• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4 players pissed that Next-Gen Update completely broke mods, corrupted saves, full of glitches

DrCheese

So started playing this on PC for the first time - Straight away everyone's speech is bizzarely sped up or skips ahead & music cutsout early.

Google it and it's because I have a 144hz display - To fix you have to lower to 120hz and change an ini file to make it work. The guide for this is on the official website.

So if they've known about this bug with higher than 60hz displays for years, why the hell wasn't it just fixed in this update? It seems nuts that they didn't take the opportunity to fix even the basic issues that newcomers on modern PCs would have.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Ok. I updated my video card driver and the game works now.

I would have been nice if there was an error message indicating that was the problem.

All the game did was crash.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Ok. I updated my video card driver and the game works now.

I would have been nice if there was an error message indicating that was the problem.

All the game did was crash.
You should be regularly updating your graphics card drivers to begin with. That PC Gaming 101. Why would you need a notification to be told the basics?

Last edited:

IFireflyl

Gold Member
You should be regularly updating your graphics card drivers to begin with. That PC Gaming 101. Why would you need a notification to be told the basics?

You can't get Steam to work properly. I don't think you should be throwing rocks from the glass house you're in.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
You can't get Steam to work properly. I don't think you should be throwing rocks from the glass house you're in.
I've been building and working on computers for 25 years. Sometimes shit just doesn't work right. And there are many reasons, sometimes certain pieces of software just don't interact right with certain hardware configurations. I may just have an unlucky hardware configuration. Based on the responses I've been getting in that thread, nobody has suggested anything that will work. If that's the standard then everybody is glass houses.

However, I am pretty sure nobody in that thread thinks that not updating video drivers is a good idea.

Futaleufu

I've been playing on PC for a week, started from scratch, the only bug I've found so far is that the workshop menu miscounts the number of beds available on some settlements.

Krathoon

Now, can I make a copy of the Fallout 4 Steam directory and put the London mod on it? Does the game have DRM on it?

King Dazzar

The patched version crashed for me at about 30hrs in. Where as a modded version I had before, was perfectly stable. It felt a tad dated for me, so a once beloved game of mine, I think is best left to become a good memory.

Top Bottom