• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

New update coming with 2 new snow based maps for free and a patch.

4460186571_7aac9c5f06.jpg

4460186451_b8b6be4295.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/03/25/fat-princess-ps3-fat-fan-fare-with-patch-1-05/

I only played this game for a while last summer. Does anybody else want to jump back in?

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Cool, I actually just tried to play Fat Princess a couple days ago and could not find a game. Hopefully some more people jump back in.

Anybody who might be looking to play, feel free to add me. mythofadream is my PSN ID.

bunbun777

i remember something about pirates and ninjas- ive been waiting to jump back in till that-- oh well, new maps sound be fun --i should roll over and check it out...

nice to hear the warriors are more buff now-- as it should be.

AndyD

aka andydumi
bunbun777 said:
i remember something about pirates and ninjas- ive been waiting to jump back in till that-- oh well, new maps sound be fun --i should roll over and check it out...

nice to hear the warriors are more buff now-- as it should be.

They teased it in this announcement too. Hopefully at E3 we will know. Fun game, a bit unbalanced at first and it threw a lot of people off.

AndyD said:
They teased it in this announcement too. Hopefully at E3 we will know. Fun game, a bit unbalanced at first and it threw a lot of people off.

That and the fact that it had horrible... horrible network problems at launch.

MrPliskin

Banned
netguy503 said:
A $15 DL game?

Stop. The price was fine. For fucks sake, they added FOUR MAPS FOR FUCKING FREE.

Go play your $60 MW2 where people are going to pay FIFTEEN AMERICAN DOLLARS for THREE new maps and TWO MAPS YOU PLAYED TWO YEARS AGO.

Jesus christ gamers have lost their fucking minds this generation with this "entitlement" bullshit.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
OldJadedGamer said:
That and the fact that it had horrible... horrible network problems at launch.
They honestly need to find a way to relaunch the game. It's a far more polished experience than what they debuted with. I think that's what the upcoming DLC may be about.

depward

SillyPuty said:
DLC coming soon. 3 New Classes! Pirate, Ninja and Giant. There will also be an update for 4 player same console Co-Op (which will be free). They'll also be adding clan tags and and private game hosting. Here are some screen shots of the new classes:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/fatprincess/images.html?sid=6265909

What do you guys think?

Too late of an update. I mean, you always have people coming back to play when new updates hit... but the first impression MANY got was way too negative to have the desire to come back.

I'll probably fire it up, because it's good fun...

AndyD

aka andydumi
SillyPuty said:
DLC coming soon. 3 New Classes! Pirate, Ninja and Giant. There will also be an update for 4 player same console Co-Op (which will be free). They'll also be adding clan tags and and private game hosting. Here are some screen shots of the new classes:

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/fatprincess/images.html?sid=6265909

What do you guys think?

Not bad, but the local coop should have been there day 1. This game screamed local fun. It may or may not spark a revival. It surely will if they include it as a free PSN+ game though.

MrPliskin said:
That's unfortunate, you're missing out on quite a bit of fun.

Not sure about now but when it launched it was a complete and total mess. Made my excitement for the game go from 100 to 0. I bought it and it's still on my hard drive. Should fire it up again.

Corto

Will buy and give it another try... Let's hope that this revitalizers the community again. I hope it's not too late to do that... :( When it launched I had some good fun with it ... that if I could enter a game. Online was very rough on the edges at release.

Cruzader

Banned
SolidusDave said:
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...c-and-fourplay-party-feature-with-patch-1-06/
(includes a trailer)

the $5 addon for the three new classes and the free local-4-player-offline&online patch will be released on June 29 (30th for PAL?).

Both can be used on all the maps (core game plus the 4 free patched-in maps)
Co-op???? Offline???:D :D :D

I might buy this, I always go to my friend's house over the weekend and this would be perfec to play! Did this game ever go on sale? I want to buy this and Joe Danger now...

HankToms

How do I get other players to join in the for 4 player coop? Isn't it free to owners of the game, or do I need to buy that new expansion pack with the 3 new classes?

netguy503

You guys should know that if you buy Playstation Plus this week you will get 20% off this new DLC. I think that is pretty cool and shows that Playstation Plus members will be getting offers on "day 1" DLC and not a bunch of old stuff. I think that's pretty cool.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
HankToms said:
How do I get other players to join in the for 4 player coop? Isn't it free to owners of the game, or do I need to buy that new expansion pack with the 3 new classes?
I think you just press start on the second controller and it'll drop him right in. It's a free patch to everybody who owns the game, it should go up Tuesday.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
The 4-players patch will give new life to the game here. I was looking for something fun to play with my brother online.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Brazil said:
The 4-players patch will give new life to the game here. I was looking for something fun to play with my brother online.
If it was 4 player split screen competitive play then FP would be the new Team Buddies. Oh wells. I bought the game anyway.

darkwing

Brazil said:

yeah we just got pwned by the other team using the fourplay feature, i was in a 30 player match, lost 6 games straight lols but it was fun the new fat roles dlc is the right way to do dlc

Apath

darkwing said:
yup :lol being pwned by fourplay is so much fun :lol
That was my biggest problem with the game. It's such a goofy and fun game so it fits perfectly to be played locally with friends. As such, my friends and I would pass the controller around for a bit and then get tired of it. Amazing patch.

And are the three new classes free as well? Or are those on the $5 DLC only?

EDIT: Bleh, I gotta update my PS3 to play. ;_; Guess I'll be playing this in an hour.

Drame

Urge to purchase the DLC... rising.

Had tons of fun with Fat Princess last summer. Seems that I'll give this another go in a day or two.

I remember reading about a FP DLC awhile back but they only mentioned Pirates/Ninjas/Giants which didnt interest me as much.

I didnt know 4 Player Online Co-op on one console was part of the DLC!

$old :D

fu3lfr3nzy said:
I remember reading about a FP DLC awhile back but they only mentioned Pirates/Ninjas/Giants which didnt interest me as much.

I didnt know 4 Player Online Co-op on one console was part of the DLC!

$old :D
not really part of the dlc but the patch itself, so that's free. I updated FP to 2.00(I thought it was suppose to be 1.06 or something), but I didn't feel like buying the DLC for ninja/pirate/giants.

darkwing

the 3 new classes are a pretty nice addition, there's nothing like a giant rampaging in the battlefield or a pirate directing cannonballs :lol

belvedere

Junior Butler
This shit is live? Holy hell!

I'll definitely have to get it. I haven't been able to play as surprisingly so, my wife has become completely addicted to this game.

Guess we can play together now.

SephirothRK said:
not really part of the dlc but the patch itself, so that's free. I updated FP to 2.00(I thought it was suppose to be 1.06 or something), but I didn't feel like buying the DLC for ninja/pirate/giants.

Wow, even better :D

I may hold off the DLC for now then. The co-op is the only noteworthy feature to re-play the game for me and my friends :p

I actually bought the DLC because they've done it the right way (maps = free and included in a patch, paid DLC something optional and working with people only owning the core game).
5€ is a bit expensive if you look at the DLC itself w/o the free maps etc.
The 3 classes are fun to play, though I think the canonball special of the pirate outclasses the others.
btw. the bots don't seem to use the new classes, is that correct?

Now for the patch:

4 player local play is nicely integrated: Just press Start on the other controllers to jump in mid game (as long as there are no 32 real players and no bots your friends can replace).
You share the same screen, but it can zoom out. You all can respawn in the base and at captured towers, the camera follows the last still living player.

I (still) don't like the following (in v.2.00):
- no custom music (if only by disabling voice chat while the music plays)
- two savegames and still, both are copyprotected. Also no server-side reconstruction of your savegame/online-stats, even though you are listed online.

I added GAF as a clantag :p

:lol @ the Princess dressed as a bearded pirate in the start screen.

Chaucer

This game is so much fun. It had so many network problems in the first couple weeks but people who haven't come back to it are missing out. The local online multi-player will help bands of team members to work in perfect unison.

My favorite trick is teaming up with 3-5 other priests and spam the healing AoE on my cluster of friendly warriors/mages. It's so hard to kill us when it's done right.

Drame

Chaucer said:
This game is so much fun. It had so many network problems in the first couple weeks but people who haven't come back to it are missing out. The local online multi-player will help bands of team members to work in perfect unison.

My favorite trick is teaming up with 3-5 other priests and spam the healing AoE on my cluster of friendly warriors/mages. It's so hard to kill us when it's done right.
Oh, I do remember those all right.

It was all about luck if we could get a GAF game going or not. Most of the time, people couldn't connect to the host and that lead to many early jumpers. Everyone had a marvelous time when it worked. I'll jump back tomorrow just to see how much the game has improved in a year.

neonglow

How big is the online community now? I played it for about 2 weeks when it came out, but quit due to all the connection issues.

This game just got 110% better with the DLC and the maps are fun and the new classes are hilarious! The giant class is just too damn fun- powering up and running into a group of enemies never gets old.

Add me on PSN if you guys wanna play together! :D Jrod87

neonglow said:
How big is the online community now? I played it for about 2 weeks when it came out, but quit due to all the connection issues.

The community is fine, no shortage of games on my end - also, those connection issues were solved with a patch about a month in (although I found hosting my own game circumvented any connection problems anyways).

Top Bottom