• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football 2013 - The catchall thread

Oh man, the available DSTs are grim. So many people stash 2 DSTs in my league and some even have 3. I can't believe It but I think I might pickup Eagles to play against NYG. Haha

The somewhat competent Ds available have tough games .. Cardinals, Rams, Bucs have Atlanta, Seattle, Carolina respectively. The rest are just dregs.

I have Dolphins yet from last week. They're playing New England this week. What say you GAF - try my luck against Brady and a dinged up Patriots or Eagles vs the most mistake prone team in the NFL?

RBH

I have 3 less than ideal options for my starting defense this week:

-Cleveland (@ KC)
-Pittsburgh (@OAK)
-Cincinnati (vs. NYJ)

Which should I pick?

Oh man, the available DSTs are grim. So many people stash 2 DSTs in my league and some even have 3. I can't believe It but I think I might pickup Eagles to play against NYG. Haha

The somewhat competent Ds available have tough games .. Cardinals, Rams, Bucs have Atlanta, Seattle, Carolina respectively. The rest are just dregs.

I have Dolphins yet from last week. They're playing New England this week. What say you GAF - try my luck against Brady and a dinged up Patriots or Eagles vs the most mistake prone team in the NFL?
See if you can find out in time if Roddy White is sitting out again. If he doesn't play, go AZ because Peterson will destroy Harry Douglas. Gonzalez is a concern but the team would have the luxury to game plan for him well if there isn't a WR to be concerned about. Otherwise, Eagles D I guess and hoping the Giants return to crappy form. If the AZ scenario doesn't pan out, I wouldn't expect many points from your D this week.
I have 3 less than ideal options for my starting defense this week:

-Cleveland (@ KC)
-Pittsburgh (@OAK)
-Cincinnati (vs. NYJ)

Which should I pick?
This is easy, Cincinnati for sure. They are actually a pretty darn good option this week although they have taken a hit from one of the corners getting injured. Still, a pretty decent defense against a shit team. Timmons just got injured on the Steelers too so that would be a big blow to their D if he can't play.

Ivory is out there on the waivers, I might try to get him. I got Hillis but I might drop him for Ivory. I just need him for one week. Starting Peterson for sure, but don't know if I want to try to start Jackson this week. Definitely not going Stacey as they play the Rams.

CrankyJay

Banned
Ah, I hope I don't regret this.

I just traded CJ Spiller for Ray Rice in my keeper league...

I figure Ray can't keep being this terrible this year and CJ seems to be injury prone and gets TDs vultured from Fred Jackson.

No guts, no glory.

VoxPop

Ah, I hope I don't regret this.

I just traded CJ Spiller for Ray Rice in my keeper league...

I figure Ray can't keep being this terrible this year and CJ seems to be injury prone and gets TDs vultured from Fred Jackson.

No guts, no glory.

Great trade. Rice will pick it up soon enough and Spiller isnt getting nothing with Jackson on the team. It's been like that for him for the past 2-3 years.

rando14

Thoughts on starting Jordan Cameron (vs KC) or Joe Fauria (vs DAL)? Cameron is obviously a stud TE but he's in a horrible matchup with a new QB when looking at the situation on the surface. However I've heard that Campbell seems to like TE's and with garbage time Cameron might get some looks.

On the other hand, Fauria is in a great matchup and with Scheffler gone he'll be the main TE. He's had quite a few touchdowns already and is clearly a RZ threat but he doesn't get too many targets overall. IMO Fauria seems to be higher risk-higher reward.

Thoughts please?

Thoughts on starting Jordan Cameron (vs KC) or Joe Fauria (vs DAL)? Cameron is obviously a stud TE but he's in a horrible matchup with a new QB when looking at the situation on the surface. However I've heard that Campbell seems to like TE's and with garbage time Cameron might get some looks.

On the other hand, Fauria is in a great matchup and with Scheffler gone he'll be the main TE. He's had quite a few touchdowns already and is clearly a RZ threat but he doesn't get too many targets overall. IMO Fauria seems to be higher risk-higher reward.

Thoughts please?

Fauria has been on fire lately. Although Campbell could soon discover Cameron is his best friend.

Chiefs D is very very tough though. I'd start Fauria and then just watch what Campbell can do with Cameron and maybe switch it up next week.

Enron

Banned
No. Start Cameron. Jason Campbell is a checkdown machine and will be looking to his TE. Fauria's TDs are kinda flukey and isn't even the #1 TE on that team, and the TEs are so far behind the RB and WRs in target pecking order its not funny.

CrankyJay

Banned
Great trade. Rice will pick it up soon enough and Spiller isnt getting nothing with Jackson on the team. It's been like that for him for the past 2-3 years.

Thanks, that's what I figured. I love Spiller, but he's too injury prone and the new Bills coaching staff doesn't seem to use him as well as Gailey did...oh well.

No. Start Cameron. Jason Campbell is a checkdown machine and will be looking to his TE. Fauria's TDs are kinda flukey and isn't even the #1 TE on that team, and the TEs are so far behind the RB and WRs in target pecking order its not funny.

Scheffler is done for the season, and the cowboys are giving the 3rd most fantasy points to TEs this season.

Meanwhile, KC has given up the fewest fantasy points to TE this season and Campbell is going to be rusty, playing against the league's #1 defense..

Good luck Rando, whichever you choose!

See if you can find out in time if Roddy White is sitting out again. If he doesn't play, go AZ because Peterson will destroy Harry Douglas. Gonzalez is a concern but the team would have the luxury to game plan for him well if there isn't a WR to be concerned about. Otherwise, Eagles D I guess and hoping the Giants return to crappy form. If the AZ scenario doesn't pan out, I wouldn't expect many points from your D this week.

UPDATE: I managed to get my hands on Packers D. Hopefully should be good against the Vikings with their QB situation and Peterson dinged up.

Enron

Banned
Scheffler is done for the season, and the cowboys are giving the 3rd most fantasy points to TEs this season.

Meanwhile, KC has given up the fewest fantasy points to TE this season and Campbell is going to be rusty, playing against the league's #1 defense..

still rather have the more talented TE who will see more balls thrown his way against the leagues best defense rather than a 2nd string TE who is at best the 4th option in the passing game when he's on the field against a terrible defense.

Need advice before the game tonight. Here's my lineup:

Matt Ryan
LeSean McCoy
Knowshon Moreno
Vincent Jackson
Jordy Nelson
Julius Thomas
Flex - Either Steve Johnson (Bills WR) or Mike James (TB RB)
Chiefs D/ST
Mason Crosby

The question is should I start my recent waiver pickup Mike James or just go with Steve Johnson, who's averaged about 6 points a game this season and has generally not been impressive. Normally this slot would be filled with Antonio Gates or Danny Woodhead, but the Chargers have a bye week.

Panthers are good against the run, but maybe there's upside to starting a guy with some fresh legs since he's been underused all season behind Doug Martin. Anyone have a crystal ball?

For bonus points, tell me if I should start Matt Ryan or Michael Vick. I started Foles last week after Vick went down and man did Ryan make me look like a fool for benching him, not to mention that Foles was trash :(

Need advice before the game tonight. Here's my lineup:

We have very similar rosters and I'm going with Mike James tonight. He's the Bucs primary run option, and he's not injured. Meanwhile, Johnson has to (a) rely on Thad Lewis (200yds, 1 INT last game) and play the Saints, who as a pass defense have more INTs than touchdowns allowed. And considering Steve's shaky injury history this season...just too many negatives. I'd rather start James tonight and have it be done with.

TheChewyWaffles said:
For bonus points, tell me if I should start Matt Ryan or Michael Vick. I started Foles last week after Vick went down and man did Ryan make me look like a fool for benching him, not to mention that Foles was trash :(

Even the experts are a bit split on this one, but I dunno. I have to say Vick. The Giants defense is hot garbage. I would say this: if Vick is a desperation play and there are all sorts of red flags leading up to sunday, I'd start Ryan. But otherwise, Vick gives you huge upside against the Giants whereas Ryan has to face Patrick Peterson and a Cardinals defense that rarely gives up more than 1 passing TD a game.

We have very similar rosters and I'm going with Mike James tonight. He's the Bucs primary run option, and he's not injured. Meanwhile, Johnson has to (a) rely on Thad Lewis (200yds, 1 INT last game) and play the Saints, who as a pass defense have more INTs than touchdowns allowed. And considering Steve's shaky injury history this season...just too many negatives. I'd rather start James tonight and have it be done with.

Thanks for the advice. I'm very torn about the choice and I hate Thursday night games because you dread putting up low numbers going into Sunday.

I've set James in my lineup, but I'm a little concerned I have too many eggs in the Bucs basket with both Vincent Jackson and Mike James.

Thanks for the advice. I'm very torn about the choice and I hate Thursday night games because you dread putting up low numbers going into Sunday.

I don't necessarily disagree, but I think that if he does score well you'll just beat yourself up until Sunday anyway. We know that Glennon is aiming for VJax so I really don't have any issue starting both. The *only* offense Steve Johnson has blown up this year is Carolina, by the way.

rando14

still rather have the more talented TE who will see more balls thrown his way against the leagues best defense rather than a 2nd string TE who is at best the 4th option in the passing game when he's on the field against a terrible defense.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated

UPDATE: I managed to get my hands on Packers D. Hopefully should be good against the Vikings with their QB situation and Peterson dinged up.

UDPATE 2: I guess maybe I'll have to try Cards after all. The league thought me and the other guy were colluding since he has Foster and I was giving up Ben Tate. But I dont have room on my roster for him, I've never started him, and probably wont be able to use him in a long time anyway since he has four fucking broken ribs and the other guy was sitting on three defenses. Plus the Packers D has a somewhat decent schedule coming up.

Ugh up against the guy that offered me Cam for Romo this week and of course Cam has a huge game. Also somehow he only has 1 guy on his entire roster who's on a bye this week and it's his 6th RB. Meanwhile I have to use my 5th WR as my flex because one of my RB's is injured, 2 are on bye, and my 2 startings WR's are on bye. T_T

Wow. Roddy White dropped in my league. Man, what an interesting/risky pickup...

I dropped him in my league too. He's damaged goods this season as far as I'm concerned.

High risk/High reward, but he's been eating up a roster spot for me that's more valuable with someone who can contribute any time soon.

Enron

Banned
Wow. Roddy White dropped in my league. Man, what an interesting/risky pickup...

I would knock over all the other owners and a couple of magazine racks to get roddy off the WW - damaged goods? Maybe so. But what does it cost you? Hobbled Roddy White is about as valuable as a bench WR, so why not do it?

I would knock over all the other owners and a couple of magazine racks to get roddy off the WW - damaged goods? Maybe so. But what does it cost you? Hobbled Roddy White is about as valuable as a bench WR, so why not do it?

Just going to cost a mid waiver and a roster slot. I'd have to drop either the Broncos DEF or McGahee, neither of which makes me cry tears. TheBatman, I do agree in that if you need somebody to start now, White is droppable. But to a team that can afford it, he feels like another Percy Harvin situation.

Tempted.

Lorien

Banned
Welp, Reggie Bush owners panic. He didn't practice today and his leg was wrapped. The Lions are on bye next week. I don't expect him to play Sunday. Hopefully it's just a maintenance thing.

Welp, Reggie Bush owners panic. He didn't practice today and his leg was wrapped. The Lions are on bye next week. I don't expect him to play Sunday. Hopefully it's just a maintenance thing.

FFS I already have Doug Martin out for most or all the season, Chris Johnson on bye week, Woodhead on bye week, and now Bush might not play? That's not to mention the other guy I have to use because of the byes is Joseph Randle and if Murray plays much, that could screw me over there too....I'm hosed this week.

Pretty annoying that I get Doug Martin, Chris Johnson, and Reggie Bush to start the season as a pretty damn promising RB tandem and its come to this.

Lorien

Banned
FFS I already have Doug Martin out for most or all the season, Chris Johnson on bye week, Woodhead on bye week, and now Bush might not play? That's not to mention the other guy I have to use because of the byes is Joseph Randle and if Murray plays much, that could screw me over there too....I'm hosed this week.

Pretty annoying that I get Doug Martin, Chris Johnson, and Reggie Bush to start the season as a pretty damn promising RB tandem and its come to this.

Update:

Lions running back Reggie Bush was an unexpected observer at Lions practice on Friday, showing up for the session with his right leg wrapped up after practicing without issue on both Wednesday and Thursday.

According to Bush, though, there’s no reason for the Lions to make alternate arrangements in the backfield this weekend. Bush didn’t delve into specifics about any injury, but did say that Friday’s decision was a precautionary one and that he’ll be in the backfield against the Cowboys on Sunday.

“I’m fine,” Bush said, via Kyle Meinke of MLive.com. “I’m playing Sunday. That’s all you guys need to know. That’s it.”

The Lions will release their injury report later on Friday, so we’ll see where they wind up listing the running back but Detroit veterans often get rest days and this doesn’t appear to be any different. Bush has missed one game this season with a left knee injury, which would not seem to be related to his absence from practice on Friday.

I'm still concerned.

I have a QB Bye in Week 9, looking to pick up a QB early. My options:

Josh McCown, Chi @ GB
Joe Flacco, Bal @ Cle
Case Keenum, Hou vs Ind

I'm torn between Case and Josh. McCown has more weapons and is facing a soft D, but it's in Green Bay. Case has less weapons but did admirably in the most hostile situation + arguably toughest D in the league. The question is will Arian Foster or Ben Tate play next week...

EDIT: GB just got all their corners healthy.

I have a QB Bye in Week 9, looking to pick up a QB early. My options:

Josh McCown, Chi @ GB
Joe Flacco, Bal @ Cle
Case Keenum, Hou vs Ind

I'm torn between Case and Josh. McCown has more weapons and is facing a soft D, but it's in Green Bay. Case has less weapons but did admirably in the most hostile situation + arguably toughest D in the league. The question is will Arian Foster or Ben Tate play next week...

EDIT: GB just got all their corners healthy.

I'm pretty sure Foster will play next week. 2 weeks to rest a hammy + he only had four carries in the game where he tweaked it. They shut it down quick.

Anyway, Flacco has been pretty reasonable lately and while Haden can shut down Torrey Smith, that still leaves Clark/Rice/Smith to embarrass the browns. I think he's a legit 14-20 point play.

McCown is probably capable of 2 TD but also 2 INT, whereas Keenum could be the Thad Lewis special - 250yds, no INT, no TD.

I'm pretty sure Foster will play next week. 2 weeks to rest a hammy + he only had four carries in the game where he tweaked it. They shut it down quick.

Anyway, Flacco has been pretty reasonable lately and while Haden can shut down Torrey Smith, that still leaves Clark/Rice/Smith to embarrass the browns. I think he's a legit 14-20 point play.

McCown is probably capable of 2 TD but also 2 INT, whereas Keenum could be the Thad Lewis special - 250yds, no INT, no TD.
What you say about Flacco is true, but Indy is no juggernaut on D. I'd think with a healthy Foster Keenum cold throw all over those guys. I guess I'll go Flacco, but if I need a high ceiling play I might have to change my play.

Ok I asked Thursday but I'm throwing it out there one more time:

Michael Vick just coming off of a hamstring pull and but has great upside against the terrible Giants. Main concern with him is not his play when he's healthy - just concerned he's going to get hurt again and go out like he did a few weeks ago.

or

Dependable Matt Ryan who lit up TB even without his stud receivers. Fluke or does he really have ice in his veins??

What say you, experts?

Ok I asked Thursday but I'm throwing it out there one more time:

Michael Vick just coming off of a hamstring pull and but has great upside against the terrible Giants

or

Dependable Matt Ryan who lit up TB even without his stud receivers. Fluke or does he really have ice in his veins??

What say you, experts?

I think you have to go with dependable Ryan. He has a great thing going with Harry Douglas, and you always have Gonzo there too. Vick is still coming off the injury and we're not sure what we'll get.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Joique Bell or Joseph Fauria today?

AlexMogil

I have three slots and four players.

Jacquizz Rogers
Zac Stacy
Greg Jennings
Riley Cooper

Cooper is showing 10 possible points against the Giants but Vick is back. Rogers has been lights out as a substitute but Jackson is back. Zac Stacy has no qb and is playing the Seahawks. Jennings... playing against a weaker D but can his qb throw?

Help help

Vamlock

Josh Gordon @KC (with Campbell throwing to him) or Amendola vs MIA (banged up)?

For the last three...
I'd say Steven Jackson, but I might be Eagles biased.

Blackmon vs. 49ers, he's getting so many targets

And Joique if you want more certaintity, but I think Fauria has boom potential.

Edit: For Alex, that's a tough call, is it PPR? If so, I'd say Jacq, Riley, Zac, if not... Maybe swap Greg and Jacq... I dunno, it is a tough call. I think Zac is the only must since he's the feature back.

I have three slots and four players.

Jacquizz Rogers
Zac Stacy
Greg Jennings
Riley Cooper

Cooper is showing 10 possible points against the Giants but Vick is back. Rogers has been lights out as a substitute but Jackson is back. Zac Stacy has no qb and is playing the Seahawks. Jennings... playing against a weaker D but can his qb throw?

Help help

It's a tough matchup for Rogers or Jackson today. I'd start Jennings for the "revenge" angle. I think Vick can get Cooper the ball. It's been Rogers and Stacy, and I tend to opt for RB over WR in such a position.

AlexMogil

Edit: For Alex, that's a tough call, is it PPR? If so, I'd say Jacq, Riley, Zac, if not... Maybe swap Greg and Jacq... I dunno, it is a tough call. I think Zac is the only must since he's the feature back.

Yeah there's lightweight ppr.

I think I'll start looking to sit Jacquizz. He doesn't have guaranteed touches with Jackson. I'm hemming and hawing over 6 potential points.

Top Bottom