• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

I should really push the story along to the second area. Story wise i am only at first mission after act 1.

I have just spent hours collecting shit!

SJRB

Gold Member
At the start of every game that has a money system we gamers struggle. But we always end up with a maxed out wallet and nothing to spend it on :p

That's true. At least there's the
Ghale Homestead
to spend a small fortune on.

Beefy

Ubi have said there is a mess up with the Blood Ruby dlc, they haven't sent most of the codes out. What I don't get is why did the go about the way they did? Getting a long code ro sign into Uplay, they then send you a code by email (haven't done for many). Why not do it like other companies do? Or are they that obsessed with Uplay?

JDizzv

Hey guys, what difficulty should I start this at for optimal enjoyment? Definitely not my first go round with shooters and I played FC3 a lot. Just want to make sure I have fun while being challenged as well.

Linius

Hey guys, what difficulty should I start this at for optimal enjoyment? Definitely not my first go round with shooters and I played FC3 a lot. Just want to make sure I have fun while being challenged as well.

Difficulty ain't much different form FC3 is my experience so far. So go from there I guess.

I'm a little frustrated here. I am at the first Outpost. I have 1 arrow, 4 bullets for my machine gun, and no sniper bullets. I also have no health packs or armor. I didn't realize this when I started the "mission". It won't let me cancel the mission and get health? I litterally have to work with one arrow and 4 bullets? Ugg... I guess there's no time like the present to take everyone out by sneaking up behind them.

Linius

I'm a little frustrated here. I am at the first Outpost. I have 1 arrow, 4 bullets for my machine gun, and no sniper bullets. I also have no health packs or armor. I didn't realize this when I started the "mission". It won't let me cancel the mission and get health? I litterally have to work with one arrow and 4 bullets? Ugg... I guess there's no time like the present to take everyone out by sneaking up behind them.

Do they spawn a shitload of enemies on you or can you be sneaky? Because if the latter is the case you'll only have to silently take out one to gather bullets if that's more your style.

I'm on normal and I wouldn't want it to be harder for sure. The missions can be difficult in that open world game way where literally 15 guys will be shooting you from every direction.

When you press start is there a choice for abandon mission? I had to abandon one where you have to destroy a helicopter and I didn't have a rocket launcher or anything.

The Cowboy

Man i love the Himalayas missions, especially the one to the peak (so gutted about the trip down though, i wanted to wingsuit it to the bottom :D). The audio of the snow storm on that mission going around you is great, and the fact my heating was off last night made it feel like i was there :D.

This is my fifth Far Cry (not including the original, unfortunately), and I went with normal. There's no reward for choosing hard, so I figured why bother?

It's been pretty easy in parts, but when I've been swarmed it's gotten challenging at times, too.

Strider

I should really push the story along to the second area. Story wise i am only at first mission after act 1.

I have just spent hours collecting shit!

Same. I bought all the collectible maps really early on so seeing all that stuff every time I pull up the map distracts me from the main mission.

This has been mostly what I've done at this point also lol. 16 hours in, still only played 11 campaign missions -_-

I've done 10 or 11 story missions with about 11 hours played I think. Most of the time I'm just getting collectibles, hunting, exploring "Unknown Locations", trying to take outposts, etc.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I did this last night "Flying somethings"

I hope in the next game you have a companion that can go fetch you ammo from the walking sellers or buy points. Like a dog or something that'll go sniff out ammo or attack dudes. That would be pretty neat and would help with that awkward problem of walking into a mission with no ammo.

I just need to find one more of the wheels and I'll have ten, but I haven't come across one in quite a while. I thought the map I bought would show them, but it isn't.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Peta does not approve of this post
Well I do not approve of PETA ;)

My girlfriend was quite upset at me last night for that one. That and me hunting down like 5 rhinos for a new wallet and heavy ammo bag and shooting down the odd eagle that would attack me.

Goldrusher

Ugh. Replaying an outpost ("Outpost Master") does not count towards that "liberate 2 outposts without being detected" skill point. :(

Thinking about getting this. How does it stack up to far cry 2 or 3?

Its mechanically near identical to 3. Personally I thought the environments were better in 3 on PC, but there are a lot of enhancements like big animals and rideable elephants, auto pilot vehicles etc and more types of enemies, vehicles and weapon types

you will find it harder to play 3 if you play 4 first, since 4 streamlines a lot of the mechanics of 3, like auto crafting syringes. however if you dont have a good PC to run 3, but have a PS4/Xbox one then get 4

Hugstable

Banned
So how are you guys enjoying FC4 (in couple of words). Thinking about picking it up after selling Unity next week.

It's actually amazing. This is my first Far Cry and I rarely play or get into open world games, let alone a Ubisoft one, but this is rapidly becoming one of my favorite games of the year along with Bayo 2 and Kirby Triple Deluxe. there is just so much to do in Kyrat, and awesome things are always happening.

how does one do this? please don't tell me I need to download some dumbass ubi app, or sign up for some ubi bullshit... please.

Just have to have a Uplay account linked to the platform you play on. You'll have to perform certain actions to get reward points then spend them to get the rewards. On the main menu just click "Uplay" and it should be pretty easy to follow.

Thinking about getting this. How does it stack up to far cry 2 or 3?

I'd say it's great. Also, it lets you find out that you had a deep inner hatred for eagles that you never knew existed.

I've been playing on PC and I gotta say, it's not that visually impressive even on the NVIDIA quality setting. There are LOD issues (radio tower base doesn't load from mid distance, top just floats, objects disappear a few feet from the character), shadow issues (very short distance of high quality shadows when set to Soft/Ultra, turns into a pixelated mess about 6 ft from character, relatively short range for shadow box, can easily see edges beyond which shadows no longer draw at all, it's also orientation dependent, so as you turn you can see the shadow box turning as well), noticeable pop-in (especially grass and stone steps while running up to the snowy tower area in the very beginning), not to mention all the framerate issues while travelling fast in a vehicle.

I also just got screwed out of my first cargo truck delivery because the game decided I needed to see the H guy (Hurk?) intro cutscene while driving by, seconds away from delivering it to the first outpost. After the cutscene ended, I was on foot with the cargo truck just gone.

I'm also not a big fan of the out-of-bounds bullshit if you try to leave the first radio tower area before doing a specific story quest. I thought this was supposed to be an open-world, go-where-you-want kind of game.

orava

I just unlocked the co-op. Can you play every mission, including the story ones, with your buddy or is it just the fortresses etc?

Goldrusher

ibpPelOhsNrDJL.jpg

iIOdXUCnTGv0m.jpg

ibofiDdEB4KHc3.jpg
lol

psychotron

So at the start menu, what's the difference between online and offline, besides the obvious? If I just want to enjoy the campaign would I choose offline?

Linius

If you like stealth you'll wanna unlock the heavy guard takedown too by the time you get to the stronger outposts with heavy guards.

Hamlet

So is it true Pagan Min is barely in it?

I've only got about 4 missions left in the story
and I would say I've only seen him for around 5-7 minutes at this point. Though he does talk to you a fair bit through phone calls after missions and during them.

Not sure if this is a 10/10, but it's definitely a solid 9/10. It's great and a lot of fun, but just feels like it's missing that extra little bit to get it to a 10. That, and I came across a huge glitch.

Said glitch occurred when I had cleared out an outpost in the top left part of the southern region. I did so, then went to get a car. Noticed a green herb, so I ran back and got it. Then, things started getting shitty. A black wall of sorts appeared, then disappeared and changed shapes. It was coming out of the hill, so I guess it was the beginning of a new asset? I don't know.

It kept changing shapes/sizes depending on where I'd move. I then fast-travelled away.

10/10 game for me. An absolute blast to play. The Shangri-La level just blew me away. The narration is pure authentic Hindi (with very few awkward pronunciations) Just cannot stop playing this.

You get your own house which can be upgraded, even get your own mini animal keep and mini-helipad

EWmof.gif

Top Bottom