• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

The Cowboy

OK that final level of Act 2 was great.

i knew
Willis would be a son of a bitch
, but that entire level was great - and to get to do the final part
wingsuiting from the top to the bottom whilst weaving around mountains, bridges and a chopper
was GREAT.

Fav campaign mission so far.

Edit.
And low and behold, the next mission is terrible, i bloody hate
these missions when you are stripped of your collected weapons and forced to sneak through an area and gradually gear yourself up again
:(

Just got to the first Noore mission. Frustration, is all I'll say. I keep getting detected, seemingly no matter what I do. Any pointers? :)

Focus on rescuing one person at a time. Once you have freed someone they stay free even if you get detected.

The downside is that enemies reset lol

Dalek

Just got to the first Noore mission. Frustration, is all I'll say. I keep getting detected, seemingly no matter what I do. Any pointers? :)

I hated that mission. Especially since
when you have to carry Paul out I would drop him to take care of enemies and on my 4th attempt I dropped him and he glitched through the floor never to be seen again

DrPizza

Banned
This game has none? No rain at all? Damn. I have it sitting here but haven't had a chance to play. Sucks if there is zero weather.

There is light snow in the north, but nothing that makes a substantial difference. The weather never turns nasty or anything.

SJRB

Gold Member
You people are crazy, City of Pain was an awesome mission.

Felt like a proper navy SEAL sneaking around in that compound.

Ogimachi

Just finished key to the north. Only mission I didn't like was
escaping from that prison. Can throw knives but not stab people? Ok, they're smaller than the khukuri, but what about the improvised hook I just used? Not being able to do takedowns was frustrating and the whole mission before finding the Z93 on top of the tower was more about patience than skill.

OK that final level of Act 2 was great.

i knew
Willis would be a son of a bitch
, but that entire level was great - and to get to do the final part
wingsuiting from the top to the bottom whilst weaving around mountains, bridges and a chopper
was GREAT.

Fav campaign mission so far.

Edit.
And low and behold, the next mission is terrible, i bloody hate
these missions when you are stripped of your collected weapons and forced to sneak through an area and gradually gear yourself up again
:(
Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about.
The fucking demons throw knives at the player, but you can't pick them up and use it against them? It made no sense, specially after the Shangri-La levels. It should've been easy for him to improvise some shiv in that prison.

Yo, this game has a Far Cry 2 reference?! :O

B3Lo5KsCcAAL4A5.jpg

Diamonds
B3LpIcTCIAEFZSC.jpg

on pc there is a button for the repair tool.
nothing on console?

Not that I know of. Ive tried all the buttons on the Dual Shock 4, including the dpad and touch pad. The game didn't come with an instruction booklet nor did it tell me how to equip again when I first used the repair tool.

That's pretty cool that PC gamers have the option to take it out on a whim! Unlimited fuel in a canister to set things on fire with..haha

Rikyfree

Not that I know of. Ive tried all the buttons on the Dual Shock 4, including the dpad and touch pad. The game didn't come with an instruction booklet nor did it tell me how to equip again when I first used the repair tool.

That's pretty cool that PC gamers have the option to take it out on a whim! Unlimited fuel in a canister to set things on fire with..haha
Go up to a damaged vehicle. There should be a prompt to repair it.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
What's the best way to hijack Royal Cargo trucks?

Id say fly around in a heli. makes it a lot easier than trying to drive everywhere.

Get in front of it and just spray the drivers side with a LMG. Get in truck and have it autodrive to the nearest outpost. Since the LMGs have an insanely high ammo count you dont need to worry about reloading plus they dont kick too much so its not that hard to keep it on target.

Kill anything that gets in your way.

Profit!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I'm playing campaign offline when all of a sudden...

Whats up with this? Is half the map locked until you reach a certain point?

Generally thats how Far Cry games are. 3 was like that also if you tried to ride to the other islands for the story.

How hard is the platinum? Looks fairly tame.
Not hard at all, I haven't got it yet but most are collectible trophies and will unlock in time.

There is only one MP trophy for finishing a public match for each game mode (3 modes in total), you don't even need to win, very simple. My worry would be the online community dying very soon, so get the MP trophy out of the way while you can.

I never platinum my games and this one looks doable to me. Only a few require co op play-don't know how I'll get those though. :(
I'm playing on the PS4 and would be happy to help with the coop trophies. Add my PSN: whassupbun, if you see me online, ask me to send you an invite so you will join my game as Hurk, you have to play as Hurk and liberate 1 outpost for a trophy, and you need the vehicle takedown skill unlocked for the other coop trophy, shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes top.

What's the best way to hijack Royal Cargo trucks?

Ram it off the road with an elephant so that the driver gets flung out of the window. Hope that the truck is still intact and drive it home safely. This is the best way, though probably not the most efficient.

I'm playing campaign offline when all of a sudden...

Whats up with this? Is half the map locked until you reach a certain point?

I go out of bounds during missions constantly. I wish they would just more clearly define which tiny sliver I can be in of the giant open world.

mf luder

I've just bought the game and its on the way to me. I've read there are choices you have to make like siding with someone which determines what the mission is, does it make much difference who you choose? Is one choice better than another?

I've just bought the game and its on the way to me. I've read there are choices you have to make like siding with someone which determines what the mission is, does it make much difference who you choose? Is one choice better than another?

It mostly determines what your next story mission is. I don't think it affects gameplay beyond that in any way.

Osahi

Played 9 hours +, haven't reached the end of chapter 2 yet. Just causing mayhem and doing sidestuff keeps me too busy. (I freed a big chunck of the map for instance)

Yesterday I head the time of my life chasing a convoy of three armoured jeeps (the ones with the skull symbols on the map) with the helikopter and bombing them to hell with the grenade launcher from the air. Dudes never knew what hit them. Started quite a forest fire too.

I love this.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
impressions time. Rocking the last-gen (PS3 version) here.

- First, I would like to start by saying that I'm immensely enjoying the game world, ESPECIALLY the ambient dialogue, considering i'm a native urdu/hindi speaker, which is spoken by the natives in the game. Hearing all these classic curse words in my native language is just bliss :D

Hearing random guys yelling equivalents of MFer trying to find me, awesome.

- Second, having ridden in the back of a lot of rikshaws, finally getting to drive one down hillsides .. sooo awesome.

- About the game itself, it's definitely a better PS3 version than Far Cry 3. Frame rate during cinematics is around 20-24ish, since there is a V-lock there. But game play tears to maintain frame rate, which I'm A-OK with.

- Speaking of frame rate, can't help but feel the game is generally a lot better performing than FC3 was on PS3, better frame rate, more responsive controls and best of all, no dithered shadows. They fixed the shadows.

- Aim assist is VERY generous, its almost Call of Duty levels now, and i'm noticing that using scoped weapons automatically puts the aim-assist right on a target's head. Its almost like Red Dead levels of aim assist generosity.

- On the flip end, the draw distance seems to be pulled back noticeably compared to the next gen versions, I did the same mission Giantbomb did in their quick look just an hour ago, and while everything mechanically is exactly the same, during the hanger flight, most of the horizon in my game was white fog gradually fading into view.

- The game is very impressive for old-gen, but obviously can't hold up against next-gen visuals. Still I'm very surprised at how the game is running, this is especially impressive because i played FC3 on PS3 just a few months ago, and that game was almost ALWAYS playing with a jitter and bad response on controls.

I like this game. It lets me drive rikshaws and i'm being called a motherfucker in my native language. Couldn't have asked for more :)

ps, PS3 version (and all versions in extension) had a hefty day 1 patch, can't imagine how the game must've been without the patch, but at least its in a very solid working state. You've redeemed yourselves a bit ubisoft, congrats.

Every time I shoot an animal's cage when liberating an outpost, the animal doesn't attack the enemy AI, it just runs off. Is this a glitch, or...?

Every time I shoot an animals cage when liberating an outpost, the animal doesn't attack the enemy AI, it just runs off. Is this a glitch, or...?
Are there hunters in these outposts? They'll quickly tame any freed animals so they won't attack. Kill all hunters before releasing captured animals or throwing bait.

Yeah, there were two of them. I didn't realise they could do that. Thanks for letting me know. :)

No prob! Take a look at the animals in your camera to tag them... If they have the crossed arrows above their head they are under the control of a hunter. Once they escape or enter an outpost a hunter will usually find them pretty quickly. My first targets are now hunters.

Randam

Did the mission where they introduce the karma system to you this morning.
While being at karma level 8 already. Lol.

Beat it this morning, but I still have co-op to try. Every time I tried to connect, I couldn't find anyone or something screwed up.

I love this game and can't wait for the DLC.

5/5 and GOTY

nOoblet16

I just saw the GT review and something that bugged me a lot, I noticed this is the preview videos that surfaced around when the game was revealed or such. It's that the pronunciation of the character is completely off, it's not even close to the actual pronunciation. His name's Ajay Ghale, which is pronounced as Aa-jaye Gha-lay ...instead most (including the developers !!) just pronounce it AJ Gayle lol. You'd atleast expect the devs to get the names of their own characters right...heh

It's not even a difficult name, I myself have an Indian name which is more complex than this and no one ever has had any issue pronouncing it right. Is it the same in the game? ie. the pronunciation for Ajay is just AJ.

Leb

I just saw the GT review and something that bugged me a lot, I noticed this is the preview videos that surfaced around when the game was revealed or such. It's that the pronunciation of the character is completely off, it's not even close to the actual pronunciation. His name's Ajay Ghale, which is pronounced as Aa-jaye Gha-lay ...instead most (including the developers !!) just pronounce it AJ Gayle lol. You'd atleast expect the devs to get the names of their own characters right...heh

It's not even a difficult name, I myself have an Indian name which is more complex than this and no one ever has had any issue pronouncing it right. Is it the same in the game? ie. the pronunciation for Ajay is just AJ.

Or, you know, he was raised in America and consequently goes by AJ, but, you know, whatever.

I noticed that different characters would pronounce it differently. It could just be that the natives pronounce it properly.

cheezcake

All the natives of Kyrat pronounce it properly, only the non-natives pronounce it A-J which makes sense to me.

What I've found weird, but cool, is there are certain sections in the game in which large chunks of the dialogue are in hindi. I can understand it which is why I think its cool but surely the native language spoken in this game should be Nepali?

Maybe there's just a lack of VO's who speak Nepali so they went with Hindi

DSmalls84

For anyone trying to grind arena rep to unlock the Bushman, try playing community arena. Each game is limited to 3 rounds and you get bonus exp. Seems to net you a lot more exp than endless in a shorter amount of time.

nOoblet16

Or, you know, he was raised in America and consequently goes by AJ, but, you know, whatever.
So even for the surname then ?
I live in Britain and people don't really have issues pronouncing my name but whatever lol
All the natives of Kyrat pronounce it properly, only the non-natives pronounce it A-J which makes sense to me.

What I've found weird, but cool, is there are certain sections in the game in which large chunks of the dialogue are in hindi. I can understand it which is why I think its cool but surely the native language spoken in this game should be Nepali?

Yea I guess, but I also think Kyrat is more of a mix between Nepal and North/North east India rather than completely Nepal. Beside people in Nepal can usually speak Hindi too. And then there's the bit about Hindi speakers being easier to find.

Rizsparky

Isnt Kyrat fictional? Is so they can speak what ever they want to :p

Has anyone encountered an issue on Xbox One, when you pause the game and turn your system off (in standby). Upon turning the system back on and un-pausing the game there was a pronounced judder (similar to dropping frames). It would not stop until I completely quit the game and reloaded (even fast traveling would not work). I don't know if it was a bug or not, but I am just putting my system in Energy Saver and just completely reload Farcry 4 every time to potentially avoid the issue.

Anyway, here is a couple of clips I recorded. The first showing a guy moon walking after saving them during a Karma Event: http://xboxclips.com/DestiniesReqium/96463e6d-fab2-45d7-ba92-44439b3d1fb0

The second, just barely surviving a Rhino attack. My brother was briefly watching me play (he hasn't played it yet), and I was like "Oh, I do need Rhino Skin" just prior to it attacking me. My brother was laughing his ass off the way it was ramming me: http://xboxclips.com/DestiniesReqium/d22604cd-6698-4c32-8e89-705d8ea594f2

shiba5

Anyone else have a bug where the vehicle takedown skill never unlocks? I've done 3 of the Kyrat racing quests, but the skill still says I haven't met the pre-req.

Top Bottom