• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

Bullet Club's pretty well liked here, but in general I see a fair bit of complaining from western fans about the cheating and interference. Some people are just really sick of the whole stable and their antics "ruining" what could otherwise be a good, competitive match. I see their point, but it's not like New Japan's starved for great matches and the Bullet Club clearly serve a purpose; being the full-on heel stable CHAOS and, to a lesser extent, Suzuki-gun haven't been able to be in recent years. Ultimately, western fans are not the ones they're playing up to - it's the ACTUAL audience whose reactions dictate things, we're just a tiny part of that..

I've listen to a podcast from two people who are in Japan and went to the Wrestle kingdom and they are not fans of the Bullet Club right now.

The idea is good but they are doing too much of the Western Heel clichés all in one match. All the run ins, chair shots, interference and pulling the ref out spots is not great and doing it all in Devitt matches are annoying.

Its hurting his match quality and they are getting close to booking him like a chicken shit heel which shouldn't happen.

Also, with all this new merch of his it seems like he might be staying because its weird for him to say thanks for all this new stuff but I'm off to the WWE now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Clearly New Japan do feel they need real heels otherwise they wouldn't have booked Bullet Club as such.
New Japan books plenty of people they don't need. You think they needed the Gracies to have a match? Bullet Club is just the biggest smear on the product. It might have worked for a little while, but people are getting sick of it. It's worn out its welcome.

They're pretty much the X-Pac of New Japan. Booed not because they're good heels, but booed because they've been doing the same thing since their debut. If Devitt wasn't in that stable, they'd get eaten alive by the Japanese smart fans and the regular fans would stop giving a crap.

Aiii

So not worth it
So I just bought one of these at VGP:
M08888_3.jpg

Because damnit I wanted one and they're sexy!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's all about moderation. What Bullet Club did during WK8 needs to be toned down and ebb and flow. They were a fucking terror to poor Ibushi, and that apron bomb was amazingly horrible.

I have faith they know their limits and will get booked around it properly without upsetting FAR too many people.

Aiii

So not worth it
It actually works? What's the battery life like?

Haven't got it yet, it's supposed to work fine and only struggles with Super Mario RPG. Battery life isn't great I hear, about 3 hours I think, but that's fine for me.

You can charge it via Micro-USB.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
There was no way there were 190,000 people at Kollision In Korea right? If there were, I would imagine that most of them were papered since I doubt many people in North Korea knew what WCW or NJPW were. Were they forced to go?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
watch out, rafas boner will put your eye out

XenoRaven

I guess I'm just a baka gaijin but I get the same joy out of a Devitt match as I do a Taka/Taichi or Yano match. I guess the difference is that they're lower on the card and Devitt matches are usually well promoted?

Maybe Japanese audiences just aren't rrrrreeeaaal enough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Difference being that they book Devitt to get title matches and try to take him serious.

None of those dudes are carried as seriously as NJPW carries Devitt. Yano will, sadly, never win the main title. TAKA and Taichi will always be tag guys where you can be a little goofier. Yujiro is the same way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wish Madusa would stop fuckin round with Manster Trucks and come back to wrestle. She can still fill out that outfit.

If I had just one wish
Only one demand
I hope he's not like me
I hope he understands
That he can take this life
And grab it by the hand
And he can greet the world
With arms wide open...

Verendus

Banned
Well, no Elimination Chamber PPV for me. I have to go Japan again on business a few days before and will be stuck there for a bit. Disappointed since I will not get the chance to see it live whilst there.

Godzilla help me if Orton wins the EC match. I cannot believe.

Kyoufu

Well, no Elimination Chamber PPV for me. I have to go Japan again on business a few days before and will be stuck there for a bit. Disappointed since I will not get the chance to see it live whilst there.

Godzilla help me if Orton wins the EC match. I cannot believe.

I hope the WM30 main event is Orton vs Batista.

Please. PLEASE let it happen.

Its hurting his match quality and they are getting close to booking him like a chicken shit heel which shouldn't happen.

What really hurt Devitt's match quality is the lack of challengers for the Jr. title this past year. The whole heel turn angle that morphed into Bullet Club was meant to to put Taguchi over for the belt, but he got injured, putting pay to their plans. If Taguchi hadn't been injured, he probably would have won the Super Jr's and then likely taken the belt from Devitt at the first big opportunity. So they had to keep Devitt hot until he could hand the belt off to someone worth a damn, which turned out to be Ibushi.

But, when Devitt did get to defend the Jr's title, or get a big match with the likes of Okada & Tanahashi (that forgettable lumberjack match excluded), the matches were great in spite of any interference. Same goes for the Super Jr's final. Taken out of the context of that tournament (where Devitt cheated heavily throughout), it's a real good match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom