• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
I forgot to discuss the best part of [Code:Breaker]-3, this scene:

Ladies and gentleman, I present our hero.

And this is why I dropped the show after the first episode. Dude is an evil douche, and I guarantee you the girl is going to keep going back to him, make excuses or whatever because, you know, he's the alpha male lead or whatever. I can't stand shows with this dynamic.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Who is the Lu Bu of this story?

Hmmm.. maaaybe Solune? 'Cause the jerk pops in and out and never stays! The traitor! ;_;

Or maybe we can make Solune be Sun Shangxiang, and offer him to ManGAF to improve relations. LOL

Jex

And this is why I dropped the show after the first episode. Dude is an evil douche, and I guarantee you the girl is going to keep going back to him, make excuses or whatever because, you know, he's the alpha male lead or whatever. I can't stand shows with this dynamic.

Ogami isn't really an alpha male concerned with his position in the pack. He's a fucking psychopath who murders everything.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Upotte 11 a.k.a. the one with advertised tittalage

Mjhy8.jpg

Stripping down weapons can be a right pain in the arse. Take the L98 for example. You have a little catch at the back that you have to undo and if you don't know what you are doing it can be rather tricky to pull out, so you can end up fumbling about, but once you've done that it all flops out rather easily. Then you take the parts in your hand and run them with oil. However, the key point I want to get across is that in terms of timing, you spend more time with the fully stripped weapon than you spend actually stripping it. Upotte 11 advertised itself as taking away all the hassle of stripping down weapons and just presenting you with the good and being ready for a good rub down.

However, Upotte ends up being the complete opposite. The fumbling around takes an age and the cleaning process is over before you know it. Like I said, the moment the catch is released it all comes out in a second, but then they feel they and the audience have already been serviced enough (by bum shots) so it's back on with the clothes after two seconds. Now I'm not one to say that anime needs more fanservice, but they did make a big kerfuffle over this episode so you'd think they'd deliver on the one thing they set out to do. Maybe this is a deep message about life in the army. You're promised guns and shooting, but you end up with learning drill and making sure your barracks are completely spick and span. But instead the promise is tits and the reality is an old man in a traffic jam.

It would have been better if they just went the usual slightly risqué stuff from the other episodes and forgot about shoving in the tiniest bit of nudity. It wasn't even good servicing. I mean, for one, it lacked oil and that can only lead to blockages. As for the rest of the episode it was typical Upotte except with less gun jokes. I feel sorry for those who were on the edge of their seats waiting for this episode. Cock blocked.

RurouniZel

Ogami isn't really an alpha male concerned with his position in the pack. He's a fucking psychopath who murders everything.

True, I guess I just misappropriated the term because he's depicted as being "strong" in the sense that he easy decimates his foes. Either way, he's not a character I like, and I can't stand how the female leads in stories like this always keep trying to win them over, despite being ignored or abused or both. It's just really pathetic.

Jex

True, I guess I just misappropriated the term because he's depicted as being "strong" in the sense that he easy decimates his foes. Either way, he's not a character I like, and I can't stand how the female leads in stories like this always keep trying to win them over, despite being ignored or abused or both. It's just really pathetic.

On the plus side I can't imagine he has that many real-world fangirls. At least, I hope not.

Yep, and it only gets worse. (Manga spoilers of an upcoming event that may be cut out of the anime)
He kills a guy that was harvesting organs in front of his wheelchair bound daughter. Yes, the guy did some terrible things, but Ogami didn't have to do it in front of his fuckin daughter who can't be more than 7 years old while she flails around in her wheelchair trying to stop him. It's kind of played off as a way to give her a will to live so she can kill the guy when she grows up, but a friggin Kill Bill motivation isn't going to cure a disease that made you born with paraplegia!

And guess what Sakura does afterwards? Absolutely nothing! She still tags along as a stupid fuckin morality pet despite being so against everything he does. What makes this worse is
she has the ability to stop him.

See, if the portrayal reflected that, I wouldn't be so hard on the series. A lot of times, it's played off as "he's doing it because he cares", which is bullshit if you ask me. The fact he becomes a tsundere yet continues to do this shit is only more aggravating. He isn't treated by the story as a Light Yagami, he's treated as a Kenshin despite still murdering in cold blood.

On the plus side I can't imagine he has that many real-world fangirls. At least, I hope not.

You'd be very wrong.

Reknoc

Code:Breaker 3

Return of the dog. I wondered how they could top the dog in episode 1 and Sakura Sakurasakura's mum in episode 2... turned out they couldn't.

evilevilevilogamiogamiogami

RurouniZel

Yep, and it only gets worse. (Manga spoilers of an upcoming event that may be cut out of the anime)
He kills a guy that was harvesting organs in front of his wheelchair bound daughter. Yes, the guy did some terrible things, but Ogami didn't have to do it in front of his fuckin daughter who can't be more than 7 years old while she flails around in her wheelchair trying to stop him. It's kind of played off as a way to give her a will to live so she can kill the guy when she grows up, but a friggin Kill Bill motivation isn't going to cure a disease that made you born with paraplegia!

And guess what Sakura does afterwards? Absolutely nothing! She still tags along as a stupid fuckin morality pet despite being so against everything he does. What makes this worse is
she has the ability to stop him.

Looks like I was completely right on this one. Not surprised.

yami4ct

Been super busy this past few days, but I have gotten a chance to check out JoJo 3, Hunter x Hunter 52 and Shinsekai 4.

Shinsekai

Oh boy, this was a good one. A very info-dump heavy episode, but done in a nice, in-universe fashion. The main conflict is finally starting to build. It's now fairly easy to have an idea of what the consequences of our characters actions are. It's a bit sad that a lot of the mystery of the world has now been explained, but I assume there's still a lot more good things to come.

JoJo

Topped even my expectations. The style of this episode was better than even the first two. The fights were expertly choreographed. It suffers a little from the "Oh, this character just happens to show up right now" syndrome, but it doesn't detract much. Also,
Vampire
Dio is even more fabulous than before. How is that even possible?

Hunter x Hunter

Well it was nearly impossible to top last week, we still got a ton of good stuff this week. Chrollo is finally making his move. We're getting fights that have been built to for quite some time. Knowing what's coming is making me just super excited to see the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom