• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Seems AnimeGAF is feeling the Monday blues.

Picture the Jets. They're already feeling down every monday after getting their asses handed to them during Sunday nights... And then suddenly they realize they have no mascot.

That's how we're feeling right now.

Narag

Picture the Jets. They're already feeling down every monday after getting their asses handed to them during Sunday nights... And then suddenly they realize they have no mascot.

That's how we're feeling right now.

Darkside can you confirm the accuracy of this?

Girls und Panzer - 3

Das Ministerium für Unterhaltung informiert:

1350930577877kyjth.jpg

Girls und Panzer is panzer as fuck.
http://youtu.be/ahPCbqdwFUU

- Tank battle
- the crew is complete

and next week is the big battle against Team Tea/UK.

survivor

Banned
My Little Monster 4

I swear sometimes I feel like Haru belongs more to the Chuunibyou anime than here.

Anyway
glasses girl didn't get much screentime and from the next episode's title it doesn't look like she will either.
I'm really liking Natsume's outgoing cheery personality more than Shizuku and this episode gave more evidence why Natsume is even better. Although Shizuku's courage is a bit refreshing.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 04

Fun episode. A little bit of shoujo 101 with everyone suddenly realizing he's hot and being popular.

Adaptation is still great. We went through the latter 2/3rds of chapter five and all of chapter six, so I would say the anime is going at a great pace. They are also choosing good scenes to focus more on and skipping some events or shifting the locations of them in order to make it flow more and probably spend less time running back and forth.

Still my favorite anime of the season.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Minami-ke OVA
TigQDl.jpg

Oh yeah, I forgot there was a
boy in drag
. lol

Kind of weird to get back into the antics again. The middle sister feels a lot more "straight-man"-ish than I remember her being anyway.

Emitan

My Little Monster 4

Anime of the season, folks. Cute, funny, great relationships, and moé miss Natsume.
Felt awful when Shizuku was feeling jealous. I'm a pretty jealous girl so I know how it feels.

Reknoc

Pokemon Best Wishes 5

I have no idea where I originally left off when I first started watching, but the first gym battle was probably round about there. Ash is the worst, but at least he gets to show how Oshawott is the best pokemon by having it beat a grass type.

Grzi

Code Breaker - 03

Yeah, still as fun and stupid as before. I really need some quality action soon though, I really hope it happens in the next few episodes.

Pokemon B/W Rival Destinies 36

So, I guess she does have freckles, Ultimadrago.

Part two of the gym battle! First half was pretty good. Always nice to see the Pokemon Ash doesn't normally use, Pignite actually getting a win for once and Gunk Shot which is basically tossing a superpowered trash bag.

jman2050

My Little Monster 4

Despite Regulus's betrayal I do admit Shizuku is an awfully tempting alternative. Still best girl of season (year?)

Also Haru's character has just gotten better with each episode.

Jex

I just feel like science fiction gets hung up on this stuff so much. In Aria, at no point do they ever really explain why Venice has to be moved to Mars. They'll take time to explain how gravity and the weather is maintained, but even that's wrapped in a way that works both as thematic development and character development. Sora no Woto has a mythology as well, with competing religions and a post-apocalyptic society with a lost history - but again, the only time we get mythology is when it's directly tied to the characters. Aliens invade Earth at some point and for some reason, they leave. There's nothing gained by having the characters or the audience learn about this alien invasion - just that it happened and left Earth in a ruined state. Why isn't that enough?

I was going to write out some more rebuttal to your comments above but I can see that you and hosannainexcelsis already had a pretty thorough discussion of this matter. I don't think I have anything else to add beyond what's been argued by you two, so I just wanted to note that I had read your carefully worded response.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree in this case.

jbug617

Banned
My Little Monster 4

Haru helping out the troubled once again and goes overboard. I wonder if we will see more of the
glasses girl
. Also I think the reason Haru doesn't like his brother, it's that he is the favorite of the family and Haru is the black sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom