• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Extra |OT| of Unlimited Saber Works

Takuya said:
Should've kept my pre-order with GameStop US.. =___=
I wouldn't be too worried. If they used USPS to ship the game odds are that it would take two weeks to reach you and that would be well after the Canadian release date anyways.

Edit: PSN download started. 94 Minutes? Download faster damn it!

Luigi87 said:
Ugh, GameStop.ca just changed the date from November 1st (which is what is said yesterday), to November 8th (for LE, the 7th for standard).

Just got a call informing me of this. Sigh, I can wait.

xxczx

This game is hard ):
It's hard enough going into a battle with only knowing one of their turns, then you have to watch the extremely fast battles and try to remember what they did aha.

I think I should've picked Saber instead of Archer >_>

zoku88

Lostconfused said:
I wouldn't be too worried. If they used USPS to ship the game odds are that it would take two weeks to reach you and that would be well after the Canadian release date anyways.

Edit: PSN download started. 94 Minutes? Download faster damn it!
I see that I was't the only one with absurdly slow dl speeds...

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
prowler_ said:
This game is hard ):
It's hard enough going into a battle with only knowing one of their turns, then you have to watch the extremely fast battles and try to remember what they did aha.

I think I should've picked Saber instead of Archer >_>
Memorize their patterns friend. Makes things a whole lot easier.

Akselziys, were there limited prints for the preorder bonus? I've ordered the Fate/Extra LE via gamestop.ca on Halloween night by impulse and seeing how release is extended til next week, I should be able to get my hands on the booklet right D:?

"Warning there are Dead Ends in this game" In a Type Moon game, you don't say? I am both shocked and surprised. Oh and it starts like a visual novel too huh? This all feels shockingly familiar.

Edit: Welp a few minutes in and already a gramatical error. Unless it's a joke that just went far above my head.

Edit2:

1. Ran into my first dead end and it was rather boring and obvious, no time lost.

2. Saw that twist comming at the start of the game, oh well.

3. FFFFFFFFFFFFF is that Ali Project?! Dear god, no, why! Why!!

4. Fine whatever, bro team it is! Male and Archer.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Thought I got a dead end right after I finished another round at the Colosseum. Oh god that scared me since I only use one save file. xD;

I won't be able to get my LE till Friday, but I popped down to Game Stop to see if they had the SE at the least, and they did. Yay, color manual! ...and I noticed in the charactar section that Caster's name is missing above her description.

creid

Since you can't save your game in dungeons, sometimes you'll grind for an hour only to make a mistake in a story decision.
Yikes, this sounds awful. No ways around it?

prowler_ said:
That's it, I'm making a save for each day.

This is the course of wisdom. it's also helpful for when the various story branches pop up so you can go back and choose differently without having to replay the entire week.

Just my $.02.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
FTH said:
Dead ends and high difficulty ? Ugh, $25 PSN is cool but I'm passing on that.

There are difficulty levels and certain servants make the game easier to play than others.

Difficulty shouldn't be an issue, if that helps :)

xxczx

FTH said:
Dead ends and high difficulty ? Ugh, $25 PSN is cool but I'm passing on that.
High difficulty isn't an issue once you get used to it. When I posted before I just started off but I was making a mistake of noting the enemies attacks rather than my own first and just crossing off what hit, missed or evened (plus I've started off as Archer which (I think?) is a higher difficulty than Saber)

This is probably the only game that's made me take notes, aha.

Don't miss out on it!

prowler_ said:
This is probably the only game that's made me take notes, aha.

For some reason this is enticing me. But I'm weird and like making little charts and stuff to go with games, so.

Anyway, I've been reading the reviews and the game sounds like something I'll enjoy, so I'm thinking I'll snag this on PSN when I get home. :D

Chacranajxy said:
Soooo, Gamepro complained that:

Uhhh...

Edit: I know this is from something, but where?
It's an infamous meme from the Fate/Stay Night anime.

From the reviews the game sounds exactly what I expected it to be. I look forward to whenever my copy arrives.

Fishious

Just got the game and preorder bonus from Gamestop. Haven't started the game, but I decided to peruse the Fate/the Fact. I'm maybe halfway through and I'm finding it very hard to read. Most of what I've read is awkwardly phrased or just grammatically incorrect. From page 7 where the Rin interview starts: "I informed about that to my members, they prioritized equipment and data rather than their lives." That's probably the worst so far, but I've spotted a few other typos and places where tense and number don't match up.

I'm guessing a lot less work went into the preorder book than the game, but really? Did anyone proofread it? Anyway I'm going to give the game a whirl now. Expect another verbal lashing if I find similar errors in the game text.
Sorry for being a grammar nazi

PS: The preorder book has a really strong smell, probably due to the ink. So it's both poorly written and smelly. I should probably stop trying to read it before the fumes get to me.

FTH said:
Oh there's an easy mode? Great!

Yup, choosing Saber is labeled as the 'Novice' mode.

I'm loving the hell out of this game and its story/characters. May I also mention that I can't wait to
BEAT THE HELL OUT OF SHINJI! XD They are doing a good job of making me hate him.

It is providing me with a tremendous drive to improve Saber!

cj_iwakura

Funny, I thought the gameplay was going to be fun and the story passable, that review says the exact opposite(though of course I expected a great localization).

cj_iwakura said:
Funny, I thought the gameplay was going to be fun and the story passable, that review says the exact opposite(though of course I expected a great localization).
Well when a game is styled like a visual novel you would hope there is at least something to the story.

Just started the game i'm at the evening ... Where is the option to punch shinji ?
I should be prepared since i know the Fate universe but still ...

I'm getting some serious persona 3 vibes from the start of the game ..i hope it'll be as expected ...
people die when they are killed ? Nonsense , everyone know that even if he is killed , he won't die .

weeaboo

More like Fanservice/Extra, sooo good! Aksys totally nailed Nasu's writing style in the localization, congratz guys.

InfiniteNine said:
No, it isn't even in the same universe.
But it does reference it and other type-moon stuff all the time. For the moment archer is making snide remarks about F/S all the time, I honestly wonder how different it would be if I picked another servant.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Lostconfused said:
But it does reference it and other type-moon stuff all the time. For the moment archer is making snide remarks about F/S all the time, I honestly wonder how different it would be if I picked another servant.
Well Caster not being in previous renditions she makes no references to F/SN. My playthrough has mostly been reference free aside from the obvious NPCs and Rin.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
For those of you that may have missed the Fate/the Fact booklet due to not ordering online or GameStop in general, we are now selling the Fate/EXTRA LE & SE bundled with the Fate/the Fact booklet! :D

http://www.aksysgames.com/store/#fate_extra

Bundles are limited though, so get them while they're hot! :D (prices include shipping/handling)

And just to remind you, we only ship within the continental United States.

weeaboo said:
More like Fanservice/Extra, sooo good! Aksys totally nailed Nasu's writing style in the localization, congratz guys.

Aww, that's super kind of you to say! Big shout out to Mike Engler (Magna Mixalis) and Hope for all their hard work on editing the game :)!

Ken

Akselziys said:
For those of you that may have missed the Fate/the Fact booklet due to not ordering online or GameStop in general, we are now selling the Fate/EXTRA LE & SE bundled with the Fate/the Fact booklet! :D

http://www.aksysgames.com/store/#fate_extra

Bundles are limited though, so get them while they're hot! :D (prices include shipping/handling)

And just to remind you, we only ship within the continental United States.

Aww, that's super kind of you to say! Big shout out to Mike Engler (Magna Mixalis) and Hope for all their hard work on editing the game :)!
Aw man, Amazon already shipped my LE today. Oh well.

Oh Akselziys, I love the coincidence that Shinji's
servant is Francis Drake and this game came out the same day as Uncharted 3
haha

Actually wait, the PSP can create a save state of a game and it's not wiped when you load it. So I guess you can kind of use it to save in the middle of dungeons or cheat through the game if you really want to.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Tguy said:
Oh Akselziys, I love the coincidence that Shinji's
servant is Francis Drake and this game came out the same day as Uncharted 3
haha

LOL! That's pretty ironic and awesome ;D

xxczx

Lostconfused said:
Know the pattern? Kill an enemy without taking any damage.
Don't know the pattern? Lol you dead in two turns.
Pretty much.
:(
Lostconfused said:
Actually wait, the PSP can create a save state of a game and it's not wiped when you load it. So I guess you can kind of use it to save in the middle of dungeons or cheat through the game if you really want to.
I'm on the fence about using the save state on my Go.
When putting it into sleep mode, sometimes the music stops loading and just silent until the next track loads so I always think it's gunna crash.

And then there's PS:p2 not being able to save after using save state (don't know if this has been patched (unlikely))

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Fate/EXTRA Saber cameo in Carnival Phantasm season 2 XD

TaigaandSaber.jpg

Top Bottom