• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February WrassleGAF |BO-T| And Bo-ing is Half the Battle

KissVibes

Banned
Shark Johnson it's just becoming sad at this point!

Hey man, I want my brother to think I'm cool, okay? And if he was watching Raw one night and a goddamn SHARK JOHNSON sign popped up I know that he'd be hyped as fuck. Then I can talk about how I have all these fans and shit and become his favorite wrestler.

jred2k

Putting this out there.

If you are attending a Televised WWE Event and get a "BELIEVE IN SHARK JOHNSON" sign to show up on TV I will pay YOU cash money or make a donation to the charity of your choosing. PM me for details.

Only Canadians will probably get this, but:

pstPR1220-Oliver04.jpg

Hey man, I want my brother to think I'm cool, okay? And if he was watching Raw one night and a goddamn SHARK JOHNSON sign popped up I know that he'd be hyped as fuck. Then I can talk about how I have all these fans and shit and become his favorite wrestler.

What if it says Dwayne "The Shark" Johnson and there's a cartoon Dwayne Johnson on it with a sharks fin? would your gambit still work?

Though we all know that The Great White has a monopoly on shark signs.

Laserfrog

I'd pay people in monopoly money if they make a sign that was just blank so when it was seen on TV people would be confused or thought they just couldn't see so good.

I got a leaflet through for cash4pens the other day. Pens? Sure, here's a bag of pens I don't need any more. I'm sure that'll bring in that much needed cash.

Also, all this talk of Shark Johnson makes me think of Sharky & George. Sigh. I miss the 80's.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Part of being a pro wrestler is looking like a bad ass, and part of looking like a bad ass is looking huge.
There weren't really many huge guys in wrestling until Bruno Sammartino, and it wasn't until the late 70s and 80s that size really became a thing for wrestlers.

Cagey

Banned
There weren't really many huge guys in wrestling until Bruno Sammartino, and it wasn't until the late 70s and 80s that size really became a thing for wrestlers.

Sure, but the late 70s is now more than 30 years ago, and the 70s was when fitness culture and bros even lifting started to become more popular and 'mainstream'. So it's not a recent phenomenon, even if it's not the way the business always has been.

I don't think it's a requirement. I do think it can only help a wrestler to be in better shape in terms of physical aesthetics.

Most important is having a look that resonates with people and that people will remember. Otherwise, you're Just A Dude.

Bowser

Remember how last year's build was Taker wanting the rematch because of VENGENACE, emo haircutting, and Triple H claiming he may have lost the battle, but won the war?

lol wtf

jred2k

Did you guys know that the dirt used during Buried Alive matches is actually ground up Oreo cookies? The loser actually has to eat their way out of their grave after the match.

KissVibes

Banned
This is ridiculous. Sharks don't even have johnsons, they have claspers.

Why does it always go to dicks? Why.

The name Shark Johnson comes from two things:

1) My fear of the ocean
2) Don Johnson of Nash Bridges fame

If I wasn't into pro-wrestling I'd be a white basketball player from the 1980s rocking a sick afro.

Everybody thinks my name is some way of talking about Shark dicks. It ain't, okay?

Bowser

Why does it always go to dicks? Why.

The name Shark Johnson comes from two things:

1) My fear of the ocean
2) Don Johnson of Nash Bridges fame

If I wasn't into pro-wrestling I'd be a white basketball player from the 1980s rocking a sick afro.

Everybody thinks my name is some way of talking about Shark dicks. It ain't, okay?

whatever shark dick

:p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What are you talking about? Don Johnson's fame is from Miami Vice, one of the finest shows that ever aired next to Kojak.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
No more Miami Vice poems? I was rhyming Miami Vice with Miami Vice AND thrice I'm real good at this.

You ain't got the money to pay the price
for Miami Vice
3 blind mice?
Go get your vice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As we are nearing March 1st will there be another GAF Rumble?

Not too soon, maybe post-mania to set the tone for the Summerslam arc. It'll be a Summer Slamboree.

I really want to get a 3DS XL. Is the normal price $200? Anyone seen deals lower than that?

You can find one in the Buy/Sell/trade thread for cheaper. I think $200 is the normal price.

BTW I been playin' Fire Emblem. It's the bomb.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I barely ever touch my 3DS. Kind of regretting it. The only things I'm kind of interested in are Pokemon and Luigi's. Lego GTA and W101 on Wii U looks more interesting.

Kane would get a Vita, since it needs to get over and Kane has no problem with that.

Kane would have a Lynx. He'd be like 'ITS STILL NEW TO ME!'

Top Bottom