• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Allforce

Is SharePlay disabled on this on PS4? I know it has it's own little built-in version of SharePlay but I only rented this so I didn't get any of the "keys" that come with the game.

I had a patch for this earlier today, anyone have the patch notes?

You playing on PS4?

I didn't receive a patch on PS4 but here is what is being fixed in an upcoming patch.

http://www.lazygamer.net/xbox-360/heres-whats-coming-in-far-cry-4s-next-big-patch/

Surprisingly PS4 is not suffering from these issues.

I heard that you can finish the game in 15 minutes during the first act of the game?
Any info on that?

It's an Easter egg

Just stay in the opening room for 15 minutes and Pagan Min will take you to an end sequence and credits will roll after that.

Goldrusher

Can you let us know what it does?

00mYcwr.jpg

6SkrlIV.jpg

Laekon

Maybe its just random but the update has the fan on my PS4 going full blast. I've never even heard the fan before this session.

witness

Wtf. I played for about 20 minutes getting skins for a couple of crafting upgrades and then making them. I then fast traveled and suddenly my crafting upgrades were both fucking gone. Turned it off and went back to dragon age. Really frustrating because otherwise I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.

Just finished the "Blood Ruby" DLC mission. For anyone that likes to take a really stealth approach it's a good mission. It takes you into the Himalayas so the only way of healing more than the normal way is from what you bring and whatever healing kits are around (which are very few).

Just finished the "Blood Ruby" DLC mission. For anyone that likes to take a really stealth approach it's a good mission. It takes you into the Himalayas so the only way of healing is from what you bring and whatever healing kits are around (which are very few).

yeah I really liked that mission.
getting out of there felt like a james bond movie

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Ah so you just collect the herb and the syringe gets added automatically? That's kinda cool I guess.
Yep. I waz confused at first too, but the game crafts them for you. You can keep gathering green plants after you've reached your syringe limit and the game will keep auto crafting syringes after you've used the ones in your inventory. This is just one example of a few of the player-friendly design decisions in this game that show some real game-design savvy. Simple but makes the game experience smoother and better.

TripOpt55

Loving the game. Not too many games I can just play for a couple hours without touching the story and have as much fun as I did with this. So much fun side content. Excellent game.

This game has got me hooked. I am not even playing the story missions. Having a blast doing side quests and just fooling around. GTA V, AC Unity and WWE are on the back burner.

eshwaaz

Yep. I waz confused at first too, but the game crafts them for you. You can keep gathering green plants after you've reached your syringe limit and the game will keep auto crafting syringes after you've used the ones in your inventory. This is just one example of a few of the player-friendly design decisions in this game that show some real game-design savvy. Simple but makes the game experience smoother and better.
That's great to hear; I thought they'd taken out the ability to craft your own health syringes from FC3. Odd that they don't tell you they now create them automatically, unless I missed it.

DirtyLarry

I am somehow almost 8 hours in and just 10 minutes ago realized I could use C4 and Mines. I had NO idea they were already unlocked. Amazing.

No bullshit whatsoever, this is easily one of my GOTY contenders, and it may very well be a runaway with no competition. It is easily the most fun I have had just fucking around in a game in a very long time.

It is very important to point out I no longer really have the luxury of fucking around in games. I just have extremely limited time to play video games so when I do play them, 95% of the time I just go full steam ahead and play the SP campaign without much deviation at all. The last game I really played in a lackadaisical manner was GTA V last year.

8 hours in and according to the game I am only at 10% completion. And I'll be damned this is the most fun I have had not doing anything at all.

My only "gripes" are:
  • Eagles. They are fucking cheap.
  • Armor is pretty much useless, as it is so easy to lose it quickly.
That's pretty much it.

What I really think the game does brilliantly and much, much better than most games is allows the player to figure shit out on their own without being too obtuse or cheap about it. Exploration and experimentation is encouraged in a natural way. There is so much to figure out yet it does not take a PHD to do so. That is not easy at all, and minus a few small things here and there, they really have done a great job of keeping it complex yet approachable.

Easily in my Top 3 GOTY contenders, and very well may be a very strong #1.
The best part about it all is I was second guessing my preorder all the way up to release day. I really thought I done fucked up and was deciding to support a potential dud. I was dead wrong, and that makes it that much better.

cheezcake

The Shangri La missions have to be the most BEAUTIFUL sections in a AAA game I've ever seen

jbfVHdu8XTIZPO.jpg

Stunning.

Edit: Goddamn PS4 and its low quality screenshots, gotta get some lossless PNG's up in here sony

Aces&Eights

My god, why did they have to put one of the later skills be something that you should do early on. Soft Landing requires that you beat 2 outposts without being detected, but by the time I got to needing that skill in the chain, the only outposts left have multiple hunters. I've been wrecking myself over the last 5 hours with nothing but failure since I'm so horrible at stealth, and now my only option I feel is to start this game all over, and if I reach that point I might as well just quit now. And you can't even do them in the Outpost replays. This fucking sucks..

Is there anyone thats hella good at the stealth sections in like MId Kyrat (early ones with Hunters) that could help me with using Shareplay on PS4. I really don't want to start this game over or quit it, but I know that I don't have or will never have the skill to be able to pull off no detections in stealth against enemies like this Hunters.

All you have to do for stealth on the outposts is circle around then with a bow. Stay OUTSIDE the area and remain in foliage. Mark all you can with your camera first and take out all low level ones first. If your arrow doesn't find its mark them back away until enemies return to their patterns. Just slowly take them all out one by one. Once all you have are heavies then go into post and cut alarms. Using the fire or grenade launchers well take out the heavy fast. If you have more than one them just stay outside and use bow. Land a shot them back away. Rinse and repeat. They go down after 4 or 5 arrows.

Nowise10

Started playing tonight, really enjoying it. Plays near exactly like Far Cry 3, but just fine tuned more, and other improvements. Which, I guess isn't bad as I loved Far Cry 3, but I feel like they could havent changed some stuff up alittle.

I've just been capturing Outpost for the last couple hours, instead of playing the campaign. Its so fun to play stealthily. Don'e all 10 so far without being detected.

SJRB

Gold Member
Why do the golden path rebels always have to shot at something?

You stay up and you here gun fire..

They have a nack of firing 1000 rounds of ammunition into the air to celebrate their victory.

Also - eagles. Eagles everywhere.

The DJ's comments about twerking are hilarious.

I just made it to
the north
, and have about 7 or 8 missions left. I'm hoping to finish them by this time tomorrow.

I'm having so much fun doing all sorts of different things that the campaign is taking a while.

The 0451

Neo Member
GOTY for me already. Such a beautiful game. 10 hours in & 25% complete. Love finding the crashed aircraft wrecks and sunken boats full of loot.

Top Bottom