• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall Anime 2014 lOTl Unlimited Tomino Works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarmel

Banned
Monster-12

I feel like this was a little too overdramatic and I wish Hartmann was a bit more grey instead of the nutjob that he is. I do like how they portrayed Tenma to an extent in this in that Tenma was willing to let Dieter stay with Hartmann if Dieter chose that option.

That said, this was still a really good episode and I loved the ferocity in Tenma's eyes.

Also how the fuck is this going to run 70+ episodes? This felt like near endgame type of information.

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's - Episodes 3-6

So I'm already halfway through this one.

It's pretty telling that this one's a lot better than the first season. It just seems to flow better and it has got me completely hooked.

Episodes 5-6 (especially 6) were the best of the bunch. We're now getting accustomed to the motivations for what the Belkans are doing and it all makes sense and although it does bother a lot of people by them doing what they're doing, they're not doing it for themselves but for someone less fortunate.

It's a bit like Master Asia's motivations in G Gundam although in that case but we didn't really know that one until pretty far in the series while in this one we're getting it slap bang in the middle of the series.

I feel that our Char Clone is going to be causing problems for both sides soon enough he may have some hidden intentions under that mask of his.

Oh, there's 8 episodes of Sailor Moon Crystal.

I don't think I can do this

Crystal isn't that good at all. I'll continue watching but only to get to the end at this point.

Akame ga Kill 16

Deathflags, deathflags everywhere. Awesome episode though.

It didnt bother me before but man the awful designs for the characters in this show is really awful. Najenda is wearing a business suit with fishnets inside and a giant green robot arm. Like WTF.

cajunator

Banned
I don't know why but I've never liked the way ufotable's animation looks. Everyone loves it and talk about how amazing shows like Fate/Zero looks but I kind of hate it and I can't pinpoint exactly why :$

The technicalities are there, the effort is visible and the detail is high but something about it. I guess I'm just high on the old stuff. Stock footage and bad animation seem to be fine with me. Don't know what it is, but it stops me from watching new stuff. I just flat out refuse to watch a lot of the new stuff but eat old shit up with ease. It doesn't have anything necessarily to do with release date either, I watched and enjoyed LWA and KLK for what it was...so I don't know. I guess it's just the general aesthetics of news stuff. I notice that most of the stuff I watch have Mechs in them of some kind :p I don't know what's wrong with me!

I agree. Ufotable shows lately do have an extremely cold digital look to them. On one hand very clean, but on the other hand it loses a lot of character that way.

Sword Art Online II - 15

Not even Klein can save this dull episode full of clunky exposition. It's amazing how bad this show is at basic elements of fiction. First we get yet another narration-filled flashback to something we probably should have witnessed in the original series, and then the last third of the episode is swallowed up by an infodump from an NPC featuring lifeless storyboarding and almost no animation.

Lisbest sighting!

Twintails has more to say about otaku culture than most shows in recent years, this is truly the AotS:

Thats what Ive said all along!

All downhill from the 80s which was downhill from the 70s.

Except that Haibane Renmei and Kinos Journey came out early 00's so it went decidedly uphill for a time!

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's - Episodes 3-6

So I'm already halfway through this one.

It's pretty telling that this one's a lot better than the first season. It just seems to flow better and it has got me completely hooked.

Episodes 5-6 (especially 6) were the best of the bunch. We're now getting accustomed to the motivations for what the Belkans are doing and it all makes sense and although it does bother a lot of people by them doing what they're doing, they're not doing it for themselves but for someone less fortunate.

It's a bit like Master Asia's motivations in G Gundam although in that case but we didn't really know that one until pretty far in the series while in this one we're getting it slap bang in the middle of the series.

I feel that our Char Clone is going to be causing problems for both sides soon enough he may have some hidden intentions under that mask of his.

I wouldn't say that Master Asia's motivations in G Gundam we're quite similar to what's going on in Nanoha A's, but I can see where you're coming from.

In G Gundam
Master Asia was working with the Devil Gundam because he believed that humanity was destroying the Earth and that they needed to be removed so nature could be in balance again, when in reality he had it backwards and that humanity was a part of nature in of itself as well.

In A's,
it's on a much smaller scale, in a sense. The Knights are filling the pages of the Book of Darkness because they believe that it will save Hayate's life, not understanding the real damage the book can do.

I guess in a sense, they're somewhat similar, but I don't know. What I do know is soon things are really going to be heating up again! Keep going!

Celestial Method - 3

This show isn't gonna stop alluding to the fact that if the saucer goes away, Noel does too, isn't it?

I mean, they
blurted it out that Noel IS the saucer, and not that she came from it in this episode. And for some reason it's got something to do with Nonoka's memories being all jumbled and whatnot.

Calling it now. Once the group gets all their memories in one piece and re-ignite their friendship again, Noel will have to go bye-bye because of reasons.

Then she'll drop this line:

"Don't cry Nonoka! So long as you promise to remain friends, and if you believe in the saucer hard enough, I'm sure we'll meet again!" END OF SHOW.

I will go back to this post once this show finishes airing and see how spot-on I am then.

Teremap

Banned
Log Horizon 03
RAIDS.

I do wish the show had a bigger budget, however. The low budget was painfully apparent throughout the whole thing.

Fate/stay night UBW 02
Not much to say here. A fairly informative setup episode. What's most exciting is Illya's appearance at the very end. I expect the fight in the following episode to blow minds. Don't let me down, Ufotable!

Grisaia 03
Repeat after me! "Amane Suou is a bitch in heat! Who squirms around in guys' beds! Good for you! Good For me!"

This guy is already in my list of best protagonists ever. He single-handedly carries this show. Bloody beautiful.

Denki-Gai 03
Man, this is one relaxing series. I really enjoyed seeing just how close they are to one another (as well as their obliviousness to the fact that they're practically already paired). I smiled a lot during this.

I'm beginning to wonder if I'm easy to please, or if this season is just being good to me for once.

Japarican

Banned
Simpsons just did this
tumblr_ndpxa2fvEK1r86w5ao1_1280.png

Zoro (One Piece), Rangiku Matsumoto (Bleach), Naruto (Naruto), Pikachu (Pokemon), Mikasa Ackerman (AoT), Spirit Away Dragon

Vanadis - 03

A big part of this franchise ( it's even more obvious in the books ) is the tactical part of the war , i'm actually quite happy to see that not only they are adapting this part but are also giving the time necessary for each battle to have their steps correctly explained.

I'm very happy that they are doing this , even if the result in 3D custom chess pieces to show the battlefield. What's cool here that it works.

Madan%20no%20Ou%20to%20Vanadis%20-%2003.jpg

Here it is , all out attack ! Wait ....wrong anime.

The episode wasn't bad to look at , the cg was obvious to the eye , but i don't mind since it's a necessary evil.
My complains about the pacing arenow null and void and i'm quite happy to see that i was wrong about this adaptation. Feels good to be wrong , really.

I clearly raised an eyebrow when our maid-chan declared that she wouldn't lose. She isn't supposed to be open about her aspirations until book 4 at least , i guess it's to put her in a better place for the anime , but still it's not good to change things.

I guess i liked this episode.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Akame ga Kill 16
Pretty cool fight overall though a bunch of deathflags.
What're some of the ones people spotted? I didn't notice any that were too blatant. Well besides the "when weapon-wielders duel, at least 1 dies" thing they made abundantly clear in the beginning, which is just a perma-death flag.

The World is Still Beautiful 5:
"So hey, I know you tried to assassinate me and all, but we're cool, right?"

I don't think this is how politics works. Some of the moving from location to location in the first half of the episode was also really unclear. I don't know how all of that joined together. But really, just about every aspect of this government system makes no sense.

JoeFu

Banned

I don't think this is how politics works. Some of the moving from location to location in the first half of the episode was also really unclear. I don't know how all of that joined together. But really, just about every aspect of this government system makes no sense.

I remember trying to give that show a shot. I dropped midway I think, was just so dumb especially when the dudes cousin or something shows up.

What're some of the ones people spotted? I didn't notice any that were too blatant. Well besides the "when weapon-wielders duel, at least 1 dies" thing they made abundantly clear in the beginning, which is just a perma-death flag.
I just can't see the death flag in akame ga kill , there are just too many of them ( not only in this ep, but on the story itself ) everything is lost in the big noise

yeah but , the world is beautifull , so ....screw politics and let her sing .

----------------
Ushinawareta mirai wo Motomete - 03

If that sprained ankle was all it took to change the future, we wouldn't have an anime. i can't shake the feelign that we're headed toward yet another bad end, but it seems that at least that item will be usefull in the future routes.

Other than that it's alright , but there are a lot of curve balls left and right that it's kinda hard to see what to expect from the rest of this show.

zulux21

I'm going to spoiler it for the heck of it, and I want to make it clear I have not read the manga beyond where the anime currently is (in fact i am a few chapters behind compared to the anime right now) and thus have no information and am not spoiling anything.
Wire guy is going down hard and soon. (backstory + gotta admit my love after this battle... might as well start carving his tombstone)
beast girl may be going down. (she keeps taking damage, though we have seen people get fake arms so this may just be a fake out)
flame guy is going to be going down. (we know enough about him to have minor feels for his family... beyond that one of the people in the battle needs to die by the semi rules of the series, and it won't be akame or the main character

to be fair beast girl and flame guy might already be dead/dying from the events at the end of episode 16... flame guy as it may have been a suicide attack, and beast girl protecting akame.

Erigu

Boo, not real answer :(
I really didn't know what to answer, sorry... Not just because I suck at listing my favorite works (really depends on my current mood), but also because I can't think of many titles I'd call "mystery series" at the moment, actually...

Stray Bullet comic by David Lapham had some really good stuff for something recent.
I feel bad for not reciprocating, but noted!

Tiger & Bunny 11

So If Barnaby is Batman then Jake and Kerim are the Joker and Harley Quinn respectively. Sorry
Hans you don't fit in so that's why you're done for.

Jarmel

Banned
Monster-14
Oh man. Tenma is fucked. Nothing's worse than a True Dick and a vengeful woman, whose sole goal in life is to ruin your own, are chasing after your ass. The workaholic cop isn't anything new but I do find it fascinating how absolutely emotionless he is about everything.

The real highlight this episode was Eva though. The gardener dodged one hell of a bullet. Dude was stupid as fuck though thinking that any relationship with Eva would be even remotely functional. Dick over mind I guess.

I am enjoying her suffering so I guess I'm looking forward to more of Eva in the future.

Gazoinks

Monster-14

Oh man. Tenma is fucked. Nothing's worse than a True Dick and a vengeful woman, whose sole goal in life is to ruin your own, are chasing after your ass. The workaholic cop isn't anything new but I do find it fascinating how absolutely emotionless he is about everything.

The real highlight this episode was Eva though. The gardener dodged one hell of a bullet. Dude was stupid as fuck though thinking that any relationship with Eva would be even remotely functional. Dick over mind I guess.

I am enjoying her suffering so I guess I'm looking forward to more of Eva in the future.
Monster: Tenma is Fucked

L/Runge is a really interesting character, I'm curious what you'll think of him as the series goes on.

Amagi brillant park - 03

Hum...
Stop using those pain bullet as some sort of punchline.

You'renot planning on going with all the episodes with only this are you?

zulux21

wolf girl 2 and 3

I'm torn, I don't mind the characters, but I absolutely detest most of the relationships in this show. Likely because in general I don't like lies being the basis of friendships and it's not a great relationship basis either...

I will likely give it a few more eps, but I have a feeling that the lies won't go away from any of the relationships any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom