• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavaloo

When did Ziggler lose the belt to Del Rio? Between then and Del Rio dropping the belt to Cena, the guy was stale/boring as hell.

Carnby

Oh you didn't know????

Well...

It's in New Orleans!

Mercedes-benz-superdome-new-orleans-11.jpg

Thanks for the call.

I took a nap on the cat walk of the super dome. I'm serious.

Sabucin

I still really like this promo package from last year's rumble

It sucked because Punk was busting his ass and had a great run as a champion, but he couldn't main event WM.
It was like Kurt Angle and his first champ reign, he won the Armaggedon Hell In a Cell match... he had an amazing run, but he was defeated by The Rock ONE MONTH after WM.
Coincidence? I don't fucking think so!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Will the WWE Network put up Prime TIme Wrestling as a prelude to RAW?

I wish. I think WWE is focusing on Raw and SD content first, then going back to mine older show. I loved WWF Prime Time. The roundtable discussions with Vince, Perfect, Heenan, and whoever they'd dig up on the face side (Monsoon usually, sometimes Slick...or Hillbilly Jim) was so great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Minoru Suzuki's KinPuro card opening is almost done! So excited.

Pavaloo

It sucked because Punk was busting his ass and had a great run as a champion, but he couldn't main event WM.
It was like Kurt Angle and his first champ reign, he won the Armaggedon Hell In a Cell match... he had an amazing run, but he was defeated by The Rock ONE MONTH after WM.
Coincidence? I don't fucking think so!

Punk lost the title after 434 days, I don't really like his run too much but I leave that to creative and not Punk. Rock did however, give Punk his greatest/most memorable feud of his entire reign and made Punk look like a million bucks. Who can stop this dastardly CM Punk? Seemingly no one, except one of arguably the greatest wrestlers of all time.

I do agree however, with the sentiment that Punk deserves to main event a WM.

What's the wrasslegaf mania presence looking like? I'm staying at the Embassy Suites in Nola with some friends coming on the Thursday before. I'll be doing the wwn shows and Mania and Raw.

Sabucin

BTW, a wild random youtube video appeared and was about Renee Dupree.
My question is: Why he left? He was fired or he quit?

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Not going to lie! Only reason I came back was because of The Rock. I stayed for Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Cesaro, etc...

I came back the first time since I was working at THQ and on the WWE games. The second time was because of the Rock. I'm only sticking around because of Bryan, Cesaro, The Shield, and The Wyatts right now. Also, my girlfriend is starting to get into the WWE, but her favorite is CM Punk, so him leaving isn't helping her interest level.

jmdajr

PREMIUM VIP TICKETS — $175*
Premium VIP tickets include:
- Autograph and professional photo with a Premium VIP WWE Superstar
- Exclusive VIP line at the event entrance
- (1) 8x10 glossy photo of the appearing Superstar
- (1) Copy of the "WWE 50" book: Celebrating 50 Years of Sports Entertainment

Premium VIP Signing Schedule
Friday, April 4
6 p.m. – John Cena
8 p.m. – Batista

Saturday, April 5
3 p.m. – The Undertaker

VIP TICKETS — $95*
VIP tickets include:
- Autograph and professional photo with a VIP WWE Superstar
- Exclusive VIP line at the event entrance
- (1) 8x10 glossy photo of the appearing Superstar

VIP Signing Schedule
Thursday, April 3
6 p.m. – Randy Orton
8 p.m. – Bret Hart

Saturday, April 5
Session 1:
10 a.m. – Daniel Bryan

Session 2:
1 p.m. – Big Show

Session 3:
6 p.m. – Ric Flair
8 p.m. – Sheamus

Sunday, April 6
8 a.m. – Bruno Sammartino
10 a.m. – Rey Mysterio
12 p.m. – Shawn Michaels

90 bucks to see D.Bry? Seems like a steal.
90 bucks to see Big Show? Highway Robbery.

Kyoufu

Punk lost the title after 434 days, I don't really like his run too much but I leave that to creative and not Punk. Rock did however, give Punk his greatest/most memorable feud of his entire reign and made Punk look like a million bucks. Who can stop this dastardly CM Punk? Seemingly no one, except one of arguably the greatest wrestlers of all time.

I do agree however, with the sentiment that Punk deserves to main event a WM.

I think if you're going to have an epic 400+ day title run end to one of the GOATs of the business then you should do it at WM. That feud was great and well worthy of a WM main event. Rock vs Cena was tame the first and second time.

The #1 contender match between Punk and Cena (match of the year) was Punk's statement to the suits upstairs that he should be in the main event.

Also, let's get something straight here. Rock didn't intentionally make Punk look like a million bucks. Punk looked like a million bucks because he's better than a hollywood part-timer who has to use choke holds for 30 minutes.

Pavaloo

I think if you're going to have an epic 400+ day title run end to one of the GOATs of the business then you should do it at WM. That feud was great and well worthy of a WM main event. Rock vs Cena was tame the first and second time.

The #1 contender match between Punk and Cena (match of the year) was Punk's statement to the suits upstairs that he should be in the main event.

Also, let's get something straight here. Rock didn't intentionally make Punk look like a million bucks. Punk looked like a million bucks because he's better than a hollywood part-timer who has to use choke holds for 30 minutes.
The situation with Cena and Rocky:

He wanted to put someone over like Hogan did for him (and Andre did for Hogan, Hogan did for Warrior, etc). Hogan never needed to put Rocky over because Rock was over as shit by his own accord, but he did it anyway because respect for the business, passing the torch, and whatnot.

Rock is about to leave WWE to do movies and he feels like he should put a young guy over before leaving, he does it with Brock Lesnar. Who then left the company while he was hot and supposed to be "the guy." Giving Vince severe trust issues in pushing new/young talent.

So years later Rock gives it to the only guy they have been able to rely on and call "the guy" for almost 10 years now. You can argue Cena doesn't need it, but no one else on the roster deserves being put over like that other than Cena.

That's why Rock had to fight Cena a second time and lose. People may shit on it, but I understand it.

I agree that Rock and Punk could have main evented WM themselves. I agree that Punk vs Cena was match of the year. I disagree with the notion that Punk carried the whole feud. I understand saying he carried the matches, but Rocky sold for him like a champ and his mic work, while tired and stale, was leagues above the rest of the roster in charisma and crowd control.

We can go in circles about this all you want, but in my mind Rock's intention was to make CM Punk look great. They're friends.

UberTag

Ok cool. I thought in an effort to control their crowds, they would move it away from NO.

I know WWE doesn't like their WM and post WM crowds. But logistically it cant happen.
In a perfect world they'd book all of their shows in Omaha.
And fill the audience with WBF bodybuilders.

90 bucks to see D.Bry? Seems like a steal.
90 bucks to see Big Show? Highway Robbery.
What's that make the 175 bucks to see Big Dave then? You know he's a movie star, right?
Beats posing with two of the other guys (Shawn, Flair, Bret) for 5 bucks more.

I still really like this promo package from last year's rumble

Watching this promo, and heel CM Punk in general, I really took it for granted just how talented that man is. One of the best bad guys in the business.

To think if we gotten that No. 1 contendership match with him and Cena, which is my personal MOTY of 2013, that could've been the main event for Mania that year. Even if Cena won, I wouldn't have been irate. Fuck you and your money, Hollywood. I guess that's why WWE is no.1 though.

jmdajr

In a perfect world they'd book all of their shows in Omaha.
And fill the audience with WBF bodybuilders.

What's that make the 175 bucks to see Big Dave then? You know he's a movie star, right?
Beats posing with two of the other guys (Shawn, Flair, Bret) for 5 bucks more.

Too obvious for me to even mention. I don't know what's the max tix they can sell, but if there was no limits I think D. Bry would be making A LOT more.

Edit: lots of cool stars you can still see for non vip most likely: Ziggler, Shield, Cesaro, probably all sorts of legends, etc.

If you hit enough strip bars in New Orleans then you'll likely see all of the living members of the nWo for the cost of a two drink minimum purchase.

Batigol

Banned
Before Punk left, why did no one think to do a Bryan/Punk match at Mania? It would've easily been match of the night and the crowd wouldn't give a shit that it wasn't for the title, so Boo-tista could still win his shitty match

I wish. I think WWE is focusing on Raw and SD content first, then going back to mine older show. I loved WWF Prime Time. The roundtable discussions with Vince, Perfect, Heenan, and whoever they'd dig up on the face side (Monsoon usually, sometimes Slick...or Hillbilly Jim) was so great.

And don't forget Jameson. That Rick Moranis like nerd

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Before Punk left, why did no one think to do a Bryan/Punk match at Mania? It would've easily been match of the night and the crowd wouldn't give a shit that it wasn't for the title, so Boo-tista could still win his shitty match

It would have been a great match but you'd still hear D.Brine chants in Batista's match. You could make Punk/Bryan the last match so the crowd goes home happy, but you know they wouldn't do that.

Big Dave is getting booed no matter what they do.

UberTag

You don't get it. They don't want a match like that showing up the likes of Cena, Trips and Big Dave.
Hell, even Taker's match would look like shit because Punk and D.Brine are the only guys that could get a decent match out of him except for possibly Brock.

This business is all about placating over-inflated egos. EVERYTHING else is secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom