• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

According to Twitter posts from Girls und Panzer director Tsutomu Mizushima, he noticed that some animators of Girls und Panzer have been struggling to show pantsu of the characters although Mizushima had promised that there would be no pantsu shown in the anime. He said he will enforce the discipline of the staff to suppress the "resistance", but he would like to praise the courage if someone manages to insert pantsu scenes.
What.

Syrinx

Ah! My Goddess 14

Is there a "Pro-Skuld, Anti-Skuld" comic out there somewhere?

Skuld actually grew on me as the episode went on
course the point in which this happened was coincidentally around the time the Jameson started kicking in
Anyway, robot battles are cool. However,
Megumi did win, right? I mean, both robots were destroyed, but her robot CLEARLY collected more barrels beforehand, which was the whole fucking point. Also, did Skuld really taze Megumi at the end? Shit that kid's hardcore.

The Belldandy/Skuld moments in this episode were ultimate hhhnnnnnggghhhh material. Now I know what that phrase truly means.

I feel like the amount of SAO posts every saturday decreases every week. This makes me sad....

Post fatigue? people grow tired of saying the same thing? other anime to discuss, etc etc etc? Many were called but few were willing to keep going.
tumblr_mciur2DaE41raqpa3o1_500.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Sword Art Online 20

First half was pretty good.

Second half was pretty SAO.

lmfao

Next episode's called "The Truth of ALfheim". Finally they'll tell us about the game being just one big Kirito harem experiment, in which even the male players are actually hawt females IRL.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ah! My Goddess 14

Is there a "Pro-Skuld, Anti-Skuld" comic out there somewhere?

Skuld actually grew on me as the episode went on
course the point in which this happened was coincidentally around the time the Jameson started kicking in
Anyway, robot battles are cool. However,
Megumi did win, right? I mean, both robots were destroyed, but her robot CLEARLY collected more barrels beforehand, which was the whole fucking point. Also, did Skuld really taze Megumi at the end? Shit that kid's hardcore.

The Belldandy/Skuld moments in this episode were ultimate hhhnnnnnggghhhh material. Now I know what that phrase truly means.

Considering everything exploded I think it was a tie. Skuld's dub voice makes me want to punch a baby.

Defuser

Sword Art Online 20

Next episode's called "The Truth of ALfheim". Finally they'll tell us about the game being just one big Kirito harem experiment, in which even the male players are actually hawt females IRL.
Or rather that delicious revealatiom tears incoming.

Syrinx

Considering everything exploded I think it was a tie. Skuld's dub voice makes me want to punch a baby.

Wouldn't say it wants to make me punch babies, but it's definitely the weakest in the show so far, especially when compared to the other goddesses. I guess I should take this opportunity to say that though her voice can be annoying, I think her character juxtaposes with Urd's very well. Maybe because I have to think about her less when Urd has her sexy voice going.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Psycho Pass 01-05

Don't really have much to say about this show other than the fact that it is totally awesome. My 3rd favorite show of the season after Chuu and Tonari.

Is this a 2 cour show?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wouldn't say it wants to make me punch babies, but it's definitely the weakest in the show so far, especially when compared to the other goddesses. I guess I should take this opportunity to say that though her voice can be annoying, I think her character juxtaposes with Urd's very well. Maybe because I have to think about her less when Urd has her sexy voice going.

You're right about how she plays off of Urd and the annoying ass voice helps with that. It doesn't hurt that Urd was the best character. Skuld has a nice little character arc in season 2 that is kind of fun, but most of the major story arcs seem to revolve around Urd.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Looks like I have another show I should be watching?

This is nothing but girls and tanks correct? No males to ruin this battlefield of maidens?

Ladies and powerful war machinery only, yup.

Oh, and there's also some glory in it.

Maedhros

Code:Breaker 06

OGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMIOGAMI

GODDAMIT, SHUT THE FUCK UP SAKURAKOUJI SAKURA!

trejo

Psycho Pass 6

Fuck yeah Urobuchi you magnificent bastard. Now that the overarching narrative has been set we can really start cooking. Should be fun times ahead.

Still though, why is Akane even in this show? Talk about a worthless protagonist. This shit should be all Shinya all the time. Everyone else save for the old man can suck it.

Mandoric

Banned
Finally finished watching the whole panel. It's pretty great stuff, but it makes me wonder if anime suffers from a similar disease as videogames regarding animators (programmers) taking on scripting duties. It would explain the nearly universal bad writing in anime to me.

Yes and no. Directors usually work up from the animator ranks, and have some impact on plot content, but it's extremely rare not to have a career screenwriter on the project, and fairly uncommon not to be adapting material mostly word-for-word.

The writing weakness basically comes from the harsh reality that what's being adapted is 95% juvenile fiction, and 80% or so written with weekly or monthly chapter deadlines.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
1up decided to do an Evangelion podcast in celebration of Eva 3.0:
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3182486

Also, on the ANNCast, the Rightstuf dude said they were "looking at" the Utena blurays in terms of future release plans. Which is code for "not in a million years", since he goes on to mention how BD pressing is still extremely expensive.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Yes and no. Directors usually work up from the animator ranks, and have some impact on plot content, but it's extremely rare not to have a career screenwriter on the project, and fairly uncommon not to be adapting material mostly word-for-word.

The writing weakness basically comes from the harsh reality that what's being adapted is 95% juvenile fiction, and 80% or so written with weekly or monthly chapter deadlines.
Thanks for the clarification. Who says I don't learn anything from Japanese cartoons?
But is it any good? Or is it just gonna be another one of those "lol Evangelion is not as good as they say" podcasts?
Also, on the ANNCast, the Rightstuf dude said they were "looking at" the Utena blurays in terms of future release plans. Which is code for "not in a million years", since he goes on to mention how BD pressing is still extremely expensive.
Well, at least now I don't feel bad about buying Utena in DVD.

They cant just raise cost on BD's and release more BDs. I think people are willing to pay for better quality of their coveted series.

wonzo

Banned
Folktales from Japan 34

Once upon a time, the moral story "money's only worth something when used" was told for the nth time, the sunglasses from They Live started out as a wolf's eyebrow, and DOKKOISHO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom