• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fates Forever |OT| The First MOBA Exclusively for Tablets (and it's good!)

Vire

iTunes Store Link: Out Now!

Introduction Cinematic

FEATURES

- Touch, swipe, draw, and tap frantically to slay your enemies.
- Play in real time with teammates to coordinate winning strategies.
- Breathtaking art and music from the amazing artists behind Borderlands, Doom 3, Magic the Gathering, and Mass Effect.
- Customize your heroes with more than 40 incredible items and 12 relics.
- An indie developer team that really cares. Tell us what you want in our forums (we’ll build it!).
- Voice chat and party system
- Continuous updates adding new heroes, items, and game features.

REVIEWS:

Pocket Gamer - 9/10

Game Reactor Denmark - 8/10

SCREENS:

iSuj5Lmqe2v0T.jpeg
ibzcrN1z3JSR9t.jpeg

OP's Note: This game is pretty damn cool and I'm not even a huge MOBA fan, it has great controls, is incredibly polished (runs at 60 FPS on iPad Air) and has a full online party system. It definitely feels like a game designed from the ground up for the iPad. Microtransactions are not in your face or required to enjoy this game.

Please feel free to leave your username so we can get some GAF games going!

Flunkie

Banned
Never have been able to get into MOBAs like Dota, but I played Solstice Arena and I think they're a great fit for the platform. Excited to play this.

Keasar

There is a launch bundle mentioned on the itunes store but I can't find it in the game, is it already removed?

Vire

There is a launch bundle mentioned on the itunes store but I can't find it in the game, is it already removed?

Should be in the game menu under "Home". It's $20 to gain unlock every hero.

The game is pretty generous however with how it handles heroes, so it's not really necessary. But if you really like the game, knock yourself out.

been playing this game the past couple days, and im digging it. its a lot easier to get into than LoL or DOTA but doesnt feel uber casual

Keasar

Should be in the game menu under "Home". It's $20 to gain unlock every hero.

The game is pretty generous however with how it handles heroes, so it's not really necessary. But if you really like the game, knock yourself out.

Can't see any, is it the big banner, cause all I get is the launch banner, the free heroes, the champion pup and user interface info? Or maybe its in a specific region? Did they remove it in the European version? :(

Edit: Found what it was, had to complete a online match first to get the offer. They should have made that a bit clearer. :p

Wthermans

Banned
Anyone figure out what capturing the shrines does?
Supposed to be a gold boost and hp/mp per sec boost.

I am Wthermans in game. Add me and we can play some. Only lvl 10.

I enjoyed SA until they added the Character that could place ghost outside their base and warp any time they pleased.

This is actually pretty addicting! MOBA on tablets done right.

(Though this just makes me even more hyped for the Witcher MOBA)

Vire

Supposed to be a gold boost and hp/mp per sec boost.

I am Wthermans in game. Add me and we can play some. Only lvl 10.

I enjoyed SA until they added the Character that could place ghost outside their base and warp any time they pleased.

Cool, sending a friend request over. My username is audioandy if anyone wants to send an invite.

Penny Arcade (Gabe) did a little writeup about Fates Forever:

http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2014/07/07/video-games3

Seems to like it!

Vire

Tidbits from the Twitch Stream:

• Shrine is getting a buff/clearer explanation in the next update
  • Jungling will be made easier in the next update
  • Skins are coming for current heroes
  • New Heroes will be coming in the order listed on the coming soon. So "Mona" is first.
  • No PC version
  • A wolf character is coming.
  • Story is that all the animals heroes were once human and are fighting in the vale for redemption.
  • Proficiency has no impact on gameplay, just and indicator.

Damn, I just got my ass kicked in past threes games! Looks all the MOBA veterans are showing up now.

And I was having such a blast playing with scrubs. :)

Been playing this. Something frustrating is that there's no report system yet. I've been paired with absolutely atrocious players who fed and then abandoned within the first 5 minutes and I have to sit there fighting a losing battle or quit. And the person gets basically no penalty for doing so.

I'd also like to add some GAFers at some point. I'm not super amazing, but I'm aware enough to not rush into death traps and such which seems to be better than a good chunk of the current playerbase.

Gowans

I missed this ot, thanks for the pointer.

It's really really good, nice quick and simple and does for when I'm not at my PC.

Loving it.

Add me Gowans007

I missed this ot, thanks for the pointer.

It's really really good, nice quick and simple and does for when I'm not at my PC.

Loving it.

Add me Gowans007

Added. I am Meeb.

I want to fool around with the voice chat later tonight. Hit me up if you play later today! This game should be beautiful with some real teamwork.

Gowans

Added. I am Meeb.

I want to fool around with the voice chat later tonight. Hit me up if you play later today! This game should be beautiful with some real teamwork.

Sorry man, I'm in UK so I was sleeping. I've added you, look forward to getting our game in :)

SteveWD40

Mike at Penny Arcade loves it

Pretty big endorsement there. I am loving this on my Air so far, it's just so well built, the UI and art, just the feel of the game is premium.

I grabbed the launch bundle as I am hoping the developer is rewarded for not low-balling iOS gamers and this title will be supported for a long time.

I actually think they need to add more cosmetics (skins) and the like pretty soon to keep the cash rolling in.

ShowDog

This game is pretty fun to play on a lunch break or in bed. Anyone? Unfortunately it crashes from lack of memory quite often on the iPad 2, and likely even on the newer devices if the forums are to be believed.

Rrang129

Started to play this today - really fun! Performance on iPad 2 can be kinda rotten in spots, but otherwise it works alright.

My name is Rrang if anyone wants to add me!

kvothe

Thanks to Drew from Giant Bomb mentioning this recently (even played it on UPF) I've gotten into this game. It's pretty great. So much more approachable than other Mobas. I do mis-click (or touch, rather) due to the touch controls, which could be terrible mid-battle, but I can forgive that. Maybe the abilities buttons should be made larger? A row of squares instead of circles perhaps?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Likewise I tried this out on Drew's recommendation. Big time Dota 2 player and this game really holds up. Better than some games in the genre I've played on PC.

I was just searching for something other than vainglory to play and I ran across this. It seems extremely dead :( now I see it didn't get much attention in the first place judging by this thread.

Just from playing the tutorial I really like the character speed as opposed to vainglory. It looks very pretty as well.

Top Bottom