• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, well they didn't mention what specifically
was safer about the new model
in the episode. I was just saying that a vague declaration that
"it's safer!" wouldn't be enough to convince me to try it
The fact that they say that
it's safer !! without any kind of compromise on that sentence suggest that it's an absolute thing
they can't say everything and every data written in the novel while adapting the source material but the tone used left nothing to suggest otherwise..i don't think everyone in this show is dumb, if something happens , then there is most likely a reason..

He has much more variance and creativity in his male designs than his female designs in general, so while I sometimes just want to write it off as his style, I think the truth is that he either demands all of his women to have the same identical "sexy" figure or he just sucks with female faces/anatomy.

Well, Oda only had two extremes there: traditional Oda-style attractiveness for the important characters (Hancock, Margaret) and comically exaggerated ugliness (everyone else). What we saw there wasn't so much natural diversity in character design as an intentional subversion of the "Amazon tribe" concept by having a tribe of ugly and misshapen women instead of perfect and beautiful women. Outside of that environment, any female character that's young and plot-relevant has roughly the same body and often the same face.

I like her. She's a lovable doofus and I like her character design way more than I should.

The amazon tribe most important principle was that strenght = beauty ..i'm glad ODa used that aspect to depict all the characters in the island...

I guess ill just wait for the next one (I assume a port of DW7?).

Isn't there a new 3ds one coming soon?

Well, portable-wise, there isn't really anything new coming out. The last one was a port of Warrior Orochi 3 on the PSP, but being on the PSP isn't out in English.

The 3DS Dynasty game, Dynasty Warriors VS. is also Japan-exclusive.

The 3DS does have Samurai Warriors Chronicles which came out in the US and it is getting a sequel which is Japan-only at this rate.

Narag

I always read this in anime forums. You guys uses this as joke right?

YrTvRl.png

survivor

Banned
Well, Oda only had two extremes there: traditional Oda-style attractiveness for the important characters (Hancock, Margaret) and comically exaggerated ugliness (everyone else). What we saw there wasn't so much natural diversity in character design as an intentional subversion of the "Amazon tribe" concept by having a tribe of ugly and misshapen women instead of perfect and beautiful women. Outside of an environment where he's intentionally making a point with the character design, nearly any female character that's young and plot-relevant has roughly the same body and often the same face. He just can't resist when he has no reason not to.

He really needs to draw more ugly women so he can go crazy with the designs. The problem is unless we get another Amazon Lily arc there won't be that many opportunities considering how each arc he is limited to only 1-2 relevant female characters.

sonicmj1

Revolutionary Girl Utena: Adolescence Apocalypse

I... uh...

What?

I thought I had prepared myself for Ikuhara, but this is a level of Ikuhara that nobody can really prepare themselves for. Unrestrained, unrepentant symbolism everywhere. Nothing is spared.

That's not to say it doesn't make sense. The visuals are incredibly strong. Every shot of the school is incredible. It's architecturally stunning even if it doesn't exactly obey the laws of physics, and I love it. And symbolically, it's an interesting take on the show's material, compressed into 90 minutes of chaos. Utena's relationship with Anthy comes across much more clearly here, and I like how Touga is developed here more than in the series.
Using him as a more obvious foil for Anthy, and changing his backstory and previous relationship with Utena, is a somewhat more sympathetic take on the prince/princess contrast, especially considering both extremes are rejected by the end.

Nothing could have prepared me for the last twenty minutes, though.

Nothing.

Nothing.

Anyway, I'm glad I watched it. Great stuff. Fabulous Max.

Branduil

"Your ears you keep and I'll tell you why. So that every shriek of every child at seeing your hideousness will be yours to cherish. Every babe that weeps at your approach, every woman who cries out, "Dear God! What is that thing," will echo in your perfect ears. That is what to the pain means. It means I leave you in anguish, wallowing in freakish misery forever. "

Solune

Naruto Shippuden 141 - 153

The canon portions were really good, especially Taka v Bee, Sasukes moves, Suigetsu's stunning water attacks, and even Jugo
giving up his energy and becoming a kid just to heal Sasuke, ncie
. The filler arc was decent with the same concepts I always liked for Naruto, but it was filler. And then the final two episodes. Especially 153, I always tear up just thinking of it.
When they tell Naruto that Pervy Sage died and such.

jbug617

Banned
She's definitely up there for sure. Probably my #2 behind Kanako actually and my main girl I ship with. She's just so charming, protective, and suave that it would be a crime not to pair her with Kanako.

I did enjoy the first moment when Kanako went into her classroom. All the cute girls all around her and she can't control it.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The fact that they say that
it's safer !! without any kind of compromise on that sentence suggest that it's an absolute thing
they can't say everything and every data written in the novel while adapting the source material but the tone used left nothing to suggest otherwise..i don't think everyone in this show is dumb, if something happens , then there is most likely a reason..

I think you're interpreting my statement as much more critical than it's intended to be. If anything, it was an offhand lighthearted commentary on how I'd personally act in the same situation. Now, if I was actually making some kind of serious, substantial criticism of the show, "it's explained better in the novels" just can't be a sufficient explanation for any kind of logical or narrative discrepancy as the novels and the show are two entirely separate works and I can only judge the content of the show on its own merits, but I wasn't making any kind of actual criticism here.

The amazon tribe most important principle was that strenght = beauty ..i'm glad ODa used that aspect to depict all the characters in the island...

Kind of a shame how he could have an arc with a pretty empowering message and then go back to what he usually does with women.

I always read this in anime forums. You guys uses this as joke right?

You can probably expect that most things said here that reflect the opinions of the anime community at large are pretty tongue-in-cheek.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I did enjoy the first moment when Kanako went into her classroom. All the cute girls all around her and she can't control it.

It's stuff like that which makes Kanako so awesome. I mean you have the typical religious school setting where women are supposed to be reserved, respectable maidens, and Kanako just comes out of the front gate with only one thing in mind: plucking the delicate petals off of every girl at the school. Though her real aim is to find her true love, her mind constantly ends up in the gutter, which usually leads to her downfall from her excessive nosebleeds.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Humanity Has Declined SP2
being mini-watashi in her mini-home is suffering
Dat ending!
-------

NotChuu2 but Pet Girl 3

I don't know if I should be amazed or not that they basically covered an entire arc of
Hyouka
in one episode. lol

h4SBLl.jpg

This is basically
Oreki-face
at the end of episode
Hyouka 11

I guess to be fair, the progression is exactly the same. Sorata feels like he's top dog in his relationship with Mashiro because she doesn't know what underwear is for and otherwise has no common sense. Of course, then he founds out that in fact, she's
a child prodigy and his inferiority complex immediately sets in, setting up the Oreki-esque crisis of this week's episode
. I guess I'm just not sure how I feel about a story like that applied to haremshit shenanigans, since of course, I find that arc of
Hyouka
to be outstanding (for anime).

Maybe I should give this show credit too? I don't know. If you've watched both this episode and
Hyouka
, please let me know if I'm crazy or not. lol

WNmXxl.jpg

And hey, the fish eye close up + funny face + kansai girl Smile PreCure thing is starting to spread! lol

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - 03

Man, it's incredibly depressing (and irritating for that matter) when the most interesting girl on the show
has the hots for someone other than the MC
. Now we're stuck with
a girl with special needs
and a
girl who really isn't special at all
. If the people behind this have any sort of a soul they'll at the very least throw the teacher into the mix to turn this otherwise unappealing love conflict into something actually worth watching.

I doubt that will happen, as no one respects the Christmas cake, :(

If I wasn't so determined to finish the things I start, I would've dropped this after the second episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom