• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend Of Heroes: Trails Through Daybreak | Review Thread

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
It’s a shame we never got an OT for this. Even resetera “this game is problematic” has one.

I’m still trying to get back to this. Took a break to play Octopath Traveler, which took a break to play Lies of P. I finished P and am near the end of Octopath after 80 hours. I’m desperately craving my Trails again. I wasn’t even that far in. I had just found the dude’s bike.
They're a way bigger forum than current GAF so they have lots of people who are up for doing OTs (they're even doing OTs for niche indie games). That said, I would've done one if I wasn't busy during the game's launch window, but it is what it is. :/

That said, - and while I can't make any promises - I'll try to do one for whenever Trails through Daybreak 2 releases next year.

Last edited:

Skifi28

My Trails backlog is scary at the moment. Still have to play:

Trails From Zero
Trails To Azure
Nayuta - Boundless Trails
Trails Into Reveries

Before I can even get to Daybreak. Hopefully I can get them all done soon before I start Daybreak
It's not scary, it's lovely. You're done with the kind of tedious ones (at least for me) and you have some of the best to play.

Edit: I have no idea what Nayuta is, talking about the rest.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
It's not scary, it's lovely. You're done with the kind of tedious ones (at least for me) and you have some of the best to play.

It's a Trails spin-off which was finally localized in English last year. Bought it day 1 to support Falcom, but it's currently sitting in my backlog. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I have a feeling that Legend of Nayuta Boundless Trails is gonna to be required to understand the full story. I haven't finished it yet but I noticed that there's some interesting connections in the story that relate to the mainline series. One aspect is particularly SUS, I'm not going to detail it because it does go into Spoilers

Skifi28 Skifi28 Thick Thighs Save Lives Thick Thighs Save Lives

The Legend of Nayuta Boundless Trails is on every platform I think. I've been playing it on Switch

Last edited:
Shit, one more to add to the pile.

Take your time with the games

I'm jealous of people starting the franchise now since now all of the game have been released in America

Well on Steam that is

If you have a Steamdeck, I highly recommend to install all the games and slowly go through them. Also play shorter games in between if you feel burnout

Each game is a massive undertaking and the franchise has a high barrier of entry

Skifi28

Take your time with the games

I'm jealous of people starting the franchise now since now all of the game have been released in America

Well on Steam that is

If you have a Steamdeck, I highly recommend to install all the games and slowly go through them. Also play shorter games in between if you feel burnout

Each game is a massive undertaking and the franchise has a high barrier of entry
I made the mistake of rushing through and even youtubing some of them, but after appreciating the franchise more I'm going back and playing through those I missed. It's hard to believe I didn't even know about the games a couple of years earlier.

I made the mistake of rushing through and even youtubing some of them, but after appreciating the franchise more I'm going back and playing through those I missed. It's hard to believe I didn't even know about the games a couple of years earlier.

Cold Steel on Vita was the first Trails I played

I played the first two Cold Steel on Vita
I played Cold Steel III on PS4
I played TITS Trilogy on Steam
I played Cold Steel IV on PS4
I played Zero, Azure and Trails into Reverie on Switch
I played Kuro No Kiseki I and II on Steam (Using a fan translation patch)

I reccomand not rushing. Glad you are going back. The TITS Trilogy and Crossbell Duology are fantastic

I kind of wish that I waited on the Crossbell games to come out over here since I would have understood Cold Steel III and IV better

But yeah you are in for a ride

Ultros

I'll have to first finish off "Into Reverie" to finish off the Erebonia Arc. Currently finishing off Dying Light for the platinum trophy then I'll probably start with "Into Reverie". I do get sidetracked with Helldivers 2 also. So I uninstalled it because it was consuming too much of my time.

JackMcGunns

wolf-of.gif

How did he not win an Oscar for this role?

Maybe I will give this a go on the switch as seeing that Square didn't release visions of mana for it, will eventually want a new jrpg. ( i don't get enough time in front of the tv to warrant a ps5 purchase unless on deep sale)
This looks more reminiscent of older trails games in aesthetics, although i haven't really been paying attention since cold steel 1 and 2 threw me off.

I loved Legend of Heroes on PSP (the trilogy everyone forgets existed Gagharv trilogy) and Trails games, but I tried cold steel when it came out on vita and it lost me. The school setting killed the game for me. It was overkill, especially coming off persona 4 golden, i was tired of it.

I'd love for a remaster/remake of the Gagharv and trials games on switch, and a Y's compilation from y's 1 to y's7 (all made by Falcom. Release them on switch and people will buy (or at least i will, lol)

Last edited:
I'm just a bit into Chapter 3 now and enjoying it. The best start to a new arc they've had since I started the series IMO. It's not better than Into Reverie though which I always knew was going to be tough for this game to beat because it was the start of a new arc and the first game is always a ton of world building. While Reverie is basically their Infinity Wars.

Top Bottom