• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

harSon

Banned
Colston, Cecil Shorts or Kerley? It's a PPR league, so Shorts has been great for me this season. Colston has been a disappointment, but he typically picks his game up late in the season, and he's facing the Bills defense today - unlike Shorts who is facing the 49ers. Was hoping Graham would me out... I just picked up Kerley this week because I'm fucking desperate since my team is cursed (I had Julio Jones, Doug Martin and Reggie Wayne on my team).

What does Colston have to do to get a TD from Brees? Holy shit. I have him and Hakeem Nicks and they are killing me. I hate fantasy football. Biggest crap shoot ever.

Anybody else listen to Fantasy Focus Podcast? When they were doing their picks for the week Pod Vader picked Dallas because if the game comes down to a field goal, Dallas has more than 1 blocked attempt and Lions have more than 1 attempt blocked. If he's right about this and Detroit loses on a block field goal, that'd be one of the most amazing calls ever.

EDIT: Holy shit this game is nuts.

WedgeX

Banned
Never thought I'd be so heavily favored with so few players left. Thank you, Megatron.

iJywZs6BB1pY4.png

Never thought I'd be so heavily favored with so few players left. Thank you, Megatron.

Ha tell me about it. Calvin Johnson alone is almost beating the guy I'm playing.

Look at Ellington blowing up today. Did he finally get the starting roll over Mendenhall? Either way he's looking like he's starting to become a viable plug and play option.

I am completely over fantasy football this year. The general consensus in my league is that I have the most talent by far and I'm going to be three games below .500. I've got Luck, Moreno, Forte, Peterson, Cecil Shorts, Ridley, Fitzgerald, Garcon, etc. It has been a dreadfully unlucky season for me.

Look at Ellington blowing up today. Did he finally get the starting roll over Mendenhall? Either way he's looking like he's starting to become a viable plug and play option.

Mendenhall is hurt (toe). So he could be back and sapping away carries. You'd think this would convince Arians but...

gutshot

Well Vick and Gio Bernard torpedoed any chance of me winning this week. How are you going to score 49 points and give Bernard like 5 touches? And it looks like I'm going to be screwed at QB going forward. Ugh.

LOL guy I'm going against this week has 47 more points than anyone else this week. He had Calvin Johnson, Cam Newton, and 3 of the top 5 scoring RB's this week.

Petrie

Banned
LOL guy I'm going against this week has 47 more points than anyone else this week. He had Calvin Johnson, Cam Newton, and 3 of the top 5 scoring RB's this week.

Sounds like my team. Matt Stafford, Megatron, Josh Gordon, Wes Welker, Eddie Lacy, Jordan Cameron, Larry Fitz, Green Bay's kicker.

I played SJax in my 2nd RB slot and still have almost 200 points. Insane.

We do play 3WR and it's .5 PPR though.

Ha tell me about it. Calvin Johnson alone is almost beating the guy I'm playing.

I hope you ended up going with AZ D, buddy.

What an awesome week of football for me, all 4 of my teams (one real and three FF) won in blowouts :D

I am completely over fantasy football this year. The general consensus in my league is that I have the most talent by far and I'm going to be three games below .500. I've got Luck, Moreno, Forte, Peterson, Cecil Shorts, Ridley, Fitzgerald, Garcon, etc. It has been a dreadfully unlucky season for me.

I hear you, man. I'm passed the pissed off stage and am now in "what else can happen" mode? I mean, I have RGIII, Peterson, Nelson, Gates, Seahawks defense, D. Murrary and I'm...2-6. The past three weeks, in particular, have been infuiating. For example, three weeks ago I lost by 4 pts because of the lackluster performances of RGIII and Peterson. Then last week, needing only 8 pts to win and with Peterson playing on MNF, he gets...3 pts. Yesterday, RGIII gets my 5 pts while my bench QB, Dalton, throws five fucking TDs for 41 pts and I lose by 6.

Not to mention week one where I lost by 5 because my opponent had P. Manning who proceeded to throw 7tds and week three I lost by 9 because my opponent had Romo who had the game of his life.

Such goddamn bullshit.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I am 4-3 at the moment. I have no running backs at all really besides Zac Stacy and Powell from the Jets to be honest. So I am thinking about doing this trade. Do you think it is worth it at all? I am Blair Walsh Project.
T0EZXoq.png

LevelNth

Banned
Anyone think there is any reason to keep David Wilson rostered even in a 4 keeper league? I already have AP, Forte and Megatron locked in as keepers, and I have Gronk, Josh Gordon and Blackmon as a possible 4th.

My league (10 teams) does have an IR slot, but I could put Vereen in there for now. I think it might be time for me to let him go. Thoughts?

VoxPop

I am 4-3 at the moment. I have no running backs at all really besides Zac Stacy and Powell from the Jets to be honest. So I am thinking about doing this trade. Do you think it is worth it at all? I am Blair Walsh Project.
T0EZXoq.png

That is a terrible trade. Peyton will be the #1 QB for the foreseeable future and Morris isn't even that great. If anything you should try to get a decent RB2 for other players.

rando14

T0EZXoq.png

Hm.... that's a tough call. Value-wise you'd probably be coming out ahead, but it's tough to let go of a stud WR and the best QB in the league. It depends on how much you're buying into Andy Dalton I guess and the value of Blackmon given the mess in Jax. I don't like Wallace at all, he's super streaky and is more likely to give you a sub-5 point game than a 10+ game IMO. Who are your other receivers?

Anyone think there is any reason to keep David Wilson rostered even in a 4 keeper league? I already have AP, Forte and Megatron locked in as keepers, and I have Gronk, Josh Gordon and Blackmon as a possible 4th.

My league (10 teams) does have an IR slot, but I could put Vereen in there for now. I think it might be time for me to let him go. Thoughts?

I'd take Vereen

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
That is a terrible trade. Peyton will be the #1 QB for the foreseeable future and Morris isn't even that great. If anything you should try to get a decent RB2 for other players.

He has Rodgers so I might just go for him. I am just trying to make the playoffs at this moment so is he. I am in 8th and he is in 9th.

Hm.... that's a tough call. Value-wise you'd probably be coming out ahead, but it's tough to let go of a stud WR and the best QB in the league. It depends on how much you're buying into Andy Dalton I guess and the value of Blackmon given the mess in Jax. I don't like Wallace at all, he's super streaky and is more likely to give you a sub-5 point game than a 10+ game IMO. Who are your other receivers?

I'd take Vereen

I have AJ Green, Golden Tate, Nate Washington, Kris Durham and on the waivers for Marvin Jones.

VoxPop

He has Rodgers so I might just go for him. I am just trying to make the playoffs at this moment so is he. I am in 8th and he is in 9th.

I have AJ Green, Golden Tate, Nate Washington, Kris Durham and on the waivers for Marvin Jones.

So you would essentially be screwed if the Bengals were to have a bad game. I'm pretty sure if you really want to trade Peyton, you can get a top tier RB (of course it depends on what your league is like as well). Let alone trading both him and Cruz. If you have a solid QB you can get from the waiver wire, I say trade peyton for a top RB or mid tier RB like Morris + a WR

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
So you would essentially be screwed if the Bengals were to have a bad game. I'm pretty sure if you really want to trade Peyton, you can get a top tier RB (of course it depends on what your league is like as well). Let alone trading both him and Cruz. If you have a solid QB you can get from the waiver wire, I say trade peyton for a top RB or mid tier RB like Morris + a WR

Basiclly this dude is the only guy who will even trade with me. Doesn't help most of my league is dirty.

Vyer

Blah, so dumb of me to not start Gordon. Cutting it close in Stragglers. Hopefully Stacy has a decent game.

Basiclly this dude is the only guy who will even trade with me. Doesn't help most of my league is dirty.

? Isn't that JL2? What's going on in there?

I hope you ended up going with AZ D, buddy.

What an awesome week of football for me, all 4 of my teams (one real and three FF) won in blowouts :D

I didnt play them after all and was kicking myself that I didnt listen to you. I ended up getting the Packers D after all the commotion in my league. They did ok though .. that punt return TD helped. Really didn't matter anyway cause at that point I had the game in the bag. Its just a matter of racking up points for the end of the season.

I didnt play them after all and was kicking myself that I didnt listen to you. I ended up getting the Packers D after all the commotion in my league. They did ok though .. that punt return TD helped. Really didn't matter anyway cause at that point I had the game in the bag. Its just a matter of racking up points for the end of the season.

Well as long as you won your match, that's what matters most!

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
The trade is getting different. No more Manning in it. Cruz for Blackmon and Morris gonna see if I can get Hilton instead though.

T0EZXoq.png

I'm thinking about trading Peyton too since I have Dalton on the bench and I desperately need a RB and want to get Jamaal Charles...getting a 2 for 1 a fair deal?

I'm in a league where I have 1-2 extra wr's and rb's that I can give away. There's an owner with AJ green who badly needs an rb. I was thinking about offering him colston, keenan allen and either ellington or stacy for AJ Green. I have been extremely let down by colston, and if this trade went through I'd still have steve smith, harvin and torrey smith. Would this be an ok trade?

http://i.imgur.com/chD49Oe.png My team

I'm in a league where I have 1-2 extra wr's and rb's that I can give away. There's an owner with AJ green who badly needs an rb. I was thinking about offering him colston, keenan allen and either ellington or stacy for AJ Green. I have been extremely let down by colston, and if this trade went through I'd still have steve smith, harvin and torrey smith. Would this be an ok trade?

http://i.imgur.com/chD49Oe.png My team

Colston is probably untradeable at this point. I don't think he does it unless you do Steve or Torrey Smith and one of the RB's, but it depends on who his other receivers are.

He has AJ green and VJax, that's it, he just dropped rueben randal and lance Dunbar. I got Steve smith from him in return for fred Jackson last week. The guy has been playing the ww hard the past couple weeks. Plus he has Doug martin on his bench too. Jimmy Graham is doing work for him though.

http://i.imgur.com/N5Ifxnt.jpg Thats his team minus randle & dunbar now.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Much better.

fSpnbbr.png

That is what went thru. Only reason I had decided to get rid of Tate is because last night was the only night he did amazing and Harvin is coming.

I'm thinking about trading Peyton too since I have Dalton on the bench and I desperately need a RB and want to get Jamaal Charles...getting a 2 for 1 a fair deal?

That was my thing to but I decided against it. Rather keep him for the best I plan on using Dalton as trade bait after next week to get a decent RB or WR.

Petrie

Banned
Ok GAF. I need help this week. Here's the deal. We play 3 WR and a flex in my league. Right now my only WR not on bye is Josh Gordon so I have to pickup at least 2, here are the best looking options:

Dexter McCluster @ BUF

Kenny Stills @ NYJ

Rod Streater @ PHI

Jeremy Kerley @ NO

David Nelson @ NO

Aaron Dobson @ PITT

Jason Avant @ OAK

For Flex consideration I have another of these guys or whoever is on my bench between Zac Stacy and Steven Jackson. If there's another WR you think would be available in a 12-man with this many starters I'm open to options, but this is what I see at the moment. League is .5 PPR

Here's the list:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo...pos=WR&stat1=S_S_2013&jsenabled=1&jsenabled=1

Wes Welker, Larry Fitz, and Megatron all on bye together hurts. I'm lucky I can afford the loss.

Vyer

Would adding, say, Gio Bernard or Chris Johnson even it out a little?

I have Lacy, Gore, Lynch and Ridley. Need help at WR. Lacy and Ridley don't get much play with Gore and Lynch. He only has Murray, CJ and Bernard at RB. Trying to come up with a fair deal.

panthers or titans d this week?

i still have a cluster at my last wr+flex spot if zac stacy ends up missing time this week:
colston, wallace, and hartline for two positions. i don't like miami's matchup this week, should i go with colston/hartline?

Can't decide between Gronk and Graham. Even with limited snaps, Graham is getting red zone targets and is still a beast. Brady's not looking so hot this season. Graham seems like the obvious choice, but he's hurt so it's a gamble. He only caught 3 passes last week... yet two of them were for touchdowns. Standard ESPN format, no PPR.

Hint: If you guys need a RB during a Bye and he's availiable, I would roster Shonn Greene ASAP.

If you have an IR spot pick up Andrew Hawkins, WR from the Bengals.

Top Bottom