• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Cream Lemon: Pop Chaser
RsZeCl.png
First things first: The western sci-fi setting is really unlike anything I've watching in this genre before. It puts into perspective the limited mindset of current adult anime producers. I was thoroughly entertained from the first minute just because of the originality of the work.

Not much to say regarding characterisation, of course. It's a twenty minute work with about half its runtime devoted to depicting hot intercourse, and the latter half of it also makes very upsetting depictions of serious non-funny stuff like rape and pillaging. The thing that surprised me here was the amount of detail going on: without going into too much detail, it didn't focus on just one aspect of the act (in recent years that would be the penetration itself). The camerawork during the RioXMai scene was simply phenomenal. It entices the viewer to follow the scene for its erotic merit and not just focus on the self-pleasuring aspect of it (I'M NOT ADMITTING TO ANYTHING). I wish I had a gif of the less racy portions of it (yeah right), but that would get me banned so no.

The soundtrack was great. So eighties, so many guitar riffs, so much keyboard and shit. It set the mood for the comedic aspects of the work too. I burst out laughing when Rio woke up and the entire saloon ended up exploding like nothing. The zip-zagging of the erotic and the silly is what makes the second half shine, not to mention the beautiful mecha sakuga during the raid scene.

Hot in more senses than just the obvious one. It is still pretty trashy, but you can't deny it is pretty trashy sakuga. They really don't make them like they used to. Four out of five schoolgirl panties

P.S. I just came to know that Hideaki Anno had key animation duties during this episode. No wonder those explosions looked familiar.
Be sure to watch Escalation as well.
The Escalation episodes are seminal developments in the boarding school yuri subgenre.
Duly noted, gentlemen!

trejo

Bouken no Jikan S5 1-2

It was a pretty neat resolution to that little cliffhanger. As expected, the only way to save
all life in the universe from extinction
is by broing it up with some cosmic entities.

I have to agree with Jeiku and say that
alternate timeline
Finu is one ugly dude.

Jarmel

Banned
SAO 20-

GOD DAMN! That sakuga during that fight. Holy shit we finally got a single good fight in this show. Finally! This is what I've been waiting for. That was some truly top notch animation. That said, the rest of the episode sucked.

Ginga E Kickoff 27
tumblr_mdmzya4S4m1ropw9wo1_500.png

Jinsei! wa ha ha! I think the line made me laugh more than it even intended too. I kind of wish they took the Area no Kishi route for beach soccer but I guess the beach was still alright. So many good scenes with the various triplets and then 'Gon.'

Cant wait for the real match next episode, lets kickoff to Spain, hopefully

CorvoSol

You don't need to watch Death and Rebirth if you watched the socalled "director's cuts" of the TV series. Just watch End of Evangelion (even if it is vastly inferior, etc etc).

I don't know if I did or not. The last two episodes ended with penguins clapping and stuff. Is that the director's cut?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know if I did or not. The last two episodes ended with penguins clapping and stuff. Is that the director's cut?
Hrm. I guess the director's cut versions of the last three episodes are longer than the previous episodes? I'm sure someone else knows the answer.

Soma

Cream Lemon: Pop Chaser
Hot in more senses than just the obvious one. It is still pretty trashy, but you can't deny it is pretty trashy sakuga. They really don't make them like they used to. Four out of five schoolgirl panties

P.S. I just came to know that Hideaki Anno had key animation duties during this episode. No wonder those explosions looked familiar.

*adds to backlog*

+1

Medaka Box Abnormal - 06

A-Are there stitches anywhere on the internet of dat body? N-Not that I care or anything...

Dis body?

Quick and dirty stitch, not sure if there's a better one out there.

Bouken no Jikan S5 1-2

It was a pretty neat resolution to that little cliffhanger. As expected, the only way to save
all life in the universe from extinction
is by broing it up with some cosmic entities.

I have to agree with Jeiku and say that
alternate timeline
Finu is one ugly dude.

I like you.

Cwarrior

One Piece Film Z trailer!

Looks awesome and possibly semi-canon, moreso than Strong World. I see Aokiji and Kizaru, so there's potential there for some nice animated fights.

Seriously though, why Avril Lavigne?

Slightly better youtube link

the Avril Lavigne stuff don't matter it's only going to play in the end credits like all the other bands that done songs for the other op movies, funny thing is no one would be making anything out if it had it been crappy j-pop music, but still should of got usher.

who is Z supposed to be? do we know?

Am guessing an ex-admiral am certain he is, he might have some history with the other admirals.

Excited hobokoji & Don kizaru are in.

tumblr_mdmwhnAkHo1rnoltyo7_250.gif

hobokoji new design is pretty cool.

Little Busters 7
tumblr_mdnk5dHxou1rx1dfqo2_500.gif

Finally back to the usual and it was fairly enjoyable. I think I found why I dislike most of the female characters in this, they all have awful voices (well not the typical anime character type of the disciplinary president and the other sturdy girl on their team already). Kimari sounded annoying and the one here was just as bad. I cant wait for a dub though.

Anyway fun fun fun, and poor Masato, but he looked good in that part. Kyousuke gave me lots of laughs.

Why would one join a maintenance club? With clubs like these I would definitely be on the gohomers club just like in hs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom