• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Miguel

I was looking to stash Cutler and go with a Ryan/Cutler matchup play every week, but I can't bring myself to drop anyone.

CJ Spiller would probably be my choice at this point, but the two teams ahead of me have some deadweight they could drop and stash Spiller because their RB situations aren't so great.

5cKeD26.png

Petrie

Banned
I was looking to stash Cutler and go with a Ryan/Cutler matchup play every week, but I can't bring myself to drop anyone.

CJ Spiller would probably be my choice at this point, but the two teams ahead of me have some deadweight they could drop and stash Spiller because their RB situations aren't so great.

5cKeD26.png

I'd be trying to trade some of that RB depth for a true stud QB.

Do you think Shonn Greene is worth a spot over Joique Bell?
Hmmmm... that's a tough one. Bell has shown he can still be productive in his limited carries, but the Titans OC is talking up a heavy timeshare for Greene/CJwhateverK. I think the receptions yards Bell gets is the kicker, in your case I'd pass on Greene

UberTag

Do you think Shonn Greene is worth a spot over Joique Bell?
Unless you own Reggie Bush I definitely think Joique is dumpable for Greene.
Bell is a valuable handcuff. But if you don't own Bush and you're looking for immediate dividends, I have no issue with taking a flyer on Greene.

My team probably isnt going to win my league, so I've scooped up these depth guys from the waiver wire like harry douglas, andre brown, andrew hawkins, carolina dst just to c-block everyone else.

General FF question: If I lose this week, I will be all but out of my league's playoff picture. At that point should I just abstain from making trades? I've gotten some offers from guys in the top 4 that would probably be shooting for the moon type deals, but since it is a league with (mostly) friends, there is still something to play for (not coming in last!)

General FF question: If I lose this week, I will be all but out of my league's playoff picture. At that point should I just abstain from making trades? I've gotten some offers from guys in the top 4 that would probably be shooting for the moon type deals, but since it is a league with (mostly) friends, there is still something to play for (not coming in last!)
Fuck abstaining, always look to improve your team. Strive to compete, you get jack crap for tanking.
Got a trade offer for Ridley for Blackmon should I take it?
no league info or team info? This isn't in a vacuum.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Fuck abstaining, always look to improve your team. Strive to compete, you get jack crap for tanking.

no league info or team info? This isn't in a vacuum.

My bad. It is a PPR league and my rbs are short but and my wrs aren't that great after trading Cruz. I am currently in 6th in a 12 man league.

My bad. It is a PPR league and my rbs are short but and my wrs aren't that great after trading Cruz. I am currently in 6th in a 12 man league.
It's a passing league and figuring out Belicheck is maddening. Might as well pull the trigger.

EDIT: NONNONONONONONNONO DON'T DO IT!!!!

NFL suspended Jaguars WR Justin Blackmon indefinitely for another violation of the league's substance abuse policy.

His season is over. Blackmon opened the season on a four-game suspension for similar violations, and has had well-documented alcohol problems dating back to Oklahoma State. The reason for his latest ban is unclear. ESPN's Chris Mortensen confirmed on NFL Live Friday that Blackmon is done for the year, suspended indefinitely, and his future with the Jaguars' organization is now unclear. Look for Mike Brown to be Jacksonville's No. 2 receiver the rest of the way. Cecil Shorts is going to be a target monster in the Jaguars' garbage-time offense.

sangreal

I got rid of shorts last week because I had Blackmon. I already regretted it but needed the roster spot. Now it really blows

Fei

I have Spiller, Stacy, and Ridley in a 12 team PPR league and need to pick two. I'm leaning Ridley (vs PIT) and Stacy (vs TEN) due to matchups and how bad Spiller (vs KC) has been to date, but it's rough leaving your 1st round pick on the bench.

Would you start Woodhead or Garcon in a flex spot? Both have supposedly good matchups, but I've been burned by Garcon too much lately with RG3 regressing.

Petrie

Banned
I'm missing a lot of players week 9, and have to fill in with some scrubs. Between my flex and 2 WR spots this is what I'm working with:

McCluster @ Buffalo

Streater v Philly

Steven Jackson @ Carolina

Aaron Dobson v Pitt

Help please?

Just woke up guys, time to jump in!
Keenum or ponder? In desperation mode in my 16 teamer this week
Keenum. He offers the high ceiling you need.
I have Spiller, Stacy, and Ridley in a 12 team PPR league and need to pick two. I'm leaning Ridley (vs PIT) and Stacy (vs TEN) due to matchups and how bad Spiller (vs KC) has been to date, but it's rough leaving your 1st round pick on the bench.
Stacy/Ridley. Spiller has a tougher matuchup and they're not throwing to him.
Torrey Smith @ Cleveland

OR

Vincent Jackson @ Seattle?
Torrey Smith has the ability to beat double coverage but will see Haden. VJax faces the Legion of BOOM... I think I'd give a SLIGHT edge to VJax just because he sees so many targets... but this is tough. You can't go wrong picking either.
Would you start Woodhead or Garcon in a flex spot? Both have supposedly good matchups, but I've been burned by Garcon too much lately with RG3 regressing.
This is a breakout matchup for Pierre. If you don't use him here, trade him.
I'm missing a lot of players week 9, and have to fill in with some scrubs. Between my flex and 2 WR spots this is what I'm working with:

McCluster @ Buffalo

Streater v Philly

Steven Jackson @ Carolina

Aaron Dobson v Pitt

Help please?
Dobson/Streater/McCluster.

Milabrega

Risk going with Foster or play Shonne Greene who is back from injury and is suppose to get 15 carries today? With bye's I have no other options if Foster doesn't play.

This is a breakout matchup for Pierre. If you don't use him here, trade him.

I have DJax and Jordy Nelson as my two starting WRs. Do you think starting Garcon instead of Djax is a good move this week? I don't trust Foles against the Raiders at home. This way I can keep Woodhead in the flex.

I have DJax and Jordy Nelson as my two starting WRs. Do you think starting Garcon instead of Djax is a good move this week? I don't trust Foles against the Raiders at home. This way I can keep Woodhead in the flex.
Oh HELL yeah. San Diego D isn't stopping the Funky Frenchman. Only "Bob" can stop Garcon.

RBH

Torrey Smith has the ability to beat double coverage but will see Haden. VJax faces the Legion of BOOM... I think I'd give a SLIGHT edge to VJax just because he sees so many targets... but this is tough. You can't go wrong picking either.

Yeah, it's a tough pick, I've been going back and forth between the two all morning.

Oh wow - Nick Foles has 86 points in my league already with a lot of game left. Understandably nobody was crazy enough to start him.

... WHAT KIND OF SCORING IS THAT???

Every 25 passing yards (PY25) 1
Each Pass Completed (PC) 1
TD Pass (PTD) 6
40+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD40) 4
50+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD50) 6
Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2
2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2
300-399 yard passing game (P300) 5
400+ yard passing game (P400) 10

Every 25 passing yards (PY25) 1
Each Pass Completed (PC) 1
TD Pass (PTD) 6
40+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD40) 4
50+ yard TD pass bonus (PTD50) 6
Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2
2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2
300-399 yard passing game (P300) 5
400+ yard passing game (P400) 10
... those bonuses are insane. Yikes.

Foles is now at 104. The highest number for a QB I've seen all year is 107 by Peyton Manning in the first game of the season. And there's a whole quarter to go yet.

I don't have a backup QB right now (own RG3). I wonder if it would be worth losing my #2 waiver priority to get Foles or if this is a major fluke. He looked great against TB but like absolute shit against Dallas. So he's 2 for 3 in my book.

Top Bottom