• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I have no problem with the Migi sounds.
They're great here, when the idea is to create an organic but foreign sound. Most of the sound effects in The Wind Rises were horrible as shoddy attempts to recreate mechanical or natural noises.

javac

I was on MAL and I saw this on the side...lol

j2WjiKY.png

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Parasyte 2
Parasyte once again prove it worth. Even though i notice there's a slight quality decrease, it's still a pleasant show to watch. Now, there's few thing that i notice about this episde, mostly about the nature of human and parasyte. In this episode, there's a comment about human closer to demon, as shown in the last scene, there's a bunch of teenager doing cruel thing to cat, just because. Sadist and cruel as it may be, the parasyte kill only to satiate their hunger, no more, no less.

Holding hand scene is so damn lewd, but it also show the connection between both character, and how human may instinctively can feel the presence of parasyte. Another thing i applaud is that the change of setting in this show to the 00 year making it more relatable to the audience and giving us interesting problem as well, even with all the internet thing going on, no one seem to understand the phenomena that happen. Now, one thing i notice is that mating process is a major theme in this episode, in line with puberty thing that happen to teenager. Definitely a great episode.

Sagebu 1-5

I... don't think I really enjoy this show. I just don't really find it consistently funny. There's the occasional decent gag, Platy seems funny whenever he makes an appearance, but overall the humor seems really forced. Like, I sometimes wonder if that narrator was always there, or if he was added in late because they needed to inform the viewers when they make a joke so you remember to laugh. Ultimately, this show feels like a mix of YuruYuri and C3bu, just not as good as either (yes, I think C3bu is a better show). I'll probably keep watching it just because I have nothing better to do while I work from home today and I don't want to start something new midway through my workday.

It gets better towards the end.

Thoraxes

This is great news, this also means a huge order I placed is now shipping if so.
Yep, should be!
Awww dammit. I didnt get a shipping confirmation yet! I preordered it separately just so I could get it sooner
They charge you when they ship it, but don't send shipping notifications till the next day due to how their system works. Check your bank account if you want to know before like 4 AM Central Time around the time they usually send them out.

Even with free shipping, I'll probably have my copy Saturday if lucky.

"Assassination Classroom" Anime Student Cast Listed
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/10/16/assassination-classroom-anime-student-cast-listed

Seems almost all casts are not same as OVA?

Karma Akabane: Nobuhiko Okamoto
Yuuma Isogai: Ryota Ohsaka
Tomohito Sugino: Yamaya Yoshitaka
Ryoma Terasaka: Subaru Kimura

Perfect choice for my Karma kun and I cant wait to hear Terasaka. Happy for Isogai.

Now I just need Itona! Pretty much more hyped for this than World Trigger at this point, please deliver studio and staff.

Now to wait for Seraph of the End cast.

jman2050

Shirobako 1-2

So hey, this show kinda owns. Kinda sells itself as a "cute girls drawing cute anime" type of deal just by the intro and premise and then suddenly rough cuts and schedules and dubbing and oh god production delays we're all totally screwed and it's all just so fascinating. It's a really pretty show too.

Also I'd totally watch I Think My Harem is Slowly Falling Apart But I Might Just Be Imagining It for at least an episode.

Naruto Shippuden 382

Hashi's speech and Sasuke "I don't give a fuck" attitude were the best parts.

Miss opportunity to have Shikamaru regain conscience at the end.

Would have made things more impactful.

cajunator

Banned
Denki Gai 01

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
also ero and cute overworked manga artists.
and a girl who speaks before thinking.
Oh god I love it!

Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru 01-02

Magical girl fighting monsters, very cute overall. Some questionable CGI, but I can look past that. Tougou a best and proof that the handicapped person in any group is always the most capable one. Insert joke about Tougou's massive guns, all of them. I mean geeze where was she hiding those things? Despite all this happiness I can sense this undercurrent of suffering coming at some point. Also great music.

DENKI-GAI 03

Cute episode. Makes all the pairings very obvious if they weren't already. Poor camera has no though and that is quite unfair!

cajunator

Banned
Yuki Yuna wa Yusha de Aru 01-02

Magical girl fighting monsters, very cute overall. Some questionable CGI, but I can look past that. Tougou a best and proof that the handicapped person in any group is always the most capable one. Insert joke about Tougou's massive guns, all of them. I mean geeze where was she hiding those things? Despite all this happiness I can sense this undercurrent of suffering coming at some point. Also great music.

DENKI-GAI 03

Cute episode. Makes all the pairings very obvious if they weren't already. Poor camera has no though and that is quite unfair!

I need that Yuki Yuna show in my life.

jbug617

Banned
Your lie in April 2

I like what I see but I wonder what the progression is going to be to get the MC back into his groove.

I have a feeling that the MC is
going to return to competitive playing and fuck up pretty bad

sonicmj1

Parasyte just has odd sound design.

There's clearly a logic behind the choices they're making, of course. The theory seems to be creating an aural divide between the "human" side of the show containing Shinichi's relationships, with its gentle piano theme and healing ending, and the "alien" side of the show, full of dubstep and an opening theme that's just a few degrees removed from crabcore.

I don't know if it really works, though. I think the separation between the two is too harsh, so that it doesn't feel like one half can coexist with the other. Within the writing of the show, both halves inform each other, and it can seamlessly move back and forth at any time. The music, on the other hand, feels like it belongs to two separate shows.

It's not fatal, but it is a bit of a blemish on an otherwise strong production.

PSYCHO-PASS Episode 24 The Creeping Unknown

Compelling content and mystery yet it still feels like all the characters are lacking something. Cant wait to see things open a bit more based on the ending character.

mankoto

Daitoshokan 2
First day of the project and you have to help clean up the trash... Well, at least you got 2 new female friends out of it.

Your lie in April Episode 2 - Friend A

We need a Your Lie In April x Angel Beats x Haikyuu!! crossover, since Friend A can meet Villager A (Ooyama [Angel Beats], and Villager B (Yachi) [Haikyuu!!]

Alright episode, ant believe my favorite Watari has to be the one to fall asleep there, but then I could imagine it. I wish pianist got some recognition as well too.

Ore Twintail ni Narimasu - 02

I ... I don't have the words

GOD OF ANIME , that was Stupid

GOD OF ANIME , that was enjoyable

I can't , i just can't accept that something this stupid and cliché , nonsensical and full of "?" is this fun to watch .. i really laughed while watching this.

THIS BETTER NOT FAIL to enter the charts , this must be a sucess. There wasn't one scene where something stupid wasn't in.

And i would never have imagined the "twist" with either the mom, the school , the student president, the jenga , the NASA and so on.

MAGNIFICENT

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso - 02

The subtle sent of NTR travels through the rays of light emitted by this episode and envelops my soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom