• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Football Premier League |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

AcridMeat

Banned
Two weeks in a row I've had a defenseman on bench scoring a goal but substituting automatically to the lineup due someone not playing. Slowly rising up the ranks! The top seems to be nicely even.
Would have had a healthier lead if I had Pelle in...again. D:

Debating who to replace Wilson with. Wondering if I should try riding the Vardy train.

Grassy

85 points this week, pretty sure that's my highest ever score in the 8 years or so I've been playing Fantasy Football. It took a wildcard to do it though, stoked.

Mr. Sam

I once got over a 100 points. That was when Luis Suarez scored a ridiculous amount of goals against Norwich and I'd had the good sense to captain him.

Blackhead

Redarse
I have Barkley in my fantasy first eleven because I figured Everton is a good attacking team with no Europa League distractions this season. Lukaku is probably the first name on their team sheet (because no other options) but I think Barkley is actually their best player. More importantly his Fantasy League price is cheaper than Lukaku's.

Everton had a tough schedule to start the season but I stuck with Barkley and he did decently. Now they have an easy run of fixtures and I was hoping he'd reap the benefits starting with Sunderland who I know has a porous defence. I didn't watch the match but saw the final score and was elated that Everton scored 6 goals; surely Barkley was the star performer? Nope! Despite playing the full 90 minutes Barkley wasn't credited for any goal/assist. I watched the highlights and realized that Barkely was instructed to play deeper in midfield, in place of the injured McCarthy, primarily as a defensive midfielder** (where to be fair Barkley played pretty well and controlled the game). Kone playing in Barkley's usual position behind the striker scored a hattrick.
Kone — 20 points. Barkley — 2 points.
FPL. FML.

**defensive midfielders are the most undervalued players in FPL. They are a complete waste in any players squad :|

I scored 24.. In a slump at the monent, my team is to reliant on spurs, arsenal and city. (7/11 starting players). I'm fucked if they don't deliver. The team of thr game week winner is the most insane thing I've seen in fpl ever. http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2762172/event-history/21/

That bench boost luck, the guys team is worth less than 100mill also lol. We all get an extra wildcard in January so you could change your team around if you are struggling.

kottila

That bench boost luck, the guys team is worth less than 100mill also lol. We all get an extra wildcard in January so you could change your team around if you are struggling.

I'm not struggling when the good teams win. Just (hopefully) a fluke yesterday, but I'm planning on spending the next weeks on diverisifying my squad aka getting rid of de bruyne

flyover

I scored 24.. In a slump at the monent, my team is to reliant on spurs, arsenal and city. (7/11 starting players). I'm fucked if they don't deliver. The team of thr game week winner is the most insane thing I've seen in fpl ever. http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2762172/event-history/21/

Yeah, not a good last couple weeks for me, either. Fortunately, the average scores have been shit across the board, so I haven't dropped as far as I honestly deserve.
FoV2Efq.png

Meanwhile, that guy you linked to scored almost as much off his bench this week as I have from my active team in the last couple. And he jumped from 1.2M to 236k. Damn.

Addi

Yeah, last two weeks have been slow for most people I think. I felt I didn't do too well, but haven't lost any spots at least (8th in the GAF Classic League). City players annoy me, will get rid of them. I'm also getting doubts about the Mahrez /Vardy combo. Payet is insane though, I have to buy him again now that he is back :)

Blackhead

Redarse
Has everybody used up thier triple captain/bench boost?

what formation do you use every week?

I scored 24.. In a slump at the monent, my team is to reliant on spurs, arsenal and city. (7/11 starting players). I'm fucked if they don't deliver.

all three teams had tough matches this week. Don't let one round discourage you. Spurs have a nice schedule coming up, some 'easy' games in the next few rounds

I'm not struggling when the good teams win. Just (hopefully) a fluke yesterday, but I'm planning on spending the next weeks on diverisifying my squad aka getting rid of de bruyne

yeah de bruyne is no longer the main man at city now that silva, aguero are back and toure is on form. i think silva is even back on set piece duties which robs de bruyne of assists from corners. take him out

Addi

Has everybody used up thier triple captain/bench boost?

what formation do you use every week?

I haven't use any of those bonus stuff, waiting for potential double rounds to use them. If we don't get any double rounds, I might just use them to get some advantage on the finish line.

My formation has mostly been 3-4-3, my attackers almost always score and my defenders rarely keep a clean sheet, haha.

flyover

Hey, I won. Did I win last year, or was I second? I can't remember.

Will probably crack top 1K in the world.
Congrats! You did fantastic. Felt pretty good about breaking top 40k, especially considering I give myself weird self-imposed rules. This year, I could only bring in defenders/keepers worth 4.5M or less. Thank goodness for Wes Morgan and Jack Butland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom