• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.
kaiji2-3-nose-nonose.png

Why do some anime lack noses :/

Narag

Men und Shermans

If you ever found yourself a little disappointed at how GuP made light of the horrors of war, have I got a movie for you! Also the brolust between Brad PItt and Shia was amazing and even though it's just Sunday, I'm declaring them my ship of the week.

Saudades

Finally made it to AnimeGaf! Been lurking for 2 years and finally got an university email to register. Ironically because of uni work I probably won't be able to post here as regularly as I want to
and I figure you guys don't want a daily reminder that Despera is dead anyway
I've got a lot of good anime recommendations from here over the years, many thanks for that. On that subject can you guys recommend me some sad/tearjerking anime? I'm kinda burnout on anime atm and want to be passionate again. I never cry watching anime but Millennium Actress was the one that got the closest to get me to. Gundam 0080, Texhnolyze and Tsuiokuhen were good gut-punches too.

Yotsuba is great.

I've got a lot of good anime recommendations from here over the years, many thanks for that. On that subject can you guys recommend me some sad/tearjerking anime? I'm kinda burnout on anime atm and want to be passionate again. I never cry watching anime but Millennium Actress was the one that got the closest to get me to. Gundam 0080, Texhnolyze and Tsuiokuhen were good gut-punches too.

You got a MAL list?

And I guess I'll be 'that' guy and recommend Kanon 2006 and Clannad.

Finally made it to AnimeGaf! Been lurking for 2 years and finally got an university email to register. Ironically because of uni work I probably won't be able to post here as regularly as I want to

No competition......Grave of the Fireflies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So who is who in GAF Art Online?

Kirito: firehawk12
Sinon: wonzo
???

Midonin

Grisaia 03

Of all the VN anime, this one feels the most visual novel-y in terms of how it frames itself. While Librarian is probably the closest in "content" (at least in the public perception), at times, especially with the SD gags, which I like, this one makes me feel like I'm sitting on autoplay through a portion of the story. The whole shark pouch bit was a lot of fun, and Amane is certainly bold. Yuuji was being a bit of a jerk about it, though. Michiru with the kitties was the best part of the episode, and further proof that Twintails are the greatest power this season, second only to magical girls.

Thankfully, Michiru is both!

gdgd Fairies 09

Hm... Reminds me of a GAF thread from a while ago...

Try to think of the most obscure hobby, make a Japanese candy house and a Super Mario house and it looks like they're showing off some fanmail drawings they got.

So who is who in GAF Art Online?

Kirito: firehawk12
Sinon: wonzo
???

Aina: CorvoSol

Okay, for those who don't know, I literally just looked up "Sword Art Online Raven" in Google and I found out that she's the leader of the "Raven's Gate" guild, I just thought it fit.

Saudades

If you can link the dodgy fetish that appears in both Sora No Woto and Elfin Lied you'll have you answer in this week's Depravity Quiz!
Pee fetish?
What do I win?
Edit: beaten

You got a MAL list?

And I guess I'll be 'that' guy and recommend Kanon 2006 and Clannad.
I got one but haven't updated that since forever. Just now added some stuff I'm watching from this season.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Saudades
Dunno about Kanon...the character designs from the screenshots I saw here kinda soured me. Saw Clannad years ago and I remember ep 18 of AS kinda got me, but still hated the ending.

No competition......Grave of the Fireflies.
I watched a bad quality version of it ages ago and it kinda ruined the experience for me. I might rewatch it later.

Ryuuroden

Watch Rainbow

Link Man

Banned

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day brought me to tears for a good 20 minutes.

Saudades

Anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day brought me to tears for a good 20 minutes.
Yeah it started out with promise and I like the theme of the story but then...I don't know. The sobfest at the end was more awkward than tear-inducing for me. I guess they tried too hard to make me cry and it backfired.
Kimi to natsu no owari shourai no yume
Ookina kibou wasurenai
Juu nen go no hachigatsu
Mata deaeru no wo shinjite
Saikou no omoide wo...
You know I still use this whenever I need to get a song stuck in my head out.
Watch Rainbow
This is a great suggestion. I'd also like to add Kaiba to that list; while it's very surreal, it has some pretty emotional scenes throughout it.
Oh that's the one with the main character who looks like that ace pilot from Yamato 2199. Yeah added. Kaiba too, my experience with Yuasa is kinda limited to just that one ep from Champloo. Thanks for suggesting.
3 months & 300 posts.
Ouch, a whole season? Hope I don't get banned before then. Thanks for letting me know.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Girlfriend (Betai) Episode 2:

Does the one called SD Burton still even post here, because yea, this seems t obe the yuri show of the season.

Hanayamata 10

Well, that sucks.

So it's a training camp episode, but nobody owns the typical summer home so they have to go to an onsen resort instead. And there's a long sequence after the credits, so make sure not to turn it off when the credits roll for this one :p

Psycho-Pass - 16

I. Can't. Stop. Watching. Gargh that
orange-haired-dude-whose-name-I-forgot-but-he-was-still-pretty-kool
just died! I can't handle it.

Edit:
Or did he? I assumed the chief hacked the Dominator to Elimination mode

Midonin

Girlfriend Beta 02

For fans of Sakura Tange's Engrish, this episode continues to deliver. That's also why I got a kick out of this part.

Also because the star of the episode was Nao Miyoshi, played by Mayayan. Her voice is pretty distinct, and a sleepy character like Nao is one I haven't really seen from her. The diet storyline of the episode wasn't too bad. I think stock plots are the order of the day here, because it's all about the girls. The slowest and most peaceful of Sunday's shows. Plus I'll watch almost any daily life/heartwarming anime. It's working for me.

phaze

Gunbuster & Diebuster.

phaze

F/SN:UBW 02

No Taiga, no "Senpai !" Sakura, almost no Ilya. Best episode yet.

Well it wasn't exactly the most riveting 20 minutes but Kirei's new atrocious haircut bothered me much more then the info dump. Half the reason I'm watching the show is making sense of just (F/Z spoilers)
what in the fuck happened at the end in the prequel.
So I will take every nugget of Grail info I can get. I don't think we ever learned in F/Z that the previous three Holy Grail Wars had no winner. (How does that work anyway ?) The lack of any info about previous war always bothered me so at least they're addressing it here.

Now that I think of it, I don't think Saber ( F/Z spoilers)
ever met Kirei in F/Z. But surely she heard his name thrown around ? You'd think she wouldn't leave Shirou with him alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom