• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any mention of what the free gift will be for Serial Experiments Lain from RightStuf? The release date is three weeks away now, and I can only assume it will be something other than another artbook since that is already included in the package.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Theres already a trailer and even an animated special episode coming for it too.
tumblr_mbqqscWgmW1qixttfo1_500.jpg

That waist.

Those boobs.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Sakurasou's Pet Girl #3

netorare drama lol

Jin is kind of a dick. Poor Misaki.

I told you all this shit would happen. Obvious as fuuuuuck.

Haven't seen the ep yet, but can already guess what you're referring to.

Robin with another pants-less* thigh-length sweater, lol.

yeah yeah I barely see some booty shorts or something, but the illusion is there!

#TeamRobin? :D

Sword Art Online 16:
Could you be any less subtle, Sug? I mean, seriously...

So, Agil or whatever his name was is some kind of ultra-swag bartender in real life? And
enough people weren't sufficiently terrified by the SAO incident so that full-dive VR gaming is still actually a thing? I wouldn't think that an upgraded NervGear whose biggest selling point is "less likely to kill you!" would even remotely persuade me not to stay the fuck away from the technology forever, personally

It was so weird to see Kirito basically do the
bumbling dude who stumbles into a violent situation and reveals that he's actually a 1337 pwnz0r master of killing shit after taking everyone off guard
thing considering how hard the show tries to avoid older fantasy anime cliches (say what you will about the show itself, but it's managed to avoid being a Slayers-alike, I guess) that whole sequence just took me out of it.
Kirito being excited at the prospect of killing dudes in-game
was also pretty weird, but......I guess that's what happened when you're half-crazed from
that NTR countdown clock hovering over your head
. Ganbatte, Kirito-kun.

Oh, and lol Avatar sky waterfalls:
Actually .. the biggest selling point ....
is that it's advertised as 100% safe . The new headset doesn't have enough power to fry your brain even if it wanted to.

Alright list is done! Some of these fit really well while others are really out of left field. Hope you enjoy!

very well list ..i haven't seen someone disapointed yet ... congratulations !!!

Maedhros

One Piece was better in the past. Even if the animation wasn't that good, the style made it much better. The actual episodes have a shitty pacing, it's unwatchable, unless you watch, like, 10 episodes in row.

Even the manga is getting pretty bad after New World. But I'm sure it can get better at least. Also, at least on the movies I will see something that resembles the good times of One Piece, even if they are original stories.

Anyway

Ixion Saga 03

Pretty shitty episode. The other two were good, so I'll continue to watch.

duckroll

Code:Breaker 03

God... Ogami is my hero. @_@

Seeing him punching this fucking annoying girl... why the hell does she even try to apply normal logic in front of Yakuza's and corrupt police? Is she fucking stupid? She does really thinks the world is black and white?

I'm convinced that Sakura as used by the anime is a pure comedy trope. It's actually pretty funny when used this way, and the show isn't afraid to abuse her just to make that point!

The best part is, world in Code:Breaker does seem pretty black and white though.

- There are bad people who are clearly bad, know they're bad, and just go out of their way to do bad things and make bad-people-faces.

- There are good people who don't do anything bad and hence gets marginalized, taken advantage of, and abused.

- There are super badass people who have special powers and acknowledge that they are bad as well, but go around killing bad people while telling them how bad everyone is. BAD BAD BAD BAD.

It's incredibly entertaining in a very base way, because of how over the top it is, and how effective the direction is at being the exact thing it wants to be. If I were to compare it to a videogame, I would say it's a lot like playing through Mass Effect 2 while doing as many of the Renegade options as possible. Sogood.

survivor

Banned
Hidamari Sketch 8

I'm starting to realize that it's really hard to marathon this anime. It's not like it's bad, I do enjoy its very lighthearted nature and the usual Shaft shenanigans that come with it, but at the end of each episode I don't feel compelled at all to check out the next one immediately right after it. I suppose that's the nature of slow slice of anime without a central story. I don't even know why I had plans to catch up this season and start watching Honeycomb. At the rate I'm going at, I will probably be done by the end of the year.

Anyway, as usual, all the Sae focused stuff were meh but Yuno and Yoshinoya saved the episode.

Psychopath 1-2

This feels really really bad.
However it is about a very interesting topic so I will follow it to see where it goes and to get the discussion it might spark.

also that implied yuri-sexing

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Actually .. the biggest selling point ....
is that it's advertised as 100% safe . The new headset doesn't have enough power to fry your brain even if it wanted to.

Ah, well they didn't mention what specifically
was safer about the new model
in the episode. I was just saying that a vague declaration that
"it's safer!" wouldn't be enough to convince me to try it

I prefer Strong World Robin over this one.

No disagreements here.

his anatomy is derped out in general
are you sure its not intentional?

He has much more variance and creativity in his male designs than his female designs in general, so while I sometimes just want to write it off as his style, I think the truth is that he either demands all of his women to have the same identical "sexy" figure or he just sucks with female faces/anatomy.

Uchip

Banned
He has much more variance and creativity in his male designs than his female designs in general, so while I sometimes just want to write it off as his style, I think the truth is that he either demands all of his women to have the same identical "sexy" figure or he just sucks with female faces/anatomy.

did you just miss the entire Amazon Lily arc?

Nami isn't sexy, she's someone you pity.

shes the anti loli
and thats ok

Nami isn't sexy, she's someone you pity.

lol. I have to admit just now due to the posts here I thought about what if a real person was shaped like that and it freaked me out.

But it's just a highly stylized drawing. Don't ruin it for me by giving the idea of comparing it to real life!

I'm convinced that Sakura as used by the anime is a pure comedy trope. It's actually pretty funny when used this way, and the show isn't afraid to abuse her just to make that point!

The best part is, world in Code:Breaker does seem pretty black and white though.

- There are bad people who are clearly bad, know they're bad, and just go out of their way to do bad things and make bad-people-faces.

- There are good people who don't do anything bad and hence gets marginalized, taken advantage of, and abused.

- There are super badass people who have special powers and acknowledge that they are bad as well, but go around killing bad people while telling them how bad everyone is. BAD BAD BAD BAD.

It's incredibly entertaining in a very base way, because of how over the top it is, and how effective the direction is at being the exact thing it wants to be. If I were to compare it to a videogame, I would say it's a lot like playing through Mass Effect 2 while doing as many of the Renegade options as possible. Sogood.

There are attempts at making things grey, but they usually fall flat on their face and end up making things even MORE black and/or white.

duckroll

There are attempts at making things grey, but they usually fall flat on their face and end up making things even MORE black and/or white.

I don't see any attempts at all to make anything grey. I just see dudes jumping on cars, and dudes jumping from helicopters. Pretty BADASS stuff! :p

Although to be fair, there was a Nami clone in Amazon Lily too.

If I want to play a dynasty warrior on a portable (got them all), which should I pick up?

Either Warriors Orochi 2 on the PSP/Vita which isn't bad, just too much grinding to get everything (which you probably don't care). But, it is an older game so the characters look different and it looks somewhat dated being a PS2 downport.

There's also Dynasty Warriors NEXT on the Vita which isn't bad as an introduction since it does tell most of the story, but I'm not too fond of it after finishing it. This one looks good, uses the DW7 models, just wasn't as fun as DW7.

remz

his anatomy is derped out in general
are you sure its not intentional?

The amazon lady island proved he could draw different/more normal female body parts so i think the ridiculous proportions on the main cast is a deliberate style choice.

and re: Code;Breaker- I haven't seen it yet, but something being black and white isn't always a bad thing if it's executed properly. The Jojo's anime is as black and white as they come and still manages to be entertaining as hell.

Grey morality is overaaated.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
"Dark" past rather. Those horrifyingly traumatic middle school experiences, you know.

Which other two girls in Sukitte?
Oh yes, "dark" certainly. lol

And I mean the two girls with body issues. They're immediately more interesting than the heroines of either show, but obviously too depressing to be the leads.

i must be one of the few(only?) people here who actually likes sakurakouji :(

I love/hate her. I hate her for bringing morality into a show that I would have been able to tolerate a lot more had it not ever been brought up. I love her for being passionate enough about that reality to try and save everyone. I like characters that don't like killing even when up against the absolute worst of humanity.

Of course later on, I hate her for not doing a damn thing despite constantly spouting her "don't kill" mantra. She (non-specific manga spoilers)
can actually stop these people from killing, yet she stands around and whines about not being able to stop them. Then she forgets about it and they have a beach episode!

Either Warriors Orochi 2 on the PSP/Vita which isn't bad, just too much grinding to get everything (which you probably don't care). But, it is an older game so the characters look different and it looks somewhat dated being a PS2 downport.

There's also Dynasty Warriors NEXT on the Vita which isn't bad as an introduction since it does tell most of the story, but I'm not too fond of it after finishing it. This one looks good, uses the DW7 models, just wasn't as fun as DW7.

I guess ill just wait for the next one (I assume a port of DW7?).

Isn't there a new 3ds one coming soon?

+1, the show would not as funny without her. Female Emiya Shirou, I'm waiting the equivalent of "people die when they killed" from her.

Shes alright whenever they are in school (those scenes in school are so hilarious). Im fine with that, but the moment she gets off of school with him its like she goes into this weird clueless mode and its gets annoying.

Emitan

but your suppose to be all

"your boobs are soo big, i'm so jealous, your skin is so smooth"

"s-stop it! Where are you touching?"
To be fair I totally have breast_envy

lol. I have to admit just now due to the posts here I thought about what if a real person was shaped like that and it freaked me out.

But it's just a highly stylized drawing. Don't ruin it for me by giving the idea of comparing it to real life!
I don't want to ruin anything! It's just a bit weird is all!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
did you just miss the entire Amazon Lily arc?

Well, Oda only had two extremes there: traditional Oda-style attractiveness for the important characters (Hancock, Margaret) and comically exaggerated ugliness (everyone else). What we saw there wasn't so much natural diversity in character design as an intentional subversion of the "Amazon tribe" concept by having a tribe of ugly and misshapen women instead of perfect and beautiful women. Outside of an environment where he's intentionally making a point with the character design, nearly any female character that's young and plot-relevant has roughly the same body and often the same face. He just can't resist when he has no reason not to.

i must be one of the few(only?) people here who actually likes sakurakouji :(

I like her. She's a lovable doofus and I like her character design way more than I should.

Articalys

Psycho-Pass & Robotics;Notes' Japanese Cast Event to Be Streamed
The niconico service will stream an event with two Japanese voice actresses from the Psycho-Pass and Robotics;Notes anime on Tuesday with live English translations. The event at the TIFFCOM 2012 trade market will begin at 7:30 p.m. in Tokyo (6:30 a.m. EDT) with screenings of the first episodes of both series.

After the episode screenings, Kana Hanazawa (Akane Tsunemori in Psycho-Pass) and Yoshino Nanjou (Akiho Senomiya in Robotics;Notes) will appear in an 8:30 p.m. JST (7:30 a.m. EDT) talk session complete with on-site English translations.

So that's in just under eight hours from now, I think.

Nicovideo live link:
http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv111982456

Emitan

I stopped reading One Piece when Sanji joined so I know practically nothing about the series. Actually it might have been before then.

Maedhros

She looks alright. Not my preference, anyway.

Magi 03

It reminded me how much I disliked Mor in the first place. She gets so much better later.

The episode was pretty bad paced, just like the others. I'm not liking this anime, at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom