• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Extra |OT| of Unlimited Saber Works

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
R_thanatos said:
Thanks a lot , but isn't teh entire first page blank ? or is it a google doc thing ?

It's supposed to be blank :)

It's a place holder for the cover when creating the manual I believe.

The PDF is just the contents on the inside of the manual :)

You can also download the PDF in its entirety by clicking the "download original" button in the upper right ^_^

Akselziys said:
Fate/EXTRA Saber cameo in Carnival Phantasm season 2 XD

TaigaandSaber.jpg

Why the see through dress?

Ordered, btw.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Lostconfused said:
Know the pattern? Kill an enemy without taking any damage.
Don't know the pattern? Lol you dead in two turns.

Stop playing caster =P, or if you do play caster, make sure to at least level her Str and Def first. Get Str to around D or C, defense to D before leveling any Int.

Once you get the ability to regain mana on "break", the game became a lot easier. You can just use spell stun on enemy move that it revealed, and use break after the spell for free damage and mana regen.

I am playing on normal using caster, and barely use any spells except on emergency and boss fight, I can only imagine how much easier it could get if I was using saber.

P.S. want to see girl's behind no longer can be use as an excuse to play female MC, since caster will be running behind you....... DAT TAIL.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Akselziys said:
For those of you that may have missed the Fate/the Fact booklet due to not ordering online or GameStop in general, we are now selling the Fate/EXTRA LE & SE bundled with the Fate/the Fact booklet! :D

http://www.aksysgames.com/store/#fate_extra

Bundles are limited though, so get them while they're hot! :D (prices include shipping/handling)

And just to remind you, we only ship within the continental United States.
Awesome! Cancelled my Gamestop order since they haven't even gotten back to me. xD;

QisTopTier said:
I know kinda shits all over her refined design she's had
What you're saying would make sense if it was the same heroic spirit.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
frequency said:
Canadian GameStop delay really bums me out :(
Gives me time to finish Sonic Generations and get some work done so I'm not really complaining.

A bit disappointed I don't have anything to play while at school, though.

QisTopTier said:
I know kinda shits all over her refined design she's had
Actually it fit her well ... considering what's happenning.

i also enjoy her attitude and her remarks while exploring .

Managed to play 45 minutes ( damn you my free time ) and this game remind me of persona 3 a lot , only smaller in scope ..
I wasn't expecting something like that .

Fishious

Why did I play on normal and choose Caster??? I finally beat Shinji's servant, but it took me three tries and Caster was down to 13 hp when I finally pulled it off. I hope she improves a lot during the next round otherwise this is really gonna suck. Also I just wanted to say unlike the Fate/the Fact book the localization of the game seems pretty good. When I'm not dying I'm really enjoying the game.

frequency

Dark Schala said:
Gives me time to finish Sonic Generations and get some work done so I'm not really complaining.

A bit disappointed I don't have anything to play while at school, though.
I have other games to play too (currently playing Solatorobo) so I'm not really complaining too much. I'm pretty patient. It just makes me uncomfortable waiting for stuff that's delayed. I've had several pre-orders of things over the years that go from "delayed" to "never coming". So it makes me nervous every time.

Well this is a pretty fun game.

The story is good old Nasu. (The prologue was quite suitably creepy). The characters are fun, if you didn't feel bad when you beat Archer I don't know what to say to you.

The gameplay is more complex then it looks. It's pretty different, but I've been having fun with it so far.

Also:
Arcuied is a Servant? What? That's not supposed to be possible.

creid

Mine came in yesterday, the package is very nice. Fate/the Fact is a lot smaller than I expected. Now that GS is no longer offering the Fact and it's only available from Aksys, maybe the OP should be updated?

Oh, just as a refresher for those just joining us (and this should probably go in the OP):

Saber - Easy Mode
Archer - Normal Mode
Caster - Good Luck...

Caster was my personal favorite to play...although Archer has the best line in the game...

Ken

Just had my copy dropped off by UPS. Love the packaging, though I have to wait until after class before getting into it. D:

Fishious

Just beat the second week with Caster. In my opinion the boss was much easier than the first week's. It was probably a combination of Caster gaining the ability to restore MP on break and the fact that the enemy servant liked defending.

On the other hand I hated killing those two. Killing Shinji's one thing, but having to off likable characters is another. I hope next round's master is someone I can hate.

matmanx1

Just got my LE in today and I like what I see. Unfortunately my booklet was shipped separately and is not here yet. =( Oh well, another day or two won't kill me at this point.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Fishious said:
Just beat the second week with Caster. In my opinion the boss was much easier than the first week's. It was probably a combination of Caster gaining the ability to restore MP on break and the fact that the enemy servant liked defending.

Yeah the mana restore on break is amazing, if you stun someone, and break afterward, the spell only cost like 12 mana.

Later you will even get equipment that heal servant mana, and item that stun enemy for first 2 turns.

The game still freaking hard with those -.- On caster normal mode. On week 5 at the moment.

I hope next round's master is someone I can hate.

Let me know how you feel after week 3 lol.
--------

Important reminder, make sure you guys talk to your servant in your room everyday, otherwise you might miss a conversation to level up your servant's martix (wrong choice I heard will also mess it up).

On the one hand this game isn't difficult. On the other hand if you pick three wrong attacks in a row you just might die and lose whatever progress you might have had.

Nekobo

The LE copy I ordered from Gamestop arrived today! Sadly, the box was slightly crushed. Reminded me why I don't like ordering from their website. :/

Haven't had the chance to play much (it does feel like a visual novel), but I'm really digging the artbook/dvd case thingy. Super snazzy, so props for releasing the LE here!

I just realised that you can't use an item and a code cast the same turn .why did i figure that out during an elimination battle with ony 75 HP left ?

R_thanatos said:
I just realisez that you can't use an item and a code cast the same turn .why did i figure that out during an elimination battle with ony 75 HP left ?
Maybe you don't talk to enough NPCs. Well at least one of them mentioned that little bit, before round 3 anyways.

weeaboo

I freaking love F/E Saber, she's a little bitch at the beginning but she's growing on me.
F/E Saber > FSN Saber

Lostconfused said:
Maybe you don't talk to enough NPCs. Well at least one of them mentioned that little bit, before round 3 anyways.
you mean round 3 of the first week , right ?

Well i pay attention to those that aren't as the others ( little girl , sakura , tiger , kotomine , people in black ) for the most part .

Anyway , retrying that battle made it work better since i could do an EVEN better strategy

R_thanatos said:
you mean round 3 of the first week , right ?

Well i pay attention to those that aren't as the others ( little girl , sakura , tiger , kotomine , people in black ) for the most part .
Boring. Talk to everyone, everyone! And instead you talk to Sakura who's dialog never changes?

Lostconfused said:
Boring. Talk to everyone, everyone! And instead you talk to Sakura who's dialog never changes?
i did my best to talk to everyone ..i just didn't think that the non npc will give me tips .

I will talk to everyone now ...
Ps: sakura dialog actually changes once per week

creid

Is the artbook spoilery? I won't get a chance to play for a while, but I'd like to admire the rest ;)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
creid said:
Is the artbook spoilery? I won't get a chance to play for a while, but I'd like to admire the rest ;)

I don't believe the art book is spoilery per se, though the Fate/the Fact booklet may be somewhat more so XD

matmanx1

The Visual Book with the LE is awesome. I am super impressed. Not many illustrations but the ones that are present are very high quality and the whole presentation of the visual book with the CD nestled inside is very slick. This is definitely the most impressive PSP LE I have seen in a very long while.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
matmanx1 said:
The Visual Book with the LE is awesome. I am super impressed. Not many illustrations but the ones that are present are very high quality and the whole presentation of the visual book with the CD nestled inside is very slick. This is definitely the most impressive PSP LE I have seen in a very long while.

That's awesome :D I'm glad you like the LE contents so much!

I hope you have a great time playing the game as well! ;D

Lostconfused said:
Little update : I was at round 1 when i made this discovery ... And the Npc that tell you about it appears on round 2 (2nd day ). i had no way to know about it except by experimenting first ..

Now that explain why i didn't know about it . It seems i spoke to enough people after all

zoku88

I have to ask, what does Agility do in this game?

I probably should have asked this before (my servant is Caster, and I made Agility the second highest stat.)

zoku88 said:
I have to ask, what does Agility do in this game?

I probably should have asked this before (my servant is Caster, and I made Agility the second highest stat.)
Agility seems to raise the stability of the damages your servant does .

For exemple : with a certain amount of strenght or magic your servant does between 120 & 94 of damages , raising agility seems to make it like damages between 120&110.

Agility control the stability of the damages given and taken ...

Anyway that's how i've understood it . If anyone can confirm ?

Akselziys said:
For those of you that may have missed the Fate/the Fact booklet due to not ordering online or GameStop in general, we are now selling the Fate/EXTRA LE & SE bundled with the Fate/the Fact booklet! :D

http://www.aksysgames.com/store/#fate_extra

Bundles are limited though, so get them while they're hot! :D (prices include shipping/handling)

And just to remind you, we only ship within the continental United States.

Aww, that's super kind of you to say! Big shout out to Mike Engler (Magna Mixalis) and Hope for all their hard work on editing the game :)!
Wow, I ordered the LE on Thursday as soon as I saw it was available and I already received it. Man, what speedy shipping. Props to the Aksys Store guys for shipping it so fast!

Thanks!

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Big Papa Husker said:
Wow, I ordered the LE on Thursday as soon as I saw it was available and I already received it. Man, what speedy shipping. Props to the Aksys Store guys for shipping it so fast!

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you got it already :D!

Have fun enjoying the game, LE, and booklet! :D

exhume

Arright, I'm interested in this game but not sure it's for me.

- I love jrpgs, obvs.
- Adore a good story and good character designs
- Not a huge fan of action games and frankly prefer easier RPGs to more 'challenging' ones
- Love a bit of bromance though and wanted to play male MC + Archer but apparently Saber is the easy mode?
- hatehatehate random encounters
- Also hate dungeons that are easy to get lost in

Any advice, bros/sisbros?

Top Bottom