• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Randam

Well the repair tool is primarily used for fixing vehicles, so I first damage one and drive it close to the location that I'm going to. Fix the car like you usually would and keep the repair tool equipped after. The game will let you walk around the world with it still equipped and you can use it to set things ablaze; trees; bushes; people; and animals. Not sure about undamaged vehicles, but I did set a person on fire by using the repair tool at their head while they were in a vehicle..lol

Just be aware that once you switch it out for different weapon you'll have to find a damaged vehicle again to bring it out for use.

on pc there is a button for the repair tool.
nothing on console?

Gray Matter

Ah, you're using the shitty "hunter" bow. You should unlock the modern "recurve" bow after a mission or two. Look on the lower part of the weapons tab in the shop.

The recurve bow has two scope mods available.

I didn't even know there were more weapon in the bottom. I was going mad asking where were the RPG and flamethrower.

Thanks!

vypek

on pc there is a button for the repair tool.
nothing on console?

No, you can repair on console as well. If the vehicle is damaged, approach it from the front or back and hold square. The repair tool will be taken out and you can fix the vehicle. Don't do it from the sides or else you will just enter the vehicle.

EDIT: Playing on PS4, I've run into plenty of glitches. Some are fine but others are frustrating when they really mess up. I've had times when my throwables would not come out, lack of a reticule when aiming a gun, the letterbox bars staying on top and bottom of screen and overlapping information, touch pad re-enabling on new play sessions, or the game not accepting input during autodrive.

Still a solid game overall.

Gray Matter

The fights between the wildlife are awesome. Just saw a tiger kill a bear, the tiger then came after me and I blew away with a shotgun blast.

The Cowboy

The Ripper is glorious, silent, big clip, fast rate of fire and a good scope - it really does rip people to pieces :D. Also, doing the 1st airport mission and scoring headshots with the bow on every sniper = greatness :p.

Can't believe I've put in 16 hours 55 minutes already and i still haven't left the south, such a fun game.

ezekial45

Banned
Does anyone thing happen when you find all the Yalung masks? I love the bits of story that come with each discovery. I'm hoping there's a payoff for finding them all.

I was teasing a bear by driving slow on an ATV. He chased me down a road which happened to have a few pedestrians walking along it. He mauled about 5 people along the way. I loved hearing them scream bear then hearing the bear roar.

I was teasing a bear by driving slow on an ATV. He chased me down a road which happened to have a few pedestrians walking along it. He mauled about 5 people along the way. I loved hearing them scream bear then hearing the bear roar.

I did the same kind of thing yesterday. I was trying to get up to a higher point and ran into a bear and enemy troops. They seemed lonely so I decided they should meet each other.

Does anyone thing happen when you find all the Yalung masks? I love the bits of story that come with each discovery. I'm hoping there's a payoff for finding them all.

from someone on reddit regarding all collectibles

"Just finished collecting everything and...nothing. Just experience and stuff. If you already have maxed out skills and stuff the collecting becomes pointless asides from completing everything."

cheezcake

"Just finished collecting everything and...nothing. Just experience and stuff. If you already have maxed out skills and stuff the collecting becomes pointless asides from completing everything."

That's disappointing, but sounds like an obvious DLC setup

vypek

Thats a shame. Since there is a story behind the masks I thought it might lead to something.

By the way, whats a good way to deal with wildlife attacking me? I currently use the flamethrower as its pretty quiet and drives away groups of animals coming after me. Is there a better option?

Con_Smith

Banned
Just picked this up for 2 bucks today and I gotta say for cross gen game is pretty nice looking. Is this just more of 3? Heard there are diff endings, does that mean alternate story beats and choices?

Just picked this up for 2 bucks today and I gotta say for cross gen game is pretty nice looking. Is this just more of 3? Heard there are diff endings, does that mean alternate story beats and choices?

No idea on endings but there are some missions where you have to pick a side and that effects what plays out afterwards

No, you can repair on console as well. If the vehicle is damaged, approach it from the front or back and hold square. The repair tool will be taken out and you can fix the vehicle. Don't do it from the sides or else you will just enter the vehicle.

I think he means that on PC you don't need a vehicle to pull out the repair tool, you just press the Y key and it's equipped.

Was fighting in the arena and somehow I became invisible to everything. Enemies, animals etc. I could go around and knife everyone freely and it persisted between matches. It wasnt until I got hit by an explosion that suddenly they can see me now.

vypek

You have hold fire before releasing it otherwise the arrow will drop short.

Can you tell me how to use the recurve bow with the ranged line scope. I have no idea how to use that thing but its keeping me from going back to the bow

Was fighting in the arena and somehow I became invisible to everything. Enemies, animals etc. I could go around and knife everyone freely and it persisted between matches. It wasnt until I got hit by an explosion that suddenly they can see me now.

Thats pretty awesome. I spent a long time in the arena getting to rank 10 and it took quite some time. Only glitch I saw was when one of my enemies was walking around in the air

The Cowboy

Can you tell me how to use the recurve bow with the ranged line scope. I have no idea how to use that thing but its keeping me from going back to the bow

Stolen from FC3, it the same with FC4.

If the 0 marker is on the enemy’s head, and if the 100 marker stops at their feet they are 25 meters away.

If the 50 marker is on the enemy’s head, and if the 80 marker stops at their knee they are 50 meters away.

If the 0 marker is on the enemy’s head, and if the 50 marker stops at their knee they are 80 meters away.

If the 0 marker is on the enemy’s head, and if the 50 marker stops at their feet they are 100 meters away.

Once having found the distance to the enemy, simply line up the proper vertical distance and launch the arrow.

For example, if the enemy is estimated to be 25 meters away, place the enemy between the 0 and 50 meter marks on the sight.

If the enemy is estimated to be 100 meters away, place the enemy along the 100 meter mark on the sight.

You can do what the guy above said, or just point the 0 marker at the upper torso and fully charge the bow. Instakills most enemies from stealth.

Forget bow headshots until you get the autocrossbow. (at which point you might as well just deck out one of the later sniper rifles with a silencer and ditch bows in general, tbh).

Is the story any good guys?
Surprisingly so. If you read the letters, diaries and pay attention to the npcs, it is actually... good.
Not as subtle as FC3's, tho. Guess the writer didn't want any asshats saying that he was making shit up to cover his ass this time.

Laekon

For all the fun animals can be they have also been the bane of my existence. I had to restart a compound 4 times because of wildlife. The first two times a honey badger attacked me while trying to sneak in. I changed sides and tactics but the other two times it was a wolf pack that attacked and drew the guards. I even tried baiting the honey badger towards the compound but a guard dog came out and ate the bait. The 2 were just a few feet apart but wouldn't attack each other.

Gray Matter

Just did the mission where
you have to protect the statutes from being blown up
and it was fun. Using the RPG to blow up the helicopter was very satisfying.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Surprisingly so. If you read the letters, diaries and pay attention to the npcs, it is actually... good.
Not as subtle as FC3's, tho. Guess the writer didn't want any asshats saying that he was making shit up to cover his ass this time.

Well... He was.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just got to the first Noore mission. Frustration, is all I'll say. I keep getting detected, seemingly no matter what I do. Any pointers? :)

Violater

I've done 15 out of the 32 and I like them. No two have been the same so far.

It's sort of just a problem with the genre, but it's a lot of people asking you to go to a place and do a thing for them. The missions themselves are more varied.

Thanks, not having a lot of time to game lately and I'm trying to decide on what to pick up this week.
My short list was FC4, Lords of the Fallen or GTA V

Zeth

I just did the first option of 3 rounds over and over to get to level 5 for the trophy
That's what I've been doing - seems to slow down quite a bit after rank 5. Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing a more efficient method.

Going for assault rifle unlock btw. It's the top tier AR with a silencer.

jgminto

Well, I just beat the game and that was an incredibly disappointing ending.
I sided with Amita and spared Min. It feels like there should still be one or two missions left to do. Storming his compound was an incredibly dull final mission too. It boiled down to me standing in three areas and shooting all the dudes before I walk up the hill, shoot some more dudes and a helicopter. Min is meant to be the main antagonist yet he got the worst mission of the four leaders and then he just delivers a few lines, elaborates on a plot element that was not explored enough and leaves. I didn't even get to see what effects my actions on the future of Kyrat.
Is that really the entire ending or is there more if I complete all of the Longinus and Hurk missions I still have left?

saunderez

It's sort of just a problem with the genre, but it's a lot of people asking you to go to a place and do a thing for them. The missions themselves are more varied.
Isn't that pretty much any game though? You can pretty much distill all recent releases to that formula when you think about it.

Top Bottom