• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Why would a sky waterfall do that? Can you only handle that stuff when it's in anime or video games?

Well, I haven't played the games that feature them, apparently, because it's not something that I recognize as a common trope. I assume they're explained away by condensation in the atmosphere being the source of the water or whatnot, but the few times I've seen them in fiction they bother me inordinately for whatever reason.

And I was kinda predisposed to hating Avatar before I watched anyway so I think I was just looking for an excuse to stop watching, heh.

Steroyd

I forgot to discuss the best part of [Code:Breaker]-3, this scene:

http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/CodeBreaker31.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/CodeBreaker32.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/CodeBreaker33.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz278/Jexhius/codebreaker.gif[IMG]

Ladies and gentleman, I present our hero.[/QUOTE]

I see that and raise you.

[IMG]http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i435/Steroyd666/EEEVIIIL.gif

Our hero also having turrets.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
It just seemed weird to me because of her age. Menstruation doesn't really make sense.
The idea is that Nanami is an incredibly naive and innocent girl despite her cruelty (or maybe that's the reason she acts so petty). She is going through an act that she assumes everyone else has already experienced (laying an egg), but she doesn't want to open herself up to others due to the shame of being a late bloomer. More than the physical act, laying an egg forces herself to view her own growth into adulthood.

On the other hand, the notion of "laying eggs as a metaphor for ovulation" also brings some really nasty propositions when we consider Saionji wanted to cook the little thing.
I do always wonder "how does the waterfall not run out of water almost immediately?"
Mercury Djinni!

Also for some people in here, i'm totally reading the Welcome to the NHK! novel right now.

It's incredible!

It certainly is. I prefer the novel over the anime because I tend to prefer the original series compared to the adaptions, but the anime did have its moments that the novel did not touch on. Have nothing to say about the manga though.

Well, I haven't played the games that feature them, apparently, because it's not something that I recognize as a common trope. I assume they're explained away by condensation in the atmosphere being the source of the water or whatnot, but the few times I've seen them in fiction they bother me inordinately for whatever reason.

Skypiea doesn't bother you?

I see that and raise you.

EEEVIIIL.gif

Our hero also having turrets.

You know it's much easier to not takes this seriously when you see it in gif form. Ogami saying evil over and over is pretty hilarious.

Geneijin

So what were the "good" fights in Hunter x Hunter TV 2011 anyway to those who are keeping up with it? Watching the
Kurapica vs Ubogin
fight in new HxH has made me appreciate the older one way more.

Thoraxes

It certainly is. I prefer the novel over the anime because I tend to prefer the original series compared to the adaptions, but the anime did have its moments that the novel did not touch on. Have nothing to say about the manga though.

The novel just goes so much farther into the psyche of Satou and the others, and this more in-depth look has me laughing at the realism and black humor. Really really enjoying it so far.

So what were the "good" fights in Hunter x Hunter TV 2011 anyway to those who are keeping up with it? Watching the
Kurapica vs Ubogin

In the Heaven's Arena, Gon v
Gido, second time
is pretty good. Though it was the only one where I watched how it was done in the old one and the new one is much better.

The novel just goes so much farther into the psyche of Satou and the others, and this more in-depth look has me laughing at the realism and black humor. Really really enjoying it so far.

I hope to read this again soon, after I can finish the Strawberry Panic novel. I definitely had to reread countless sections over again to make since of Satou's thoughts in certain places.

Other than the brilliant story, I was hoping to have more artwork showing off the other characters since Yoshitoshi ABe was the illustrator of the cover.

wonzo

Banned
savinganime25.jpg

classical meidos

Kurapica vs Ubogin
The Heavens Arena Fights,
Auction House Massacre
Uvogin vs Shadow Beasts
Uvogin vs Kurapika
When Gon and Killua get kidnapped by the Phantom Troupe
and
Phantom Troupe storming the Cemetery Building including the fights between Chrollo and the Assassins.

Steroyd

Tonari - 04

So Shizuka says she likes it better when Haru smiles, so what happens when he does?

IA6iy.gif

Insta-harem.

Are these shoujo writers even trying anymore? LOL

And a character from the beginning of episode 1 makes a small appearance.

ZzLWm.jpg

Well Haru does some white knighting on her behalf which according to my shoujo senses
she'll fall in love with Haru and so our love triangle is born.
Which wouldn't be a problem except someone did a dick move and she's voiced by Kana Hanazawa, meaning
tears will be shed, and they will burn me.
:(

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tonari - 04

Well Haru does some white knighting on her behalf which according to my shoujo senses
Which wouldn't be a problem except someone did a dick move and she's voiced by Kana Hanazawa, meaning

I dunno, I feel like the natural triangle is between the girl and the two brothers.

Maedhros

Code:Breaker 03

God... Ogami is my hero. @_@

Seeing him punching this fucking annoying girl... why the hell does she even try to apply normal logic in front of Yakuza's and corrupt police? Is she fucking stupid? She does really thinks the world is black and white?

survivor

Banned
Tonari - 04

Wait seriously? Fuck, I wonder if my love for Hanazawa will prevail over my hatred for glasses girls

trejo

Okay, I'm... not sure you realize just how pathetic a noob I am but... what does this mean? Does it mean the end song during the credits is better than the title sequence theme?

Worry not, friend, for I was just like you once upon a time. Uneducated to the vernacular of anime. In time, you will come to recognize all the varied categories of -dere, the difference between ahoge and ahegao, the joyous wonders of NTR and so on and so forth.

Run away while you still can Hold you head high and proud and keep steadfast down this most noble road of learning.

my hatred for glasses girls

the fuck?

Code:breaker 3
code_breaker_toki_v_evil_by_tristtrist-d5irht7.gif

Must be like the last one watching it. Anyway, I guess in order of abilities, Id so far have Toki>Ogami> Hitomi > Yuki. Mainly, I like the way Toki, Ogami, and Hitomi use theirs while Yuuki's was odd. It reminded me of Bleach, because he did it like a Cero.

Plotwise, Sakurakouji was starting to get infuriatingly annoying. Its like she cant catch any hint at all and needs to be awakened to the real world or something. It was painfully hilarious. However I disliked a certain part.
When after everyone had burned and stuff, she went and hugged Ogami and then was asking him did she feel. I feel as if the story is going to go in a direct to add in some type of odd one sided romance which will feel so awkward and out of place, and make me feel like Ogami will be OoC if he does engage in that :/ Sure it could be it makes him more human or something...but I think he already is enough he bonded to a dog afterall and treats nice people nicely.

Preview made next episode look exciting
A true Ogami v Toki, but then friendship/teamwork.

Code:Breaker 03

God... Ogami is my hero. @_@

Seeing him punching this fucking annoying girl... why the hell does she even try to apply normal logic in front of Yakuza's and corrupt police? Is she fucking stupid? She does really thinks the world is black and white?

idk, from that gif a few posts up, it does seem like you are on fire, or not.

pretty black and white.

Steroyd

I dunno, I feel like the natural triangle is between the girl and the two brothers.

Who knows there could be two triangles going on at the same time, or at the very least, I could see Haru's brother pretending (initially) to go after Shizuku to get Haru's attention.

But white knighted girl got white knighted damnit.

icecream

Public Health Threat
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 04

The pacing is really one of my favorite things about this show. It's clippy enough that one does not lose interest, but not a constant speed. Instead it's variable, so the viewer never really has a chance to get lost nor lose interest.

And this show did the "male character with dark past that heroine must come to terms with" event episode so much better than Sukitte.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun 04

And this show did the "male character with dark past that heroine must come to terms with" event episode so much better than Sukitte.
What dark past? lol

(In either show, really. Sukitte's good stuff is all in the two other girls anyhow).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Robin with another pants-less* thigh-length sweater, lol.

yeah yeah I barely see some booty shorts or something, but the illusion is there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom