• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Linius

Daaaw. Poor Napdragon.

Just heroed Woodcutting. Gotta go work on my Carpenting before continuing the story.

KOJDthw.jpg

And that's that.

Do we have a list of all 7 mysteries of the kingdom?

I have found two so far. :p

1. The king looks like a kid.
2. A rooster laying eggs, lol.

watershed

Banned
A part of me wanted to download this game last night but I didn't want to stay up playing and be exhausted for work today...so I'm downloading it tonight after work! Can't wait to get started.

gerudoman

Do you recommend upgrading your partner's stats every once in a while or focusing on your character instead? I don't want my partners to become useless with the time, but I don't want to spend points in a character I might drop when I meet other ones either.

Linius

Do you recommend upgrading your partner's stats every once in a while or focusing on your character instead? I don't want my partners to become useless with the time, but I don't want to spend points in a character I might drop when I meet other ones either.

You can play the game solo just fine. I've only used the latest NPC's you can take with you because they're the strongest ones and they are usefull for the heavy boss dragons, wraiths etc. Never upgraded their status either though.

Robin64

Yeyeyeyeyeye.

Bitch, I'm fabulous.

Sorry for the potato cam on the second one; don't know how to screencap.

Miiverse. :)

That's what I do anyway. Just post an image to Miiverse, then browse to it on the PC and link directly to the image. Works like a charm!

And welcome to the game!

Linius

Why am I being asked to make a Scarecrow as a carpenter, but have no such recipe?

You should talk to someone that belongs to the carpenter life at some place in Revera. I think the scarecrow recipe comes from someone at the Al Maajik workshop, but I'm not sure.

Btw, the Ferociousaurus is a hell of a beast.

Linius

2QquSZl.jpg

After the nap dragon I was like, why not eh

Which of the big beasts in the main game is the strongest? I guess I should be able to figh the golden dragon too now right?

Linius

Scraping together the ingredients to make myself a perfect Joyeuse. Only need a Celestial Leaf now. I finally have an axe to get one :D

gerudoman

You can play the game solo just fine. I've only used the latest NPC's you can take with you because they're the strongest ones and they are usefull for the heavy boss dragons, wraiths etc. Never upgraded their status either though.

I'll do so then. Cheers.

zlCfzSlBaos92Jdbdf

Finally got around to beating the Trial of Light, decided to respec and work on getting the other 6 Lives to God rank now. Magic's actually pretty fun!

Linius

Does anyone know if there's a schedule that ranks the best tools for each life? I'm wondering if the Rockcrusher Hammer is the best one I can possibly get in the base game.

Grizzo

Had the game for an hour and it's still running me through tutorials... this is becoming exasperating.

You have the choice to skip tutorials when you start a new life. I advise you to skip most of them (especially those where the game play is similar, like Cook or Tailor).

If you already dislike the tutorials, something tells me you're not gonna like the main quest
I'm not blaming you

Okay... all the NPC's are assholes so far.

Your landlord writes shit about you in her diary (so I felt no shame stealing her carrot soup).
The butterfly is a nosy bitch who fucks with you while you're sleeping because she wants to read YOUR mail.
You can't say shit to anyone because they're all to busy being Talky McTalkypants.
Pete is a lazy fuck.
The hunter chick reluctantly takes you on even though you'd think she'd be glad to make Pete piss off.
The King is a crossbow away from being Joffrey.
And my first real interaction with anyone other than Pam results in me being robbed.

I just can't wait to meet the next douchebag.

You have the choice to skip tutorials when you start a new life. I advise you to skip most of them (especially those where the game play is similar, like Cook or Tailor).

If you already dislike the tutorials, something tells me you're not gonna like the main quest
I'm not blaming you

I can cope with the main quest because if I get bored I can go somewhere else and ignore it for a while. Not being able to do anything but the tutorial is driving me mental. But it's over now. Thank god.

rvmxVOd.jpg

Set up my character during lunch. Got my CN points and downloaded the expansion.

A little disappointed at lack of class variety compared to Dragon Quest IX, which is what I'm hoping this game will be like, but then I knew that going in. Still have a feeling this game is going to eat up hours of my life and that I am going to be happy about it.

ehh I'm 5 hours in and still tutorials are coming, I have no problems with them if the NPCs just would come to a point a bit faster...

ugh.

This game sure is wordy.

They can cut all the fat in Fantasy Life 2. Better game, and faster localization. Everybody wins!

Yeah, it's pretty rare that this bothers me in a game but between the slow unskippable animations in the middle of conversations and the sheer amount of fluff, my first impressions are not very nice.

That said, now that I can wonder around a bit it's just as fun as I'd hoped.

Linius

At the start I tried reading everything. But once I realised it's mostly not so interesting I started clicking trough conversations as quickly as possible. I just keep to exploring, fighting, gathering, creating etc. Almost 70 hours into this game now. Still haven't opened up Origin Island since there's quite a few things I can do in the base game still and want to get done first. Lv. 56 now.

Chopper

I was about to lambast everyone for moaning about the tutorials, cos this game is awesome and you all need to get the hell over it.

Then I remembered that they bored the shit out of me too, and I actually put the game down for a couple of days just after starting, partly due to Smash releasing, but also because I was tired of all the talking.

But then I got the hell over it. They're never as intrusive as they are at the beginning of the game again.

Chaos17

Had the game for an hour and it's still running me through tutorials... this is becoming exasperating.

Don't do them all at once, just go have fun between some tutorials XD
The key of this game is all about : pacing!

Set up my character during lunch. Got my CN points and downloaded the expansion.

A little disappointed at lack of class variety compared to Dragon Quest IX, which is what I'm hoping this game will be like, but then I knew that going in. Still have a feeling this game is going to eat up hours of my life and that I am going to be happy about it.
They cut some jobs, they were supposed to 20 jobs out of the 12 we've.
Level-5 please release them as DLC *_*

I was about to lambast everyone for moaning about the tutorials, cos this game is awesome and you all need to get the hell over it.

Then I remembered that they bored the shit out of me too, and I actually put the game down for a couple of days just after starting, partly due to Smash releasing, but also because I was tired of all the talking.

But then I got the hell over it. They're never as intrusive as they are at the beginning of the game again.

Well that's good to hear at least.

By the way, what are all the advantages of a giant fish vs a normal fish? worth more dosh I assume. Anything else?

Don't do them all at once, just go have fun between some tutorials XD
The of this game is all about : pacing!

Do you mean doing all the lives at once? Cause I didn't. I haven't even tried other lives.

CrovaxPSO

Figured I'd buy the DLC before starting so I have access to everything possible from the start, $8 in my wallet, have to add $10 just to buy the thing for $8.99, Nintendoooooooooo

Chaos17

Well that's good to hear at least.

By the way, what are all the advantages of a giant fish vs a normal fish? worth more dosh I assume. Anything else?

Do you mean doing all the lives at once? Cause I didn't. I haven't even tried other lives.

Oh, I see.
I though you were unlocking them all xD
I don't remember the beginning to be that long... So you're problem were Flutter quests being too long ?

Oh, I see.
I though you were unlocking them all xD
I don't remember the beginning to be that long... So you're problem were Flutter quests ?

Just the entire check the mail -> meet the king, but first do X, Y, and Z -> meet your life teacher -> do their quest -> etc. etc. all with a million lines of dialogue. But now that I'm fishing in a forest with no dialogue all is right in the world.

Grizzo

Figured I'd buy the DLC before starting so I have access to everything possible from the start, $8 in my wallet, have to add $10 just to buy the thing for $8.99, Nintendoooooooooo

Can't you add the exact amount you're missing?

There's an option to do that right?

Chaos17

Just the entire check the mail -> meet the king, but first do X, Y, and Z -> meet your life teacher -> do their quest -> etc. etc. all with a million lines of dialogue. But now that I'm fishing in a forest with no dialogue all is right in the world.

Yeah, the beggining can be wordy but that will stop after that. The game won't spam you again until you advance in story or unlock new class. After 170 hours gameplay, I kinda miss it a bit because I don't have anymore story dialogs.

Geants fishes can be asked for quests but can't cooked though :(

CrovaxPSO

Can't you add the exact amount you're missing?

There's an option to do that right?

When you're buying directly from the eShop, yeah, but for some reason buying from within a game has never let me have the "add necessary funds" option.

Yeah, I checked from in the game and couldn't. I didn't actually buy it yet so I'll see if it's up on the eshop, but I think I read that it wasn't. Worth a look, though.

Alright, I explored that first forest area as much as I could. Fished up about 30 fish. Think I'm gonna put it down for a while and do some other stuff, but after that initial tutorial the game is exactly what I wanted it to be. Very happy with my purchase.

Top Bottom