• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Grizzo

The enemies in the new area are really tough, so be prepared. I went there as a Adept Paladin yesterday with the starting gear and got slain by a bunny rabbit. 😣

At least I got my shield skill grinded up to 8 just by blocking for a few minutes. 😥

Oh god I already almost get destroyed by all those shadow bosses in Cacto Cove so I better shape up if I want to be up to the task!

terrisus

Woke up, added some eShop credit, and downloaded this.
Huzzah!

I'm probably going to pass on the DLC for now, due to financial reasons, and because it doesn't seem too compelling.
Sucks that the multiplayer is split based on whether you have DLC, but I don't really do multiplayer that much.

Anyway, game is finished downloading...
Time to play! =)

Effect

Decided to go with the physical copy and will pick it up from Best Buy after work today. Thought might be buying the DLC right away due to the cost being so low and the added features at the beginning of the game.

-NeoTB1-

My copy is out for delivery. Yay! I'm still undecided on buying the DLC. I want to get a feel for the game before dropping more money on it.

Done, downloaded both the game and the DLC!

See you guys later. :)

zlCfzSk_KnEnTuG5M5

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmGvxRltA

zroid

Banned
Now that I have the game finally en route in the mail I should probably find out what the hell it's about, lol. My knowledge of the actual contents of this are meagre at best despite looking forward to it for years. *Reads OP*

Okay, my humble little cook and I are in. The character creation is so overwhelming that I only got to see a few minutes of the actual game. Looks really nice though :)

zlCfzSk_SygldbwJzd

terrisus

Now that I have the game finally en route in the mail I should probably find out what the hell it's about, lol. My knowledge of the actual contents of this are meagre at best despite looking forward to it for years. *Reads OP*

But that's the best way to go into a game.

Anyway, finally created my character!

Linius

Good to hear you can easily grind up your shield level with some stronger enemies. I've never cared for my shield at all even though my only fighting class is the paladin :p

Guess I'll do a couple of more things so I can hit Lv. 55 and then I'll unlock Origin Island. I'll probably be rather weak there, but it will be fun.

Rootbeer

Banned
Uuuggh!

So I ordered the game on amazon, and I have amazon prime. So i get release date delivery for free and I use it often.

Anyway in recent months amazon has been using USPS to deliver my games (previously it was almost always some other carrier) and last week I actually had a game misdelivered and had to get a refund.

So today, yes, my fantasy life order from amazon shipped... placed well in advance, so I should have release date delivery. right?

amazon.com says it is on track for delivery today. But when I put the tracking # into usps.com it tells me it is expected to arrive Monday. I'm trusting amazon to deliver, but if it doesn't come until Monday I'm going to be mighty pissed and I won't be ordering games there anymore. I could go to my nearest Target and pick up the game right after work and saved myself a lot of trouble :/

Kater

Banned
On a similar note, I started Paladin and reached God in a couple of hours, but my shield level sucked.

Then I blocked a few stone golems in Origin Island and I was smiling XD

trial3.png

Slightly later than usual, but here's part 3/4 of our multiplayer adventures: Trial of Light
Yeah, it works based on Damage blocked which is better than I expected it to be. I thought you would need to be hit a hundred times no matter how strong the opponent, turns out it is a bit more of a logical system.

Is that the tower in the video, the one from Orgin Island? It will take a while until I will try to take that on, first I have to get some ranks in my melee classes and make myself a fine armor as a Blacksmith.

Oh god I already almost get destroyed by all those shadow bosses in Cacto Cove so I better shape up if I want to be up to the task!
The enemies on the surface are probably up to par with the one in the cave. You should definitely come prepared. 😉

You can't, but the DLC is really small, it will take less than a minute to download it.
It's 2 "blocks" which is probably something around 1kb. That means the Origin Island DLC is already on the cart, the file you download just unlocks it.

Linius

That Trial of Light video gives me the idea I'm weak. I see one of you guys hitting between 290 and 350 and it still takes a while for the guy to go down. I hit with maybe 80/90 -ish. Will there be significantly better gear right when you start Origin Island? Because I think the Joyeuse sword is the best one for me at the moment as a paladin.

Is that the tower in the video, the one from Orgin Island? It will take a while until I will try to take that on, first I have to get some ranks in my melee classes and make myself a fine armor as a Blacksmith.
Yup, that's right. The enemies in the tower are much tougher than the ones outside. And the ones outside are (slightly?) tougher than the best non-DLC enemies.

That Trial of Light video gives me the idea I'm weak. I see one of you guys hitting between 290 and 350 and it still takes a while for the guy to go down. I hit with maybe 80/90 -ish. Will there be significantly better gear right when you start Origin Island? Because I think the Joyeuse sword is the best one for me at the moment as a paladin.
You will get better weapons/armours and recipes, definitely.

I would suggest ranking up Blacksmith so you can forge better equipment. You will get new recipes at God-in-training and God ranks.

-NeoTB1-

Uuuggh!

So I ordered the game on amazon, and I have amazon prime. So i get release date delivery for free and I use it often.

Anyway in recent months amazon has been using USPS to deliver my games (previously it was almost always some other carrier) and last week I actually had a game misdelivered and had to get a refund.

So today, yes, my fantasy life order from amazon shipped... placed well in advance, so I should have release date delivery. right?

amazon.com says it is on track for delivery today. But when I put the tracking # into usps.com it tells me it is expected to arrive Monday. I'm trusting amazon to deliver, but if it doesn't come until Monday I'm going to be mighty pissed and I won't be ordering games there anymore. I could go to my nearest Target and pick up the game right after work and saved myself a lot of trouble :/

Yeah, my copy was handed off to USPS too. I got a text from them saying it was on the carrier vehicle and out for delivery. Do you get text updates for your Amazon orders?

Trevelyan

Banned
Really, really excited to pick this up today. My Wife and I are excited to play together. Quick question those, can you trade items online? Or is anything you make/get only for you?

Linius

Yup, that's right. The enemies in the tower are much tougher than the ones outside. And the ones outside are (slightly?) tougher than the best non-DLC enemies.

I would suggest ranking up Blacksmith so you can forge better equipment. You will get new recipes at God-in-training and God ranks.

I'm a hero blacksmith at the moment so I'm on the right track.

Grizzo

Done, downloaded both the game and the DLC!

See you guys later. :)

zlCfzSk_KnEnTuG5M5

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKmGvxRltA

Woke up, added some eShop credit, and downloaded this.
Huzzah!

I'm probably going to pass on the DLC for now, due to financial reasons, and because it doesn't seem too compelling.
Sucks that the multiplayer is split based on whether you have DLC, but I don't really do multiplayer that much.

Anyway, game is finished downloading...
Time to play! =)

Have fun you guys! Don't hesitate to explore the overworld freely and not just follow the main quest!

The enemies on the surface are probably up to par with the one in the cave. You should definitely come prepared. 😉.

Oh geez! Time to toughen up!

La Poisse

Neo Member
I'm so ridiculously excited to try this. I'm a 30-year old grown-ass man and I'm literally considering going to buy it at the store because it might not get delivered today.

I had this ( along with the next 2 years of announced games ) pre-ordered with Best Buy when they did their 30% off pre-ordered games around E3, and while they've been pretty good with shipping on the day of release or the previous day, I usually get them on Tuesday-Wednesday, not Friday-MONDAY.

Chaos17

Really, really excited to pick this up today. My Wife and I are excited to play together. Quick question those, can you trade items online? Or is anything you make/get only for you?

Things you can't do in co-op :

- use link mode's chat
- use quick map teleport
- talk to NPC quest so be sure to take quest before going online
- can only trade through a chest at the guild
- you can't change job
- you can't advance in the story
- you can't use the hairstyler

Good thing about co-op :
- exp is shared
- each player has his own loot so no need to fight over loot. Only bounties are unique and up to 3 for all the party.
- You get more exp if all players kill the same mob.
- Challenges like killing X mobs are count for players with the quest.
- Bounties reward multiply with the number of players
- You can teleport to players within your online party with the map.

I started off as a carpenter. Is it worth it for me to go for a fighter class life a lot later or can I just focus on the crafting classes first?

Chaos17

Soo... What's the point of Link mode (not to be mistaken with coop multiplayer)? Just spam your friends with achievements or something else?

Pretty much that or if there is a chat option during Link mode, I didn't discovered it ^^;

I started off as a carpenter. Is it worth it for me to go for a fighter class life a lot later or can I just focus on the crafting classes first?

For the base game, I think you will be okay but I don't know about DLC because some materials will be in the tower.

Though, you can unlock a class combat just to get its weapon and go back to carpenter if you don't like the dagger.
Example, you can be a carpenter wielding a bow or shield if ya want.

JimPanzer

so if I mine while being a different job class than the miner, I still get exp for that class and can complete the challenges, right?

so if I mine while being a different job class than the miner, I still get exp for that class and can complete the challenges, right?

Most, save for the ones that require you to hand over an item while on that class. As long as the challenge doesn't mention that you have to be on that class, you're golden.

Trevelyan

Banned

Things you can't do in co-op :

- use link mode's chat
- use quick map teleport
- talk to NPC quest so be sure to take quest before going online
- can only trade through a chest at the guild
- you can't change job
- you can't advance in the story
- you can't use the hairstyler

Good thing about co-op :
- exp is shared
- each player has his own loot so no need to fight over loot. Only bounties are unique and up to 3 for all the party.
- You get more exp if all players kill the same mob.
- Challenges like killing X mobs are count for players with the quest.
- Bounties reward multiply with the number of players
- You can teleport to players within your online party with the map.

Bless you, I really appreciate this. Excited to get home and play!

Chaos17

1) You can still complete the challenges but not all.
There are challenges that are specific to your class so becarefull.
I would advise to change back into miner for any ore bounty.

2) Yeah, you will continue to receive experience for mining skill maybe not a lot as you will as a miner. This must be verified.

Today new password was posted on Twitter EU and France
NA friends, please chek your own twitter (I don't have it sorry)

B0uO3xcIEAMli4a.png

B0uPJ8GIQAApzPV.png

Uuuggh!

Talk to customer service. If you have guaranteed delivery and it doesn't happen, you have a right to be upset with Amazon. More, Amazon then has a right to be upset with the delivery service.

You still won't get your game on time, but Amazon has been pretty proactive in helping me out in these situations when the courier dropped the ball.

Zing

Banned
For those who are high level, do you feel it is reasonable to play through this game with multiple save slots, or is it more along the lines of Animal Crossing, where you want to focus on just one character? The game initially had only a single save, after all (multiple saves feature added with link expansion).

I was considering that I could play now and restart anew at Christmas with my daughter.

Grizzo

For those who are high level, do you feel it is reasonable to play through this game with multiple save slots, or is it more along the lines of Animal Crossing, where you want to focus on just one character? The game initially had only a single save, after all (multiple saves feature added with link expansion).

I was considering that I could play now and restart anew at Christmas with my daughter.

To be honest I don't really see the point in managing several save files because you can pretty much do everything with just one character (except playing as a girl AND a boy, obviously), whereas in Animal Crossing you're always running out of space so creating a second one is almost mandatory

Zing

Banned
I was thinking I'd have one character as my main, and another to use for play with my daughter. I wouldn't want to be too overpowered in comparison. She wouldn't be playing until Christmas.

Even if we did start playing at the same time, I'd clearly play much more often than her.

Grizzo

I was thinking I'd have one character as my main, and another to use for play with my daughter. I wouldn't want to be too overpowered in comparison. She wouldn't be playing until Christmas.

Even if we did start playing at the same time, I'd clearly play much more often than her.

oh well then in that case yes you can do that! The game is so addictive that redoing the same quests isn't gonna be boring imo.

Plus you can always choose to start some lives with your first save and save some of them to play with the second one :D

Linius

Think I'm gonna head out and just kill the nap dragon. Need to do it at some point. Should be an 'easy' one to start with. Only golden bounty I've had so far was the desert bird.

Chopper

Think I'm gonna head out and just kill the nap dragon. Need to do it at some point. Should be an 'easy' one to start with. Only golden bounty I've had so far was the desert bird.
Daaaw. Poor Napdragon.

Just heroed Woodcutting. Gotta go work on my Carpenting before continuing the story.

Chaos17

The feeling is different to switch lives from a high level character to a new character that you start from scratch. I've another save file with a moe character, that I plan to play without a combat class~

Started as a Mercenary, but I want to try other classes, yet I want to continue with Mercenary. Really enjoying it so far. I must say the opening wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be.

daydream

Banned
Started as a Mercenary, but I want to try other classes, yet I want to continue with Mercenary. Really enjoying it so far. I must say the opening wasn't nearly as bad as it was made out to be.

I love my FL bros but GAF tends to overstate the "horribleness" of tutorials. :p

Takes like 15 minutes to get up to Fledgling for a new job.

Top Bottom