• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Any tips for farming XP? I've done every outpost/fortress with the exception of Min's. I'm currently doing the propaganda quests (on the last one) and will go for the Kyrat Films after but will I inevitably have to reset the outposts?

I'm 28 hours in - still need the two online campaign trophies (hurk mission, passenger seat hijack), the arena (i've grinded up to just under level 3) and the skills trophy. I still need around 20-25 skill points though and it's a real slog.

Did you complete campaign and shangri-la missions ?

Otherwise play some co-op and liberate bases/outposts.

Hm maybe I got so much more skill points because I mostly liberated outposts and bases by being undetected using stealth.

Linius

If you've discovered Ajay's summit house yet, where you find the two potheads vacating, there's an option to a build pig pen on the property. I haven't done it myself, but I specifically recall seeing it in the list of additions that you can build within that property on the summit.

Didn't even know you can build stuff. I believe I unlocked that location with the second bell tower I did. I'll check it out when I'm gonna be playing tonight.

Aces&Eights

Just finished the "Advanced Chemistry" mission and holy crap what a great soundtrack to it. Found the guy who's song it is: Punjabi MC and the song is called "Jogi"

Great song for such a trippy mission. Immediately bought it on Amazon.

The game has surprisingly good stealth. I am a beast with my recurve bow. I am to the point where I can eyeball up to about 150M. Taking over bases and doing missions with 100% stealth feels so good.
I gotta hand it to Ubisoft, this game is really, really well done. From the landscape to the wildlife, it oozes atmosphere. Martinez just hit it out of the park with the soundtrack, too. The missions are varied and fun and the "trippy" stuff is not lame but actually, well, fucking trippy.

It is just amazing that this game came out of the same developer who made Unity. I know Kiev was responsible but the differences in quality is just night and day.

Anyway, just about wrapped up the lower half and going to take on the upper half of Kyrat. Sounds like it's a lot tougher so looking forward to some good bow kills and mayhem if the mission goes south....which it often does!

Aces&Eights

Might just use the flamethrower as my primary weapon now.

I think I have a bug with mine. I'm trying to get the "kill 15 people with fire" trophy and I have set many o men ablaze with the thing but it won't activate. Either I am really bad at counting or they are committing suicide before they burn up.

cheezcake

Arena grinding GAF, get the Arena Master app. Really simple game and gets you a crapton of arena XP which carries over to your actual game, just got from level 5-6 in ~5 minutes.

So easy to just tap a few buttons here and there with netflix on in the background :p

Edit: Can make about 1300xp a minute, Bushman here I come

Hamlet

I think I have a bug with mine. I'm trying to get the "kill 15 people with fire" trophy and I have set many o men ablaze with the thing but it won't activate. Either I am really bad at counting or they are committing suicide before they burn up.

The trophy is actually for killing 50 enemies with fire so that might be why it's not popping up for you yet.

ducksauce

Arena grinding GAF, get the Arena Master app. Really simple game and gets you a crapton of arena XP which carries over to your actual game, just got from level 5-6 in ~5 minutes.

So easy to just tap a few buttons here and there with netflix on in the background :p

Thanks, I knew about the poker app that earns you money but not this one.

vypek

Can you not re-do outpost liberations and get the no detection status (trying to unlock all skills)?

Just did it, the guards found dead bodies but didn't ever see me... it said I wasn't detected but the skill still needs two 'no detection' statuses to unlock. I did this through outpost master though (re-played the outpost).

No, I believe that way doesn't count as its just for extra fun and getting a high score. If you want to get the two undetected but have run out of outposts to use, you can reset all outposts and do one of them again.

:/ Do you know how much time I wasted getting better in the arena to get to rank 10? I'm happy I have the bushmaster but it took so much work. I didn't even know there was a companion app

Calabi

Is there something wrong with my game or is it normal for the animals fur to wobble like some weird psychedelic pattern?

Did you complete campaign and shangri-la missions ?

Otherwise play some co-op and liberate bases/outposts.

Hm maybe I got so much more skill points because I mostly liberated outposts and bases by being undetected using stealth.

It's possibe - in Far Cry 3 i managed to liberate most of the outposts using stealth, but I found them much more difficult this time around - I would always trip up at some point and get detected.

I'll keep on with the remaining side quests and see how much xp that brings. Do I get XP for my character if I play as Hurk in someone else's game?

Sp33Demon

WTF? Really??? Having put in so much time I know that death or harm can come at any time but was not expecting a death like this. Game is fun as hell but they turned up the random events a bit too much. I could not have been more safe in stopping to gather the leaves.

http://youtu.be/ftzZ9d4adAQ

WTF? Really??? Having put in so much time I know that death or harm can come at any time but was not expecting a death like this. Game is fun as hell but they turned up the random events a bit too much. I could not have been more safe in stopping to gather the leaves.

http://youtu.be/ftzZ9d4adAQ

Same thing happened in my first random karma encounter except for allies instead of me

I saved some allies, who cheered and gave me money. they then, 1 by 1, starting crossing a road and each got killed by a car driven by other allies. seperate car for first person and second person.

THEF3AR

The parts involving the demons of Shangri-La are actually pretty fucking scary. Them guys twitch around and your heart beats faster and faster as they get closer. Plus, they make these weird demonic sounds. It's nerve racking!

Strider

So whenever I fast travel to the Khilana Bazaar outpost there is always a buzzer right outside the base... Anyone know if there are there anyfast travel locations that always spawn a buzzer?

I want to know what the post-main quest Sabal cut scene is. Amita's is... unpleasant. I'm assuming Sabal's is no better.

Amita scene is
kidnaping & recruiting children to fight and work on drug fields right ?

I went with Sabal and
you find him at the temple cutting throats and executing ''unbelievers''
Then I killed that religious fanatic.
Doesn't matter who (Amita/Sabal) you choose they are both shit.
Let's talk about the ending(s).

Too bad there's no cutscene or option for you to take over and rule kyrat.
And at the end when you find the truth about your parents (if you spare Pagan Min) there is no feedback on this revelation..... it's like oh by the way your father killed your half-sister and your mother in return killed him. Also Pagan went insane after that.
Pagan Min is such great yet completely underused character.

And game story would be far better if you could join Pagan like in that alternate ending/beggining.

Also I found Paul:

screenshot

His ringing cellphone is next to the cage and the guard is pissing on it : D

He is near that first village where you start.

Didn't even know you can build stuff. I believe I unlocked that location with the second bell tower I did. I'll check it out when I'm gonna be playing tonight.

You'll need to complete
Yogi and Reggie's first mission which introduces you to Shangri Lal
before you're able to evict them from your home. I believe you gain access to this quest in Act 2. You'll then see a merchant outside the house who sells upgrades for it.

M.Steiner

Still got a way to go in the game but I'm loving what I've played of it, one of my favourites so far this year I'd say (still got a couple of others waiting to play like DA:I).
Having to run it with just the 1 GTX 970 atm though as even when making SLI changes to the profile in nvidia inspector I do have some issues (burned in effect is still there for example but the crushed blacks seem to be gone). Hoping Ubi fix that shortly but I can get by with the 1 card for now.

Zeth

Hell yes. Unlocked the Bushman after grinding the arena for a few hours. Now I need some quick money because I'm broke and can't afford it yet. Just bought that top tier convertable sniper rifle which is pretty badass.

Goldrusher

So whenever I fast travel to the Khilana Bazaar outpost there is always a buzzer right outside the base... Anyone know if there are there anyfast travel locations that always spawn a buzzer?
Pretty sure the forts all have one.
Utkarsh (in the north) is a regular outpost that has two.

IIRC all fortresses also have one.

Amita scene is
kidnaping & recruiting children to fight and work on drug fields right ?

I went with Sabal and
you find him at the temple cutting throats and executing ''unbelievers''
Then I killed that religious fanatic.
Doesn't matter who (Amita/Sabal) you choose they are both shit.
Let's talk about the ending(s).

Too bad there's no cutscene or option for you to take over and rule kyrat.
And at the end when you find the truth about your parents (if you spare Pagan Min) there is no feedback on this revelation..... it's like oh by the way your father killed your half-sister and your mother in return killed him. Also Pagan went insane after that.
Pagan Min is such great yet completely underused character.

And game story would be far better if you could join Pagan like in that alternate ending/beggining.

Also I found Paul:

screenshot

His ringing cellphone is next to the cage and the guard is pissing on it : D

He is near that first village where you start.

Eh, better to be left wanting more than to have a character overused.
I felt that, with all the comments, the secret ending and the like, we got enough Pagan for one game.
kinda hoping that they add a "get rid of the golden dawn" mode following the secret ending tho

Also you could see the reveal about mohan coming if you read the diaries. Dude's journey was almost as fucked up as the one of Roberts. I kept thinking that the sis would be Amita. Nope.

And seriously, poor Roberts. Dude got shafted hard.

I want more Mr. Chiffon :(
Gotta be fierce!

shermas

Playing on Xbox One and it's taking FOREVER to save and load my game.. anyone else having this issue? Worried that I'm about to lose all my progress or that my file is going to corrupt.

Really amazing game, one of the top contenders for GOTY for me and I'm still not done. Sad that it got crunched into such a busy window (GTA5 DA3 SSB) and has the Ubisoft taint on it, I'm sure that deterred a lot of people from it.

I am also so grateful that the platinum trophy doesn't require endless grinding in MP. AFAIK you just have to do one co-op mission as hurk, play 3 games of multiplayer (one of each kind), and then simply load and run one of the community created maps - don't even have to succeed, I died within 2 minutes of the one I tried since I was just screwing around and got that trophy.

I doubt I'll actually platinum but I truly appreciate how they catered to the gamer instead of making it one of those "hahaha you must spend 100 hours not having fun in MP to platinum!"

Picked this up for the One today but can't play it until Friday due to deadlines so it's just kinda sitting there on my desk, taunting me :( Hope it's as good as I'm anticipating!

Playing on Xbox One and it's taking FOREVER to save and load my game.. anyone else having this issue? Worried that I'm about to lose all my progress or that my file is going to corrupt.

I can't even load the game on xbox one. gives me an error saying I need the disc. Bought it digitally. MS rep said it's a problem on Ubisofts side and they are working on it. Won't even work in offline mode. I guess this game is always online.

According to the MS Rep

Marvin: at 13:16:18
We're currently receiving report about this far cry 4 right now, it's not only you who have the same issue, however our IT engineers is now negotiating with the game developer for this emerging issue, we are now working for the best solution to this one.
Marvin: at 13:17:10
It could be they have system upgrade or system maintenance on their server, since this is a third party game, we don't have the access and control to their server.

I can't even load the game on xbox one. gives me an error saying I need the disc. Bought it digitally. MS rep said it's a problem on Ubisofts side and they are working on it. Won't even work in offline mode. I guess this game is always online.

According to the MS Rep

Marvin: at 13:16:18
We're currently receiving report about this far cry 4 right now, it's not only you who have the same issue, however our IT engineers is now negotiating with the game developer for this emerging issue, we are now working for the best solution to this one.
Marvin: at 13:17:10
It could be they have system upgrade or system maintenance on their server, since this is a third party game, we don't have the access and control to their server.

gah..just bought the game too and I can't even start it! <sigh> Hopefully it'll get fixed up soon. Ubi pls!

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Just got to Northern Kyrat and the very first Bell Tower is annoying me. It's the one with the beehive and I can't seem to make the final, long jump to the platform (I've tried about 10 Times now and always fall to my death). There's got to be something I'm missing.

Edit: Figured it out. It's just a super tough jump to make. Took me over 10 tries. A running start helps.

jacobeid

Banned
Just got to Northern Kyrat and the very first Bell Tower is annoying me. It's the one with the beehive and I can't seem to make the final, long jump to the platform (I've tried about 10 Times now and always fall to my death). There's got to be something I'm missing.

I haven't been there yet to give you any pointers, but I've run into this scenario a few times already. it definitely messes with the game's pacing.

DrPizza

Banned

I believe that all of the fortresses do, as does the Ghale Homestead if you buy the upgrade. I don't think they're the only ones, but they're the memorable ones.

Top Bottom