• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fantasy Life |OT| Living the American Dream

Fmal

Banned
None of my friends that own a 3ds have any interest in this game. Is it still worth playing if I'd only be playing singleplayer?

Katoki

It shipped! \o/

Estimated delivery is October 31st though.
LLShC.gif

suzu

Just got the game, and was wondering if you could change your character's face later or is it permanent? Sorry if it's been asked before.

Grizzo

Yeah, I checked from in the game and couldn't. I didn't actually buy it yet so I'll see if it's up on the eshop, but I think I read that it wasn't. Worth a look, though.

I added the exact amount missing through the in game store so I can confirm that you can do it.

I'm gonna check it out again to tell you where to click!

Sammy: 3050-8898-2180

Can we please add each other? Let's try the Ally Mode!

http://fantasylife.nintendo.com/team-up/#/

szZAIE7.jpg

How To:

Do all the initial tutorials, and eventually (after the opening movie) you will meet an old dude in front of the statue. Now go to the Guild Office and talk to the lady in the middle to unlock the Ally Mode. Be sure to open the Connect menu in the touch screen and set all options to on.

UKfhb0o.png

pariah164

Yeah, I checked from in the game and couldn't. I didn't actually buy it yet so I'll see if it's up on the eshop, but I think I read that it wasn't. Worth a look, though.
I was able to add exact funds, IDK why ya'll couldn't.

Also, two hours in and I can't really do much of the Tailor challenges due to lack of materials. Guessing I should switch Lives.

Dunno if I'm lucky or unlucky.

DLC spoilers:
I got the Goddess set with 7 Lunares coins, but I'm a dude. It's cool that it's not gender-restricted, but I feel weird wearrng a dress XD

Anyone if you can trade Lunares coin items?

Zing

Banned
This game sure is wordy.

They can cut all the fat in Fantasy Life 2. Better game, and faster localization. Everybody wins!
Animal Crossing level of wordy, where every NPC has random, unneccessary chatter resulting in wearing out the B button? Or Golden Sun level of absurdity?

Grizzo

Also, two hours in and I can't really do much of the Tailor challenges due to lack of materials. Guessing I should switch Lives.

Yeah, I started out as a tailor too but quickly found myself stuck because of the same thing. Switch for something else
like I don't know, Hunter, which is the absolute best, haha

Added both of you, make sure to open the Friend Settings menu and connect!

yeah it's done but I'm not playing right now! Gonna turn it on pretty soon!

It's wordy for sure but a lot of the dialogue is clever and pretty funny in places. I'm having a hard time putting it down every time I pick it up.

Chaos17

None of my friends that own a 3ds have any interest in this game. Is it still worth playing if I'd only be playing singleplayer?
Yes, this game was designed to be soloed.

The co-op is just for having more fun.
Just got the game, and was wondering if you could change your character's face later or is it permanent? Sorry if it's been asked before.
DLC only.
An NPC will let you change everything except for gender and name for 150K
A mirror for 12 Lunares coins (that will be explained in the game) will let you do it too.

It's wordy for sure but a lot of the dialogue is clever and pretty funny in places. I'm having a hard time putting it down every time I pick it up.
Same, it's just that everybody has different taste.

Did you checked the shop ? It usually sell all you need.
If it doesn't then just unlock the merhant+.
Tailor is one of rare class that can buy everyhting without hunting it.
But that's kinda boring so you best bet is to go kill some sheep and worm to get their materials then reset the day to collect the materials around the town again.

So on the tips in the front page, what's the recommendation for those that did gathering lives tip?

I started out with Paladdn, just now got the option to switch lives. What's the recommendation? Go into the respective gathering lives and get to fledgling then go back to Paladin? Or how far should I take each gathering life if I'm only using them for gathering resources and the challenges the tips mention?

edit: nvm apparently the challenges are what ranks you up, so I could literally get the necessary skills from each gathering life and then switch back to Paladin. I'm also thinking of being a blacksmith.

How are mages in this game btw? I always tend to choose mages in fantasy RPG's, but I don't want to wear silly outfits. Thinking as doubling that as my secondary offensive class if I can use magic while a paladin, or a sword as a mage, we'll see.

Chaos17

So on the tips in the front page, what's the recommendation for those that did gathering lives tip?

I started out with Paladdn, just now got the option to switch lives. What's the recommendation? Go into the respective gathering lives and get to fledgling then go back to Paladin? Or how far should I take each gathering life if I'm only using them for gathering resources and the challenges the tips mention?

1) Simple, the limit will be made by the challenges.
Because at some point, you will not be able to do more challenges without having to unlock a new area by advancing the story. NPC will also tell you that you will need to go explore X zone for new challenges.

2) If you want to be independant as Paladin, I recommand you to have miner and blacksmith. So you could craft your own equipement. Blackmisth can require some material from different jobs but usually you can buy them at the merchant.

You can unlock the gathering classes, go back to Paladin and still be able to complete challenges from the gathering classes (not all of them but most of them). So you don't need to feel forced to be stuck as a miner if you don't want to and play mostly as Paladin.

zlCfzSk2hekqE6bYWO

Linius

I found that woodcutter/miner compliment blacksmith/carpenter/tailor. They all need each other to keep ranking up. For example at some point you'll be making a sword as a blacksmith, but one of the materials is a mangrove beam, something you make as a carpenter. Combine those five lives with one of the combat lives and you're set for an adventure in which you hardly have to buy upgrades like tools, weapons and armour because you gather and create everything for yourself. Plus items are also better when you make them yourself.

The game goes on by kind of opening up new areas as you go. You'll find out during exploring if you're under leveled or not. Once you notice it takes to much SP to cut a tree or mine some ore you know you either need to upgrade tools or you're just not strong enough yet. What also helps is that each rank also has specific item 'quests'. For example, if you're an adept miner one of the quests will be to mine ore 'x'. Then you'll know which ore belongs to which rank.

Oh and try to mix progressing the story with exploring the world and working on ranking up your lives. That way you can avoid having all the dialogue coming at you at once.

1) Simple, the limit will be made by the challenges.
Because at some point, you will not be able to do more challenges without having to unlock a new area by advancing the story. NPC will also tell you that you will need to go explore X zone for new challenges.

2) If you want to be independant as Paladin, I recommand you to have miner and blacksmith. So you could craft your own equipement. Blackmisth can require some material from different jobs but usually you can buy them at the merchant.

You can unlock the gathering classes, go back to Paladin and still be able to complete challenges from the gathering classes (not all of them but most of them). So you don't need to feel forced to be stuck as a miner if you don't want to and play mostly as Paladin.

That word is key. Sadly for some of the tailor items you have to become a master or even hero tailor to get them. Starry Linen and another one I forgot aren't for sale anywhere. That kind of sucks since I wasn't really interested in tailor, but now I have to in order to make the holy armour. So I can become a legendary blacksmith.

Grizzo

edit: nvm apparently the challenges are what ranks you up, so I could literally get the necessary skills from each gathering life and then switch back to Paladin. I'm also thinking of being a blacksmith.

I chose to focus on one single life, trying to get a Master or God ranking. I'd rather do that than just do a little in each lives. Of course you're free to do how you want.

But just so you know, if you try mastering the Paladin life (and beating the main quest), then it'll be much easier when you start a new life as a tailor, a cook or a blacksmith because you'll already have gathered enough material to do pretty much everything (well except for wood and minerals which require Woodcutting and Mining).

Anyway, don't forget to try every Life, that way you can stick with what suits you the best.

Grizzo

Question about the DLC:

My gf, friend, and I are all picking the game up tonight. My friend can't get the dlc right away, so we are all going to wait on it so we can play together.

When we buy it at a later point, it will just be added to our current games progress right? We won't have to start over or anything?

Also, is the DLC content for higher levels more or less?

Thanks. (Work needs to go by faster!)

No you won't have to start over, it'll just be added to your main save as if it had always been there all along.

Also the DLC is for post-game stuff. You won't have access to the DLC content until you've finished the main quest and reached level 50. But you can still download it whenever you want, even if you're far from having fulfilled those requirements.

Shikoba

No you won't have to start over, it'll just be added to your main save as if it had always been there all along.

Also the DLC is for post-game stuff. You won't have access to the DLC content until you've finished the main quest and reached level 50. But you can still download it whenever you want, even if you're far from having fulfilled those requirements.

Thank you! I just found some of the info, I should have looked more closely at the first post. Tried to remove it before anyone wasted their time on my ignorance there, oops. Appreciate the reply, good to know it is post game content.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
I haven't played too much yet, but I started with angler and got my character level up to 3. Hoping to play some more tonight.

Velcro Fly

I picked Paladin because they are always tough to kill in games. Game is really charming so far. Hoping to slay things later on tonight! :D

Impotaku

More like holy mercenary that just loves to fish mine & chop down trees lol.

Love the amount of armour and items you can find and make i also love the collecting aspect of the game as i like looking at all the great illustrations of each item & ingredient you find. Things are a lot nicer when it's not just a list of text plus like with DQ IX i also like that when you equp things you can actually see them on your character i hate it when you have an item and you equip and your character looks no different.

Chaos17

Okay... all the NPC's are assholes so far.

Your landlord writes shit about you in her diary (so I felt no shame stealing her carrot soup).
The butterfly is a nosy bitch who fucks with you while you're sleeping because she wants to read YOUR mail.
You can't say shit to anyone because they're all to busy being Talky McTalkypants.
Pete is a lazy fuck.
The hunter chick reluctantly takes you on even though you'd think she'd be glad to make Pete piss off.
The King is a crossbow away from being Joffrey.
And my first real interaction with anyone other than Pam results in me being robbed.

I just can't wait to meet the next douchebag.

We never said that this game is a (100%) Saint ^^
Some dialogs are just priceless is this game , lol.

Busaiku

$9 for an unlock code though.
Nintendo does not get enough flak for this.
We'd be storming Capcom servers by now or something.

But wait, this was Level 5's fault.
Hyrule Warriors is Tecmo Koei's fault.
Pokemon is Game Freak's fault.
Fire Emblem Awakening is Intelligent Systems' fault!

Mario Kart 8 DLC is great though, Nintendo can do no wrong.

Zing

Banned
In regards to the DLC, do lunares coins in general only appear after you activate the expansion at level 50? This is the only aspect of the DLC that is making me think I should buy it immediately. Otherwise, I am fine to wait until I finish the main story to see if I care enough to buy it.

Edit: I found a post saying lunares coins aren't even available until you beat the main story, so I guess that answers my question.

Top Bottom