• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Hugstable

Banned
Co-op trophies are easy. Thanks for the help Hugs. Sucks about the party chat... PSN sucking as usual :/

Yeah I still don't know what's up on my end to where I couldn't hear your mic. Thankfully everything for coop trophies were easy, hardest part was actually finding a enemy car to do the passenger vehicle takedown!

vypek

The mission where I have to
free three slaves
might be the worst thing I've ever played all year which is a shame because this game is fantastic.

It's like the developers designed a Splinter Cell level but put all the resources into Far Cry 4 and put it in first person. I have never been so angry at a mission than I have with this sack of shit.

Fuck.

Also the enemy AI is INCONSISTENT AS FUCK, in regards if a silenced weapon is fired at someone and kills them instantly. Holy shit what the fuck is wrong with this?

That was by far the most frustrating mission for me so far. I wanted to just drop the controller and walk away. Thank goodness for the check points
when you free each slave

Beaulieu

That was by far the most frustrating mission for me so far. I wanted to just drop the controller and walk away. Thank goodness for the check points
when you free each slave

heh just a few pages ago, ppl were saying it was their favorite mission : )
I like it

vypek

I like it

It was admittedly a very cool concept but when it comes to being stealthy within the same location/floor level it gets so much more difficult for me. I hate that enemies would go crazy in searching for me when it came to missing a silence shot. And once a wild animal that I called to attack killed one of the
slaves I was trying to free. lol
The number of enemies was hard for me to manage but eventually I pulled it off.

Woo-Fu

Banned
how do you clean kill a rhino?

With a bow while riding an elephant. Rhino can't get to you on the elephant. You're going to need a lot of arrows.

I think it is quicker to just hunt them with a sniper rifle. Headshots are a 1-shot kill. Sure it is only 1 skin but you can kill them much much quicker.

vypek

About to do mission number
and I don't know
whether to choose Amita or Sabal. I know both are bad already but not sure what I want to do. They're both already awful and not sure who I should back.
Should I just continue on with the previous choices I made or do something else? I know I won't be able to go back and choose something else without replaying the game

Joco

The M-79 is my top weapon, even after unlocking numerous signatures. And for a sidearm it's absolutely unbeatable. The game has been a cakewalk ever since I got it early on.

vypek

So what is "better" to choose? I'm just sitting in the pause screen right now

A
child solider and drug nation that can grow when I take down
Pagan Min

or

a nation that is ruled by a jerk with antiquated ideas and lack of freedom for many citizens as well as no way to sustain itself
?

Interesting, when I finished the game yesterday I got no cutscene with
Amita
. Only one with
Yogi and Reggie
after the end credits. It was pretty jarring to not have any story resolution for that aspect. Could it have been because I skipped the actual credits?

Dalek

So what is "better" to choose? I'm just sitting in the pause screen right now

A
child solider and drug nation that can grow when I take down
Pagan Min

or

a nation that is ruled by a jerk with antiquated ideas and lack of freedom for many citizens as well as no way to sustain itself
?

I didn't sweat these decisions much because they're purposely written to be imperfect solutions either way. Ultimately I didn't feel drugs were the key to a prosperous nation though.

DrPizza

Banned
Interesting, when I finished the game yesterday I got no cutscene with
Amita
. Only one with
Yogi and Reggie
after the end credits. It was pretty jarring to not have any story resolution for that aspect. Could it have been because I skipped the actual credits?

The post-main credit sequence takes place elsewhere. Sabal's is at the temple. Amita's is at a village I think in Northern Kyrat. Entering the locations triggers the cut-scenes.

i tried taking down De Pleur's fortress on my own just to see what it was like. all i did was lay low on a cliff and snipe everyone. i made sure not to be seen so they wouldn't sound the alarm. it was pretty easy even though the game says it's very hard and recommends co-op.

also, does this game have a new game plus option?

I like it

It's garbage. All the missions with instafail parameters are trash in a game like this.

Otherwise the game seems pretty decent even though it's a bit too samey for me to pay full price for.

vypek

Hmm... I'm intrigued. I wonder what the super secret is.

I could post my theory in a spoiler tag if you are interested in what I think might be it.

I didn't sweat these decisions much because they're purposely written to be imperfect solutions either way. Ultimately I didn't feel drugs were the key to a prosperous nation though.

Yeah, thats true. Thanks. I just realized that I can
kill them both. One in a mission and one after an ending cutscene (I think).
Neither person seems like they would lead to a prosperous nation. Well I guess the path Amita wants would lead to financial success but still. I just wish there was an ending in the game where I didn't feel everyone was using me and that there was a "good" choice to make.

EDIT:

If you let Pagan live, you can shoot down the helicopter. Looting his body gives you a pen that was a gift to him from your mother.

Well that was my theory so I guess its right. I'll be doing this tomorrow when I get to the last mission.

foxdvd

Finished up my platinum of this game. Easily my favorite game this year outside Last of Us.

Even though it was fantastic, and improved on a lot of the annoyances of the last game, I still felt some things were off....many of these things have been pointed out already.

Animal attacks are too frequent. I know what they are trying to do, but it sort of looses the open world randomness that makes these sort of games work when every animal has a hard on for you at every opportunity. I wish it was more random, or if you approached young animals or their den...or maybe when you were up in the cold and they might be hungry.

Enemy AI with stealth. Why is it when I kill a guy and his body is found, every enemy on the map instantly runs/walks toward my position? They would not know where I was, and would actually start fanning out looking for me in real life. It would have been much better if they had just been put on high alert and spot you quicker when a body was found.

Un-FUCKING-Skippable cut scenes. Enough already. I am playing your game for 30 hours. I am enjoying myself. You want to compare your work to art, and you are proud of what you did...but give ME the choice. It is one of the reasons I like playing video games. If you are going to force me into another scene where I carelessly allow myself to be overpowered or knocked out, at least give me the ability to skip the god awful scenes that follow. Even TV shows and movies allow me that.

I actually did love the game...and so much of it was brilliant. As far as open world games like this go it had very few flaws and so many highs.

Soo is my game glitched?

(mild spoilers)
I did the first mission where you have to choose between getting intel or defending the outpost (I chose the guy's), did a few of the crazy preacher missions, did a couple Hurk missions, and spoke to the little girl by the lake, got drugged and all that...
but I don't see any more primary mission markers anywhere on my map. And I can't head north across that bridge because it says I need to do more campaign missions. I've already liberated a couple strongholds as well. I'm playing on PC if that matters. I'm scanning my map and I don't see any primary icons anywhere :(. I googled and I don't see anything.

vypek

Soo is my game glitched?

(mild spoilers)
I did the first mission where you have to choose between getting intel or defending the outpost (I chose the guy's), did a few of the crazy preacher missions, did a couple Hurk missions, and spoke to the little girl by the lake...
but I don't see any more primary mission markers anywhere on my map. And I can't head north across that bridge because it says I need to do more campaign missions. I've already liberated a couple strongholds as well. I'm playing on PC if that matters. I'm scanning my map and I don't see any primary icons anywhere :(. I googled and I don't see anything.

I'm pretty sure there should be another mission to go to
after talking to Bhadra near the lake.
Look for any letter on the map. It could be A, S, and L might progress a mission sometimes too I think. I don't think two khukri will always be the mission to go to. At the worst, quit out and jump in the game again. I don't recall having a problem at this part

I'm pretty sure there should be another mission to go to
after talking to Bhadra near the lake.
Look for any letter on the map. It could be A, S, and L might progress a mission sometimes too I think. I don't think two khukri will always be the mission to go to. At the worst, quit out and jump in the game again. I don't recall having a problem at this part

I've looked and looked. I never had an A or S pop up after I spoke to Bhadra. I only had H, L, and Y. I've done all those and now nothing. Damnnnn this makes me sad

vypek

I've looked and looked. I never had an A or S pop up after I spoke to Bhadra. I only had H, L, and Y. I've done all those and now nothing. Damnnnn this makes me sad

You did H, L, and Y missions? I know the first Y mission is meant to unlock something in the story but if you have none of those on the map then it sounds like its a glitch :/

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I watched a bear and Bengal tiger duke it out for a few minutes. The tiger won.

I took both their pelts.

You did H, L, and Y missions? I know the first Y mission is meant to unlock something in the story but if you have none of those on the map then it sounds like its a glitch :/

Yep, seems so. 15 hours in and this happens :(.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know where I could download a save file close to before the "Sleeping Saints" mission by chance? I'm searching for one but they are all fake files so far.

vypek

Yep, seems so. 15 hours in and this happens :(.

I know it's a long shot but does anyone know where I could download a save file close to before the "Sleeping Saints" mission by chance? I'm searching for one but they are all fake files so far.

Sorry to hear that. Restarting the game doesn't change anything? And just to be clear, you completed the arena mission, right?

Sorry to hear that. Restarting the game doesn't change anything? And just to be clear, you completed the arena mission, right?

Yeah, and then I did the trippy drugged mission as well. And a couple of the blood diamond ones, and then the Hurk/elephant one. I've tried signing out, in, deleting my saves and resyncing with Uplay, nothing. Thanks for trying to help at least.

vypek

Yeah, and then I did the trippy drugged mission as well. And a couple of the blood diamond ones, and then the Hurk/elephant one. I've tried signing out, in, deleting my saves and resyncing with Uplay, nothing. Thanks for trying to help at least.

No problem. Sorry to hear about the glitch of your game so deep into it. Hopefully you can find a good save file. After the arena the next mission should have been available. I can't think of any reason why the mission wouldn't be available.

DrPizza

Banned

The Y is the campaign mission. Bhadra talks to you about the Ghale homestead, and the first Y mission is the homestead. I found that deeply confusing at first, and I think the game should use a regular objective marker for that.

I think it should open up a Golden Path mission (symbol: Golden Path logo, *not* a letter).

The Y is the campaign mission. Bhadra talks to you about the Ghale homestead, and the first Y mission is the homestead. I found that deeply confusing at first, and I think the game should use a regular objective marker for that.

I think it should open up a Golden Path mission (symbol: Golden Path logo, *not* a letter).

Omg I feel so dumb. Yep that was it, guess my brain thought the symbol wasn't anything special and I put it off and forgot about it. False alarm haha. Thank you for the help people :), much appreciated

This is FPS of the year for me. Fantastic game

Loving this so far, and it seems gigantic. how long is a fairly thorough single playthrough taking people? not necessarily platinuming it, just seeing everything?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I watched a bear and Bengal tiger duke it out for a few minutes. The tiger won.

I took both their pelts.

Yeah, that shit is awesome.

I saw a royal bengal lion taking on around 4 wolves, the lion fucked the shit out of them.

Also, one of the outposts had a caged elephant, i shot the elephant cage, the outpost called reinforcements, but the elephant pretty much took out around 20 guys and i was just crouching in a nearby set of bushes.

The ambient AI in the game is awesome.

With Halo being a shit show and getting a refund on it...

Can anyone tell me if the Xbox One Digital store version of FC4 is the "limited" edition with the extra missions that you can still get physically at the stores?

Rikyfree

Yeah, that shit is awesome.

I saw a royal bengal lion taking on around 4 wolves, the lion fucked the shit out of them.

Also, one of the outposts had a caged elephant, i shot the elephant cage, the outpost called reinforcements, but the elephant pretty much took out around 20 guys and i was just crouching in a nearby set of bushes.

The ambient AI in the game is awesome.
It really is. My favorite animal interaction so far has been watching a honey badger chase off a pack of wolves. Love those little shits.

Enemy AI with stealth. Why is it when I kill a guy and his body is found, every enemy on the map instantly runs/walks toward my position? They would not know where I was, and would actually start fanning out looking for me in real life. It would have been much better if they had just been put on high alert and spot you quicker when a body was found.

This. They totally fucked up the stealth in this game compared to FC3. Before there was a forgiveness to the stealth that let me react to being spotted without fault of my own. Now everytime I try to "infiltrate" an outpost and miss a bow shot, everyone knows where I am and sound the alarm.

Also, I'm more thgan 10 hours in and I'm still not capable to chain a knife kill after a takedown, my favourite stealth move of the previous game. I keep trying to do the old move and I keep failing.

Aces&Eights

Just opened up the North. Time for bed. So far, I am really loving the trippy missions in part because of the pretty colors but goddamn, Martinez did such a great job with the music. That makes two songs I have bought for private consumption. Hate the two stoner dudes but look forward to that pink and purple sky with that twangy instrument and guitar going on.

Worst mission (aside from autofail) is
the one where you are captured and stripped of all your gear and have to sneak out with no weapons. Lawd, I hate that shit. At least let me break necks! Hell, I even got a throwing knife but I can't use it to cut throats? What?

But, all in all, the game is outstanding. Great attention to detail. It's the small stuff that really sucks you in.

Sojgat

Still can't redeem my pre-order codes.

I will take this as Ubisoft essentially telling me to never pre-order one of their games again.

Message received.

Top Bottom