• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

You can get some very early on in the game...
when you have to take out a den of wolves
...then you can buy them once you unlock the Trade Agreement (?) skill on the Elephant branch of them.
You have to unlock one of the skill in the Elephant side where you can buy explosive arrows and fire arrows from the trading post.

edit: beaten, yes it's Trade Agreement
Thanks, I've been focusing my upgrades on Tiger path, but now i'm going to make a B line toward the fire arrow upgrade.

Also, is your
fathers house
the only location that you can upgraded? Its been cool upgrading that place, especially considering the view... just wondering if there are more properties like that.

I'm aiming for 100% trophies, but the grind needed for the 'unlock all skills' trophy is making that unopened copy of Dragon Age get closer to the broken seal. Is co-op a good way to boost XP? Or the arena? Or should I just reset all outposts and go on a murdering spree? Please don't tell me I need to go and collect every single one of the many tedious collectibles on the map....

oh my god, the mission where you have to
clear out the airport
is impossible, I have been stuck on this for hours

I was finding it to be a pain,
but I just got a silenced sniper rifle for it. Later on, I jumped down and used other guns instead of sniping.

Still took a few tries.

I'm aiming for 100% trophies, but the grind needed for the 'unlock all skills' trophy is making that unopened copy of Dragon Age get closer to the broken seal. Is co-op a good way to boost XP? Or the arena? Or should I just reset all outposts and go on a murdering spree? Please don't tell me I need to go and collect every single one of the many tedious collectibles on the map....

do you know if you really have to get all 10 points in each of the last skills on the right tree to get the trophy? If you dont need that, I am almost done with all skills and am not even halfway through the story.

do you know if you really have to get all 10 points in each of the last skills on the right tree to get the trophy? If you dont need that, I am almost done with all skills and am not even halfway through the story.

I don't know for sure, but it certainly seems that way. I've popped around 75% of the trophies, beaten all main story campaign (and a few of the others, like the shangrila/reggie & yogi stuff) and I still need 28 points to max out the skill trees.

Etnos

Banned
At first I was felling bad about killing wildlife but not anymore, no real life wildlife is this much of a jerk... Those damn wild dog things would come out of nowhere always at the worst time, plus its the second time I got killed by a honey badger

psychotron

Picked this up tonight to take a break from the glitch fest that MCC has been. This game is beautiful. It's seriously the most stunning open world game I've ever seen. Gunplay is smooth and Pagan was introduced like a fucking boss.

The Himalayas sections are gorgeous.

15854447432_4445c55f0c_b.jpg

I haven't started the game yet. How long do you have to play before you can do co-op?

45 minutes till a hour

Rikyfree

At first I was felling bad about killing wildlife but not anymore, no real life wildlife is this much of a jerk... Those damn wild dog things would come out of nowhere always at the worst time, plus its the second time I got killed by a honey badger
Just have to give honey badgers a wide berth. Those bastards don't give a shit.

Laekon

So what guns are people using? I end up using the 87 signature shot gun and the grenade launcher the most. I round it out with a sniper rifle with silencer and assault rifle. I'm still working on unlucking one of the signature sniper rifles as they seem to be a big step up. The grenade launch makes some things to easy.

There's a bow in this game? Hell yeah! I was afraid that they removed it in favor of a crossbow. The bow is the best weapon for feeling like a badass.

katagai

So what guns are people using? I end up using the 87 signature shot gun and the grenade launcher the most. I round it out with a sniper rifle with silencer and assault rifle. I'm still working on unlucking one of the signature sniper rifles as they seem to be a big step up. The grenade launch makes some things to easy.

I'm currently using the "Stinger" SMG sidearm, recurve bow for stealth killing and the elephant gun for killing large animals quickly. My other slot currently is the "Shredder" SMG with silencer, but I'm finding it jumps around way too much. Up until then, I had been using the "Warrior" assault rifle.

Also just realized that my sidearm and 2-handed SMG probably share ammo, so I'll probably have to switch back to the Warrior or something.

please someone tell me you can get Snow Leopards elsewhere outside of the one mission in the mountains? I tried the force stealth mission about 15 missions in for an hour and couldn't do it. really annoyed me!

So... apparently there are weapons you can equip in this game that are hidden, and aren't listed in the Weapons Cache. Today I was doing a hostage rescue mission, finished it, and as I was untying one of the hostages he said "Thank you brother, I think you'll find something useful in the basement." So I look around and I find a small boarded-off area at the base of a hut, break the boards, go inside and there's something glowing on the table. It's a double-barreled, sawed off shotgun called D2. Pretty cool.

I did the "Blood Ruby" DLC mission last night and found a Z93 sniper rifle...didn't see that in the weapon list before or if it was there I never noticed it

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I did the "Blood Ruby" DLC mission last night and found a Z93 sniper rifle...didn't see that in the weapon list before or if it was there I never noticed it

That's awesome. Is it a good sniper rifle? The D2 is amazing, kill multiple enemies with it all the time with a single shot (the spread is huge).

Sojgat

For real though, is there weather DLC coming?

Are they planning to patch it in later, like Driveclub?

In 2014.

In this Far Cry game.

The Cowboy

Well there i was soaring majestically like an eagle (a nice eagle, not one of these in game mean buggers) in a hand glider, its going slow so i decide "I'll wing suit it the rest of the way, aww yeah", so i hit left click and detach and switch to wing suit mode and - the hand glider fell on me and killed me :(.

That's awesome. Is it a good sniper rifle? The D2 is amazing, kill multiple enemies with it all the time with a single shot (the spread is huge).

I like it. I haven't tried any of the other sniper rifles in the game so I can't compare it to anything. It did put down a bear with one shot to the body.

Opened my game for Co op on ps4 and an Australian guy joined. Told me to lie down on the ground and put my gun away or he will kill me and take my things. Does he think this is Day Z?

Man this game is a beauty to look it! I skipped out on Farcry 3 so I'm fortunately not burned out from the IP yet.

Saw two elephants swimming across the river and spraying water over themselves.It was a such a beautiful sight that I had to stop what I was doing and join them for a swim as well.

Wildlife wise, you really do feel like the bottom of the food chain when Bengal Tigers and leopards are prowling about. There is no such thing as safety in this game, and I love that the wildlife can attack you or others on a whim regardless if you're on a mission or not. Such unpredictability and sense of constant danger is what really sells the game. Good job, UniSoft!

GravyButt

This one rhino really kept pissing me off tonight. Bastard wouldn't stop chasing me. I decided c4 to the head was a good idea :)

Oh and the joy of grenade launching a distant honey badger is pure bliss. Seriously hate those damn things. Can't wait to get the flamethrower to use on them.

Ps: best way to take down a rhino? I need the skins for i think the wallet upgrade.

Top Bottom