• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Discussion Thread - 2017 Season

Boogs31

So my RB1 is Devonte Freeman and he's been great. My other 2 RB's are DeMarco Murray and C.J. Anderson. So far, through 3 weeks, I have picked the wrong guy each time. I went with Murray the first 2 weeks and he was pretty mediocre, while Anderson killed it on my bench. So for week 3, I went with the hot hand and Anderson did nothing while Murray had a great game. Who should I start week 4?

Of course I draft Jamaal Williams for this exact reason, anticipating Montgomery getting injured...5 plays later Wiliams is out too. Damnit!

Edit: Is it normal to be able to pick up players while a game is on? I just saw someone picked up the other GB RB Jones during the 3rd qtr of the game last night. I thought that would've been locked until waivers, no?

bigkrev

Of course I draft Jamaal Williams for this exact reason, anticipating Montgomery getting injured...5 plays later Wiliams is out too. Damnit!

Edit: Is it normal to be able to pick up players while a game is on? I just saw someone picked up the other GB RB Jones during the 3rd qtr of the game last night. I thought that would've been locked until waivers, no?

Uh... no, that shouldn't be allowed. What site are you on?

Uh... no, that shouldn't be allowed. What site are you on?

Yahoo. The guy who picked him up has Ty and waiver 9 right now. Im gonna e-mail the commish.

EDIT: I just checked and all players from GB and CHI are currently listed as FA instead of W. I know for a fact this hasn't happened before in our league. Anyone else with yahoo able to check? Maybe it's a site issue.

duxstar

As a matchup type of player Im really torn on this one.

Do I ride the hot hand and play Tyreek Hill , even though hes playing against Josh Norman

My other option is Sammy watkins vs a mediocreish Cowboys defense.

So watkins vs tyreek hill, opinions ?

Tom Nook

UGH :(

Injury Predictor‏
@InjuryPredictor
Follow
More Injury Predictor Retweeted Ian Rapoport
We have 23 records of players with broken ribs.

Average games missed: 2.48

82.6% of players missed 0-3 games.

If Ty were to be missing games, my bench is looking thin.

Luck and then Ty. :(

Jims

It's definitely not normal but I played in a Yahoo league like that once. Made it obnoxious on gameday because you always had to be aware when your guy randomly got hurt. I think it's a league setting that the commish needs to fix. We did one season of that and then switched to normal waivers.

Jarlaxle

My decision to put Cohen in as my flex right before the game last night paid the same dividends all my fantasy decisions have come to this year.

I went to bed mid 3rd Quarter and my opponent has Jordy Nelson. I was down 7-0. Woke up this morning down 19-4.

Can't seem to catch a break. Nothing stops this train.

So my RB1 is Devonte Freeman and he's been great. My other 2 RB's are DeMarco Murray and C.J. Anderson. So far, through 3 weeks, I have picked the wrong guy each time. I went with Murray the first 2 weeks and he was pretty mediocre, while Anderson killed it on my bench. So for week 3, I went with the hot hand and Anderson did nothing while Murray had a great game. Who should I start week 4?

what you should do is, pick who you want to start and then put in the opposite

George_Costanza.jpg

joking aside, BorisChen has CJ anderson higher than murray and I like the matchup(against OAK)

juicyb

Man having Adams, who's my WR2, get his TD taken away and then get hurt the next play. Then my opponent has Howard and him coming back in when he shouldn't have even been in...to get a TD was a big FUCK YOU from fantasy last night. Christ

Rbk_3

Yahoo. The guy who picked him up has Ty and waiver 9 right now. Im gonna e-mail the commish.

EDIT: I just checked and all players from GB and CHI are currently listed as FA instead of W. I know for a fact this hasn't happened before in our league. Anyone else with yahoo able to check? Maybe it's a site issue.

Yeah, he got picked up in our league mid game

Tom Nook

Man having Adams, who's my WR2, get his TD taken away and then get hurt the next play. Then my opponent has Howard and him coming back in when he shouldn't have even been in...to get a TD was a big FUCK YOU from fantasy last night. Christ

UGH. :(

Welcome to Thursday Night Fuckball.

ZOONAMI

Originally Allen is my Flex but with Ty's injury forced me to change it.

Stay with Allen vs PHI

or

Hyde @ Ari

Thanks.

The fact that Hyde isn’t your rb2 is amazing. He’s my rb1 now with Johnson out. He’s averaged over 20pts a games irrc. He should be an automatic start.

Doomsayer

Stay with Allen vs PHI

or

Hyde @ Ari

Thanks.

You gotta go Hyde. The AZ defense looked suspect against the Cowboys and they weren't on the field very long.

I still have a dilemma.

Dalton @ Cleveland, Carr @ Denver, or Cam @ NE?

I want to go Dalton, but I already have AJ Green and Mixon in my lineup.... any suggestions?

ZOONAMI

You gotta go Hyde. The AZ defense looked suspect against the Cowboys and they weren't on the field very long.

I still have a dilemma.

I want to go Dalton, but I already have AJ Green and Mixon in my lineup.... any suggestions?

Lol at least you have Carr. Start Carr and Dalton. I’m benching Cam untIl he shows me he can do something.

I’m legit starting dalton and cutler as qbs. Smh. 0-4 here we come.

Doomsayer

Lol at least you have Carr. Start Carr and Dalton. I’m benching Cam untIl he shows me he can do something.

I’m legit starting dalton and cutler as qbs. Smh. 0-4 here we come.

I was leaning towards Carr because I feel he will bounce back after the stinker he put up last week. Dalton is too tempting though.

Stay with Allen vs PHI

or

Hyde @ Ari

Thanks.

I believe Patrick Peterson will be shadowing Garcon so the only way I see the 49ers will be moving the ball if at all, will be through Hyde. What's funny is i'm starting both the Hyde and the Cardinals defense this week which I know will most likely be a terrible idea but oh well

Tom Nook

I still have a dilemma.

I would go with Dalton out of the three.

Rbk_3

So I figured it out.

Our leagues will be set to Sunday-Tuesday waivers, so all players go on waivers when the first game starts Sunday.

What it should be is Game Time - Tuesday waivers. That means players go on waivers when their games starts.

Tom Nook

I'm going with Hyde at my Flex with McCoy as RB1 and Ty at RB2...... :(

Now with WRs: Need two out of these Three (STD league)

Thomas vs Mia; London game....
Allen vs PHI
Hopkins vs Ten.

I also have Parker vs NO on the roster.

Currently, have Thomas and Hopkins starting.

Thanks.

So I figured it out.

Our leagues will be set to Sunday-Tuesday waivers, so all players go on waivers when the first game starts Sunday.

What it should be is Game Time - Tuesday waivers. That means players go on waivers when their games starts.

Interesting, you're right. Ours is set to Sunday-Tuesday, thanks for clarifying. Why treat Thursday games differently? Dumb

Can start three out of four:

McCaffrey (CAR) vs NE
Fournette (JAX) vs NYJ
Hyde (SF) vs ARI
C. Carson (SEA) vs IND

Know I have to start Fournette, no idea after that. Fournette and Carson have the juiciest matchups, Hyde is so explosive. McCaffrey will be one of like two targets left on the Panthers though.

Help?

ZOONAMI

Can start three out of four:

McCaffrey (CAR) vs NE
Fournette (JAX) vs NYJ
Hyde (SF) vs ARI
C. Carson (SEA) vs IND

Know I have to start Fournette, no idea after that. Fournette and Carson have the juiciest matchups, Hyde is so explosive. McCaffrey will be one of like two targets left on the Panthers though.

Help?

Cam can’t even throw so the bottom 3.

I dropped Golloday for Fuller. Golloday hasnt been worth a damn since week 1, and I dont see that changing. Taking a flyer on a bench spot that might turn out to be worthwhile is something.
I was kinda leaning that way myself especially since he’s been injured this week and hasn’t been practicing.

ZoronMaro

What's the best D to stream this week? I got the Cardinals and the Panthers, but was wondering if there would be someone better, but someone already took the Bengals.

ZoronMaro

Cards. JAX or PIT available?

JAX and PIT have both been taken since the beginning, I only have the Cardinals because someone dropped them last week (last on the waiver wire, but no one else was using their spot for a defense).

Cardinals should be fine at home against the 49'ers.

Guess I'll stick with them then, it's just I'm also probably going to start Hyde so that feels a little counter productive.

Crabtree not practicing today and questionable for Sunday.. balls.

Afternoon game too..

Here are my options from FA..

Mohamad Sanu.. but its 10AM so I'd have to start him and sit Crabtree no matter what.
Josh Doctson.. came out of nowhere but only has 1 catch (vs the Raiders) on the season.
Paul Richardson.. vs Indy.. had TD's last two games.
Travis Benjamin.. hopefully Rivers can throw to the right team this week?
Tyrell Williams.. same as above. But hasn't done much this year.

A couple more out there but those seem like the best of whats left.

0.5 PPR

Thoughts?

was going to wait sunday morning to cuff hyde but decided to just do it now

hopefully no one picks up crowder since he has a bye next week and has been underperforming so far(I believe he'll turn it around mid-late season, if not not a big loss)

Hyde being hurt made someone drop Witten in my league

Do I scoop him up right now or try to wait until Sunday for waiver free? I am hurtin' BAD at TE (I only have Doyle) and Witten seems dependable

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Hyde being hurt made someone drop Witten in my league

Do I scoop him up right now or try to wait until Sunday for waiver free? I am hurtin' BAD at TE (I only have Doyle) and Witten seems dependable
If you want like 4 points a game and a random td then witten is okay. Won't win you any weeks but who does right now. First two weeks are not going to continue to happen. I dropped Witten to pick Clay back up in my league.

woodchuck

Debating my flex. 0.5 PPR

Devante Parker vs saints in London Or Chris Carson vs colts.

I'm really worried about the London factor especially how much the dolphins have had to travel the last few weeks.

Tall4Life

Should I move Doug Baldwin to my bench? Not sure about his groin injury. I have Thielen, Snead, Higgins, and Funchess as other options.

Ptaaty

Ppr with a qb flex....filling a wr a qb and qb flex.

Keenum Manning Cutler. Diggs McCaffrey devante Parker.

I'm leaning Cutler and Manning and diggs. Both the former have great matchups. McCaffrey could be big..but NE could sell out to stop him.

Ptaaty

Should I move Doug Baldwin to my bench? Not sure about his groin injury. I have Thielen, Snead, Higgins, and Funchess as other options.

Standard? Normally this isn't even a question.

You start Baldwin unless there is a chance he sits. Thielen is the only real solid play otherwise. Diggs has slay matched up...and thielan has a solid floor and decent cieling...for the last 10 games...but limited td potential since moving to slot.

Top Bottom