• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Linius

Well that was annoying. On accident I entered a mission and I had to choose Amita or Sabal. I decided to run to a shop and all of a sudden I was outside the mission area and had failed the mission. Now I'm forced to watch about three minutes of cut scenes again :/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Well that was annoying. On accident I entered a mission and I had to choose Amita or Sabal. I decided to run to a shop and all of a sudden I was outside the mission area and had failed the mission. Now I'm forced to watch about three minutes of cut scenes again :/

The game has an utterly abysmal checkpoint system. I lost count of how many times I had to sit through that ~one-minute cutscene with the Kyrat Films woman. At one point I completed a karma event and saw the save icon, so I figured it was safe to save and quit. But nope. I had to sit through the cutscene yet again.

Here's a handy hint for any budding developers: Never, ever, ever place a checkpoint before a cutscene.

Linius

This is so annoying, Bahrals have gone extinct in my game. I need them ASAP because I can't loot anymore, everything I got is filled up. Need them for my wallet which is maxed out.

Thanks for all the responses, I'll pick it up sometime, it's just a matter of when. I really liked both 2 and 3 but I feel like I want something a little fresher to lay down 60$ up front. It sounds great though. So I've heard the world is great, but story is shit. Lol, that a fair a assessment?

I'm trying to unlock all of my skills, however to unlock 'soft landing' I need to liberate two outposts without being detected. I had only managed this with one outpost, so replayed another and completed it without detection.

However, this didn't unlock the skill as it still says I need one more undetected liberationl. Is this supposed to be the case or not?

EDIT: Got it fixed

The co-ordinates for the first one on my map:
X:245.6 Y:505.6
See if that works and i'll get the other co-ordinates of it does..

Fucking Ubisoft glitches & bugs strike again !

I only need one more trophy for platinum. It's upgrading all your skills. One skill is tied to completing two shangri-la missions. Problem is that shangri-la missions completely disappeared from my game !

I completed first shangri-la mission since it's mandatory, you also get first piece:

B3EbGrAIgAEYY5Q.jpg

But progress stats show no shangri-la missions done:

B3EbLp5IIAAP4M-.jpg

I tried everything save/quit, playing co-op, even reseting all outposts and nothing works : (

Maybe they are still there I just don't know where they are on the map... Can someone please post a screenshot of shangri-la missions/pieces on the map !
Maybe I can start them this way...

I only need one more trophy for platinum. It's upgrading all your skills. One skill is tied to completing two shangri-la missions. Problem is that shangri-la missions completely disappeared from my game !

I completed first shangri-la mission since it's mandatory, you also get first piece:

B3EbGrAIgAEYY5Q.jpg

B3EbLp5IIAAP4M-.jpg

I tried everything save/quit, playing co-op, even reseting all outposts and nothing works : (

Maybe they are still there I just don't know where they are on the map... Can someone please post a screenshot of shangri-la missions/pieces on the map !

Nothing better than trying to take an outpost and while you are scouting around seeing an elephant go on a mini-rampage when an enemy car gets a little too close. It charged the car to stop it then finished the job by picking it up and flipping it. I think I haven't even touched the story missions in about 5 hours because I just keep doing all of the other things available.

Plus I beat my first Pagan's Wraith convoy...3 trucks vs 3 mines...I win

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm having a similar problem with the races -- they were showing up on the map before I met with the Kyrat Films woman and disappeared thereafter despite the game saying they're now available. It seems I inadvertently triggered them somehow and when the game was supposed to make them available it disabled them instead, like a virtual on/off switch.

ecierif

B3EbGrAIgAEYY5Q.jpg

B3EbLp5IIAAP4M-.jpg

I think the first mission (the one you completed) is considered a campaign mission. It probably only counts the four optional ones that appear later. Maybe try talking to the guys who gave you the first mission. I've seen a guide that details how to reach the locations (this one) but don't have any screenshots. You could have an issue if the game hasn't "activated" the other quests. One of them is behind a door that I had encountered prior to completing the initial campaign mission, but it wasn't open until after I completed that first mission.

Thanks got it working this way !
I had the whole map explored but they were not showing on the map, they still don't. However it unlocked required skill.

Yes please post other co-ordinates.

nikos

Stuck on a campaign mission (10 or 11) that doesn't seem to have an objective marker. No real spoilers but marking anyway.

Looking for my father's old house, which is "East of Banapur" ie the entire map.

Any help would be appreciated.

The Cowboy

Stuck on a campaign mission (10 or 11) that doesn't seem to have an objective marker. No real spoilers but marking anyway.

Looking for my father's old house, which is "East of Banapur" ie the entire map.

Any help would be appreciated.

If its the place i think, your looking for a Y marker..

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
How do you switch the type of arrow heads? This game has so many controls, I often forget what does what after a while.

The Cowboy

Was thinking about trade the game in tonight, while Best Buy 50% bonus is still going on, but you've convinced me not to.
Not something really worth keeping it for, its quite a short mission and
your the only one naked
:p.
How do you switch the type of arrow heads? This game has so many controls, I often forget what does what after a while.
Whilst you have the weapon wheel up and have the bow equipped, it will show the buttons to switch arrows (on Xbox pad for example its Y and X)

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Whilst you have the weapon wheel up and have the bow equipped, it will show the buttons to switch arrows (on Xbox pad for example its Y and X)

Thanks. Any good use of these arrowheads, can you keep stealth if you use them out of sight?

nikos

Not something really worth keeping it for, its quite a short mission and
your the only one naked
:p.

Just finished it. Pretty fun mission. Probably gonna hold on to the game for a while, still having fun with it.

Joco

God this story is a chore to get through. Normally I don't skip cutscenes but I'm wishing I could in this game.

Otherwise the game is fantastic.

Gray Matter

Is something wring with co-op? Every time I select the join co-op it takes a few minutes then it tells me "an error occurred".

What gives?

Had a great chase trying to stop one of those couriers today. I was in the gyro copter and kept chasing him down a mountain throwing molotovs and shooting with a SMG. Finally got in close to get a grenade under the truck ending the great chase.

So fun.

Also riding a elephant into battle with a convoy...holy shit lol

Taking out choppers with explosive arrow tips is probably the most satisfying thing I've done so far. It's so awesome watching them spin out of control and explode.

I tossed some bait and a honey badger showed up. And damn, those honey badgers are much tougher than they look :/

4-5 arrows right? Anyone know a specific place where there's alot of those damn honey badgers? I'm missing them for my weapon holster.
(I haven't played much of the story mission as I'm hooked on the side quests, so I don't have access to much of the map.)

4-5 arrows right? Anyone know a specific place where there's alot of those damn honey badgers? I'm missing them for my weapon holster.
(I haven't played much of the story mission as I'm hooked on the side quests, so I don't have access to much of the map.)

I've seen them pretty much everywhere I've went...you'll know they are around because of the sound they make

Linius

Yeah I shot him one arrow in the head thinking that would be the end of the fight. Then he came up to me so I knifed him. Took me a couple of slices to get him down for good. And a deer that's like ten times the size of a honey badger goes down with one arrow.

Also blew up a rhino today. Saw one strolling down a road so I shot a few bullets with my AK47 at first. Wasn't the smartest idea. Three grenades did the job luckily :p

Top Bottom