• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

So my brother is on the Sabal mission where
you have to destroy the Opium farm.
How far is he? And when does he get the
mini-crossbow

So my brother is on the Sabal mission where
you have to destroy the Opium farm.
How far is he? And when does he get the
mini-crossbow

Around half way give or take a few missions. Could just check the progress page.
For the crossbow, it says on the weapons page what needs to be done.

Laekon

Had a great time with the Hurk mission involving an elephant. At one point you need to fight a bunch of guys coming in on trucks and atvs. I thought I was falling behind when all of a sudden a rhino gets involved and justs waste everything. One atv got launched off a cliff with 2 guys on it. Once everyone was dead it just went back to grazing.

I'm disappointed in the Nitro .700. It's just a shot gun that uses sniper rifle ammo. It doesn't seem to be more powerful than some of the shotguns.

SJRB

Gold Member
Can anyone tell me how far I am from unlocking the northern part of the map?

I just did the mission for Amita where I have to
defend the two statues, where the first one blows up as you arrive

Also, game has a remarkable amount of wave-based missions, with closet-spawning enemies and insta-alert triggers.
It feels very cheap at times, I don't like how the game forces you to go all-out action during most of the missions. I like stealth, damnit. Nothing pisses me off more than carefully taking out most of the guards and then just passing some invisible checkpoint where suddenly everyone is on high alert and waves of enemies come pouring in from all directions.

I don't remember Far Cry 3 being like this.

Hugstable

Banned

Also, game has a remarkable amount of wave-based missions, with closet-spawning enemies and insta-alert triggers.
It feels very cheap at times, I don't like how the game forces you to go all-out action during most of the missions. I like stealth, damnit. Nothing pisses me off more than carefully taking out most of the guards and then just passing some invisible checkpoint where suddenly everyone is on high alert and waves of enemies come pouring in from all directions.

I'm not as far as you, but for alot of missions can't you take out the alarms so that more enemies don't get called? Don't know how it gets later in the game

The only time I can recall having missions with waves of people are defence missions where you have to stop reinforcements while holding down the fort, all of which I have been able to do stealthly. I have only encountered this twice so far though. Just need to find a good hiding spot until they go from red alert into search mode.

Edit: actually more than twice. I forgot about the Longinus(?) missions.

The 0451

Neo Member
Not sure if anyone's already posted it but the description for the 'Hypodermic Needle' has a great Bioshock reference: "Filled with glowing liquid. If this were a failed underwater utopia, you wouldn't think twice about jamming this in your arm".

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yo wtf why do i have to download a 500MB patch after popping in the disc -_-

oh wait, ubisoft .. sigh.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Good game, not as good as 3,but still enjoyable.

It's also a tad blurry for 1080p, anyone else find it isn't that clear/sharp as other 1080p games?

Pretty disappointed about all the pop in too, and really bad textures - especially when climbing.

AlphaDump

Gold Member
this is exactly what i wanted from a Far Cry 3 "sequel". the amount of options and customization from the GUI and game settings to actual weapons is just absurd. not to mention gorgeous. i dont feel removed from the tropical setting at all due to the world design.

the metagame potential elevates it to GOTY for me. my one gripe is that is needs more difficulty levels. you can handicap yourself of course, but it would be cool to rambo the fuck out and see what you are made of against an "impossible" difficulty type.

So Im in the first mission where you have to select who to side with, Amani or the dude, so I side with her, but her mission sends me to a place that is "out of bounds".

Im stuck in the game, tried entering from many angles and I keep getting "out of bounds", please turn back.

What a stupid game design choice, what do I do?, I only want to play Main Missions.

Klocker

Today I started playing with the HUD entirely off except for the ammo indicator. It really makes the experience more immersive for me. I just use the menu map and set a way point for my next objective so the only thing on screen is the little white waypoint icon. You can still tag enemies but its more challenging to not see where they are on the mini map. It also makes exploring feel much more rewarding when you find something. I suggest trying it and see how it feels if you havn't. I personally can't go back now.

took you advice and I have to say while getting used to it still, it is pretty cool. hardest thing is finding green plants for health syringes but it really makes me feel like I'm rushing less and enjoying exploring the world.

also this game is huge... I have been playing for hours and hours , have very few main missions done and even very few side quests.. just so much content and they mostly are pretty rewarding and fun. also the escalation of difficulty seems to scale pretty well compared to the added weapons and tools.

really get a fc2 meets fc3 vibe from this. this is far from a re-skin. you can feel the attention to detail and desire to improve from this game.

Laekon

Using the bait to clear some of the early compounds makes that too easy. It's cool that it's a viable tactic though.

This stops working pretty quickly though. I tried it on a compound with two alarms and a tiger didn't even kill a single soldier.

So me and my friend liberated one of the Big fortresess on my map, then we went hunting for some animals to craft and after we finished he said none of the XP and loot went with him to his map. Is this normal?

Also notice that we stopped playing cause servers went down, that might have something to do I guess.

Mohonky

Finished the game, only had one or two side missions (the aqua coloured ones from liberating outposts and towers) I didnt do plus lots of little collectible shit that I never bother getting all of, but i got the absolute majority of the game done.

Really enjoyed it.

Got the best ending I believe.

Warning - end game spoilers

never killed anyone. Didnt like either Sabal or Amita in the end. Sabal turns into a preachy 'everything for the past and God blahblahblah' lunatic and Amita seemed like she was willing to do anything including turn all the historical monuments into trash and produce / sell drugs to maintain the economy which didnt sit right with me either.

In the end Pagan didnt seem anymore irrational. Not to mention Sabal and his 'all for Monan Ghale' stuff turned out to be a load of shit when you realise what a cunt he turned out to be.

In the end, killed no one, dropped off the ashes and lived happily in the hills.

Mohonky

How many Hurk missions are in the Hurk's Redemption thing? I've done 2 but his icon isn't showing up anymore.

Think there are 3 from memory. Possibly 4. One of them doesnt appear again until later after you have opened up the Nothern region and possibly further into the story. I cant really remember as I did everything possible while basically avoiding Golden Path and lettered missions.

Calderc

Think there are 3 from memory. Possibly 4. One of them doesnt appear again until later after you have opened up the Nothern region and possibly further into the story. I cant really remember as I did everything possible while basically avoiding Golden Path and lettered missions.

cool, thanks. Still haven't opened up the other part of the map so just have to wait!

Google

Not really.

How could they craft both a compelling single-player and co-op campaign mission without just ramping up the difficult/dude ratio.

If you know that Co-op is just everything else outside of the mainline story missions then you can just go fucking mental.

Which is exactly what I just did with a friend for a couple of hours this morning.

It's such a hoot playing the game with a buddy. Liberating camps. Hunting for secrets. Skydiving from mountain tops.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

Not really.

How could they craft both a compelling single-player and co-op campaign mission without just ramping up the difficult/dude ratio.

If you know that Co-op is just everything else outside of the mainline story missions then you can just go fucking mental.

Which is exactly what I just did with a friend for a couple of hours this morning.

It's such a hoot playing the game with a buddy. Liberating camps. Hunting for secrets. Skydiving from mountain tops.

Fun. Fun. Fun.
When in co-op do you have to be a certain distance from your partner, or can both go to opposite sides of the map? I haven't played the game so I don't know if there are area loadscreens (like in Borderlands) or if it's one huge area/map, no in-game load times.

Anyone figure out how to get the loot chest by the Sarjabit's Still (?) location? The marker says it's underground but I don't see any way at all to actually reach it.

People are saying the xbone version runs smoothly, but I am having tons of frame rate issues. Something I need to check on?

Shouldn't have any. Usually the game will drop a frame or do a small pause when it is loading up some larger asset. Other than that you should have 30fps 99% of the time.

Gray Matter

What the fuck? Co-op is completely broken for me. Literally every time that I've tried to join or create a co-op party the game crashes and sends me to the title screen.

Really getting tired of this shit.

Guy.brush

Not really.

Fun. Fun. Fun.

What is the incentive to play co-op? Your buddy only gets some inventory items saved right? All those outposts will not be marked as freed ín his game?

aro52

It is a hoot, but kinda sucks for Player 2, since they don't get credit for the liberated outposts and fortresses. "Join my game!" "No, you join mine!"

How do you pick the repair tool to use outside of the situations it's needed?...or is that not possible?

I keep forgetting I have grenades, molotovs, fire arrows, etc. I'm gonna start using those to change stuff up a bit. This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of this year. I was hesitating on whether or not to pick it up last week but I'm glad I did.

Well the repair tool is primarily used for fixing vehicles, so I first damage one and drive it close to the location that I'm going to. Fix the car like you usually would and keep the repair tool equipped after. The game will let you walk around the world with it still equipped and you can use it to set things ablaze; trees; bushes; people; and animals. Not sure about undamaged vehicles, but I did set a person on fire by using the repair tool at their head while they were in a vehicle..lol

Just be aware that once you switch it out for different weapon you'll have to find a damaged vehicle again to bring it out for use.

I can't even buy a bow in the trade shop yet. I'm using that flimsy wood bow that you can find laying around.

Ah, you're using the shitty "hunter" bow. You should unlock the modern "recurve" bow after a mission or two. Look on the lower part of the weapons tab in the shop.

The recurve bow has two scope mods available.

Top Bottom