• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Far Cry 4 |OT| Welcome to Kyrat

Is there a way to revert to a previous Saved game on PS4? I was on a mission and reached my target but the game told me the Mission Failed and now whenever I restart at the last checkpoint, the game goes automatically on the failed screen.

I can't quit or restart the mission and my options pare pretty non-existent.

Am I fucked?

Daffy Duck

What's the deal with the DLC for the LE games? Can it be bought separately yet?

Want to get this but not sure which LE to get as game have it with an extra yak farm mission over simply games which only includes hurks redemption.

I take it neither includes the cool sounding yeti stuff?

vypek

I think that's where I'm supposed to be, but the game bugged out and spawned me in a safe house. If I restart, I just respawn in the safehouse bed again, no weapons equipped, no HUD.

Damn. That sucks :/ Is there a chance you can just quit out of the mission completely instead of using the restart option? Or try getting yourself killed and see if it changes something

Arion

Completed the main campaign in about 25 hours. Game is 8/10 easily top 10 of the year.

My only disappointment is Sabal and Amita. I wanted to kill them both and claim the throne of Kyrat for my self. Strangely enough the guy the game wanted you to hate the most, Pegan, was my favorite. I did however liked all the ways the game was self aware. All the characters knew and acknowledged that you were this unstoppable killing machine. Especially how Pegan quipped about it being so fun.

Completed the main campaign in about 25 hours. Game is 8/10 easily top 10 of the year.

My only disappointment is Sabal and Amita. I wanted to kill them both and claim the throne of Kyrat for my self. Strangely enough the guy the game wanted you to hate the most, Pegan, was my favorite. I did however liked all the ways the game was self aware. All the characters knew and acknowledged that you were this unstoppable killing machine. Especially how Pegan quipped about it being so fun.

his motivations were the most honest anyway, and there's something comforting about the evil you know. plus he seemed perfectly content to just fuck off in his helicopter at the first opportunity when you came to power.

I think the "if you had just eaten the crab, I would have come back and we could have spread her ashes together and shot guns" being LITERALLY WHAT HAPPENS if you wait at the beginning is one of my favorite game twists since Spec Ops: the Line. Especially since the alternate ending is probably what could be considered the "true" ending

vypek

You CAN kill them both. Although, whoever you kill second doesn't seem to trigger another scene. I wish Ajay or Bhadra was the top dog of the country. I kind of wish I got Bhadra to be the Tarun Matara so that she would pretty much be the leader after I killed the two golden path leaders

Can somebody please tell me there is a payoff to doing the Shangra La missions?

They fucking suck.

I think something unlocks when you do 2 of them. Thats it

Arion

You CAN kill them both. Although, whoever you kill second doesn't seem to trigger another scene. I wish Ajay or Bhadra was the top dog of the country. I kind of wish I got Bhadra to be the Tarun Matara so that she would pretty much be the leader after I killed the two golden path leaders

I think something unlocks when you do 2 of them. Thats it

How do you kill the other?

Hi guys, I've just finished making my map, and I'm really, really proud of it. Spent about 50 hours since release crafting and fine-tuning. I'd absolutely love it if PS4 Far Cry gaf could take a look at it, cause I made it with you guys in mind.

It's an Assault map called Mhm. "Archaeology". The player's plane crashes on a snowy, mountainous island, and they must explore past bizarre rituals, crazed soldiers, and mysterious structures to find the source of the evil possessing the island.

I really busted my ass to make this something special :) thanks for giving it a look <3

Good Job! I mean, really awesome suff.
Now i have to check some more maps, maybe i will find something as fun to play as yours...

TripOpt55

I finished the story. I was really dreading choosing endings/sides, but ultimately I think I made the best choices after peeking at the other endings online. Loved the game though. I may give the platinum a try. It seems doable.

Probably my GotY, but I want to put some more time into it and think on it some more.

BiggNife

Anyone having issues with the game being locked to 30fps when playing fullscreen on PC? It's weird, when I switch to borderless windowed I usually get 45-50 fps, but shouldn't fullscreen give me better performance?

Ashtar

Is there a way to replay story missions? For some reason during the burn it down mission and I failed but some of the enemies were already dead.

vypek

How do you kill the other?

If you chose Amita and killed Sabal first:
Go to the fast travel area in the South called "Tirtha" or something alone those lines. There is a scene where you leave the safehouse and after that scene ends, Amita can be killed (her guards will attack if you dont kill them before her). She also cowers if you point a gun to her face.

If you chose Sabal and killed Amita first:
You can to go the island where the temple was and it will activate a scene to watch as well. Afterwards, you are able to kill Sabal. I did not choose this so I don't know if he has guards there. I just know that you are free to move and attack Sabal just like Amita.

Sushi Nao

Good Job! I mean, really awesome suff.
Now i have to check some more maps, maybe i will find something as fun to play as yours...

Oh, thanks so much! I'm really happy to share it. It's one of those things, you can test it all day by yourself, but you never know how it will fare in the wild with fresh eyes.

Proxy

Something interesting :

You can kill both Amita and Sabal well before you side with one or the other. I can't remember the exact mission but it's the one where they are both in a schoolhouse and you go there to pick up your objective. After you get your objective you can get back into the schoolhouse through the upstair's windows and shoot both of them. Doing this will cause the game to give you a "Critical Character Was Killed" screen and reload a checkpoint. Interestingly enough that screen only occurred because I killed Amita not Sabal.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I seem to recall reading that you get a permanent damage reduction upgrade in the second half.

Please tell me this happens because I'm getting tired of being torn to shreds on easy.

Also is it a sudequest or main mission?!

Very happy I picked this over Dragon Age. This is my first Far Cry game.

I don't remember the last time I got sucked into a game like this. I just want to explore every corner and find everything. I've barely touched the campaign missions. The world and atmosphere are so good. The graphics are gorgeous. The controls are tight. Vehicles and hang gliding are fun. The Bell towers are fun (at least for now). and those eagles tho.

Might be some of the most fun ive had with a game all year.

Goldrusher

I seem to recall reading that you get a permanent damage reduction upgrade in the second half.

Please tell me this happens because I'm getting tired of being torn to shreds on easy.

You have to upgrade your skills. Top right is "health".
Also, you can buy body armor, which can also be upgraded with skill points.

Randam

amita told me to take care of unfinished business. will all remaining missions disappear, once I start the next mission?

If so, any tipes for the shangri la boss fight?

vypek

amita told me to take care of unfinished business. will all remaining missions disappear, once I start the next mission?

If so, any tipes for the shangri la boss fight?

I'm pretty sure thats the sign for the following story missions to roll into one another. You can do other stuff after you finish the game but the last few missions are back to back.

Dartastic

Holy shit this game is good. I got it from Gamefly, but is there anywhere I can get it for 30 for a late Black Friday/Cyber Monday deal?

I believe its one of the health upgrades, ie you can only get to 5 bars without finishing the chain (and 6 if you do)

You have to finish the last mission and boss fight

tip:

Shoot in the orange mouth

Skyzard

Banned
About that bell tower...

What well! There's no well. How will a well get you up that one floor anyway...and no grappling points.

Just one level but it has no floor whatsoever, just a rope you need to jump to...but nothing whatsoever infront of it...trying from the side just leads to my death.

Tried blasting it, cutting the ropes, nothing. Flying up there makes the buzzer stall JUST at the level you want to go.

http://a.pomf.se/onsjrq.webm

the one just north of yuma's fortress

So is it pretty much impossible to find a random co-op game on Xbox Live? I was just trying for maybe 10 minutes and nothing. Really want those two achievements!

Evo X

About that bell tower...

What well! There's no well. How will a well get you up that one floor anyway...and no grappling points.

Just one level but it has no floor whatsoever, just a rope you need to jump to...but nothing whatsoever infront of it...trying from the side just leads to my death.

Tried blasting it, cutting the ropes, nothing. Flying up there makes the buzzer stall JUST at the level you want to go.

http://a.pomf.se/onsjrq.webm

Lol. I just did this tower last night. Took me a while to figure out, but it's definitely possible. You need to sprint to the ropes from the outside.

Ruff

I was really looking forward to messing around with the map editor, had a pretty awesome outpost mission all set up and good to go and all it needed was some enemies so I go to add some AI and... well.. it sucks.

You can't control a single thing about them other than what class of enemy they are. Can't make them stand still, patrol an area or do anything remotely specific other than place some "animation tokens" and hope they randomly use them.

It really sucks, by the time I get to the end of my level most of the enemies have just plain wondered off somewhere and my sniper enemies are on the floor playing cards at the campfire lol..

shame.

Skyzard

Banned
^ wow that sucks.

Evo X said:
Lol. I just did this tower last night. Took me a while to figure out, but it's definitely possible. You need to sprint to the ropes from the outside.

Just run at the rope ha! I tried that so much and kept falling, did it again and it worked, nice thanks.

Can someone help me out, since I'm apparently stupid?

I cannot find this Mohan Ghale Journal for the life of me. I must have spent an hour in this stupid building

iXUYzd9sAo18R.jpg

ibxyQrObvK8JHE.jpg

There's a spot where you can crawl under one of the shelves in the corner, where it seems like the journal icon is, but there's just nothing there. And I can't find a way up on top of the shelves either.

HEEEEEELPPPPP

Hugstable

Banned
I know you get those maps in your homestead, but other than that I was hoping there would be some bonus to completing them.

I mean with Longinus you at least get an awesome weapon.

Well if anything I thought the final Shnagri-La mission was pretty damn awesome especially
considering it's the one true boss in the game, and it's fun to fight

Skyzard

Banned
^They're pretty cool to visit.

Is there a way to revert to a previous Saved game on PS4? I was on a mission and reached my target but the game told me the Mission Failed and now whenever I restart at the last checkpoint, the game goes automatically on the failed screen.

I can't quit or restart the mission and my options pare pretty non-existent.

Am I fucked?

That really sucks, any luck yet?

Randam

Well if anything I thought the final Shnagri-La mission was pretty damn awesome especially
considering it's the one true boss in the game, and it's fun to fight

any tipps for the boss?
did you play on hard?

healing in shangri la is so annoying..

^They're pretty cool to visit.

That really sucks, any luck yet?

Found a thread on Ubisoft's forum where a couple of people had a similar problem. Hope a patch comes through to help us.

Thing is, in every openworld game, there should be an option to manually save games so that these problems don't put a complete halt to people's playthrough. It's infuriating.

vypek

I took some random snapshots (haven't saved transported them) but a lot of the game looks really nice. There is an art style that is posted on some walls that looks really good. I have seen the style used for Bhadra, Pagan and Yuma. It seems almost like a colorful kind of graffiti art on some walls in places. Anyone know what I mean?

Skyzard

Banned
Found a thread on Ubisoft's forum where a couple of people had a similar problem. Hope a patch comes through to help us.

Thing is, in every openworld game, there should be an option to manually save games so that these problems don't put a complete halt to people's playthrough. It's infuriating.

I agree big time. Even as I play FC4 (before reading your post) I'm worrying about the same thing.

I hope they patch it to sort you out...

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Ending spoilers

I'm giving you karat but I'm taking the helicopter. Pulled out my rpg and shot him. NO ONE TAKES MY CHOPPER

Top Bottom