• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fat Princess |OT| Misogynistic Cake

Robot 492

Banned
FatPrincessCook.png

FatPrincessKing.png

Cooks and Kings coming to FP :)

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
nskinnear said:
http://titanstudios.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/FatPrincessCook.png[IMG]
[IMG]http://titanstudios.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/FatPrincessKing.png[IMG]

Cooks and Kings coming to FP :)[/QUOTE]
:o

what they do? free update?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Hey so by the way hows the community doing? I played quite a few games last night and most everyone were bots.

Clott

At the start of this thread everyone was quite cheery, but some kind of gloom has set in and people seem to be tearing the game apart, I just came back home from being away a few months and had my eyes set on the game, But this backlash is making me think twice.

Is it still worth it? is there really a big problem?

noah111

Still Alive
So these are all the new classes (or whatever) that they've teased so far;

FatPrincessNinja1.png
FatPrincessPirate.png

FatPrincessCook.png
FatPrincessKing.png

Ninjas, Pirates, Cooks & Kings... wonder if it's just new classes or if it would have something to do with a new game mode.. especially with the Pirates & Ninjas.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
msdstc said:
Hey so by the way hows the community doing? I played quite a few games last night and most everyone were bots.

Exactly. Seems impossible to find a game that's populated all by.. you know... people. I think I'm done with FP. It's no fun playing with bots.

Dre

I played a 32 player game last night, but they're really hard to find and the game prefers to put me in empty games with very few real people.
Server lists would fix that, but Titan seems to have better things to do ...

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
I still like this game, shame people aren't playing much. :(

I hear something about their being a female model in the game? I know some who's a Dame but they still don't have the female character model? Was it changed or something?

.GqueB.

Banned
Fyodor Dostoevsky said:
jeez. looks like I'm saving $15. it's a shame, this had so much potential. or maybe it was just the novelty of feeding a princess cake that got people hyped.
People were just turned off by spending an hour finding a game. They fixed it but too little too late. Kind of a shame.

Loudninja

.GqueB. said:
People were just turned off by spending an hour finding a game. They fixed it but too little too late. Kind of a shame.

What? they fixed it really quick how is it too little too late?Anywya I really enjoying the game had a very fun game tonight.

noah111

Still Alive
Loudninja said:
What? they fixed it really quick how is it too little too late?Anywya I really enjoying the game had a very fun game tonight.
Some people are just looking for something to put down or complain about. They fixed the little problems the game had on the network side within less then a week or its launch, yet it's too late. I smell bullshit.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I still have fun with the game, even playing with 16 bots on a 32-players game. The promised new content update should bring back in some of those who gave up on the first week after launch.

.GqueB.

Banned
Sentry said:
Some people are just looking for something to put down or complain about. They fixed the little problems the game had on the network side within less then a week or its launch, yet it's too late. I smell bullshit.
A week is way too long for a game thats centered around the mulitplayer. People have short attention spans. The average person wont spend a week trying to get into games and failing while still coming back for more time and time again.

How else would you explain the fact that there are more bots than players in the average game? Ive been playing a bit this weekend and this is how it tends to be. It wasnt like that when I first started playing it. Its not the game quality because its great.

The lack of people using voice chat is a much bigger problem than the matchmaking ever was. Seriously, this game is trash if no one is talking, but it's one of the best things ever when everyone is.

I've written into the Fat Princess suggestion email a couple times, and the producer of the game has emailed me back (I know, it was crazy). I think his name was Greg. I'd post the emails but my computer is broken, atm. I'll post them when I get it fixed.

Anyways, back to my point. I emailed them suggesting that they make a way to increase the likelihood that people using headsets get in a match together. The response I got was something to the effect of, "That's a great idea! Our next patch is already coming together, so that probably won't make it this time, but we'll try to implement something like this in the next one." Paraphrased from memory.

You have me to thank for fixing this game. :lol

careful

OK guys, add me:

PSN: stveland
Eastern Canada, GMT -5

Finally just played my first game online tonight! Although it was a bit chaotic, overall I had a pretty good time. The lag is not too too bad and it was a full 32p game! Good stuff.

autobzooty said:
The lack of people using voice chat is a much bigger problem than the matchmaking ever was. Seriously, this game is trash if no one is talking, but it's one of the best things ever when everyone is.

Yeah there was about 3-4 guys using the mic on my team so it was alright. The only problem is I always forget that it's push to talk, so I'm elaborating these complex strategies to absolutely no one... :lol

kevm3

This game is a lot of fun. I just think that variety is lacking right now. It doesn't really feel like you're doing all that much different things or that any of the choices you make affect the rounds to a huge extent. At the beginning, it's essentially both sides rushing to get the hats upgraded. Once both sides get the hats upgraded, it's just a cluster of people rushing each other... When the catapults get upgraded, the game essentially devolves into wave after wave of people catapulting into each other's base, in an attempt that one side can hopefully move the chains just enough to get the princess out.

The new classes should add a lot more variety, but what I want is a situation where smart decision making pays off. If I spend my resources upgrading this specific item, it'll give me totally different results than if I spent my resources upgrading something else. What if they made it where you can continue to upgrade towers to a point where you could put weapons on them or they would become respawn points? It would be a much more interesting experience and there would be more variation. Also, remove the capatulting right into the other side's base. Make it halfway or 3/4 across the stage... but make classes like the workers a lot more useful where they can do tons more damage to the doors of the enemy castle.

Also, the levels need more unique elements. Most of the stages feel pretty similar, especially when the catapult gets upgraded. I want it to be like Bomberman, where each stage has some completely unique element that truly defines the stage.

okno

Bought the game last night, enjoying it loads right now. Played a nearly full game online at around 8 am and it was all people. Really hectic, crazy game. The way people approach certain obstacles is neat. I think I like playing as a ranger the most, so far...

If anyone wants to play, my psn id is GoodBoyKujo.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
LiquidMetal14 said:
There is no other game like this. I guess people would rather play shooters.

It's just the game is repetitive. It's pretty fun, but it gets old real fast. Also like I said the community is dead so it's tough to come back to it.

GQman2121

Banned
So are Ninjas, Pirates, Cooks and Kings the only thing that can safe this game for GAF?

I'm still having a good time with it online, but god damn is it hard to find more than one or two people out of 32 who have mics.

GQman2121 said:
So are Ninjas, Pirates, Cooks and Kings the only thing that can safe this game for GAF?

I'm still having a good time with it online, but god damn is it hard to find more than one or two people out of 32 who have mics.

that's the problem. you have to leave the game running for it to fill up with people or hope you can connect to a good host. i never seem to have a problem... but no one is using headsets, or perhaps my headset is borked.

yes... i'm holding down r2 to talk even. :lol
do most ps3 users even have headsets? seems like an xbox thing...

Rlan

I'm currently looking for some statistics regarding Fat Princess for an article - anyone able to tell me how many people are on the Leaderboards?

Let me in

When I "Jump in" anymore I'm entering Team Deathmatch games. It's not that I mind it, but it seems that everyone got sick of the stalemates in Capture the Princess and moved on to some good ol' bashing people's heads in with bombs. Though the deathmatches do get boring after a while... there's really no challenge or strategy to it.

Let me in said:
When I "Jump in" anymore I'm entering Team Deathmatch games. It's not that I mind it, but it seems that everyone got sick of the stalemates in Capture the Princess and moved on to some good ol' bashing people's heads in with bombs. Though the deathmatches do get boring after a while... there's really no challenge or strategy to it.

Yeah, I noticed that too - TDM is fun for a while, but it's just one hugh clusterfuck and to be honest, i'd just prefer to play the Soccer gametype. Also, more people should play Snatch 'n Grab - I find it ends in stalemates far less frequently than Capture the Princess.

sca2511

this game is soo good, there are still connection problems for some of you guys? I have connected to almost every game that i try to connect to. its great with people that you actually talk to.

.GqueB. said:

I can say that I got this the second it launched and the online problems for the first week really put a damper on the game for me and I never really got that excitement back for it.

Also, with the constant tug of war and the game not ending, the unbalance of players and bots on each team, and the fact that this game needs constant communication when no one talks really hasn't reeled me back in yet.

It's like I want to love this game but everything is working against me to not like it. But I did pay for it so I'll play it again at some point.

Barto

Neo Member
I've been playing Invasion lately, found it's a much easier game-type to play on your own, you can take a bot with you and capture the bases and win a game in under 2 min. It's still a big shame people just totally turned off this game but I can see why they did it, has taken me a while to feel like playing it again.

NEW MAPS, check it out:
WhatIsAMan.jpg

Due to the tremendous success of Fat Princess on PSN, we are pleased to announce a host of new content for you, our loyal fans. Today at PAX we spilled the beans on New Pork, an awesome new city-themed level. New Pork offers an exciting array of strategies to slice and dice your way to victory. Use multiple sewer shortcuts to sneak up behind your enemies, blow up barricades to open up new routes of assault and defend your princess from the rooftops.

New Pork is just the beginning of additional content for Fat Princess. For details on New Pork and news of the coming update, as well as PAX video interviews with the Titan Devs, stay tuned to the Titan Blog.

http://titanstudios.com/blog/2009/09/start-spreadin-the-news-new-maps-and-more-coming-to-fat-princess

Keep a watch, they said they're going to announce more stuff during PAX. <3 these guys.

Prezhulio

everytime i see this thread bumped i get excited by how much i enjoyed fp and i jump onto my ps3..... and try to connect for 10 minutes. more often than not i don't get into a game and just give up. sigh, i've heard that if you join a game with friends it almost always connects, but i just want a simple jump in and play experience :/

dralla

I can't believe they're making new maps already when there's so much they need to improve, such as the awful net code.

noah111

Still Alive
dralla said:
I can't believe they're making new maps already when there's so much they need to improve, such as the awful net code.
Seriously? I personally have no problems when playing, they fixed what needed to fixed within the week of release. I still don't get some of the complaints tbh.

New map is looking awesome, probably will buy.

Woodsy

Banned
Juggernaut said:
I bought this the other day and I have no problems with lag or joining servers.

The game is so good.

Same here. As for bots, I don't even notice really - after the game ended last night I think only about 7 of the 32 players were bots. No big deal - I much prefer this setup (same with Crash Commando) than something like Calling All Cars where you are LUCKY to find a single person online.

eznark said:
I played for awhile this afternoon, made me sad the GAF community moved on so damn fast.

I agree, although I'm sadly part of the problem :( Played this religiously for the first week or so and then other download and retail games got my attention.

Despite this, once the new map(s) drop, I'll definitely buy them and hope that it brings people back online :)

Dre

I agree that the online part is fine now, nonetheless there is still one major flaw, no server lists.
I don't know how difficult it is to implement such a feature in Fat Princess but I think that a player should be able to see how many games are currently online and how many free spots there are left per game.
They could then enter a game of their own choice and make 32 players game less rare.

Top Bottom