• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Did somebody not get what they wanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Oh so I watched the CM Punk documentary last night. Surprised how decent it was. Some great shoot interviews. It was nice to get up to speed for a time in wrestling I mostly decided to completely stop watching. I didn't realize Samoa Joe, Punk, and Bryan were all there together when ROH started. Went back and watched some of those matches.

strobogo

Banned
I thought my normal dreams were weird, and my drinking dreams were even weirder, but my stopped drinking for a few days dreams are the weirdest.

One had someone trying to fuse a tiki hut roof with a blow torch with disastrous results. Then a guy jumping from the top of a water slide that was on top of a trampoline and nailing the rim of the trampoline head first. Then a bunch of people walking down the road and coming into my aunt's garage at 3 in the morning to start a party. And at this party, I heard some crazy screaming/singing and go out to see that Axl Rose, Bumblefoot, and a scrub drummer are playing an impromptu show. Which makes me sad because that isn't far off from what GNR will be in a year or so, but Axl sounded like prime Axl instead of out of breath Mickey Mouse Axl of today. And then he did a cover of Came Back Haunted by NIN. It was pretty rad. Also, someone pooped in the pool and I heard Vince's WBF calls in my head all night. It was a pretty solid dream.

Bfz1P9qIEAAgd80.jpg
2158318.jpg

ghostmind

Tarver is supposed to be challenging Kojima for the NWA Heavyweight title for one of the New Beginning PPV's, and then tagging with Big Daddy YumYum to take on TenKoji for #1 Contender for the NWA Tag belts on the other PPV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I thought my normal dreams were weird, and my drinking dreams were even weirder, but my stopped drinking for a few days dreams are the weirdest.

One had someone trying to fuse a tiki hut roof with a blow torch with disastrous results. Then a guy jumping from the top of a water slide that was on top of a trampoline and nailing the rim of the trampoline head first. Then a bunch of people walking down the road and coming into my aunt's garage at 3 in the morning to start a party. And at this party, I heard some crazy screaming/singing and go out to see that Axl Rose, Bumblefoot, and a scrub drummer are playing an impromptu show. Which makes me sad because that isn't far off from what GNR will be in a year or so, but Axl sounded like prime Axl instead of out of breath Mickey Mouse Axl of today. And then he did a cover of Came Back Haunted by NIN. It was pretty rad. Also, someone pooped in the pool and I heard Vince's WBF calls in my head all night. It was a pretty solid dream.

LOOK AT THE MAJESTY

uoHbR7A.jpg

Sorry I'm waaaaaay behind on this but Is it true or just a daft rumour that Daniel Bryan's first ever word on Wwe tv was 'yes' in response to The miz?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jesse Ventura wasted on TNT

Exactly what it says. Jesse acts very...interesting in a short clip with Vince and Al on TNT. He and Al get into it a bit.

Vince McMahon can't read his lines

Of note, the Vince video features an early and rare on screen GOD DAMN from Vince. Sunny, you'll be happy with it.

GOD DAMN! So good, but I can't help but hear it even more loudly!

Shit this Jesse video is funny too. Reminds me of when Strobogo would talk to Bootaaay on Midnight WrassleGAF Talk Show.

Xater

Jesse Ventura wasted on TNT

Exactly what it says. Jesse acts very...interesting in a short clip with Vince and Al on TNT. He and Al get into it a bit.

Vince McMahon can't read his lines

Of note, the Vince video features an early and rare on screen GOD DAMN from Vince. Sunny, you'll be happy with it.

What show is this in the Ventura clip. Did the WWF have their own late night show at some point?

Vince acting naturally in the second clip is weird. I don't think I have ever seen him out if character before.

strobogo

Banned
Tuesday Night Titans. It was amazing. I wish WWE would bring it back for the Network, but TNT was raunchy and I don't think they'll do a new show like that today. It'd be a bunch of terrible King/Cole jokes today. It was from 1984-1986, so it was really right before they went kiddie cartoon world. That period for the WWF was still bloody, gritty, dirty, and had a lot of adult stuff going on. Especially from guys like Jesse and Piper.

One of my favorite things of the 1992 WBF show was Bobby getting progressively drunker all night and culminating in him saying he loved a happy ending while Zandig had his two women blowing him on stage. It made Vince pop.

Xater

Tuesday Night Titans. It was amazing. I wish WWE would bring it back for the Network, but TNT was raunchy and I don't think they'll do a new show like that today. It'd be a bunch of terrible King/Cole jokes today. It was from 1984-1986, so it was really right before they went kiddie cartoon world. That period for the WWF was still bloody, gritty, dirty, and had a lot of adult stuff going on. Especially from guys like Jesse and Piper.

Looking up TNT on Wikipedia I was confronted with a list of notable moment which included this:

Dr. "D", David Schultz accidentally firing a loaded gun while showing his collection to Vince McMahon and Alfred Hayes.

That sounds amazing.

Mahonay

Banned
I don't get it.

Why would WWE be concerned with CM Punk chants when they could just easily mute them? Can an intelligent, rational thinking fan here help educate me? Maybe a better place to ask is the OT thread with its many Daniel Bryan fans.
Heard a few CM Punk chants on RAW. They never went on for very long though.

The loudest chanting was during Orton, as always. It's kind of amazing how the crowd turns on him every single time he comes out now.

As far as we know Vince wants Punk back, so there's a chance he's fine with the chants. Anything that might get Punk to change his mind.

somedevil

Update on Devitt:

- According to a person close to international wrestling star Prince Devitt, he has still not made up his mind on signing a deal with WWE. A contract has been offered and should be decided on before the month is over.

So he has 3 weeks to make his decision. I find it weird he hasn't said yes to either New Japan or WWE but New Japan still gives him a new shirt.

It must be hard for him to leave the Bullet Club when it has all these new members and merchandise.

KissVibes

Banned
Update on Devitt:

So he has 3 weeks to make his decision. I find it weird he hasn't said yes to either New Japan or WWE but New Japan still gives him a new shirt.

It must be hard for him to leave the Bullet Club when it has all these new members and merchandise.

New Japan probably gave him that shirt as a reason to stick around.

NOW IF ONLY THEY'D SHIP TO THE GODDAMN U.S.

Batista's Marvel movie (Guardians of the Galaxy) already has a sequel announced for 2016. Hope you're all ready to see more of our future WWE World Champ!

Showaddy

Update on Devitt:

WWE must be offering him a massive contract to get him to even consider moving. He earns a good wage at NJPW + however much he get's out of his Armani Exchange sponsorship and with the Bullet Club he's got a hell of a spot on the programme and a genuine chance to hold the Heavyweight belt in a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom