. As much as I want to view this from Japan's perspective, it's all theory), and again, I point to Koihime Musou and Milky Holmes, which did the same thing. What we're looking at here is the future of next season. With both iM@S Cinderella Girls and KanColle coming out, social/browser games with a large cast of characters may be the in thing.

Though I do know the makers of the game are trying to make a "Boyfriend" version, which would appeal to people like DTL and DTL.

mankoto

Girl Friend BETA 1
Well, that was incredibly dragged out for no reason whatsoever. If anything, I appreciate them having Chloe's VA practically enunciate every syllable to deepen the fact that she's a foreigner. Just throwing in the random French wouldn't have cut it.

PK Gaming

Fans of the game are interested in the girls themselves (I think. As much as I want to view this from Japan's perspective, it's all theory), and again, I point to Koihime Musou and Milky Holmes, which did the same thing. What we're looking at here is the future of next season. With both iM@S Cinderella Girls and KanColle coming out, social/browser games with a large cast of characters may be the in thing.

Though I do know the makers of the game are trying to make a "Boyfriend" version, which would appeal to people like DTL and DTL.

I see, I see... you may have a point. I don't mind this new trend (I hate bland harems), though i'm not sure if I want to keep watching, but i'll give it until the 3rd or 4th episode.

Ojamajo Doremi - 20

So whoever is the owner of that one single magic shop gets to be queen of like, the entire Witch World.

And they decide who owns the shop by lottery.

They hold a lottery to decide their next leader.

We have G Gundam where war is based on the principles of sportsmanship, and we have Doremi, where leaders are chosen based on who owns a shop by sheer luck.

#Animepolitics

Girl Friend BETA 1
Well, that was incredibly dragged out for no reason whatsoever. If anything, I appreciate them having Chloe's VA practically enunciate every syllable to deepen the fact that she's a foreigner. Just throwing in the random French wouldn't have cut it.

Thats when I stopped the show. The characters looked cute but as soon as that french girl with her weird talking came in, I went nope.

Averon

Cross Ange 2

The command structure that's presented in this show is very stupid. What did the CO think would happen when she decided to
put Ange on the front line just after an attempted rape...that SHE approve of?
If this is how they run things, why would any newbie not do what Ange, or start a mutiny, or kill their squad mate during a mission?
The leadership in this show is one that encourages mutiny, disloyalty, and inefficiency.
Hell, the CO even said she did not care if Ange dies, despite saying how she's above average in stats.

Now I'm reminded of all the illogical fallacies I noticed in the plot/story while watching SeeD and Destiny. Annoyed me to no end.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san 1

This is just depressing. So much loneliness.

But yeah, great art, good color design, and its 4koma nature is handled better than I thought it might be based on some comments I had heard. Will keep watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom