• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Razorskin

----- ------
Did the patch fix the connection issues you guys had when you played? I might be willing to drop 20$ on this. (game&addon+discount&taxes)

darkwing

Bootaaay said:
The community is fine, no shortage of games on my end - also, those connection issues were solved with a patch about a month in (although I found hosting my own game circumvented any connection problems anyways).

yup they should relaunch this game, pretty fun!

Drame

Fat Princess is pretty awesome and it works this time!

The new classes are hilarious. The pirates nuke is something to watch out!

KilgoreTrout said:
Maybe I'll play. I'm not organizing games, and chat this time though. :lol
I could get some games going, but not the chat. That was a huge pain in the ass! :lol

Nowadays you can make games with password so it's really easy to get game going with friends.

More Fat Princess! -> (again)

Razorskin said:
Did the patch fix the connection issues you guys had when you played? I might be willing to drop 20$ on this. (game&addon+discount&taxes)
Haven't had a single connection problem so far.

HankToms

I just got a chance to play 4 player local coop and I found it to be a little difficult to organize and move as one team. First of all, everyone has to be on the same page. (this may be solved if everyone was good, but sometimes you have a friend who just isn't as good)

If someone died, he has no hat after spawning at a tower. Well that person is out of luck until we kill someone else and u can grab theirs or everyone runs back to the castle.

And, sometimes there was so much onscreen that it was hard to keep track of where your buddies are. There is a ton of stuff happening on screen at one time. As a healer, you have to be able to find your target to heal(not easy to select a specific teammate if there's a big battle going on. Then you have to keep track of where your buddies are, making sure you are in the same area.

There is so much going on, and there is difficulty of keeping track of everything (where everyone is, their health, the enemy, your princess, their princess, enemies around you, etc.)

I kinda feel like maybe 2 players local would be a more enjoyable experience. At least playing solo is fun still with the new classes. I just hoped the local multiplayer would be better.

MrPonx

I just bought the game and the expansion :D

my name is MrPonx :p

me and my wife are inlove with the game we play it alot..

I'll add ya when I hop in MrPonx, my GF I and love the game as well. :D

Bump for the Summer Sale, Fat Princess will be half off this week! The new expansion adds a fuck ton more fun to the game btw.

MrPonx

Square Triangle said:
I'll add ya when I hop in MrPonx, my GF I and love the game as well. :D

Bump for the Summer Sale, Fat Princess will be half off this week! The new expansion adds a fuck ton more fun to the game btw.

Of course.. coz I just purchased it :| lol

Thanks Triangle, looking forward to playing against you :D I wana buy a mic what would you recommend?

I love the Sony Official Headset, my my issue with it is when you need to mute the mic it continuously gives a loud beep every couple seconds. I don't know how how much you want to spend but the Turtle Beach headset is amazing, although it's $80.

snap0212

I'm currently thinking about picking this up tonight. Is anyone on GAF still playing this on a regular basis? Is the community still active? => Still worth picking up? :)

darkwing

snap0212 said:
I'm currently thinking about picking this up tonight. Is anyone on GAF still playing this on a regular basis? Is the community still active? => Still worth picking up? :)

I don't know about GaF but online is still very much active and with the Fat Roles DLC, its more active

blitz64

Just bought this for $7.99 at bestbuy.com

Luckily there is still an active online player base playing. Now I'm wondering if I should get the expansion pack for $5.

My boyfriend and I are living playing co-op online. I just recently got a ps3 and I'm happy this game is so fun :)

I'm "incitejelly" and he is "Brenda" if anyone would like to be our friends or play sometime :)

cnizzle06

Banned
So, I just recently got another PS3, but the only games I currently have are downloadable ones, so does anyone wanna play? No? Alright then.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Okay, couple things:

1. Holy fuck when did I post in this thread? I don't even remember this. :lol

2. Goddamn was I stupid to not be interested in this game. Bought it yesterday (it's now $7.99 on Amazon) and it's one of the most fun online multiplayer games I've ever played. Plus, it's the first one I've played that I'm actually fairly good at! Well, okay, I'm decent at MAG too, but still. Yeah. So I love the hell outta this game. Really, really should have been the first game I bought from PSN way back when I got my PS3.

Vashetti

Banned
Cross-posting from the Cheap Arse Gaffer thread:

Look at this beauty I got today, brand new and sealed from Amazon for £2.89.

bPDLC5j.png

so_good.gif

Now everyone go and buy it so I have some people to play online with!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Is nobody interested in this game anymore? :(

I wish I could have ever gotten into the game. Every time I tried to play the online experience was unbearable. In theory I really liked it, but I don't think I ever played more than two hours total, and much of that was a disorganized mess with random teammates and bots. The rest was waiting for a match and finding only error messages instead.

I wanted to love you so much Fat Princess. Why didn't you let me?

Vashetti

Banned
I wish I could have ever gotten into the game. Every time I tried to play the online experience was unbearable. In theory I really liked it, but I don't think I ever played more than two hours total, and much of that was a disorganized mess with random teammates and bots. The rest was waiting for a match and finding only error messages instead.

I wanted to love you so much Fat Princess. Why didn't you let me?

Aww sorry man that sucks.

I loved the game so much I 100%'d it, Fat Roles DLC and all.

Yeah the online was pretty dodgy but even today it's easy to find a decent match.

It sucks that this game was passed around developers like an unwanted pass the parcel. I'm not even sure who owns it anymore.

A few more patches and it could have been amazing.

I pray for Fat Princess 2 for PS4.

Played the game 2 weeks back. No online players whatsoever.. . I don't think it was connecting IIRC.. Could be my PS3

I remember having some awesome time playing this game..

Top Bottom