• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san Creator Denies 2nd Season
Yondemasu yo, Azazel-san manga creator Yasuhisa Kubo denied the reports of a second television anime season on Sunday. He specifically said there are no plans for a second season "as of now," although he added that this year's 23rd issue of Kodansha's Evening magazine will have an announcement on Tuesday.
Either Yasuhisa Kubo doesn't understand how early magazine leaks work, or there's something else weird going on here.

False alarm, some otaku blog found a tweet from Kubo that he posted just before the magazine scans leaked, so this particular story is basically an anime new version of being Kotaku'd. We're definitely getting Azazel S2, end of story.

Ultimadrago

But then again, I'm a big fan of Aim for the Ace, and that's mostly because of its batshit-craziness (and its awesome OP/ED), so what do I know. :p

Nothing wrong with liking Aim for the Ace (and in addition to that, Dear Brother).
They both host anime melodrama at some of its most entertaining peaks.

That said, I pretty much want every sports show to be like Friday Night Lights (and that's something I never thought I would have said a year ago if only because I avoided that show like the plague), so that's where I'm coming from anyhow.

As long as the Landry Clarke of those shows don't do what Landry Clarke of Friday Night Lights did
in season 2
!

CorvoSol

So I said I hated Flay Allster most of all characters in any Anime ever, but Lacus Clyne's Haro is a very close contender. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU JUST SAY STUPID SHIT DURING WHAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE A SERIOUS MOMENT HARO, GO AWAY.

And Lacus' ten years old voice is the greatest source of amusement I will get in Gundam SEED already. Freaking LAWL. The voice acting is okay, but I may switch over to the Japanese version just so I can see whether or not it sounds as weird. No, Sai, that's not just genetic engineering. That's some Disney Magic going on.

And seriously, Lacus feels out of place. Like, here I am in Gundam, and Lacus is definitely a Disney Princess and not a Gundam Princess. C'mon Lacus, stop being a perfect little angel and do something wacky like Relena would! I'm betting Cagalli turns out to be the actual Gundam Princess.

Oh, and I'm up to Asuka's first appearance in Evangelion. No idea why anyone would like Rei over her.

cajunator

Banned
R6C1P.png

NFL wit dat incest.
Just like animu!

wonzo

Banned

Ultimadrago

that character was sooooo over the top

Hiruma is a pretty extreme guy to the point of ridiculous. I still have fun with his character though, as he consistently gives plays that makes his teammates want to cry.
Plus, Eyeshield 21 is over-the-top with the game overall. They just have some characters to fit the mold.

SWORD ARTS OFFLINE -01

So this is were they will add the details they couldn't put into the show itself
it's was enjoyable but wasn't informative for me since i've know the novels ..i guess everyone should watch them as they are out as they'll probably explain what some of the viewers might think as plot holes ( when they aren't ).
cVts7l.jpg

Klein being desesperate ..

Uchip

Banned
Hiruma is a pretty extreme guy to the point of ridiculous. I still have fun with his character though, as he consistently gives plays that makes his teammates want to cry.
Plus, Eyeshield 21 is over-the-top with the game overall. They just have some characters to fit the mold.

its a pity that eyeshield himself is really bland

Ultimadrago

Eyeshield 21 is over the top in the best possible way. I love the characters in that series so much.

One of the only sports series where I appreciate a good amount of the rivals as much as the main team.
There are some really great, fun opposing characters in terms of "Crazy Shounen Power" and personality.

its a pity that eyeshield himself is really bland

Yeaaah.

"Loser that finds his gift and must tune it and grow stronger" is Sena's archetypal space.
Yet, I find the surrounding cast (as limited as their characterizing traits are) compliment his shortcomings/flaws sufficiently.

Or at least well enough to keep me from throwing something every time he feels sorry for himself in the presence of a stronger opponent.
I don't despise the kid, but he could have benefited from a much more interesting personality.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
http://i.imgur.com/R6C1P.png

NFL wit dat incest.
Just like animu!
I thought they fixed ties in the NFL or something? Whatever happened to using the superior College Football OT rules?

Nothing wrong with liking Aim for the Ace (and in addition to that, Dear Brother).
They both host anime melodrama at some of its most entertaining peaks.
I suppose. I guess even FNL had its moments...

As long as the Landry Clarke of those shows don't do what Landry Clarke of Friday Night Lights did
in season 2
!
Speaking of which, season 2 never happened. lol

Medaka Box Abnormal 5

KILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILLKILL
ZENKICHIZENKICHIZENKICHIZENKICHI

Great episode. Exactly what I wanted out of the Munakata fight.

GHhV8.jpg

Is that a blade protruding from a gatling gun?

You know I never noticed this before, but Munakata's Abnormality is more like a Minus. I mean
an urge to kill people to the point of driving them away is a pretty negative existence that pretty much defines what the Minuses are all about.

By the way, this show has a great OST.

Next week is Naze Box!

[Cross Game] - 33

The one thing I will give a lot of praise to is the pacing - this show never drags. Most things are resolved extremely quickly, some matches are over in a couple of minutes where as others might go as far to be two whole episodes - either way they're handled very nicely. I mean, you could probably trim out some of the repetition, the 'fat', if you will, and have an even leaner and more pointed story. Perhaps if you were to do that you could cut out this whole Akane arc because, er, I'm still kind of bothered by it. It's like Adachi was watching some bad J-drama and decided that he really needed to bring in some totally outrageous plot element to keep everything fresh. I really could have done without it.

Don't know if you're a manga reader, but I think the manga is much superior to the anime in this case. Adachi's style just doesn't really translate. I've only watched the first few episodes of the anime, but the experience was very off-putting. I read the Akane arc as necessary in that it was a reminder of Wakaba, and she was the reason why Aoba/Koh ended up together.

And cross game with goofy anime faces? That's just wrong.

Uchip

Banned
Magi 06
were those camels making the imp noise from Doom? lol
sounds like the exact same sound clip

I should be used to this in anime by now but watching a scrawny young girl beat the crap out of everyone and everything just seems silly, but apparently there is a reason so ill find out why eventually :|

Maedhros

Magi 06
were those camels making the imp noise from Doom? lol
sounds like the exact same sound clip

I should be used to this in anime by now but watching a scrawny young girl beat the crap out of everyone and everything just seems silly, but apparently there is a reason so ill find out why eventually :|

Maybe you should rewatch the episode where they explain that she's from a tribe of fighters/warriors with great abilities and power.

From the New World 4:
Well, that was a much more intense episode than the previous three, and things take more shape here. There's a lot of interesting information conveyed here, and while the first half of the episode is definitely an info dump, I think the show handled it in just the right way. Seeing how the characters were reacting to their world getting torn apart, and hearing the way that
the voice changed and faded in and out while focusing on Saki's expression when things were getting darker
really added to the experience, and kept it from feeling too much like an info dump. I think that focusing less on the information and more on how that information resonated with the characters really helped it feel special.

Beyond that, I also thought that the scene near the end where
the monster rats get annihilated
was a very emotional scene that was executed well. Once again, the sound and the way Saki was processing everything heightened the surrounding material. I'm really intrigued to see where the story goes from here, because I don't really have a strong idea of exactly what will happen next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom