• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Fave Five Jobbers

5. Brooklyn Brawler
4. Santino Marella
3. 1,2,3 Kid (remember when he was the jobber that beat Razor Ramon? Best angle ever for a jobber)
2. Heath Slater & The 3 Man Band
1. Triple H's Broomstick

Anyone got that TNA ratings gif for me? Only result on google is a dead GAF link. Thanks in advance!

ratingsgif-2.gif

Quack is on the art of wrestling this week.

Full media blast goooooo

Not only is it full media blast, all the damn interviews are the same!

Same questions. Same answers. Same exact phrases, even!

But no it's not a fluff piece/heavily rehearsed or anything, nooooooooo

That's how all the meeting speeches were too

P.S: Fuck your Fave Fives if they don't have these:

1: Bao Nguyen
2: 1 2 3 Kid
3: Santino Marella
4: Brooklyn Brawler
5: Barry Horowitz

jmdajr

Zack Ryder has to be the most successful jobber of all time. Straight up jobber, hasn't won shit, but still got some tv time and tons of merch.

editL: my mistake! us.s. champ and tag champ!

my opinion still stands though.

Scottify

I seem to remember a time when they made a big deal out of Barry Horowitz winning. I can't remember if it led to anything though. But yes, at least Zack gets merch and all that.

Pizoxuat

Jobbers?

5. 3MB
4. Brooklyn Brawler
3. Zach Ryder
2. Kofi Kingston (when it's that time on the Kofi Clock)
1. Job Squad

Kaladin

Zack Ryder has to be the most successful jobber of all time. Straight up jobber, hasn't won shit, but still got some tv time and tons of merch.

editL: my mistake! us.s. champ and tag champ!

my opinion still stands though.

What about X-Pac? Started out as a jobber till he beat Razor Ramon.....although that could have been the angle all along as he wasn't a jobber for long, but he did go through several name changes as a jobber so maybe.....maybe not.

Beth Phoenix and edge has kid !!

Former WWE Women’s Champion & Divas Champion, Beth Phoenix is now a mom! During an interview with George Stroumboulopoulos (yes, that’s his name) last night.

Phoenix’s boyfriend WWE Hall of Famer Adam “Edge” Copeland announced the great news that the two had a baby six weeks ago.

Watching some WWWF from 1965 and the first match up features a young 'Cowboy' Bill Watts - he was only three years pro at this point and had been a babyface, often tagging with Bruno and seconding him for title matches, but got a huge reaction when he turned heel on Bruno and spent all of '65 feuding with him over the belt, before being run out of the territory. The match here's against some jobber from Puerto Rico. Big boos throughout this extended squash, as Bill stooges through every page of the heel play book. Bill has literally five moves, here's all of them;

iosj2qdrFg2Gx.gif

The oversell when the dude went over the ropes got increasingly ridiculous, as they did the spot three times. Also, back then it seems that guys sold shots to the turnbuckle as absolute, unequivocal and instant death.

Raw64life

http://rajah.com/node/39087

Earlier this week, Take-Two interactive officially announced that WWE 2K15 is in development. While there was no mention of the game being available on next generation consoles, the company has now confirmed it will be released on Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

During a Wednesday night earnings call with investors, Take-Two president Karl Slatoff said:

"In addition, during fiscal 2015, consumers can look forward to exciting next generation releases from our NBA 2K and WWE franchises as well as other unannounced titles that promise to raise the bar for excellence. We will have more to share about our titles throughout the next several months as we head into E3."

Take-Two Chairman and CEO Strauss Zelnick touted the strong sales performance of WWE 2K14, which exceeded their sales projections:

"Our WWE franchise has quickly proven to be a successful addition to our portfolio Sales of WWE 2K14 have exceeded our expectations and the title is being supported with add-on content including a Season Pass featuring many of fan-favourite WWE superstars and legends. We believe there is a meaningful opportunity to grow this series by further leveraging 2K's marketing power and development expertise."

As for whether WWE 2K15 will be available on PS3 and Xbox 360, Zelnick explained:

"We have haven't said anything about our NBA titles - but for next gen platforms - our sports titles but for next gen platforms. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that we are not going on current gen, rather we are going on current gen, it's not related at this point. It just means we haven't had anything to share"

There's no word yet on when WWE 2K15 will be on sale, but an October/November release date seems likely.

It's going to be the same fucking shit this year even on next-gen consoles isn't it...

Ithil

2k14 looks like a 2007 game at the end of the PS3's lifetime. Can't wait for them to finally match 2011 PS3 games on the PS4 in 2014.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
http://rajah.com/node/39087

It's going to be the same fucking shit this year even on next-gen consoles isn't it...

"We have haven't said anything about our NBA titles - but for next gen platforms - our sports titles but for next gen platforms. But that doesn’t necessarily mean that we are not going on current gen, rather we are going on current gen, it's not related at this point. It just means we haven't had anything to share"

I cannot parse this sentence at all.

Ithil

The style being taught in developmental right now is for the babyfaces to get one comeback spot, build it around trademark spots and finishes should be a specific hold that they always use to win.

From the Observer Newsletter. This is precisely why general WWE TV matches are completely worthless. Only the longer matches get to have anything interesting happen.

Also, the delights of what we can expect from the next season of Total Divas, also from Meltzer:

The new season of Total Divas will debut on 3/16 at 9 p.m. Eastern. The season will feature ten episodes. As noted before, Summer Rae, using her stage name and not real name Danielle Moinet, (the former team captain of the Chicago Bliss in the Lingerie Football League), replaces Jo Jo Offerman in the cast. Offerman is still under contract in developmental but there are no plans to use her on the main shows any longer since she’s not on Total Divas. Among the highlights of this ten episode season will be two weddings, the Jonathan Fatu and Trinity McCray (Jimmy Uso and Naomi) and the Bryan Danielson and Brie Bella (they use his real name, not hers) which will be the final episode of the season in May. Other storylines include Eva Marie also getting married to her non-wrestler boyfriend and keeping it a secret from her family, Nikki Bella contemplating breaking up with John Cena (considering they are still together, I guess that didn’t happen) as well as the introduction of Jonathan Fatu’s father, the famed Rikishi, as the mad parent who is against the marriage wanting his son to marry someone of Samoan ancestry. Yes, folks, that is just a storyline they created. They will also tell stories of Eva Marie winning over the WWE fans and becoming a big favorite (I missed that), Brie Bella, Natalya and Trinity all chasing the Divas title, but Natalya ends up out of the title picture due to a contrived (though pushed on the show as real) personality clash with Summer Rae. Fandango also ends up with more TV time on the show. The plan is for the season to end with the climax of Brie getting married and one of the women capturing the Divas title at WrestleMania.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You look like a comedy jobber stable.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Serious, though. Bullet Club are just about the only reeeeeeeeeeeeeal heels in New Japan. Everyone else is too well liked.

But Bullet Club is well liked...just not in Japan itself.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
You look like a comedy jobber stable.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Serious, though. Bullet Club are just about the only reeeeeeeeeeeeeal heels in New Japan. Everyone else is too well liked.

It's Japanese wrestling. You don't need real heels.

Also what Sunny said.

From the Observer Newsletter. This is precisely why general WWE TV matches are completely worthless. Only the longer matches get to have anything interesting happen.

Also, the delights of what we can expect from the next season of Total Divas, also from Meltzer:

omg spoilerzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

jred2k

Total Divas literally has more long-term booking than the main product now. I don't know how to react to that. I guess its the outcome of not having only carnies run a production.

And why did the Bucks decide to use the fucking crotch chop of all the gestures they could pick. They aren't 10 and it isn't 1998 anymore.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yessssssss more Total Divas!

Total Divas literally has more long-term booking than the main product now. I don't know how to react to that. I guess its the outcome of not having only carnies run a production.

And why did the Bucks decide to use the fucking crotch chop of all the gestures they could pick. They aren't 10 and it isn't 1998 anymore.

Unfortunately they're ALL Attitude Era dorks. Anderson's kind of depressing to see doing his Wolfpac shit.

god, they use the Sin Cara piss filter lighting in his NXT match. and it's a bit sloppy too, i know we said Hunico botches less but he still ain't perfect.

ah, thank god Emma is on this episode. i need some more of Emma in her element after RAW this week

jmdajr

god, they use the Sin Cara piss filter lighting in his NXT match. and it's a bit sloppy too, i know we said Hunico botches less but he still ain't perfect.

Why can't these fools adapt like Rey did. Truly he is very underrated or was anyway. Best days behind him but probbaly the best ever use of lucha style they ever had in WWE.

Guess you can make argument for Guerreros, but Rey is definitely what I think of luchador and he worked successfully with pretty much anybody. Just ask Punk!

edit:
2011-08-03-jomo-history.jpg

But Bullet Club is well liked...just not in Japan itself.

Bullet Club's pretty well liked here, but in general I see a fair bit of complaining from western fans about the cheating and interference. Some people are just really sick of the whole stable and their antics "ruining" what could otherwise be a good, competitive match. I see their point, but it's not like New Japan's starved for great matches and the Bullet Club clearly serve a purpose; being the full-on heel stable CHAOS and, to a lesser extent, Suzuki-gun haven't been able to be in recent years. Ultimately, western fans are not the ones they're playing up to - it's the ACTUAL audience whose reactions dictate things, we're just a tiny part of that.

Dragonzord said:
It's Japanese wrestling. You don't need real heels.

Clearly New Japan do feel they need real heels otherwise they wouldn't have booked Bullet Club as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom