• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout New Vegas |OT| Obsidian does what Bethesdon't

JE Sawyer is a really swell fella

i just started my spirit quest in Honest Hearts, i'm tripping balls man!

this DLC is really awesome so far, i never thought Fallout could look so pretty

kai3345 said:
Dead Money's characters are fucking amazing. They're all so unique
the atmosphere of the entire DLC is so plain and boring though. Every area seems exactly the same as every other area.

There also aren't a lot of great rewards for beating it, other than the satisfaction of beating it.

kai3345

Banned
balladofwindfishes said:
the atmosphere of the entire DLC is so plain and boring though. Every area seems exactly the same as every other area.

There also aren't a lot of great rewards for beating it, other than the satisfaction of beating it.
You get like a bajillion caps

Sotha Sil

Alpha-Bromega said:
JE Sawyer is a really swell fella

i just started my spirit quest in Honest Hearts, i'm tripping balls man!

this DLC is really awesome so far, i never thought Fallout could look so pretty

Honest Hearts is really short quest-wise, but is probably my favorite DLC. I just loved getting lost in its refreshing environment. Playing through HH with an Unarmed/Melee character in a blast. Nothing like approaching a enemy camp in stealth mode, tomahawk at the ready.

Sotha Sil

BIONIC-ARRRMMM!! said:
So...any news about a GOTY edition? ;/
I really want the game, but I'm not buying the DLCs separately.

I would indeed double-dip for a "GOTY in all but name, for only numbered sequels shall be deemed eligible" edition if it comes in a nice box. Please announce it soon, Obsidian.

yeah a sick box = buy
for me anyways

make it like the concept art

ANYWAYS fucking Honest Hearts is so cool!

the "Man of the Cave" mystery is seriously sooooooooo cool, and so is
the Burned Man
. Lanius looks like a straight stick up ass coward compared to him

duckroll

balladofwindfishes said:

Really? That doesn't seem to line up with the facts at all!

There's the Holorifle, which is a great energy weapon. There are the recipes you can learn from the various companions in the DLC. There's the Vending Machine which stays in the bunker, which offers basically unlimited Weapon Repair Kits. There are the gold bars worth a gazillion caps each, all you need is to bring out 2-3 and you're set for life. There's the Elijah message which can either give Veronica a unique perk, or give you a unique perk.

Come on now.

WOW Honest Hearts was freaking awesome!

The art was great, i've never seen Fallout look this pretty. The story, the choices, everything ah!

Joshua Graham is a hell of a person. "The Light that shines in the Darkness"

how. fucking. cool , man

back to the Wasteland, kind of sad about it.

hemtae

Alpha-Bromega said:
WOW Honest Hearts was freaking awesome!

The art was great, i've never seen Fallout look this pretty. The story, the choices, everything ah!

Joshua Graham is a hell of a person. "The Light that shines in the Darkness"

how. fucking. cool , man

back to the Wasteland, kind of sad about it.

you can go back to the zion all you want

Emitan

Game keeps crashing. I don't know whether I have a mod conflict or
lol Obsidian

Probably the former because the game was more stable on launch day for me.

Still my second favorite RPG of the generation.

Again, does anyone that knows the game like the back of his hand knows if it's possible to satisfy every option in the beyond the beef quest. Incriminate the land lord, sacrifice your partner and exposse the cannibal.

Wallach

Refreshment.01 said:
Again, does anyone that knows the game like the back of his hand knows if it's possible to satisfy every option in the beyond the beef quest. Incriminate the land lord, sacrifice your partner and exposse the cannibal.

I don't think there's a proper quest path to do this, because as soon as you
sacrifice one of your companions
the quest will end, won't it?

klee123

balladofwindfishes said:

Considering that you get the Holorifle, which is like one of the best energy weapons in the game, I disagree.

Not to mention all the caps you can get! Very handy if you have the Gun Runners Arsenal dlc as well.

Fjordson

Yeah, Dead Money has some crazy loot. Cool story, too. Wasn't a whole lot of fun for me personally, but meh.

I just finished Honest Hearts last night. Pretty awesome, if somewhat short. I love Joshua Graham as a character.

Honest Hearts is still my favorite of the DLC packages, if not for anything else, because Joshua is such a total boss.

It's hilarious how the Legion guys are all "Yeah Legate Lanius is alright I guess....but Joshua Graham, that dude was 50 times more badass" whenever The Burned Man comes up in the conversations I have with Legion characters before raiding their fortress and shooting them all that particular playthrough. :p

Plus, A Light Shining in Darkness is godly with Grunt, Gunslinger, Better Criticals and high Luck. That thing gives you a zillion shots in V.A.T.S because of its super low AP cost per shot and if any one of those shots crits (which with high luck...they will), it's GGPO. If that wasn't amazing on it's own, it's a holdout weapon to boot. So good.

kai3345 said:
You get like a bajillion caps
by the time I got around to doing it, I was level 32 and had enough caps to pretty much buy anything in the game.

I much preferred Honest Hearts where I got some awesome looking clothing to wear and a cool pistol.

jim-jam bongs said:
Joshua's armour should include the bandages imo

That's what glorious PC master race is for, modded Fallout/Elder Scrolls = best Fallout/Elder Scrolls.

Though on topic of the console versions, I kinda agree. Still think his armor is the best looking set in the game though.

Fjordson

Oh my god. The game that keeps on giving. I just got a certain armor set. SO awesome.

THE ENCLAVE! First the Brotherhood of Steel, and now the Enclave remnants. So cool Obsidian had both of them in here. Such an awesome quest with Arcade, talking to all of them. And then Daisy Whitman gives you her incredibly bad ass power armor. Love it!

Fjordson said:
Oh my god. The game that keeps on giving. I just got a certain armor set. SO awesome.

THE ENCLAVE! First the Brotherhood of Steel, and now the Enclave remnants. So cool Obsidian had both of them in here. Such an awesome quest with Arcade, talking to all of them. And then Daisy Whitman gives you her incredibly bad ass power armor. Love it!

just wait til
you unite them and bring them under YOUR banner. meaning at the battle for Hoover Dam, The Enclave remnants will die by your side. and bring the awesome fucking Vertibird.

It's why i've said that under the Independant Route, I think Courier could easily destroy all of NCR and Legion and become king of the Southwest. So many powerful groups come under your allegience

Woorloog

Banned
Dammit, Honest Hearts and Dead Money are on sale (360). Old World Blues is not.
If it had been, i would've bought it, LR and GRA. How often are Bethesda stuff on sale? Considering the amount of bugs (even if i rarely, if at all encounter serious ones), i'm not paying full price for every DLC i don't have yet (but absolutely want the rest of them). So i'm wondering how long till OWB and possibly LR might be on sale?
I have character planned out as well but i need OWB absolutely for my character (Skilled trait) :/

(I would've played this with the DLC but not happening now. My BF3 unlocks vanished. Crysis 360 is not available here and has bugged achievements. What a a day...
firstworldproblems.jpg
)

Wallach

jim-jam bongs said:
Joshua's armour should include the bandages imo

I like it better the way it is, personally.

Also nobody even commented on my builds, you are all super lame. I'm going to start a new playthrough in a minute and I can't decide which one to use.

Emitan

Wallach said:
I like it better the way it is, personally.

Also nobody even commented on my builds, you are all super lame. I'm going to start a new playthrough in a minute and I can't decide which one to use.
All your builds use 3 Charisma. Not worth my time. No one wants to make diplomacy characters :/

Wallach

Billychu said:
All your builds use 3 Charisma. Not worth my time. No one wants to make diplomacy characters :/

I like diplomatic characters, I just hate using companions in combat, which is the only useful aspect of Charisma.

InfiniDragon said:
That's what glorious PC master race is for, modded Fallout/Elder Scrolls = best Fallout/Elder Scrolls.

I should really look into mods one day.

Billychu said:
Doesn't it help your speech skill?

Yeah but once you have 100 of any skill the SPECIAL boosts don't matter any more, so you're effectively just using it for the early boost. There's no reason you can't have 100 speech by the time you reach The Strip even with 1 CHA.

Wallach

Billychu said:
Doesn't it help your speech skill?

Only via the initial skill points it adds, so +2 Speech per CHA. Given how many skill points you'll typically have on a diplomatic style character I just think it's a very weak bonus. Like the difference between 3 CHA and 8 CHA is +10 Speech/Barter at level 1; for the most part it's like a one-level advantage since they still cap at 100.

Emitan

Wallach said:
Only via the initial skill points it adds, so +2 Speech per CHA. Given how many skill points you'll typically have on a diplomatic style character I just think it's a very weak bonus. Like the difference between 3 CHA and 8 CHA is +10 Speech/Barter at level 1; for the most part it's like a one-level advantage since they still cap at 100.
Wow. I want to remake my character now. This one isn't very far in so it's not a big deal.

Wallach

Billychu said:
Wow. I want to remake my character now. This one isn't very far in so it's not a big deal.

I know that feeling. I make all kinds of characters!

If I were min-maxing those builds harder I'd probably drop it. Though keep in mind if you fight with companions a lot CHA is a LOT more useful.

Emitan

Wallach said:
I know that feeling. I make all kinds of characters!

If I were min-maxing those builds harder I'd probably drop it. Though keep in mind if you fight with companions a lot CHA is a LOT more useful.
I'm planning on getting the sniper and having him kill everything. I never really use companions, but I've heard he's amazing.

Wallach

Billychu said:
I'm planning on getting the sniper and having him kill everything. I never really use companions, but I've heard he's amazing.

Boone!
BOONE! BOONE! BOONE! WHOAAAAAAAA, HE GOT A HEADSHOT ON 'EM!

CHA does increase all companion armor and damage by 5% per point of CHA. It makes a fairly big difference if you think you'll use them a lot. I just either get nervous about taking them into certain places since their AI in multi-level environments is suicidal and I play on hardcore mode.

Emitan

jim-jam bongs said:
Veronica and Rex, dude. Roaming the wastes with a pugilistic space lesbian and a cybernetic hound.

Why does this keep happening?
I had Veronica on a save file but didn't use her very long before I had a hard drive crash :/

Well... I am especially fond of Veronica and Rex, the former because she ties in with Dead Money and Old World Blues, and the latter because dogs are awesome and one of the brains you can put in him makes him knock people over all the time.

Boone is cool I just found the game pretty boring with him as my companion because he kills everyone before you even notice they're there.

Wallach said:

I was going to suggest the cocksucker one but I didn't want you to get the wrong idea.

Wallach

jim-jam bongs said:
Well... I am especially fond of Veronica and Rex, the former because she ties in with Dead Money and Old World Blues, and the latter because dogs are awesome and one of the brains you can put in him makes him knock people over all the time.

Boone is cool I just found the game pretty boring with him as my companion because he kills everyone before you even notice they're there.

Charisma should increase your damage and armor whenever Boone is traveling with you.

Emitan

Actually, I had the dog on my only character that's beaten the game. I forget about him because he would keep getting stuck in the strip for some reason so he was never with me.

Billychu said:
Actually, I had the dog on my only character that's beaten the game. I forget about him because he would keep getting stuck in the strip for some reason so he was never with me.

You might want to give ED-E a try then, although his little battle theme starts to grate after a while.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I'm going to grab this with all the DLC tonight I think (on PC). I was told that I should plan ahead on which
faction(s) I should do things for
. Without spoiling TOO much, how much of an impact does that have on my experience throughout the game and the DLC?

hemtae

jim-jam bongs said:
You might want to give ED-E a try then, although his little battle theme starts to grate after a while.

You know what? I'm glad I shot your avatar. At first I was like she's a mute kid, she didn't deserve that, but now I realize I totally did the right thing thanks to you. I hope you're happy.

hemtae said:
You know what? I'm glad I shot your avatar. At first I was like she's a mute kid, she didn't deserve that, but now I realize I totally did the right thing thanks to you. I hope you're happy.

doot doo-doo... doooooo... doooooooooooooooo (dunna nunna nunna nuh)

That was me getting into battle stance, let's do this.

i just figured it out...No-Bark in Novac is The Chosen One from Fallout 2.Think about it. The Chosen One was around twenty years old during Fallout 2. New Vegas is 40 years later. 20 + 40 = 60. No-Bark is around 60 years old. He then forgot about the events of Fallout 2 when he was stung by radscorpions. How else could No-Bark know everything that goes on around him if he's not a player character?

Top Bottom