• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Maybe since the Rock is going to be Green Lantern we could get Tenay as Sinestro:

cdzAdgv.png

The%2BRock%2BClapping.gif

For those getting the WWE Network, what's the first PPV you're watching? I'm thinking either Royal Rumble 2000, or the one with The Rock vs Mankind in an I Quit match.

Triple H is the best body actor in WWE. I mean he's awful at doing promos, wrestling, putting people over, etc. But his facial reactions and the way he moves his body to show emotion is great.

jred2k

For those getting the WWE Network, what's the first PPV you're watching? I'm thinking either Royal Rumble 2000, or the one with The Rock vs Mankind in an I Quit match.

Just for curiosity's sake I bet a lot of people will check out Over the Edge '99 or WM XX. It'll be interesting to see how those two in particular are handled.

Heatwave 98. That one was a game changer for me. It was my first ECW ppv and it blew my mind. Then probably KOTR 2001 where Kurt owned the night. After that I'm going for the HBK-Jericho 2008 feud and then looking up old WCW Jericho matches.

Kaladin

The first PPV I get to when I start watching the back catalogue of whichever weekly episodic program I decide to watch.

Before Punk left, why did no one think to do a Bryan/Punk match at Mania? It would've easily been match of the night and the crowd wouldn't give a shit that it wasn't for the title, so Boo-tista could still win his shitty match

What and have it overshadow everything else that night.

No chance, that's what you've got.

That Mike Tenay album makes me want to start a wrestling promotion in the 80s just so I could use the music on my regionally-broadcast TV show.

Whatever happened to that Michael Bay produced NBC show about 80's pro-wrestling? I heard The Rock would be involved as well. Was it because Ebersol is in bed with the McMahons with the whole NBC Universal deal and they don't wanna see wrestling as this joke business?

Because I would LOVE a 30 Rock type show but for a wrestling promotion. Just imagine who would play the Vince Russo character? Fuck I'd make that the main protagonist.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Survivor Series 1998.

IT'S A DEADLY GAME.

I have this on vhs/dvd/digital copy

I'm hearing some rumblings about a WWE/ROH partnership incoming. Don't know to what extent yet.

Probably WWE using ROH matches for some DVD...a DVD like... a Daniel Bryan DVD.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whatever happened to that Michael Bay produced NBC show about 80's pro-wrestling? I heard The Rock would be involved as well. Was it because Ebersol is in bed with the McMahons with the whole NBC Universal deal and they don't wanna see wrestling as this joke business?

Because I would LOVE a 30 Rock type show but for a wrestling promotion. Just imagine who would play the Vince Russo character? Fuck I'd make that the main protagonist.

I dunno man, all it would do would do it wrong :/ Like REAL wrong. Like...you know how there were some TV shows in the early 2000s about video game characters/families? Like that bad.

I dunno man, all it would do would do it wrong :/ Like REAL wrong. Like...you know how there were some TV shows in the early 2000s about video game characters/families? Like that bad.

I mean yeah if you fuck it up, you fuck it up.

Maybe not a comedy, but how about some hard ass drama depressing shit. Basically a show about the Von Erichs during WCCW on HBO. Tell me you wouldn't watch that. Fuck just make an anthology show ala True Detective using David Shoemaker's The Squared Circle.

krae_man

Oh god the Miz and Ziggler are going to form a "we're being held down by creative" tag team. Thats' right, the guy who Main Evented a Wrestlemania and sucks is complaining about being held back.

jred2k

Oh god the Miz and Ziggler are going to form a "we're being held down by creative" tag team. Thats' right, the guy who Main Evented a Wrestlemania and sucks is complaining about being held back.

Zack Ryder is currently praying that someone else from Long Island gets signed to the WWE.

UberTag

Zack Ryder is currently praying that someone else from Long Island gets signed to the WWE.
Newly announced match for WrestleMania XXX:
The Cleveland Connection vs. The Zack & Sock Connection

Will be added to a showcase lineup that also includes:
- John Cena burying Bray Wyatt's gimmick
- Big Dave winning the WWE World Heavyweight title in an epic 5-star classic against Randy Orton
- D.Brine losing to Triple H (because he's a loser) but still getting to chant YES! with the 75,000+ in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome because he will get back together with his good buddy Corporate Kane who will turn face for the 20th time in his career
- Brock Lesnar jobbing for the umpteenth time to the 48-year-old Undertaker (22-0)
- Cody Rhodes getting the rub from his big brother, Goldust
- Roman Reigns turning face on the Shield after what will likely be the best match of the entire show
- And Hulk Hogan being a glory hog while hosting the festivities; can't wait to see those pythons of his doing the YES! chant

The only thing worth cheering that entire weekend will be Jake's induction into the Hall of Fame. And whatever wrestling gets booked by other companies.

Showaddy

From Pwinsider:

If Bryan doesn't win and then they have Batista vs Orton later get ready for a riot and the raw after will be insanity. They can't be that stupid.

Oh God I hope I get a chance to see Taker's match at least before the crowd burn that place to the ground. HHH really is beyond parody now.

krae_man

The one good thing about Miz and Ziggler teaming up is we might Get Ziggler-Miz Vs The New Age Outlaws for the Tag Titles at Mania.

But then again, they'll probably fuck it up and only have Ziggler and Road Dogg in the ring at the same time.

UberTag

The one good thing about Miz and Ziggler teaming up is we might Get Ziggler-Miz Vs The New Age Outlaws for the Tag Titles at Mania.

But then again, they'll probably fuck it up and only have Ziggler and Road Dogg in the ring at the same time.
I'll give the WWE some credit. I don't think they'd fuck that match up.
They'd have Ziggles and Billy wrestle one another.
The only way that match gets fucked up is if they put it in a steel cage and ask Dolph to top Cody's attempt at killing himself from Monday.

Anth0ny

From Pwinsider:

If Bryan doesn't win and then they have Batista vs Orton later get ready for a riot and the raw after will be insanity. They can't be that stupid.

did anyone think Bryan would go over trips at Mania? Come the fuck on guys. Have you already forgotten 2011? They wouldn't put HHH over the hottest guy in wrestling since the Attitude Era. Surely!

The crowd shitting on the "main event" is going to be great.

Extreme rules is not in Seattle:

ha

this fucking company

jred2k

I'll give the WWE some credit. I don't think they'd fuck that match up.
They'd have Ziggles and Billy wrestle one another.
The only way that match gets fucked up is if they put it in a steel cage and ask Dolph to top Cody's attempt at killing himself from Monday.

Road Dogg should hit his head really hard in the match and become convinced that Ziggler is his partner. That will lead to RD attacking BG and opening the door for Miz to get the pin.

Snaku

Banned
Just bought tickets to the final Raw before WMXXX at the Verizon Center. It'll be my first Raw I've attended. Hope it's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom