• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fargo - Thornton & Freeman in a new tale from the Coen Brothers' world - Tues on FX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The show is kind of disappointing. Good characters but a boring story. The dog scene and the pill switch scene was just too 'convenient' to move the story. Plus you have to suspend belief in some scenes with Lorne because everything he does rely on the belief that no one even attempts stopping him or even confronting him . Its unrealistic

Kadayi

Banned
Good episode. After the fantastic pilot I felt the second lagged a bit, but the third was a return to form. Enjoying Solverson just piecing everything together and her general rapport.

Also is the sign language legible or is it just made up?

Gotta love Lester eyes closed going full metal jacket.

The show is kind of disappointing. Good characters but a boring story. The dog scene and the pill switch scene was just too 'convenient' to move the story. Plus you have to suspend belief in some scenes with Lorne because everything he does rely on the belief that no one even attempts stopping him or even confronting him . Its unrealistic

I agree with everything you said. I want to spank the people here who hyped it up by calling it the next "true detective". :-(

That was me. Come at Me Bro.

True-Detective-Gif-SLap.gif

Helmholtz

I liked episode one a lot. But there has definitely been a drop in quality with episodes 2 and 3 in my opinion. Not so much that I'll stop watching though. I'm enjoying the show, but it doesn't seem to be one of the greatest. Certainly entertaining though.

breakfuss

Not much to say but I'm enjoying it. I find the random things to be the most hilarious (probably intended). Love the actress playing Molly. She nails the role. I can't help but see Watson from Sherlock, though, even if his accent is mostly convincing. lol

Alpende

Unless I missed something there's been nothing to suggest that the two "investigators" have any affiliation with Lorne. They work for whatever organization Sam Hess was messed up with and are investigating his death assuming that it may affect their bosses. Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

Sam Hess was involved with gangsters(?) from Fargo, these two were sent by Fargo to figure out what happpened right?

Anyway, good episode once again. Loved the bit where Lester shoots the machine gun. Good to see Solverson and the other cop teaming up.

Philippo

After a sloppy 2nd episode, this was absolutely stunning.
The humor (probably the funniest one), the direction and the photography just leveled up.
Can't wait for ep4.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, he was hit with one of the balls in the shotgun blast.

He is hiding it so as not to implicate him in the murder of the Officer, particularly after fabricating his knockout on the basement wall.

Which is strange that he wakes up in the hospital, you think they would record the wound. I'm sure this will bite him in the butt down the line.

They'll use it as a plot device for sure, but surely he could explain it away as he was upstairs with the policeman because he answered the door, and then this intruder shot the policeman (wounding freeman). He ran downstairs but was assaulted and knocked unconscious, and his wife was killed.

It's good for him because the wound means he clearly didn't shoot the policeman, and so suspicion for the wife will go towards Thornton too.

(Only watched episode 1 so far in the UK, so need to avoid any spoilers..)

Linius

Daaamn, this episode was so good. From the opening scene on it looked stunning. They got the music perfect, really sets that Fargo atmosphere. And of course the cast just knocks it out of the park. I like pretty much every character on the show. I love how absurd it all is.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
They'll use it as a plot device for sure, but surely he could explain it away as he was upstairs with the policeman because he answered the door, and then this intruder shot the policeman (wounding freeman). He ran downstairs but was assaulted and knocked unconscious, and his wife was killed.

It's good for him because the wound means he clearly didn't shoot the policeman, and so suspicion for the wife will go towards Thornton too.

(Only watched episode 1 so far in the UK, so need to avoid any spoilers..)
I think I remember him telling the cops that he found her dead first...don't quote me on it though.

"I've got two questions and a comment."

So good. This was the best ep yet, and I can see how it's becoming its own show now.

So, having just rewatched the movie, it's pretty obvious what the secret of the money is, right? What he's being blackmailed for?

Yes, but I can't really see that it would be so terrible if he were found out. He started his business with money he found in a ditch, big deal. What's the worst that could happen? He'd have to repay the money? Some tax problems maybe?

xbhaskarx

The third episode was far better than the second. I'm a little worried about the preview though, how is he going to get out of that situation in a way that isn't totally absurd...

New episode tonight:
Eating the Blame

Malvo embraces his alter ego when Gus tries to right a wrong; Lester finds himself in a surprising situation; Molly uncovers a promising lead.
This episode will run 12 minutes past the hour.

FafaFooey

Really enjoying this show. I love how they really nailed that 90's Fargo look with the grainy film look the episodes have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom