• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| Excalibur in your pocket

expressioned

Neo Member
Share your team and CEs. Maybe i might be able to help.

Alright, that would be great! Thanks a lot.
I'm currently using Drake, Altera and Kintoki in my party. At the moment I have just enough AP to run the 3 of them with CEs. The problem I'm having is deciding what CEs to put on who, and to actually set up a team with synergy.
PZecDks.jpg
oJ1ZT08.jpg

I see. So many 5 stars *_*

Anyways, the first issue is that you're not using all of your team slots. You should raise 1 or 2 more servants to a decent level first.

Kintoki:
Use shirtless Kirei on Kintoki to increase his survivability. While loli rin is good, it only works for the first 3 turns. I'd recommend that on a servant that you'll have to use later rather than someone who'll be with you from the start. Another good CE to use on him would be Halloween Princess.

Drake
I think Heaven's Feel would be a better fit for her as she should be able to accumulate NP easily, especially with her skills. Another alternative would be Prisma Cosmos, I guess. Only do this if you choose to give Halloween Princess to Kintoki.

Attila
You could also just switch her 4* rin with Halloween Princess and give it to Kintoki too, as she should have an easier time building her NP gauge than Kintoki.
------------------------------------------

What your team ultimately lacks is a backup or a support servant. Your starting 3 is really good, and has synergy with each other. You will need to experiment and decide in the end what CEs you have to use with your main party and how you manage your Party cost is also up to you.

I don't use all the slots on mine too, for example. I have 2 servants on reserve and usually start with either Jeanne or Vlad from my friendlist with Nero and EMIYA as my starters.

expressioned

Neo Member
Se7enSword -
Thanks a lot for the advice!
Yup, I'm lacking AP to put servants in my reserves as I'm level 66 at the moment. Waiting for tomorrow's dailies to level up. I'd drop a 5 star now...but its pretty hard to do so as I've only been levelling them solely.

Each day will feature two quests, one that focuses on ascension / skill items for a specific class, and one that focuses on EXP, or in the case of Sunday, QP. After the renewal, the old quests will go away, which means no more Bond and Master training stages. Also, each week will reset the Mana Prism reward that comes from the quests. Finally, all quests will now have a 40ap option.

Monday

Archer Items

Lancer, Assassin, Berserker EXP

Tuesday

Lancer Items

Saber, Rider, Berserker EXP

Wednesday

Berserker Items

Archer, Caster, Berserker EXP

Thursday

Rider Items

Lancer, Assassin, Berserker EXP

Friday

Caster Items

Saber, Rider, Berserker EXP

Saturday

Assassin Items

Archer, Caster, Berserker EXP

Sunday

Saber Items

QP Quest
Shamelessly taken from Reddit

Good. Only problem I have with it is that instead of Master EXP they kept QP Collection. Does anyone even play those?

Though I guess removing Master EXP makes sense. A ton of players are at level 100 anyway. At 86 I can't really complain either.

Shouta

Oh snap, I just read the notes and Lancelot's weapon is changing to his Arondight in his 3rd form. Finally!

expressioned

Neo Member
From what I've read on the site, the prisms from clearing dailies will be reset every week too. That's gotta be the best part of it. I just need hearts for ascension now, so here's hoping that the new dailies will have an improved drop rate.

Oh snap, I just read the notes and Lancelot's weapon is changing to his Arondight in his 3rd form. Finally!

literal gamechanger

managed to get all of the new 3 star Servants from the new pool but still no 5-stars. Which is just as well since I'm swimming in 4 stars anyway

did manage to get the Sakura 4-star and 5-star CEs to make up for the otherwise disappointing Servant drop.

so many 5-star CEs I'm drowning in them

Just to confirm, the servant items are skills and class statues right? I was getting my hopes up thinking you can get stuff like horse shoes in rider quests. Foolish of me

Just to confirm, the servant items are skills and class statues right? I was getting my hopes up thinking you can get stuff like horse shoes in rider quests. Foolish of me

That was my initial assumption until that heart image a couple of posts above popped up. We'll have to see if it's obtainable, and if so, then how rare it so to obtain it.

I just need some infinity gears for Emiya's ascension and some for Nero's future skill upgrades.

Arcblast

Neo Member
Yeah, it's better to just be patient and slowly play this game than to spend money on it. I was in Japan last month and thought I could get some google play points for this game so I did. Turns out it was a huge waste of money lolll.

Then my secondary account which I didn't pay anything got Drake and Emiya last week... and Camilla before that. That made me feel... complicated.

Luckily the main account finally pulled Jeanne d'Arc earlier today (tears)... I guess I can now feel a bit better with my primary account because without Jeanne, I would only have five 4* servants vs. four 4* servent + one 5* servants on my free account.

So yeah, don't waste your money. Not worth it.

I'm having difficulty with the last one. Mary rekt me. Rest of my party is too underleveled and I need ascension materials to have a chance. ;_;

I find the 30AP more difficult due to the giant dragon wiping out most of my team before the last fight. For the 40AP one I was lucky enough to use Hercules NP to take down 50% of her health in one go.

I find the 30AP more difficult due to the giant dragon wiping out most of my team before the last fight. For the 40AP one I was lucky enough to use Hercules NP to take down 50% of her health in one go.
My Carmilla took care of the dragon, glad I leveled her up to 63 as soon as I could.

I don't have a strong zerker. I have tamamo cat which is still at level 10. I don't know if she's worth to invest upon as I don't play Buster builds.

My Carmilla took care of the dragon, glad I leveled her up to 63 as soon as I could.

I don't have a strong zerker. I have tamamo cat which is still at level 10. I don't know if she's worth to invest upon as I don't play Buster builds.

Having 3 berserkers on my team means I have to go buster. Speaking of, how are other people builds? I've only ever known busters and use support NP to get through everything so far.

expressioned

Neo Member
Having 3 berserkers on my team means I have to go buster. Speaking of, how are other people builds? I've only ever known busters and use support NP to get through everything so far.

I've been running Attila, Kintoki/Drake and 1 Support (I always go for Gilgamesh or Arturia) for the dailies. Using busters and support NP has never been my way to go, I mix it up with quick, arts and busters depending on whether I have Drake at the front to clear the current dailies at least. Its a lot harder than I thought it would be. Well, they are reducing the difficulty in the upcoming maintenance, while also adjusting the drop rates for the 10,20 and 30 AP variant dailies.

Has anyone had luck farming horseshoes in Okeanos? I need 5 to ascend Attila ;x

I play a Quick/Arts hybrid these days.

Nero - Carmilla - Emiya as the main starters. It has worked quite well...except when the miniboss shows up in wave 2 of the new 40 AP ascension quests.

Though, that was down to me also underutilizing the timing of activating skills. I just beat it now, I can't multi-task in 40 AP quests anymore lol

EDIT: Another maintenance today from 2300~0000

Daily EXP Quests difficulty will be reduced, and rarity of drops increased. DW will continue to work on the Training Grounds (Skill / Ascension Items) quests, and will report their progress at a later date.

1 Apoligem and 1 Apple will be given out.

Shouta

I need golden Rider pieces, a few dragon hides to bring Drake to her last form. That grind is gonna be fun unless a new event shows up soon.

Good thing I still have like 20 golden apples.

Arabesque

Maybe Scathach will show up. Just the GudaGuda version of her

From the silhouette on the announcement page, seems like Sakura Saber and Nobou are getting their Chibi forms lol

inb4 all the missing commercial servants and Mordred show up as special servants in the event before their proper versions.

Sukospin

Newbie here, where can i farm exp cards for Assasin , berserker or rider?

Taken from reddit:

And for those that don't live in Japan. The new day starts at 7:00am PST || 10:00am EST || 3:00pm UTC

M - Lancer Items + EXP: Saber & Rider

T - Berserker Items + EXP: Archer & Caster

W - Rider Items + EXP: Lancer & Assassin

T - Caster Items + EXP: Saber & Rider

F - Assassin Items + EXP: Archer & Caster

S - Saber Items + QP

S - Archer Items + EXP: Lancer & Asasssin

Shouta

There are apparently special Mashu CE codes at the Kinokuniya up here. I think I need to go get one.

It's the guide book though lol

New Sakura Saber and Nobunaga event later today

Items you can buy:
* Feather
* Gears
* Dragon Scale
* Lore
* QUARTZ
* APPLES
* QP
* Items used to lvl up CEs
* Golden Skull (Nobunaga's ascension item)
* Pages
* Fous
* HEARTS
* Event limited CE (3 copy of the same one, it seems)
* Other stuff (EXP, more common Ascension items)

Ugh. I want hearts but I don't want to play this game.

Even with the faster combat I'm spending more time watching animations and loading screens than issuing commands.

Ugh. I want hearts but I don't want to play this game.

Even with the faster combat I'm spending more time watching animations and loading screens than issuing commands.

Just multitask? I play with while watching something usually, or while playing another game. Issue commands in 5 seconds, and when voices end, issue commands again.

Top Bottom