• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Thornton & Freeman in a new tale from the Coen Brothers' world - Tues on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Are we going to get a prolonged scene of Lester messing with his wound in every episode? There better be one fuck of a payoff for this much foreplay.

Trouble

Banned
Oh man watching Stavros losing it is great. Oliver Platt is fantastic.

The ending was great. Oh you got yourself arrested on purpose? Three can play at that game.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Billy Bob Thornton has an exceptional shit eating grin. It's quite delicious.

How many locusts/crickets could a few pet shops possibly have in stock? That grocery store was waaay more infested that I expected.

Are we going to get a prolonged scene of Lester messing with his wound in every episode? There better be one fuck of a payoff for this much foreplay.

I'm not looking forward to that payoff. One way or another, it's going to be fucking disgusting.

He framed the ice scraper and had it on the wall of his office.

Wow how did I miss this...

Episode-3-Ice_Scraper.png

Linius

Shiiit, that was the best way to honor the film with that icescraper. And another solid episode. This show is great.

That was a great episode. I really enjoyed the pilot, but the 2nd episode was really disappointed and left me kind of worried. After the 3rd and 4th episodes I am back on board. I thought that was a perfect callback to the film.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yeah and it's likely to get worse for him if he doesn't seek medical attention. At some point he's going to have to seek medical attention. Even a shady doctor would look at it for him, but he seems too occupied with other things to take care of it.

It's obviously super infected already. His hand is all bloated and full of pus. Blech. He needs real medical attention urgently.

It's certainly more than a nod, no? Without the events of the film the events of the show couldn't unfold.

I think he just means that it is nothing more than a reference/connection to the film. Calling the show a sequel could infer that it is somehow a continuation of the story or characters from the film, which is obviously not the case.

Opto

Banned
5 dollars in gas in 87 is like 2000 gallons.

how did they run out?

Converter I used says it's just 10 bucks worth today's money. And looking up other information, it says average gas price in 87 was $0.95. So he bought maybe 5 gallons and on a long stretch of road, with a heavily weighted vehicle, it makes sense.

What do you feel has been annoyingly vague?

billy bobs invincibility mostly

he'll just go around smirking and everything works out the way he wants

a whole lot of the show feels too orchestrated

i dont even know what the blood bath was about, or what the deal is with all these elaborate pranks

i don't know how they got all those crickets either, a pet shop doesn't normally sell them in bulk and even if they did, thats like an entire cricket farm which is pretty far fetched to make an order of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom