• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fall of Anime 2012 |OT2| O cursed spite, that ever I was born to UUURRRRYYY!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theonik

Ojomajo Doremi 06
Aiko is best Ojomajo proven once more. This episode taught us how lying never pays off.
Dog Doremi was pretty amusing too, and so were the little stories that girl made up.

Now to decide if I'm going to marathon Doremi or leave it a back-up show or watch the Crest of the Stars series and Wings of Honneamise instead.

7Th

Ojomajo Doremi 06
Aiko is best Ojomajo proven once more. This episode taught us how lying never pays off.
Dog Doremi was pretty amusing too, and so were the little stories that girl made up.

Now to decide if I'm going to marathon Doremi or leave it a back-up show or watch the Crest of the Stars series and Wings of Honneamise instead.

There are hundreds of Doremi episodes; to marathon it would be insane. :p

7Th

I was only intending to watch the first season and movie as those are the worthwhile ones I heard. If I wanted I could do the whole lot in a week or so though.

Who the hell told you that? Doremi's best episodes are all in later seasons! Hosoda and Yamauchi are both involved! And there is also the consistently great OVA: Naisho.

Uchip

Banned
Anime will never be as bad as Honey Boo Boo, Jerry Springer, Jersey Shore, or a million other terrible reality TV shows and other garbage programming. Anime is pretty tame.

thats a very different kind of bad
and like I said before, its not comparable to animation

let me know when they make a shota Batman where he has relations with Alfred and they advertise the "batcave" as a sex toy
then we will have something to compare it to

Theonik

Who the hell told you that? Doremi's best episodes are all in later seasons! Hosoda and Yamauchi are both involved! And there is also the consistently great OVA: Naisho.
:O
In this case...
I'll probably watch the other seasons too and don't really have to worry about running out of Doremi.

referring to the impossible position the MC finds himself in in both shows. In Mayo Chikis case somehow he falls on the girl and her shirt is completely open all of a sudden and hes fondling her "by accident"

But you could say that for most harem shows.
I haven't seen Mayo Chiki, I was hoping you'd make a case that I should watch it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
tonari 5 -

I've come to the conclusion that:
  • 1.The shy glasses-wearing nerdy Kana Hanazawa character in Tonari is better than
    2. the shy glasses-wearing nerdy Kana Hazawa character with giant boobs in DRRR, but is worse than
    3. the shy glasses-wearing nerdy Kana Hanazawa character in Princess Jellyfish, who in turn is worse than
    4. the shy nerdy librarian Kana Hanazawa character in Kaminomi.
Sorry, this is wrong. Go back to voting for Mitt Romney!

wonzo

Banned
Smile PreCure! 40
smileprecure40.jpg
smileprecure40a.jpg
smileprecure40b.jpg
smileprecure40c.jpg

From Kyubey to bad engrish, despair, and glorious sakuga. This episode owned so fucking hard that it more than easily makes up for the "focus on a single character" formula this show seems to be doing for the next few episodes. Shit is in the end game yo!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Smile PreCure! 40
From Kyubey to bad engrish, despair, and glorious sakuga. This episode owned so fucking hard that it more than easily makes up for the "focus on a single character" formula this show seems to be doing for the next few episodes. Shit is in the end game yo!
I don't see anything wrong with that letter! Jexhius is being swag!

I should probably check out Nadesico. It's all over Super Robot Wars J and W.

You should. It's one of my favorite shows of all time, and one of those things that I feel just gets better with age and repeated viewings.

Nadesico manages to achieve the difficult task of mixing together great, laugh out loud comedy with a serious drama and not undermining either one in the process.

CorvoSol

Gundam SEED Destiny 16

The episode in which Athrun Zala proves that 1)He is the coolest not-Mu character in the series, 2)He most definitely does do cool things during Destiny, and 3)Alla chicks should be upons.

How, you ask?

Athrun Zala slaps Shinn Asuka not once, BUT TWICE. I have longed to see someone get slapped since SEED, and there isn't a single person I can think of that I'd like to see get slapped more than Shinn the Shrill.

Thank you, Athrun, for doing what we all wanted to do 15 episodes ago.

Gundam SEED Destiny 16

The episode in which Athrun Zala proves that 1)He is the coolest not-Mu character in the series, 2)He most definitely does do cool things during Destiny, and 3)Alla chicks should be upons.

How, you ask?

Athrun Zala slaps Shinn Asuka not once, BUT TWICE. I have longed to see someone get slapped since SEED, and there isn't a single person I can think of that I'd like to see get slapped more than Shinn the Shrill.

Thank you, Athrun, for doing what we all wanted to do 15 episodes ago.
Yep , athrun actually tries to put shiin into the proper path of a gundam hero .. shiin however refuses ..

Kudos to athrun for actually having tried.

Must ..... resist .... the urge ..... to post .... more dog days gifs ..
5LQqS.gif

This was the last one ..for real.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Smile PreCure! 40
So actually watching the episode, I do like how they keep managing to make all the PreCure so goddamn swag. It's pretty much shounen haato but with better costumes. (lol)

I do wonder though...
if each monster is suppose to take on a single PreCure... well, they're short two monsters. :p

The existence of Dog Days infuriates me. It means I'm never going to get another season of Nanoha until Dog Days is over. At least they're still working on the movies.

My Little Monster 2:
Quirky characters doing quirky things.

The second episode was also highly enjoyable. I'm enjoying seeing Shizuku coming out of her shell and coming to terms with how she's changing as a person since meeting Haru, and the oddball relationship between the two of them is very entertaining. Like the first episode, there was a good mix of some really great character based comedy and some good drama dealing with Shizuku and her life. The aesthetics were also once again very good, and the music during the final scene really helped underscore the theme and gave it a really heartwarming sensation.

The existence of Dog Days infuriates me. It means I'm never going to get another season of Nanoha until Dog Days is over. At least they're still working on the movies.

After StrikerS, would you really want another season of Nanoha?

yami4ct

Looks like both From Up on Poppy Hill and Arrietty are on the nominee shortlist for the 2012 Golden Globes Best Animated Feature category, with the final list to be revealed on December 13.

Ooooo. In a year with Pixar's Brave being sort of weak sauce, Ghibli may have a chance. I certainly got more from Arrietty than Brave. I heard Poppy Hill is wonderful as well. I could see either of those making the list, though if Poppy Hill is as good as I'm told it's obviously the better choice.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ooooo. In a year with Pixar's Brave being sort of weak sauce, Ghibli may have a chance. I certainly got more from Arrietty than Brave. I heard Poppy Hill is wonderful as well. I could see either of those making the list, though if Poppy Hill is as good as I'm told it's obviously the better choice.
Naw, there's the new Disney movie that will probably win. Everyone seems to like it.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Just change her face, and I'd say it would be golden.

Sounds good to me.

You mean 19-year-old-chan?

Yes. It was glorious to see her. She was beautiful, and she was perfect.

Kiss x Sis (OVA) - 01-04

I.. um.. oh.. my. @_@

I might have to go back and watch the rest of this show. Though I have to admit that the faux-incest angle doesn't do a whole lot for me. But it's quality ecchi, and I don't really see anything else being made on the same level right now.

I'm surprised why they didn't just make it straight hentai.

That's the thing. To this date I have never seen a single hentai that's left a lasting impression with me (a billion doujinshi, but never anime). They are either horribly animated, or feature massive boob monsters (which is fine, but not my taste). KissXSis had decent visuals, cute young girls, and raunchy lewdness (sort of). And I've never seen anything like episode 7 in an anime. It was good, but frustrating.. if only it were a hentai with the exact same energy and morals attached!

First minute of sakuraou no pet 7

imouto pantsu

Nice review. Strong argument, and convincing points you've made. I'll probably check it out.

Syrinx

Speaking of Ghibli, Grave of the Fireflies came out on Blu-Ray last week, right? (was that Ghibli? Damn, I'm embarassing myself) I should probably check that out. What are the Ghibli films available on BR?

Neither Ghibli film will even be nominated.

CorvoSol

Yep , athrun actually tries to put shiin into the proper path of a gundam hero .. shiin however refuses ..

Kudos to athrun for actually having tried.

Athrun is a man's man.

Gurren Lagan 17

What the hell?
Man!Rossio is an interesting guy. The jury is still out on Woman!Nia.

Jintor

This year belongs to Wolf Children

Strikers had bad moments , but also had good moments ..

Also all they have to do is to adapt Vivid .. not that hard

I can't really recall many good moments from StrikerS. It just felt completely soulless to me, and not at all what I wanted from a Nanoha series (or anything in general, really).

Now, if they could make something on par with As, I'd be in love all over again, but I don't really know if that's in the cards.

yami4ct

Naw, there's the new Disney movie that will probably win. Everyone seems to like it.
Wreck it Ralph being so video game focused could really hurt it. The academy is a bunch of old men, super stuck in their ways. I'm certain they look down on video games and any media that tries to revere them.

Neither Ghibli film will even be nominated.

With Pixar's film being turned against by critics, I could totally see one of them getting nominated. Winning would take a miracle, but is certainly much in closer grasp than usual.

wonzo

Banned
So actually watching the episode, I do like how they keep managing to make all the PreCure so goddamn swag. It's pretty much shounen haato but with better costumes. (lol)

I do wonder though...
if each monster is suppose to take on a single PreCure... well, they're short two monsters. :p
They've already covered two of the PreCures so if you include the Joker with Majorina and Red Oni, it should be enough to cover the rest.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
That's the thing. To this date I have never seen a single hentai that's left a lasting impression with me (a billion doujinshi, but never anime). They are either horribly animated, or feature massive boob monsters (which is fine, but not my taste).
This was my opinion too... until last week when I watched Pop Chaser.

Watch Pop Chaser.

Strikers had bad moments , but also had good moments ..

Also all they have to do is to adapt Vivid .. not that hard

Dog days is more than those gifs , but if it's this that you seek , then you'll have plenty.

Animating Nanoha: Vivid would be glorious (not sure how I feel about Force). But then again, Vivid is basically the same thing as Dog Days except with even less plot. All they do is randomly have magical battles. I just couldn't stand the male lead of Dog Days (and the voice associated).

I can't wait for the Nanoha A's movie to come out :(

Speaking of Ghibli, Grave of the Fireflies came out on Blu-Ray last week, right? (was that Ghibli? Damn, I'm embarassing myself) I should probably check that out. What are the Ghibli films available on BR?

Whisper of the Heart is the best Ghibli film and that's available on BD, so you should definitely take a look at it. Otherwise Nausicaa, Castle in the Sky, Ponyo, and Arrietty have BDs released in the US. I think there's more out in Japan but I don't know what off the top of my head.

This year belongs to Wolf Children

Unfortunately did not get a showing here in America so it could qualify for anything. Maybe next year. I'd like to see it at least get the kind of promotion Disney has given the big Ghibli films it has released, but I know that probably won't happen.

With Pixar's film being turned against by critics, I could totally see one of them getting nominated. Winning would take a miracle, but is certainly much in closer grasp than usual.

Even if Brave hasn't had the greatest critical reception, I can't see it not getting nominated for the sole reason that it's from Pixar. If I were to predict the 5 nominees:

Wreck-It Ralph
Brave
ParaNorman
Frankenweenie
Hotel Transylvania (possibly swap this with one of the Dreamworks features)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom