• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

Everyone watch Sting vs DDP from Nitro in 1998. Its gonna be on the Best of Nitro Vol 2 DVD set this time round thankfully.

<3

So good they just did it again later on with the exact same finish lol.

DDP vs Goldberg from Halloween Havoc was good too surprising to most.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
why the fuck did the entire group of Aces and Eights run from Bully Ray?

It was Hogan in the ring about to get beat down by 15 dudes...Bully runs out with a fucking 3 inch chain and they run away like bitches

jred2k

It's one of the best movies in history.

vzHs1bh.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Everyone watch Sting vs DDP from Nitro in 1998. Its gonna be on the Best of Nitro Vol 2 DVD set this time round thankfully.

<3

So good they just did it again later on with the exact same finish lol.

DDP vs Goldberg from Halloween Havoc was good too surprising to most.

is this on that dvd?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm really quite surprised by how much I enjoyed Del Rio vs Dolph on Main Event. It was by no means an amazing match, but with lack of any expectations from either of them to make me invested in this particular fight, it succeeded in good ring action.

Now I actually want Dolph to win/lose and then cash in the contract to set up this match at Wrestlemania with far more time to prepare for spots and sells.

MC Safety

Goldberg and Jimmy King is a pretty good tag team.

You know how Goldberg offers to team with Jimmy King at the end of that movie and Jimmy King says no, I want to team with David Arquette as the cop?

Were I Jimmy King, I would have picked Goldberg to be my tag team partner.

Was that the one from early '98 when Sting was champ and DDP was US champ? If it is, I remember my friend and I making people wait to leave the hotel during Spring Break because we had to finish watching it.

It's THAT good of a match.

McNei1y

You know how Goldberg offers to team with Jimmy King at the end of that movie and Jimmy King says no, I want to team with David Arquette as the cop?

Yeah. I would probably have taken a second or two to think about that offer at least.

Alucard

Banned
why the fuck did the entire group of Aces and Eights run from Bully Ray?

It was Hogan in the ring about to get beat down by 15 dudes...Bully runs out with a fucking 3 inch chain and they run away like bitches

Yeah, that was a really awful and illogical ending. Didn't make any sense.

Aries and Roode were superb, though. Man, I wonder if they wrote that, or if it was written for them.

strobogo

Banned
wcw2000.tumblr.com

WCW Thunder 11/8/2000

Thunder debuts at its brand new time of five whole minutes earlier.

TO THE BACK. Sanders is looking over booking his card when Booker T asks for a match with Stasiak. Meat is already booked against Nash. Booker gets Mike Awesome. MIKE SANDERS IS NOT THE COMMISSIONER. HE LOST IT LAST WE ON NITRO. Are they really going to just pretend that Ric Flair didn't come back and make a rematch for the commissionership that Cat won in like 2 minutes?

Evan Karagias vs Jamie Knoble

vlcsnap-2013-02-14-16h57m29s128_zpsffb75694.png

BY GOD. I hope they mention that Jamie obviously isn't Asian. Boring chants literally with in the first 15 seconds. Lex vs Bam Bam vs Goldberg is the main event tonight. Stevie says his 6 year old daughter likes 3 Count more than the Backstreet Boys. Tony's reaction? "Really? Get her to listen to NSYNC god damn, or something, 98 Degrees." No one cares about this. I don't think anyone even realizes that Jamie Knoble is actually Jamie-San. It's just a random short dude against the clearly worst dude of 3 Count. Jamie is a straight up mini-Benoit clone. He does all of Benoit's moves in the same manner, wears the same kind of tights. Stevie says that he missed last week, but last thing he knew, Jamie was Asian. Tony says he was wearing a hood and obviously was not Oriental. 2 Count take Evan out and Jamie wins. Jamie saves Evan from a beat down after the match.

TO THE BACK. Gene is with the Boogie Knights. Gene tells Disco his hat sucks and he should burn the rest of his clothes, too.

Reno vs Crowbar WCW Hardcore Championship

Crowbar is back to the 70s stuff, but still comes out to his old screaming metal music. Crowbar just blatantly steals Sabu moves and spots. There was a ladder under the ring. Reno weights 270? I call bullshit on that. An attempted belly to belly into a ladder propped up in the corner. They were too far out and the only thing that touched the ladder was Crowbar's foot. This gets pretty vicious before heading to the back. They get back on the stage when Steven Van Zant kicks Reno off the stage. Crowbar jumps off and is the new Hardcore Champion. During the break, Awesome and Hugh celebrated with him.

vlcsnap-2013-02-14-17h37m05s83_zps102dcac6.png

TO THE BACK.
Gene is with the new champ, MIA, and Mike Awesome. He's raising the standards of hardcore for WCW.

Disqo vs Konnan

I think the stipulations are that if Disqo wins, Konnan isn't allowed to talk about him anymore. Kidman says the Boogie Knights are the worst tag team of all time. Tony asks if they are worse than the Ding Dongs. lol. Alex trips up Konnan. Rey and Kidman jump Alex. Disco takes both of them out. Alex breaks up a pin only for Konnan to win with an X-Factor anyway. It may have been a fast count since he and #hardbodiedref got into during the match.

TO THE BACK.
Boogie Knights were seen talking to Kronik. Gene is with Awesome. He's going to win the title tonight.

TO THE INTERVIEW. Mark Madden chats with The Cat. No one hates Mark Madden more than The Cat. Cat is no longer commissioner. WHAT. He won the rematch and full commissionership back the very next night after he lost it. He'll fuck the Battledome guys up.

vlcsnap-2013-02-14-17h47m14s26_zpse4a150a2.png

TO THE BACK
. Steiner is worried Flair will actually fire him. He asks Sanders for help. Maybe if he goes to anger management, corporate America can't turn their backs on an employee who admits he has a problem. Oh, look, another thing WWE stole.

David Flair comes to the ring. He still wants to know who the father is. Now he thinks it might be Rey Jr. Tony says women fall all over Rey every week. I have a hard time believing that women fall over themselves for a jacked up 12 year old. Rey says he is NOT the father, but he'll be David's daddy tonight.

Rey Mysterio Jr. vs David Flair

Tony says that many a man has had a YAK on the side. That is known as a squack, according to Stevie. Stevie SHOOTS on T-Money Terry Crews. FACE FULL OF YAK! Rey wins pretty easily.

vlcsnap-2013-02-14-17h57m58s61_zps8c5b5076.png

Kevin Nash vs Shawn Stasiak

Nash comes out with the Thrillers. Stasiak comes out with Kronik. Sanders bans Kronik from ringside, and since they get paid upfront, they don't care. What the hell, the Thrillers turn on Nash? SWERVE. THE ULTIMATE SWERVE! Booker comes down to make a save. Why they fuck would he save Nash? Am I to believe that the Thrillers had set up months worth of stuff with Nash just to turn on him?

vlcsnap-2013-02-14-18h03m07s81_zpsc3ddf0af.png

TO THE BACK.
Trainer checks on Nash who does a Tommy Boy reference.

A weird Steiner video package is shown with fast cuts, him in a straight jacket, and crazy music.

TO THE BACK. Gene is with Lex and Bam Bam. Goldberg is about to bury 1994 WWF.

Lance Storm vs Meng

Lance is still covered in glitter from Nitro. Kwee Wee and Paisley are also out. She says that Kwee Wee is just like a Mini Meng. Lol, Meng sells for Prime Time. Duggan waffles Kwee Wee on the floor. Deathgrip on both Hacksaw and Prime Time on the floor gets Meng counted out, so Lance wins.

vlcsnap-2013-02-14-23h38m59s129_zps13af3566.png

Booker T vs Mike Awesome WCW Championship

They're saying that Awesome didn't get his title shot, but he did, it was just a 3 way dance instead of a singles match. Stevie reads the riot act to Tony for asking stupid questions about Booker's gloves. Stevie reminds me of Jesse Ventura. Not that he's anywhere close to being as good at his job as Jesse, but in the way that he shits on things that are stupid and will fuck with his fellow announcers for fun. Glitter is EVERYWHERE. Stevie suggests that Kwee Wee should be fined. Awesome has been dominating. And he's kind of working heel. "I know him like a book. You know why, Tony?" "Cuz....he's....your brother?" "That's right." German through a table in the corner, but Booker kicked out. Book wins with a Book End. This was pretty good. There have been more quality TV matches in 2 weeks than there had been in 3 months prior. I don't know why this wasn't the main event.

vlcsnap-2013-02-14-23h51m25s165_zpse71bd72d.png

TO THE BACK
. Some monster of a woman interviews Bob Sapp! This is terrible. Bob Sapp is an awful promo. This woman is awful. This is hyping a Tough Man contest with Refridgerator Perry. Sam Greco is training him. Well, that's nice, Sam Greco hasn't been on TV since being this super huge signing. Maybe if WCW had focused on the talent they had instead of doing cross overs with knock off American Gladiators and worrying about signing SHOOT fighters.

vlcsnap-2013-02-14-23h51m44s97_zpsfe5e4cd8.png

Bam Bam Big Yellow vs Lex Luger vs Goldberg

Kronik are also out. They chokeslam #hardbodiedref.

TO THE BACK.
Boogie Knights pay off Kronik.

After a break, the match starts with a new ref. This is terrible. Lex is so blown up he actually has to sit down and rest. He hasn't even done anything. Goldberg spears Bam Bam, Lex bails, then he hits the jackhammer for the win.

Jimmy King was responsible for Goldberg's success though. There was no reason for him to team up with Goldberg again.

Honest question: Did anyone ever really like Lex Luger?
Yeah. I was a young teenager when I got back into it and I actually started with the first Nitro after Hogan turned. I was impressed with the torture rack and at weightlifting I'd always try to dance my pecks like him. My tastes shifted but at first I was definitely in awe of the total package.

Was that the one from early '98 when Sting was champ and DDP was US champ? If it is, I remember my friend and I making people wait to leave the hotel during Spring Break because we had to finish watching it.

It's THAT good of a match.

Yup, it was glorious! I don't even think it was the main even either, it was like mid show to grab early attention or something. I have no idea what else was on that Nitro because it really didn't matter lol.

Speaking of glorious things, I say this everytime Ready To Rumble is bought up, but man I remember having the biggest (16? 17? year old) boner for Rose McGowan. :)

(being a WCW mark I also just thought the movie was good in general too, feel like watching it now.)

So finished week 3 of DDP Yoga. Today had a new program called 'Fat Burner' - this is more like it! 25 minutes of faster paced exercise. Heart was pounding.

How do you feel? Lost any weight? Look any different?

Only 3 weeks, and the first 2 weeks were probably 'too soft/relaxed' as it's just repeating the basic exercises over and over again. You only do 3 days out of the week too. Still enjoying it, and I guess my sides are gaining something from it. Still the same weight, I'm about half a stone (7lbs) over the recommended weight for my height and build. So it shouldn't be too hard to shift that if I keep this going, I guess.

Top Bottom